Ultramarines - W40K CGI Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Exactly what the title says.

Site: http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/

Cast: Terence Stamp, Sean Pertwee et al.

and yes, i know we have an animation/cgi forum. Just have more 40k (which IS sci fi) fans on here, so thought this was best.

Sorry if there's a thread for this already, i did do a search.

Ms.Marvel
ultramarines always get all the attention... (besides the video games blood ravens)

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
ultramarines always get all the attention... (besides the video games blood ravens) It's true, they do. Do want a Dark Angels movie. Still, an Ultramarines movie opens up the possibility of Tyranids, and I looovve Tyranids. Unfortunately a movie probably wouldn't do the scuttling, planet devouring bastards proper justice.

Still, will keep tabs on this. I am a 40k junkie.

-Pr-
I don't see why the Ultras wouldn't be the focus of the movie. Sure, they're the most famous Chapter, but i think they're also the most likeable too.

Endless Mike
I wonder if Uriel Ventris will be in it

Shey Tapani
Not too familiar with the universe but still intrested.

Is this going to fit into canon?

Samurai100
aand now we have a teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiGXKmRY4w&feature=related

Samurai100
Imperial fists confirmed

-Pr-
Originally posted by Samurai100
Imperial fists confirmed

really? eek!

they're my favourite chapter! awesome.

Samurai100
heres the link http://ultramarinesthemovieblog.com/blog/2010-07-12/brothers-arms

-Pr-
^ sweet. yes

Trailer is up:

QOXz10znAKc

Endless Mike
I'm not very impressed with the CGI for the spaceships. It looks like something that the Freespace SCP engine could render in gameplay.

dadudemon
I'll prolly watch it...

Looks interesting enough to watch on a Satuday afternoon.

RE: Blaxican
Looks lame as hell, lol. Perhaps I just didn't notice, but, it seems like they went out of their way to hide who the enemy was. I really hope it's not just orcz as usual.

Robtard
Looks meh. But I'm curious about the Warhammer 40K mythos, so I'll check it out.

-Pr-
I'm sure the Orks will be in it, but i'd be surprised if they were the only enemy. It's written by Dan Abnett, and he knows good w40k.

Originally posted by Robtard
Looks meh. But I'm curious about the Warhammer 40K mythos, so I'll check it out.

the mythos is awesome. were it something other than a tabletop game, i'd bet it would be much more successful.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-

the mythos is awesome. were it something other than a tabletop game, i'd bet it would be much more successful.

For the video games side of things there is that Third Person/RPG game coming.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji

yeah, space marine. plus the always good dawn of war series is still going strong (which is what got me in to 40k in the first place).

that and there's an MMO coming out too. can't wait.

ares834
Hmm... Looks intresting. So is this coming out in theaters or is it going to be direct to DVD?

The reason I ask is because it seems to be very low quality CGI.

Shey Tapani
It does not look that good.

-Pr-
I'm honestly not that bothered if the animation isn't the best thing ever. It's a Games Workshop 40k movie, and we finally get to see the races in action on a screen in a non video game way. I can't wait.

-Pr-
New trailer:

6vF_VLZotWc

Release date: November 29th.

There's something about it that just... really rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. Doesn't look too good though, imo.

-Pr-
honestly i was a bit worried at first, but after seeing the new trailer i'm pretty excited for it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji

Awesome awesome awesome!

I hope it's like a cross between the Fable series and the Fallout III and New Vegas style. (Meaning, you can plan sim city, of sorts, there are tons of side quests, and the main quest is huge...with lots of "battle" action.) The weapons' fights could be quite awesome, if it as I imagine it to be.

New trailer:

6vF_VLZotWc

Release date: November 29th.

The new trailer does make it look like I expected it to be: a movie to watch on a boring Saturday Afternoon. I guess some people call those "popcorn flicks"? Certainly will be entertaining...but not really high quality in acting and animation.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Awesome awesome awesome!

I hope it's like a cross between the Fable series and the Fallout III and New Vegas style. (Meaning, you can plan sim city, of sorts, there are tons of side quests, and the main quest is huge...with lots of "battle" action.) The weapons' fights could be quite awesome, if it as I imagine it to be.

It's going to be more like Devil May Cry/God of War, etc.

Here's the trailer

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Here's the trailer

At 00:42, dude has a bullet lodged in his head. Lolz.

Samurai100
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm... Looks intresting. So is this coming out in theaters or is it going to be direct to DVD?

The reason I ask is because it seems to be very low quality CGI.
dvd I think

D_Dude1210
A bit disappointed with the animation. Still planning on buying it, tho. As I'm pretty into WH40k myself.

Anyone here planning to play the MMO (that is, if it doesn't suck balls like the Warhammer one did)? big grin

ares834
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Here's the trailer
Ha. The narrator sounds like Darth Sion.

Robtard
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Anyone here planning to play the MMO (that is, if it doesn't suck balls like the Warhammer one did)? big grin

I'm looking forward to it, will be my first venture into Warhammer anything.

Robtard
Was released on Dec 13th in the UK, anyone see this yet?

-Pr-
Was released on Dec 13th in the UK, anyone see this yet?

supposedly there's distribution problems. which sucks.

Robtard
Balls, can't you Brits get anything right?

-Pr-
Balls, can't you Brits get anything right?

I wouldn't know, I'm not british. uhuh

dadudemon
I wouldn't know, I'm not british. uhuh

Meh, depends: Civil definition, you're British.

Ethnically, you're Scottish.

Ethnically, I'm part English...but I don't consider it near enough to be called an "Englishman."

So, you're both right.

DDM: 2 million and 1. Not DDM: 0.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon
Meh, depends: Civil definition, you're British.

Ethnically, you're Scottish.

Ethnically, I'm part English...but I don't consider it near enough to be called an "Englishman."

So, you're both right.

I'm Irish.

Also, just watched this: Have to say I liked it. Faithful to the mythos, good story, and some pleasingly brutal action.

Robtard
I'm Irish.

Also, just watched this: Have to say I liked it. Faithful to the mythos, good story, and some pleasingly brutal action.

I'm sorry.

Great, look forward to seeing it, if I can get my hands on it.

-Pr-
I'm sorry.

Great, look forward to seeing it, if I can get my hands on it.

lol.

the only thing i will say is that the cgi isn't top of the line. it does the job well, and the action is fluid enough, but don't go expecting resident evil degeneration or advent children quality stuff. i still enjoyed the movie regardless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.