Episode 41 - The Zilo Beast Strikes Back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
Overall: Negative

Wow. This episode surprised me.,.in the opposite way than the last one did.

Did I mention the SPHA-T tanks last time? Thats a nice addition.

Green gas is pretty?

Dislikes:
Broken record time: ANOTHER Anakin episode...ANOTHER Coruscant episode...blah blah blah. Most of last episode's criticisms carried over.

If this series wants to channel Gojira then CHANNEL it. They build up all these parallels but then COMPLETELY ignore Gojira's message. if you're going to pay homage to something, freaking understand what you are homaging. There was no point.

There was so much in this episode that was just pointless. The Dr. Lady is gassing a creature, but doest have an enclosed box? Padme's introduction was TOTALLY random. The only thing more random than that was Anakin and Aayla runing up and down the Zilo beasts back waving their lightsabers. I mean....what was the point to that!

There is still other annoying things like Padme magically accelerating down a roof ledge before magically grabbing on to a non-existant ledge and stopping herself from falling off with her little skinny arms. There's also 3PO somewhow learning to sprint for the first time in 33 years.

This episode was really just a comedy of errors. Brining the beast to Coruscant was a dumb idea (seriously, MACE is now the leading voice of prescience?). Its escape was predictable. The show made it out to be like some sort of secret Palpatinian plan, but the point of the plan was never revealed.

The whole Zilo-beast-out-to-get-Palps is weird too. It may have a hit job on him, but Anakin and Mace and the doctor also caused it significant harm, more than Palpy ever did directly.

...and apparently Palpy has a cloning fetish.

*sigh*

Ms.Marvel
palpy?

*blinks* sorry... i did actually read your whole post lol

queeq
Godzilla... zillo beast.... climbing buildings...OMG

DARTH POWER
Ah but I liked how the beast was after Palpatine.. To me it seemed like it could sense or see he was behind its capture and when it looked at Palps it could see how evil he was. Brilliant I thought.

Oh and the next episode has Anakin as well. As well as a very unexpected appearance.(well was to me anyway).

But Dnt bother compalining about Skywalker. End of the day the whole Star Wars story (that George has dun) was all about Anakin.

Only the live action series will have no sign of him.

Ordo
Except, Lucas, Filoni, and every other hack on this show promised us that this show would NOT be the skywalker story.

If they were intelligent, they could write a show that would add to the skywalker story without having the exact character in it.

queeq
I woulnd't be surprised if Anakin shows up in the live action series.

Ordo
Well, he'd be called Vader.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by queeq
I woulnd't be surprised if Anakin shows up in the live action series.

LOL! Maybe they could keep showing flashbacks of sum1 who knew him as Anakin!

Q99
It did remind me a fair amount of Cloverfield in design with the multiple limbs and all.

Ordo
I havent seen cloverfield. Filoni said that he was directly channeling Gojira, to the point of naming one of the clone Goji and putting an icon of the oxgen destroyer on the tactical droid's bosom....so thats how I critiqued it.

Ordo
And I forgot, I really hated Palps' line about "nothign is indestructable" He spent the enitre OT talking about impenetrable shield this, indestructable battle station that.

queeq
THe more they write, the worse it gets.

Ordo
Its always been that way with Lucas. And those idiots still let him...

ares834
I actually enjoyed this episode. I personnaly see this episode to be a lot mor elike King Kong than Godzilla.

queeq
A bit of both...

Ordo
...and yet neither.

queeq
Yup...

Nemesis X
It would've been awesome if the Zillo Beast did kill Palpatine but unfortunately, that didn't happen and I knew this was gonna happen since the whole series is nothing but a friggin prequel.

queeq
Hehehe... it is. No more no less.

REXXXX
I actually really enjoyed this episode. It was fun to watch. Unlike Bounty Hunters, which I just found aggravating and obnoxious, despite the bounty hunters possessing cool designs.

Ordo
Ugh. I cant agree with that. The first Zilo beast one was much better.

This one wasnt even exciting, the plot was as sorely apparent as the episodes title. Thats not exciting to me.

REXXXX
I found the content entertaining, and I liked that they were presented with a problem that was actually, you know, challenging. Fighting Hondo? You're expecting me to buy that Hondo can go toe-to-toe with Anakin Skywalker? A silly notion, but that's what we got. Between the bounty hunters and the three Jedi, it should have been no problem.

Also, I enjoyed Palpatine being malicious.

queeq
Lots of silly notions in CW2. It doesn't get better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.