Batman (Nolan franchise) Versus Big Daddy (Kick-Ass)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
So it's obvious who he's portraying, but how does Big Daddy stand up against the real Dark Knight?

Fight takes place in Frank's Lumber where Big Daddy slaughtered all those mooks, and half the lights are on the fritz, offering some darkness for them both to utilize.

Batman has his trademark gear, Big Daddy has his knife and a glock with 3 rounds in it. Who wins?

Darth Martin
Big Daddy wins.

Batman isn't bulletproof.

Rogue Jedi
But it's the ****in Batman!!!

NemeBro
Big Daddy was tanking bullets left and brutally killed the mobsters who were trying to open fire on him, Batman uses extensive stealth for a reason.

In a one on one fight, Big Daddy will probably just shoot him.

Dr Will Hatch
Batman wins, but this fight would be funny as hell regardless of the victor.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by NemeBro
Big Daddy was tanking bullets left and brutally killed the mobsters who were trying to open fire on him, Batman uses extensive stealth for a reason.

In a one on one fight, Big Daddy will probably just shoot him.

Thus the shadowy portion. I figure Bat's hides out in the shadows and gets BD to waste his rounds, then it's a matter of who's better hand to hand.

steverules_2
Batman, more experience and people seem to be forgetting that batman has gadgets, if batman had been tied up in that warehouse like Big daddy was he woulda been able to escape...hell he woulda never been caught. Batmans taking this, chances are he could just come down from the ceiling or something erm

Nightstick
Big Daddy was capable of stealth too. He managed to more or less appear in Franks Lumber in the middle of a group of thugs. So Baleman isn't going to out stealth him. Nor can Baleman out fight him. In other words Baleman goes down hard and fast. Probably to a bullet in the face.

Kazenji
Originally posted by XanatosForever
So it's obvious who he's portraying,

Cept when it comes to the comic version...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nightstick
Big Daddy was capable of stealth too. He managed to more or less appear in Franks Lumber in the middle of a group of thugs. So Baleman isn't going to out stealth him. Nor can Baleman out fight him. In other words Baleman goes down hard and fast. Probably to a bullet in the face. How good of a shot is Big Daddy?

WickedDynamite
Batsy runs him over with the Batmobile FTW!

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How good of a shot is Big Daddy?

Don't think he missed, granted, when he shot people, it was close and often right up in their face. He was like a murdering tank, mixing H2H, knives and small arms fire into one.

Also can snipe.

Rogue Jedi
So is he, in your opinion, a better than average marksman?

Robtard
So is he, in your opinion, a better than average marksman?

Like I said, don't think he missed what he was aiming for, but most of his gun-kills were up close and personal.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Big Daddy wins.

Batman isn't bulletproof.

His first suit is said to be bullet-proof to an extent.
BD needs to get up-close with his gun to make his bullets count, if Batman is using his first suit.

Robtard
Batman's been shot at before in either suit and by multiple gunmen, he seemed to do alright.

Rogue Jedi
Face.

NemeBro
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Thus the shadowy portion. I figure Bat's hides out in the shadows and gets BD to waste his rounds, then it's a matter of who's better hand to hand. Big Daddy stealthed his way in the Lumber warehouse, he is not bad in this department either.

NemeBro
Originally posted by steverules_2
Batman, more experience and people seem to be forgetting that batman has gadgets, if batman had been tied up in that warehouse like Big daddy was he woulda been able to escape...hell he woulda never been caught. Batmans taking this, chances are he could just come down from the ceiling or something erm Batman had trouble with dogs. no expression

As far as he knew his daughter just died, and then a large group of armed men rushed into the apartment. Batman would have done no better.

Alpha Centauri
Batman had "trouble" with dogs?

A dog appeared out of nowhere and sunk its teeth into him. It didn't give him a beatdown.

-AC

NemeBro
So is he, in your opinion, a better than average marksman? He sniped that gai pretty quickly and easily, Hit Girl remarking it was a good shot.

Also, would totally give Hit Girl the win over Batman too. no expression

Alpha Centauri
With all due respect and no DISRESPECT to RJ AT ALL, but he is just pretending to weigh up the combatants.

He decides Batman loses before he enters half the threads he's involved in. He hates Batman, always has.

You're talking to a man who, himself, thinks he could beat/kill Batman. He's specifically said this.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Hit Girl over Batman? Man I gotta see Kick ass.

Alpha Centauri
Now, he's gonna see it and I guarantee, he'll agree with you.

Fact. He's going to probably come away saying that the credits could beat Batman.

Again, I mean utterly and honestly NO offense to the man AT ALL. Straight up. That's what he's going to do, though. He looks for any excuse to put people over Batman.

-AC

Darth Martin
How good of a shot is Big Daddy? He's the Punisher except he has very impressive body armor(fully bullet proof), and moves with speed similar to that of the Watchmen characters.

Rogue Jedi
He's the Punisher except he has very impressive body armor(fully bullet proof), and moves with speed similar to that of the Watchmen characters. If this post is accurate, then he pwns Batman 10/10.

Darth Martin
The scene I'm referring looks like the film Wanted when Wesley goes on a killing spree.

Batman won't be able to stop him. He's dead.

Robtard
He was shot in the chest and shoulder, just happened to be where the heaviest bits of armor were. Considering his face and eyes are exposed, he certainly isn't "fully" bulletproof.

Watchmen crew weren't that fast in fighting, Veidt catching a bullet withstanding.

One thing of mention, Batman has taken out several armed goons himself; he did so without the use of lethal weapons. IMO, it's harder to face a gunman with batarangs and fist, than it is to face one with body-armor, knives and guns. Batman also has jumped into the middle of groups to do this.

Fight goes H2H, as it likely will, Batman breaks him in two.

Rogue Jedi
For the record, I said IF the post was accurate.

Alpha Centauri
Wait, Watchmen characters were fast? When?

How were they fast? Veidt was the fastest of all the characters and he was the only one exhibiting noteworthy speed. The rest just had very good fighting ability, like Batman. They didn't need to be fast because, like Batman, they know exactly where they need to be.

If this post is accurate, then he pwns Batman 10/10.

Called it.

Hasn't even seen the movie. See? You can't debate Batman with a dude who thinks HE would beat Batman. It's counter-productive.

I know you're saying "IF", to save yourself face and to make it look like you ever had doubt or fair and impartial judgement, but you and I both know for a fact that you are going to agree against Batman.

It's just as inevitable as the tides. NO disrespect here, but it's just how you are with Batman.

-AC

steverules_2
Batman had trouble with dogs. no expression

As far as he knew his daughter just died, and then a large group of armed men rushed into the apartment. Batman would have done no better.

Yeah so? Big Daddy had trouble with fire and yet batman was able to douse the flames on him whilst he had been drugged by scarecrows fear gas.

I think batman would have done waaay better since he never allows himself to be caught off guard by a group of guards. And besides it was big daddys fault for allowing his daughter to get involved, bats isn't stupid like big daddy...I mean he doesn't go to Rachel 'Hey Rach...Bruce here, yeah I was just wondering you wanna help me fight crime? Well its not like some mad man wearing clown make up is gonna oh I dunno...gonna blow you up or something...thats like a 1 in a billion chance haha such a joker you are Rach!' Where as BD was the opposite, there was every chance of his daughter getting hurt or getting shot no expression

Robtard
For the record, I said IF the post was accurate.

Kick-Ass is the "in" movie right now, so factor that in.

Remember when TDK came out and suddenly Joker threads were popping up. I remember one thread had Joker suddenly fighting a Batman's skill level.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
He was shot in the chest and shoulder, just happened to be where the heaviest bits of armor were. Considering his face and eyes are exposed, he certainly isn't "fully" bulletproof.

Watchmen crew weren't that fast in fighting, Veidt catching a bullet withstanding.

One thing of mention, Batman has taken out several armed goons himself; he did so without the use of lethal weapons. IMO, it's harder to face a gunman with batarangs and fist, than it is to face one with body-armor, knives and guns. Batman also has jumped into the middle of groups to do this.

Fight goes H2H, as it likely will, Batman breaks him in two. My memory may be shaky because the film didn't stick with me. The critics are overrating it.

He seemed to be alot faster than the thugs, overwhelmingly fast. Similar to how Dan and Laurie were to the thugs in the alleyway. He is a dead aim shot as I don't recall him missing. I meant he was fully bulletproof in those areas. Of course he isn't a Terminator. But my point was that Batman gets shot and feels it. Hell, it knocks him on his ass. Big Daddy didn't seem to feel anything. The armor was impressive.

Who do you think taught Hit Girl her martial arts skills?

Rogue Jedi
Kick-Ass is the "in" movie right now, so factor that in.

Remember when TDK came out and suddenly Joker threads were popping up. I remember one thread had Joker suddenly fighting a Batman's skill level. I hate going to the movies, I'll just wait for you to send it to me.

Robtard

I'd assume her father. Considering he didn't do anything similar to her on screen, it's pointless here.

As I said, he was more of a murdering tank, relying on his armor and lethal weapons to pull him through. Not fighting ability and cunning, which Batman excels at.

For the record, Hitgirl couldn't take out Batman either(this trhead will pop-out, I'd imagine), she was awesome at killing thugs with her guns and knives, but she got beat down by a so-so martial artist. Wayne took on scores of ninjas without breakinga sweat. She'd likely give him a better fight though, she was fast and agile.

Alpha Centauri
People are jizzing over Hit-Girl because she's young and still awesome.

Some kids are awesome at guitar for their age, better than a lot of adults. They're not better than the best adults, though.

Hit-Girl compared to Batman is like a child guitar prodigy Vs a load of journeymen guitarists and then Vs Steve Vai (Batman). It's just not going down.

My memory may be shaky because the film didn't stick with me. The critics are overrating it.

He seemed to be alot faster than the thugs, overwhelmingly fast. Similar to how Dan and Laurie were to the thugs in the alleyway. He is a dead aim shot as I don't recall him missing. I meant he was fully bulletproof in those areas. Of course he isn't a Terminator. But my point was that Batman gets shot and feels it. Hell, it knocks him on his ass. Big Daddy didn't seem to feel anything. The armor was impressive.

Why do people do this?

Batman isn't going to be fighting him with guns, so having bulletproof armour doesn't really matter.

Big Daddy has never had to shoot at Batman trying to evade him, and Batman has never had to dodge Big Daddy's shooting. You really can't compare what either of them did to thugs with what they could, or couldn't do to one another.

We don't know that because Big Daddy handled thugs, he could handle Batman, who we have established is way beyond thugs. Has Batman had to deal with someone like Big Daddy? No, so we can't say that he would indefinitely win either.

-AC

Darth Martin
SPOILER

I was going to bring that point up about Hit Girl. She pwned cannon fodder but went down suprisingly easily against the boss.

END SPOILER

Robtard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
We don't know that because Big Daddy handled thugs, he could handle Batman, who we have established is way beyond thugs. Has Batman had to deal with someone like Big Daddy? No, so we can't say that he would indefinitely win either.

-AC

Why you measure their individual feats and compare, otherwise 99% of these threads would be "we don't know" as the answer and that's no fun.

Darth Martin
1.Hit-Girl compared to Batman is like a child guitar prodigy Vs a load of journeymen guitarists and then Vs Steve Vai (Batman). It's just not going down.
2.Batman isn't going to be fighting him with guns, so having bulletproof armour doesn't really matter.
3.Big Daddy has never had to shoot at Batman trying to evade him, and Batman has never had to dodge Big Daddy's shooting. You really can't compare what either of them did to thugs with what they could, or couldn't do to one another.

1.Wrong. She, for one, kills her enemies......quite brutally too if I might add. She is adept with any weapon Batman is. She effectively employed firearms, knives, staffs, explosives, and nightvision. She was shown to be an adept in-combat strategist. She was atleast as good as Wesley Gibson with guns(bullet bending aside). Hell, she even employed stealth better than anytime Batman did onscreen. She also jumped farther than Batman could have hoped to.
2.Where exactly did I say it mattered?
3.Try this: compare Batman storming Lau's building in Hong Kong to Big Daddy's massacre of the thugs in that warehouse. IIRC, Big Daddy was moving quite faster.

None of which Batman should be ashamed for. Kick Ass' action involving Big Daddy and Hit Girl was more similar to Wanted and Watchmen, not the recent Batman pictures. It wasn't a down-to-earth realistic film. Neither were the abilities of Big Daddy and Hit Girl.

Robtard
Except you're willfully ignoring the skill level it takes to conquer your opponent by just shooting them, versus taking them out in a non-lethal fashion.

Where was she an "adept combat stragetist"? Storming a place and killing anyone see saw certainly wasn't it.

Better stealth than Batman how?

Alpha Centauri
1.Wrong. She, for one, kills her enemies......quite brutally too if I might add. She is adept with any weapon Batman is. She effectively employed firearms, knives, staffs, explosives, and nightvision. She was shown to be an adept in-combat strategist. She was atleast as good as Wesley Gibson with guns(bullet bending aside). Hell, she even employed stealth better than anytime Batman did onscreen. She also jumped farther than Batman could have hoped to.
2.Where exactly did I say it mattered?
3.Try this: compare Batman storming Lau's building in Hong Kong to Big Daddy's massacre of the thugs in that warehouse. IIRC, Big Daddy was moving quite faster.

None of which Batman should be ashamed for. Kick Ass' action involving Big Daddy and Hit Girl was more similar to Wanted and Watchmen, not the recent Batman pictures. It wasn't a down-to-earth realistic film. Neither were the abilities of Big Daddy and Hit Girl.

1. You're being suckered by the surprise package syndrome. If she was a grown male, you'd never be hyping her as much. Yes, and she used all that against fodder. When confronted with a real fighter, what happened? What is Batman? Fodder or a real fighter?

2. Where did I say you did?

3. As Robtard said, anyone can shoot people. It actuallyt takes far more skill to kill people or take them out WITH stealth, non-lethally.

Most scenes like Hit-Girl's involve pseudo-stealth. Stealth up until the first kill and then everything's a gunfight of Main Character Vs Fodder.

Batman actually takes out whole groups, often without the other thugs knowing anything has happened.

-AC

Prime#
I think Bats stands a better chance in this fight if he had his Begins suit for more durability. Although TDK suit makes him a lot faster/stealthier, I don't think that counts for that much against Big Daddy who seemed about as fast as him. Plus TDK suit got (briefly) overtaken by dogs. I don't see that happening to Big Daddy.

Alpha Centauri
If I remember, the dogs thing was more down to a design flaw in the armour, which he then altered.

I don't think it was a matter of the dogs biting through the suit.

If it can stop a knife and anything but direct bullets, why would dogs pierce the actual armour?

-AC

Darth Martin
I'm not ignoring anything. I said compare the speeds at which they were moving in each of there respective scenes. Big Daddy is faster. Batman isn't all that fast. Bourne is better.

MAJOR SPOILER
MAJOR SPOILER
MAJOR SPOILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHwsrYlDHE

END SPOILER

This will be the last time I warn of a spoiler. If you haven't seen the film and don't want to be exposed to something you feel will ruin the film you shouldn't be in here.

Robtard
Originally posted by Prime#
I think Bats stands a better chance in this fight if he had his Begins suit for more durability. Although TDK suit makes him a lot faster/stealthier, I don't think that counts for that much against Big Daddy who seemed about as fast as him. Plus TDK suit got (briefly) overtaken by dogs. I don't see that happening to Big Daddy.

Considering Batman relies on avoiding bullets instead of standing there and letting his armor deflect them, not sure that's a plus towards Big Daddy in this fight, considering he mainly kills with guns.

Alpha Centauri
Oh please, man.

Most of that is jump cuts, not speed. It's the style of filming, not the man. He's essentially just walking around the warehouse while fodder-in-suits shoot at his body armour.

All of those men and not one of them had the sense to go for a headshot, and don't act like they couldn't have because there was plenty of opportunity to.

Additionally, those weren't hard shots to make. They were all close to him.

-AC

Robtard
I'm not ignoring anything. I said compare the speeds at which they were moving in each of there respective scenes. Big Daddy is faster. Batman isn't all that fast. Bourne is better.

MAJOR SPOILER
MAJOR SPOILER
MAJOR SPOILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHwsrYlDHE

END SPOILER

This will be the last time I warn of a spoiler. If you haven't seen the film and don't want to be exposed to something you feel will ruin the film you shouldn't be in here.

Faster because the camera is speed up for a second during each attack. (Great scene though)

Even then, that wasn't all that much faster than the fight in Begins at the docks when Batman jumps into the middle of a group of armed thugs. Or in TDK, when he's in the nightclub.

edit: AC addressed the camera-magic above.

Alpha Centauri
Furthermore, the blonde that he grabs has enough time to get up close, raise his gun and fire a point blank shot. Why does he fire into his chest where he has been, clearly, resisting the bullets?

He could have got a headshot in.

Either way, that scene doesn't prove anything.

-AC

NemeBro
Admittedly, Big Daddy is not as fast in that clip as I remember it.

Also, cannot remember much of Begins, was Batman more impressive in it than TDK?

Robtard
Batman already took out a few gun-sporting Batman wannabe's in the beginning of TDK, so this fight technically already happened.

Batman 1 Batman Wannabe's 0 /end thread

NemeBro
Hey nao, they were out of shape and not aiming to fight Batman dood.

Darth Martin
Fair enough. Some of that speed is him though. Not all of it is "jump cuts". Check his strength when he kicks and throws them. He hits harder than Batman.

Also, cannot remember much of Begins, was Batman more impressive in it than TDK? No. In that particular scene he was rediculously fast though.

Batman already took out a few gun-sporting Batman wannabe's in the beginning of TDK, so this fight technically already happened. Batman 1 Batman Wannabe's 0 /end thread Your placing Big Daddy on par with the fake Batmen?

Robtard
Was humor.

Darth Martin
I wonder if they had any actual sucess in Gotham. Did they delay any significant crimes and whatnot?

Demonic Phoenix
Admittedly, Big Daddy is not as fast in that clip as I remember it.

Also, cannot remember much of Begins, was Batman more impressive in it than TDK?

Better in Dark Knight IMO. His skirmish with the SWAT team & Joker's henchmen in a skyscraper was probably better than his fights in Batman Begins.

Fair enough. Some of that speed is him though. Not all of it is "jump cuts". Check his strength when he kicks and throws them. He hits harder than Batman.

No. In that particular scene he was rediculously fast though.

Your placing Big Daddy on par with the fake Batmen?

Higher strength isn't always necessary to take down someone in a CQC fight, which Batman has the advantage in IMO.

Also, while Nolan-Batman may not be as intelligent as Batman is in the comics, he can fight smartly.

Nephthys
Its gonna be hard for BD to shot Batman when he only has 3 bullets (as said in the OP) given Batmans expertise in the area of not getting shot. Then again, fist versus knife if definately in knifes favour unless Bats gets creative with the batarang gauntlets.

Rogue Jedi
Was humor. That what your wife said after your performance in the sack last night?

Alpha Centauri

He doesn't exhibit anything to suggest he's as much ahead of Batman regarding speed as you would have us believe. Not in the least.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
If I remember, the dogs thing was more down to a design flaw in the armour, which he then altered.

I don't think it was a matter of the dogs biting through the suit.

If it can stop a knife and anything but direct bullets, why would dogs pierce the actual armour?

-AC Rabies.

Darth Martin
He doesn't exhibit anything to suggest he's as much ahead of Batman regarding speed as you would have us believe. Not in the least. He's faster. The video proves this.

QuakeBlood
Bump

Inhuman
Big Daddy wins

TheVaultDweller
Damn, another 5+ year necro. laughing

Anyway, going with Big Daddy here.

tkitna
Originally posted by Inhuman
Big Daddy wins

This

FrothByte
There aren't many 1 on 1 match ups against cbm characters that Baleman can win against. He loses here as well.

QuakeBlood
up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.