Dr.strange (classic) vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
Classic sorcerer supreme vs Justice League

Strange gets plenty of prep time (i.e. maybe a few days to a week?) and he knows superman's weakness

Who wins?

Q99
What Justice League? Lineup matters a lot.

tests
Originally posted by Q99
What Justice League? Lineup matters a lot. \

green lantern, wonder woman, martian man hunter, super-man, bat-man, hawk-man (woman?) basically the standard JLA

Q99
Well with that lineup, Wonder Woman's going to be the big threat, being the most magic resistant and having a lasso that can shut down casting if she manages to get it around him.

With that much prep, my money's on strange.

A League team with Zatanna or Fate in addition to WW would probably win.

Warlord
yeah if doc has prep I see him winning

tests
i forgot to add, flash is in there too lol

Yea, i think stomp wins with prep. He was a meast with prep.

tests
oops, i meant to say strange, not stomp..

CortSether
Classic Strange defeated universal threats. He destroys JLA.

Prep-Man
If Fate's in this, he can match Strange easily.

Warlord
Originally posted by Prep-Man
If Fate's in this, he can match Strange easily.

or Zatana....
she would go down but she could buy the others time to act

Prep-Man
I don't see Z on the level of strange, but that's just my opinion.

Warlord
I agree... i just feel she would buy the rest of the team some time to act and thus give the JLA a chance.

with Fate it's a lot closer

Nihilist
I don't see Z on the level of strange, but that's just my opinion. thumb up Classic Strange would make short work of her, his alround commmand of Magic is well above her grade.

Without Dr Fate JLA would struggle with Strange getting plenty of prep.

Prep-Man
Classic Fate would F strange up. Just as powerful, but can also augment his physical stats to be around Pre-Crisis Superman level.

Nihilist
Classic Fate would F strange up. Just as powerful, but can also augment his physical stats to be around Pre-Crisis Superman level. F him up, very very unlikely.

Prep-Man
I think Fate is simply more powerful. If need be, he can draw the power from God himself. He's got the rogue gallery to back him up as well.

Mshinu
Classic Strange mops the floor with them.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mshinu
Classic Strange mops the floor with them.

Who's them and how does he beat Fate?

Mshinu
Who's them and how does he beat Fate?

He doesn`t need to beat Fate since he is not among the members tests specified.

Prep-Man
So, who is the JLA? Big 7? Standard JLA? The JLA is a lot different now. And Fate was in the classic lineup, so he should be added.

Priest
With a standard JLA line up, Classic Strange would win without prep.

Prep-Man
Strange would not be able to beat the Big 7 without prep. Let's not even go there.

Mshinu
So, who is the JLA? Big 7? Standard JLA? The JLA is a lot different now. And Fate was in the classic lineup, so he should be added.

Green lantern, wonder woman, martian man hunter, super-man, bat-man, hawk-man and flash for the purpose of this thread so far. It helps if you read the OP`s posts.

Priest
Strange would not be able to beat the Big 7 without prep. Let's not even go there.
Classic, hell yes he would.

Priest
Anywayz, i made this thread giving Strange 3 mins of prep, seems like most believe he would take out the JLA.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411336

Warlord
I see them as even... they ahve fought more or less enemies on the same level. Plus in a mage duel physical stats would mean nothing. I see this ending in an astral plane fight

TheTyrant

Classic Strange knocked out a starving Galactus with a spell....

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mshinu
Green lantern, wonder woman, martian man hunter, super-man, bat-man, hawk-man and flash for the purpose of this thread so far. It helps if you read the OP`s posts.

He questioned if it's a standard lineup. Hawkman isn't in a standard lineup.

Warlord
the standard line up is the founding members which get pwned by strage without prep...

Prep-Man
So Hal and Barry? They've handled worse.

Warlord
So Hal and Barry? They've handled worse.

And strange hasn't?
seriously you think Strange with prep couldn't handle Barry, Hal, Diana and John?

JakeTheBank
Classic Strange is pretty absurb, especially given time to prepare. A few days in the least gives him plenty to work with. Giving him a week makes this very one-sided against the JLA's specified roster.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
And strange hasn't?
seriously you think Strange with prep couldn't handle Barry, Hal, Diana and John?

Oh, with prep, sure. If it's a one-sided type prep. But didnt someone say WITHOUT prep? If people think Strange can beat good ol Hal and Barry without prep, I think that's just insane. Especially the foes Hal and Barry took out in their history. And that' not even including Martian Manhunter and Superman.

JakeTheBank
To be fair, Strange has bested foes greater than the JLA on his own without prep just as well as the JLA beating people as powerful or more so than Strange.

Warlord
still Satrange could handle guys like In Betweener without prep, so saying he could beat Barry and Hal isn't such a crazy opinion after all

Prep-Man
Yes, and Hal has faced mages like Wotan. And the JLA Mordru. Anything can happen, I just give JLA better odds because of the numbers.

Priest
Classic Strange had autosheilds that can guard him against a speed blitz. His shields were strong enough to stop a cosmic bolt from Galactus himself.
Strange pretty much had safe guards that can negate any of the JLA powers including MM's TP.
With a snap of his fingers he can stop time and banish anyone of the JLA lineup into a realmlike Mephsito's or Shuma's. Or even remove their souls fromhis keeping.
He was pretty much opperating on a level that of Classic Odin way back then.

Prep-Man
Really? He can negate Hal's ring? Hell, Hall can negate powers too. He can devolve Strange into a chimp if he wanted to. And Hal has autoshields as well.

Nihilist
Really? He can negate Hal's ring? Hell, Hall can negate powers too. He can devolve Strange into a chimp if he wanted to. And Hal has autoshields as well. laughing out loud
Strange resisted Mistress Death effecting him.

Prep-Man
Don't laugh so soon. Hal has devolved gods before. A weak god, but a god nonetheless.

Mshinu
You can`t really compare the two.. Classic Strange was on an entirely different level.

Priest
Really? He can negate Hal's ring? Hell, Hall can negate powers too. He can devolve Strange into a chimp if he wanted to. And Hal has autoshields as well.
i don't know if he can negate a power ring, but i do remember him negating the IG for a short period of time with very little prep, thats just something to think about.

Strange "powers" are derived from spells, he grants himself what he needs to have to get the job done. His powers operate differently from like a superman having super strength. I doubt Hal can negate a spell..

Classic strange had some pretty insane matter manipulation feats under his belt, he wouldn't be bothered by being devolved.

Autosheilds wont help hal hif he decides to fight him on a astral plane, or it wont stop him from being banished.

Nihilist
Don't laugh so soon. Hal has devolved gods before. A weak god, but a god nonetheless. Strange steals gods/skyfathers powers, he even started using Eternitys power fro a short while.

Prep-Man
Well, I was counting Pre-Crisis feats for Hal, because of the time period he and Barry were on a team. If that counts, he did negate a mage (forgot his name) and actually placed him inside his ring.

But, yeah, I think Strange can negate a ring.

Priest
Originally posted by Nihilist
Strange steals gods/skyfathers powers, he even started using Eternitys power fro a short while.
classic Strange was pretty much a walking plot device, him fighting a bunch or top tiers is unfair.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Nihilist
Strange steals gods/skyfathers powers, he even started using Eternitys power fro a short while.

I know what Strange is capable, friend. He can do anything with magic, but back in the day, Hal could do anything with the ring.

Same with Dr. Fate. So it'll be interesting.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Priest
classic Strange was pretty much a walking plot device, him fighting a bunch or top tiers is unfair.

Pre-Crisis Hal was a walking plot device. Hal actually went toe to toe with the JLA by HIMSELF. This was when Hal actually used the ring to it's fullest.

Warlord
this is the time where I say that I can list at least 10 characters that have solo the League from time to time.

anyway...In order for this thread to be any interesting the JLA line up needs a potent magic user and the OP saddly hasn't include any

Prep-Man
this is the time where I say that I can list at least 10 characters that have solo the League from time to time.

anyway...In order for this thread to be any interesting the JLA line up needs a potent magic user and the OP saddly hasn't include any

True, but Hal actually had the power to do it. It wasn't jobbing at all.

Warlord
well that's a bit of an overestimation. I love Hal but he wasn't equal with the rest league members combined and he wasn't equal to classic Strange IMO

Prep-Man
well that's a bit of an overestimation. I love Hal but he wasn't equal with the rest league members combined and he wasn't equal to classic Strange IMO

He's repeatedly kept up with Barry, restrained an enraged Superman, and devolved a plant god that the whole league couldn't take down.

How was he not on their level?

BTW, PC Superman admites that Hal's ring "Defies quantification." Meaning that he had no real limits.

Prep-Man
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/Justice_League_of_America_189-14.jpg

Prep-Man
Hal imprisoning the Crime Syndicate of America. Takes the COMBINED efforts for them to break out.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/Justice_League_of_America_207-09.jpg

Shields Superman from a 300 megaton detonation. Superman may not be able to survive.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/b75d772c.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/6254e4b2.jpg

Priest
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/Justice_League_of_America_189-14.jpg
Classic Strange resists the Living Tribunal
Originally posted by long pig

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5658/livingtri17iy.th.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5198/livingtri25ne.th.jpg

Nihilist
Classic Strange resists the Living Tribunal Bah, beat me to it mad

Warlord
He's repeatedly kept up with Barry, restrained an enraged Superman, and devolved a plant god that the whole league couldn't take down.

BTW, PC Superman admites that Hal's ring "Defies quantification." Meaning that he had no real limits.

I know of those feats buddy but overall in his career I see him as peer to supes, john, barry etc... I said he was not on a level equal to their combined power not he was not on their level individually.

oh and with those scan posting you and Priest started maybe you should take it to a batlezone

Prep-Man
I know of those feats buddy but overall in his career I see him as peer to supes, john, barry etc... I said he was not on a level equal to their combined power not he was not on their level individually.

oh and with those scan posting you and Priest started maybe you should take it to a batlezone

Yeah, they're in each others league, but Hal has the weapon to defeat Superman. Even in Post crisis, Hal created Kryptonite to defeat Superman and battled the JLA. Again, pre and post crisis.

Lord Feron
Strange + Prep wins.

cdtm
Pre-Crisis Hal was a walking plot device. Hal actually went toe to toe with the JLA by HIMSELF. This was when Hal actually used the ring to it's fullest.

Yeah, stuff like plugging up black holes and catching moons in a giant baseball glove were fairly normal stuff.

cdtm

This is true.

But in "Superman is a dick" fashion, he also called the ring a "nice trinket". big grin

Sasaraixx
Strange wins with prep - regardless of whether or not Fate or Z are in the lineup.

If there was no prep AND Fate or Zatanna were in the line-up then the JLA would have a chance. I still think Strange would win but it would be closer at least.

Q99
No prep, I think Strange would have way too much to deal with, even more so if there's someone who can counter at least some of his spells. Powerful as he is, he only has one concentration.

After all, if Diana gets her lasso around him, he can't cast spells any more.

Priest
Originally posted by Q99

After all, if Diana gets her lasso around him, he can't cast spells any more.
He'll break out of the lasso
Originally posted by long pig

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5658/livingtri17iy.th.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5198/livingtri25ne.th.jpg

Besides she wont be able to lasso him to begin with if his auto shields are up.

tests
sorry for the late reply guys, but ill change the line-up to make it more interesting from what i have read from your guys posts.

Include dr.fate in that JLA line-up and/or take the best JLA line-up out there.

Who Wins? With Prep, AND without Prep

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Strange wins with prep - regardless of whether or not Fate or Z are in the lineup.

If there was no prep AND Fate or Zatanna were in the line-up then the JLA would have a chance. I still think Strange would win but it would be closer at least.

Fate was good with prep as well and had simialar powerful artifacts. And fought just as powerful enemies.

tests
Fate was good with prep as well and had simialar powerful artifacts. And fought just as powerful enemies.

i do not know much about fate, but keep in mind that only strange in this scenario has prep, not the JLA. Also, did fate take on the likes of shuma gorath, dormammu, in-betweener etc?

Mindset
I think Fate is simply more powerful. If need be, he can draw the power from God himself. He's got the rogue gallery to back him up as well. Strange can draw power from "Gods" as well.

He can also augment his strength.

Juntai
He'll break out of the lasso

Besides she wont be able to lasso him to begin with if his auto shields are up. lmao, Tribunal back in the day was obviously a chump.

"never has the tribunal beheld such might!"

That shit is about as bad as Superman acting like he'd never seen anyone as fast as Deathstroke before.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
Strange can draw power from "Gods" as well.

He can also augment his strength.

Strange drew power from THE God? Not just any god, but the Presence.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by tests
i do not know much about fate, but keep in mind that only strange in this scenario has prep, not the JLA. Also, did fate take on the likes of shuma gorath, dormammu, in-betweener etc?

Yes, Fate had his own similar creatures. He even endured Spectre's rage and torture at half helm.

tests
i think strange could take on the JLA even with zatanna or fate. espeically if strange has prep like i indicated earlier.

Blanket
Strange would prob win with prep. So much shit to call upon.

He gets Sue Dibney'd without prep though.

cdtm
Yes, Fate had his own similar creatures. He even endured Spectre's rage and torture at half helm.

Appeared to fight fairly evenly with Spectre too...

Frankly, Dr. Fate is a good one vs one match for Strange.. Him being in this match up makes this a horribly lopsided fight.. (Although it's hard to really count out someone who resisted the damned Infinity Gauntlet.. But even Strange has his limits.)

tests
Originally posted by cdtm
Appeared to fight fairly evenly with Spectre too...

Frankly, Dr. Fate is a good one vs one match for Strange.. Him being in this match up makes this a horribly lopsided fight.. (Although it's hard to really count out someone who resisted the damned Infinity Gauntlet.. But even Strange has his limits.)

meh i sitll believe that with days of prep, strange takes this one even with fate in the line-up. However, it will be a lot closer..

tests
Could strange take the JLA(the one's stated in the beginning of the thread, and/or the one's with dr.fate) without prep?

omg_smilie

Kherani
JLA, with that much prep, Batman solos.

Blanket
If you think Strange could beat the JLA without prep, then you are a catamite.

tests
Originally posted by Blanket
If you think Strange could beat the JLA without prep, then you are a catamite.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.