Marvel vs Capcom 3 confirmed + trailer zomg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
http://www.newsarama.com/games/Marvel-Capcom-3-Official-100420.html

Spring 2011! Now I can die fulfilled when the world ends in 2012. eek!

jalek moye
Iron Fist better be in this one

JakeTheBank
....this is awesome.

steverules_2
So gonna buy this when it comes out...a little dissapointed its not gonna be like the original graphics but still sooooo excited and so glad they are making a third, they listened to the people cool

jalek moye
Originally posted by steverules_2
So gonna buy this when it comes out...a little dissapointed its not gonna be like the original graphics but still sooooo excited and so glad they are making a third, they listened to the people cool

I seem to be one of the few that prefer these graphics over the 2d sprites

steverules_2
I liked the original 2D sprites, but graphics aren't what make a game so its not something thats really gonna put me off

The Nuul
TY Capcom for listing to the fans. IW, can kiss my ass!

steverules_2
What or who is IW?

But yeah I like how they said that the fans demands have been met, this looks like its gonna be awesome

Ptr_Grifin
HELL YES!!!

BlackZero30x
looks like they took the 3d feel from Marvel Nemesis.....only better.....

BruceSkywalker
i'll buy...

Originally posted by jalek moye
Iron Fist better be in this one

QFT

ankur29
I seem to be one of the few that prefer these graphics over the 2d sprites

agreed

the new graphics look really good

steverules_2
I wanna see deadpool in this smile

Blanket
CHRIIIIISSSSSSS!!!

I hope Wesker is in this too.

Ptr_Grifin

Judging by one of the promo pics there is a sihloutte that resembles him.

jalek moye

with his current exposure theres no way he wouldnt be

steverules_2
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Judging by one of the promo pics there is a sihloutte that resembles him.

Link?

Scythe
Link?

It's from the video, in the beginning where it says Capcom and Marvel. There's sihloutte of four people before the video starts.

bbrem123
ooo shittttt!!!!...my life is complete now

steverules_2
Originally posted by Scythe
It's from the video, in the beginning where it says Capcom and Marvel. There's sihloutte of four people before the video starts.

Oh yeah, does look like deadpool...think it is him tbh smile I look forward to a trailer of spiderman fighting someone whilst web swinging around

Scythe
Oh yeah, does look like deadpool...think it is him tbh smile I look forward to a trailer of spiderman fighting someone whilst web swinging around

I think so too, haha, watch it be Ronin, fffffffffuuuuuuu-

Yeah, I was surprised Spidey wasn't the first one seen in the vid, since he's Marvel's poster boy.

steverules_2
Wasn't surprised to see wolverine...marvels cash cow, he's in sooooo many comics..soon we'll begin to see him in DC 'Holy snookerballs batman, there's a drunk hairy man over there with claws and he's trying to feel up catwoman!!' Of course he'll then go on to beat superman shifty

Warlord
I want daredevil in

Ptr_Grifin
Link?

This is an image someone else scribbled on:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/1271794095248.jpg

JakeTheBank
Two words: FINAL JUSTICE

jalek moye
Originally posted by Scythe
I think so too, haha, watch it be Ronin, fffffffffuuuuuuu-

Yeah, I was surprised Spidey wasn't the first one seen in the vid, since he's Marvel's poster boy.

while that is true, wolverine more fights what they are trying to advertise then spidey does.

Juntai
The graphics in that trailer are not going to be the graphics in the game. I imagine it'll run on the same engine that Street Fighter 4 is on. Just as that original trailer looked nothing like the game. I don't see them building an entirely new engine when they just built one and are tweaking it for SSF4.

edit.
I just noticed Ryu throwing the fireball at the end of the trailer after the credits where I didn't see it before. That might be what you guys were talking about.
Those graphics are nice, SF4 had incredible graphics.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Juntai

edit.
I just noticed Ryu throwing the fireball at the end of the trailer after the credits where I didn't see it before. That might be what you guys were talking about.
Those graphics are nice, SF4 had incredible graphics.

yea those are the graphics we are talking about. the old 2d sprites vs the SF4 style

BlackZero30x
OMG i think your right that is dante....dante and deadpool in one game....im getting this for sure

kgkg
From the interview I watched there will be around 30 characters and they are only going to pick the most popular and relevant characters.

So if your character is not known at all chances are It won't make the cut.

This is sucks when MVC 2 had like over 50 characters.

I guess is it will be very similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom which is was a great game.

Hopefully it's balanced and fun.

Blanket
Sounded like that's all they had for sure now. Probably going to add more. In IGN they said something about rivaling MC2's character selection.

Hopefully it doesn't resort to DLC...

kgkg
Originally posted by Blanket
Sounded like that's all they had for sure now. Probably going to add more. In IGN they said something about rivaling MC2's character selection.

Hopefully it doesn't resort to DLC... Do you have the link to where it said that MC3 will rival MC2's character selection?

Blanket
Originally posted by kgkg
Do you have the link to where it said that MC3 will rival MC2's character selection?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084617p1.html

In its current state of production there are around 30 combatants in the game including Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan, Ryu, and newcomer Chris Redfield of Resident Evil fame. Based on the new trailer, it also seems like Dr. Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, Captain America and Chun-Li could also be in the game. Capcom is still hard at work trying to squeeze in as many characters as possible before the tentative ship date, so there's no word yet on what the final total might be and whether it'll rival the over 50 playable fighters in MvC2. Expect a number of characters to return along with others who have yet to appear in the franchise.

JakeTheBank
From Marvel.com:

"At this point, there are roughly 30 characters in the game, but that number will increase," says Wes Phillips, Associate PR Manager for Capcom. "You can rest assured that Niitsuma-san and his team will be working hard to include as many characters as possible before the game hits next year."

King Kandy
They better include Thor this time.

Blanket
Originally posted by King Kandy
They better include Thor this time. At this stage in time, you should be expecting Thor. Sentry too for that matter.

Ptr_Grifin
The fan made Thor was awesome. I'd hope they could do at least as well as that one.

Priest
I'm pretty excited for this!
At this stage in time, you should be expecting Thor. Sentry too for that matter.
I hope so, Thor should of been in the last imo. It would be interesting playing with sentry, I wonder what kind of power-set he would have since his power-set is not consistent.
As far as bosses go, it would be cool to see the Void as a boss.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, the fanmade Thor was awesome. His "Warriors of Asgard" ultra combo was the shit. Summoning the Warriors Three and Beta Ray Bill to lay the smackdown? Epic!

Priest
Man, I hope they make Cable look cooler!!

King Kandy
At this stage in time, you should be expecting Thor. Sentry too for that matter.
I'm astounded Thor wasn't in MvC2, since they managed to find room for such "all-stars" as Blackheart, Spiral and Shuma-Gorath who 99% of the population probably couldn't identify...

Ptr_Grifin
I'm astounded Thor wasn't in MvC2, since they managed to find room for such "all-stars" as Blackheart, Spiral and Shuma-Gorath who 99% of the population probably couldn't identify...

I honestly think that they picked some characters because they may have thought they looked cool.

steverules_2
I think they picked wolverine because of many reasons, cool being one of them...

JakeTheBank

Not to mention they had the sprites for him already as he was a "character assist" in MvC1.

steverules_2
Yup, remember that...but they aren't using sprites this time around sad

Blight
The same guy who leaked the Super Street Fighter IV roster said these are the characters

Marvel
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
She Hulk
Doctor Doom
Mister Fantastic
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Emma Frost
Magneto
Juggernaut
Wolverine
X-23
Deadpool
Elektra
Shuma-Gorath

Capcom
Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Mike Haggar
Spencer (Bionic Commando)
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia
Arthur (Ghouls and Ghosts)
Frank West
Chris
Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Zero
Tron Bonne

Blight
Double Post:

By the way... that shadowy figure in the background that you think looks like Ghostrider looks a lot more like Dormammu... just FYI.

Not to mention if Shuma Gorath is in this.... and they have character specific endings... Dr. Strange can't be far off.... and who is Dr. Strange's greatest enemy?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Blight
Not to mention if Shuma Gorath is in this.... and they have character specific endings... Dr. Strange can't be far off.... and who is Dr. Strange's greatest enemy?
Um, Shuma Gorath himself?

jalek moye
The same guy who leaked the Super Street Fighter IV roster said these are the characters

Marvel
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
She Hulk
Doctor Doom
Mister Fantastic
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Emma Frost
Magneto
Juggernaut
Wolverine
X-23
Deadpool
Elektra
Shuma-Gorath

Capcom
Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Mike Haggar
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia
Frank West
Chris
Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Zero
Tron Bonne

Capcom said the fantastic four didnt make the cut. So mr Fantastic isn't in it currently

Gecko4lif
Taskmaster.... X-23

But no iron fist...

**** THIS GAME

Blanket
http://i45.tinypic.com/335ds9h.jpg

JakeTheBank
FINAL JUSTICE

Warlord
PROTON CANNON (just for the fun of it)

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Taskmaster.... X-23

But no iron fist...

**** THIS GAME

This is Capcom just wait another 6 months for Marvel vs Capcom 3: Super Turbo Edition, featuring all characters they should have put in the original version. Also be on the look out for paid DLC for colour costume variants.

cool

srankmissingnin
New Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-marvel-vs/101063

psycho gundam
looks a lot more like Dormammu... just FYI. either dormammu or zom strange (if it's a marvel guy, but then again the bosses mostly are)

bbrem123
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-dormammu-confirmed-for-marvel-vs-capcom-3-176723.phtml

looks like dormammu is the final boss or something...oooooo i hope he is playable

bbrem123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VMvbKVYYs

gameplay....hahah deadpool know he is in the game haha

Sr J-Bieb
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1107519p1.html

4 new character footage.

Tha C-Master
Hopefully it is *much* better balanced than last time.
while that is true, wolverine more fights what they are trying to advertise then spidey does.
Meh I don't think so, this game is more zany and over the top than a "serious" fighter.

Oh and that "Ghostrider" looks a lot like Akuma IMO. Actually now that I see the larger version of it, I'm not sure.

Konton

Marvel
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
She Hulk
Doctor Doom
Mister Fantastic
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Emma Frost
Magneto
Juggernaut
Wolverine
X-23
Deadpool
Elektra
Shuma-Gorath

Capcom
Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Mike Haggar
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia
Frank West
Chris
Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Zero
Tron Bonne

List is wrong.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8429873

32:50 confirms Emma Frost will not be playable.

bbrem123
im hearing sliver surfer is in MvC3 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....oooo i hope it is real
http://vsfanblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/silver-surfer-leaked-for-mvc3/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.