Bardock's Losing Weight Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
As many of you know I am very overweight. Dangerously so, in fact. I'd wager I am the biggest guy on here anyway. However that is not particularly healthy and many things that should be easy are hard for me to do or at least uncomfortable in many ways. I've been overweight for at least 13 years and have tried multiple diets and sports, but so far nothing has ever worked, mostly because I lacked motivation. Now I have high blood pressure and a thyroid issue which requires me to take medication, likely for the rest of my life. Anyway, I need to lose weight, and hope that keeping track of it publicly will motivate me enough to finally stick with it and lose the weight.

So that's what I'll do here, I'll write about what I eat, how I exercised and my current stats, and you can all cherish this experience with me!!!

I plan on updating every evening. Mostly about what I ate that day and what sport I did. And usually update my weight/BMI once a week. Perhaps after a while I will also add measurements and pictures, but not now cause a) it's embarrassing enough and b) who wants to see that anyway.

So yeah, fair warning, that's what's gonna happen here, if you don't like talking about fat people or diets or me (yeah right) you'll probably not like this thread.

Starting Weight: 198.7 kg
Starting BMI: 49.7

Robtard
God-speed in shedding the blubber, friend.

Do you have someone helping/advising you with your eating and exercise plans?

Tired-Hiker
**** yeah!!! I'm here to support you! Might even try to seriously lose a few myself. Good luck to you, and stay focussed!!!!!

Mairuzu
Have sarah run around with food while you chase her. Make sure you lift weights.

Halve what you eat?

Robtard
Better if she denies him sex.

Sarah, only give Marius some for each 10 pounds he loses. Anal at each 50 pound mark.

§P0oONY
You're over 31 stone? lookaround

Bardock42

dadudemon
Good luck. I'm supposed to "get a six-pack" before June first. PFFFFT! Like that will happen.

My main problem is having school and work. I've started doing situps and pushups at work, because I'm getting so pissed at how out of shape I'm getting (as far as getting winded.)

Definitely keep working hard and stay motivated. It's REALLY nice when you see the difference in the mirror, for the first time. THAT will be your motivation.

§P0oONY
A stone is 14lb and roughly 6.35kg.

no expression

Don't think you have any right to even attempt to be a smart arse amymore. no2

Bardock42

Ax3l
You could get diabetes and lose 50 lbs 3 and a half months like I did

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ax3l
You could get diabetes and lose 50 lbs 3 and a half months like I did

Nah, thanks for offering, I'm good for now though. Maybe later.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bardock42
I know that, I lived in England and my girlfriend is English, I was poking fun at what might just be the worst measure for weight ever. I think you should be the last person to make fun of a weight system which provides a smaller number.

You can call it stupid if you wish but it works very well. We also know our weights in Kilogram so we have the best of both worlds.

Ax3l
Pussy.

Robtard

No one specific. I think I know what I have to do though, so far I just lacked the discipline.

Discipline is key, but people often get depressed and turned off such endeavors because they're ignorant (not an insult) on how to tackle such a task and the results don't come as they imagined it would.

I could help you a bit, as could DDM or that buff Australian cat, forget his name. I'm sure there's others in here that have great knowledge when it comes to nutrition and exercise. Don't be shy in sending PMs if you get stuck along the way.

If negative-reinforcement is what works for you, I'll be happy to insult you along your way to a healthier lifestyle.

Mairuzu
Don't make us bump this thread 2 years down the road to laugh at you. Please.

Bardock42

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Don't make us bump this thread 2 years down the road to laugh at you. Please. That's exactly what I was thinking, don't want that hovering over my head, so I better get it going.

§P0oONY

Robtard

Thanks for offering, I'll take you up on it if I get stuck. And I've talked some with dadudemon about excercise before.

Considering your BMI, I'd start with long walks, going up and down some stairs and other fairly low-impact exercises. Don't want to pull something and then have to be out for some time.

Most of your early wight lose will be from eating less and eating right. Don't make the error of completely cutting yourself off from foods you love, as you'll likely just splurge later, as old habitss are hard to break. EG, if you love ice-cream like me, still allow yourself to have some, just not often and have only one very small portion at a time.

BackFire
Good luck you German anal prostitute.

I'm also trying to lose weight. I recently just got an elliptical that I've been doing several times a week. So we can be online exercise buddies (as well as butt buddies).

One thing that seems to work for me, drink a lot of water. Drink water when you are feeling hungry, it may lower your appetite a bit. I now realize that sometimes I would eat thinking that I was hungry, when in reality I was simply thirsty. You probably already know this, but worth saying anyways.

Bardock42

§P0oONY

dadudemon

§P0oONY
Originally posted by dadudemon
Glad that's out of the way... Happy Dance

BTW, my mass is almost exactly 100KG and I am almost exactly 176.5cm in height. And I'm 5'9" weighing 11 stone 2. happy

BackFire
I'm 6'4" and weigh 280lbs

Sancty
Glad that's out of the way... Happy Dance

BTW, my mass is almost exactly 100KG and I am almost exactly 176.5cm in height.
Same height dur w00t and I weigh a tiny bit more than half that O__O

Bardock42

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm 6'4" and weigh 280lbs

I imagined you were short and fat, you're a rapist of the large variety.

Good thing for you, you don;t necessarily have to lose a mass amount of weight, you could drop 40-50, but lower your BMI.

§P0oONY
It's more that conversion isn't used due to the fact that the imperial system isn't used for anything that needs to be precise. An increase of figures to provide a greater accuracy is what we use the metric system for.

I just find a lot of them to be nice measurements... If you want to talk about a size less than a a metre you can just say "a foot" or "a couple of feet" as well as "half a metre". Same with weights and all imperisal values, it's just more measurements you can throw into general conversation.

Robtard
Anyone thing it's just a coincidence Bardock42 decides to better his health on Hitler's birthday?

Mairuzu
Or on the day you're suppose to get high and eat everything.

BackFire
Originally posted by Robtard
I imagined you were short and fat, you're a rapist of the large variety.

Good thing for you, you don;t necessarily have to lose a mass amount of weight, you could drop 40-50, but lower your BMI.

Yeah I'd like to get to around 220 or so.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sancty
Same height dur w00t and I weigh a tiny bit more than half that O__O

You skinny skinny lady. You need to add weight. How do you even stay anchored to the ground when you fart?

Robtard
You skinny skinny lady. You need to add weight. How do you even stay anchored to the ground when you fart?

As my 5-year old daughter says, "girls don't fart, only boys do."

Rogue Jedi
Losing weight can be easy. I still eat unhealthy and fattening foods for my meals, but for my between meal snacks, I cut out potato chips, cookies, etc; I usually eat fruit, or a bowl of raisin bran. I was 250ish a coupla months ago, down to 231 now. Pretty soon I am gonna work on my meals, get down to 190-200.

Sancty
bangin

I would like to gain some weight, but it rarely changes ja. Went up to like 120lbs last year dunno how hmm

Mairuzu
Isn't that when you got with bardock.

Bardock42
Isn't that when you got with bardock.

We've been together for 3 years and 3 months.

Sancty
It's hard to eat here, German food is disgusting uhuh

..I guess not to some people mmm

Impediment
198.7 kilograms = 438.058515 pounds

Is my math right?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
198.7 kilograms = 438.058515 pounds

Is my math right?
Yeah.

Impediment
All best best to your endeavors, sir. I hope that you do well in your quest to conquer anorexia!

Bardock42
Tuesday 04/21/10

Only got up at 13:30 today, after only a few hours of sleep, so it's not really a full day however this is what I ate:

16.00 40cal 1 Schrimp
17.00 650cal Ham Sandwich
21.30 790cal Turkey Meal
23:30 235cal Blueberry Yoghurt

Which is a total of 1715cal, which is good, could even be a bit more.

Additionally I did a 15 Minute Workout, 5 more than yesterday the first time I even tried it. I did some running and some weights, but it was exhausting. I plan to increase it daily, probably by 5 minutes until I reach 30 minutes where I might stay for a bit and then further to one hour a day, which would fit reasonably well into my schedule.

So, today I would give a Success rating.

Tomorrow will be harder as I will be on the road most of the day going to an Expo...but I hope I can keep track of my food anyways and squeeze in a 20 minute workout.

§P0oONY
I'm not seeing a greatly balanced diet there today. Any green vegetables or fruit?

Dieting isn't simply about eating less, infact cutting down food supplies quickly will make you less likely to crack a healthy excersise routine. White meat, salad, wholegrain bread... These are all your freinds. You should aim for low fat yougart too.

Robtard
Seems he's going high protein, to burn a lot of fat, which he needs to do.

Amazing Vrayo!!
5'10" ; 170 lbs

177.8 cm; 77.2 kg

Don't know BMI but I'd love to lose some weight with ya bardock. big grin

§P0oONY
Seems he's going high protein, to burn a lot of fat, which he needs to do. Which would work but I'm assuming his Ham sandwich had bread and his turkey dinner had some form of carbohydrate. High protein only works if you kick out carbohydrates.

Plus it's a foolish diet, soon as you start eating carbohydrates again you balloon.

Bardock42
Well, they are just names I've given to what I ate. The sandwhich had cucumber and tomato in it and the turkey also had sides of tomato.

This is exactly what I ate today:

Ham Sandwhich

100g/2pc Whole Grain Toast 285cal
20g Mayonaise 151cal (755)
50g Ham 64cal (130)
40g Cheese 132cal (329)
40g Tomato 10cal (20)
40g Cucumber 5cal (15)

250g Blueberry Yoghurt 235cal (94)

Turkey with Rice: 790

100g Brown Rice 350cal
130g Turkey 200cal (150)
75g Sour Cream 85cal (113)
50ml Milk 40cal (80)
30g 1/2 Tomato 25cal
10g Rape Oil 90cal (891)

But you are right, I am planning to include some more vegetable and fruit in the future, likely as snack and sides for dinner.

What I'm trying to do is change my diet in a way that's sustainable and that I still like. It's not so much a strict diet like you'd see in women's magazines, rather an attempt to eat less and healthier.

LanceWindu
I'll join in the weight loss "fun" too. When you have support and people who are in the same boat as you, it makes it easier.

Height: 6'4" (193 cm)
Weight: 235 lbs (106.59 kg)
BMI: 28.6

The weight is a guess at the moment, it's been a couple months since I last weighed in.

In February of last year I was 275 lbs, and my highest weight was 295 lbs.

Bardock42

§P0oONY
Some tips I'd suggest:

Do away with mayonaise,
Used skimmed milk (only a little change but every little helps),
Instead of your yougart buy low fat greek yogurt and add your own fruit. (Most premade yogurts have added sugar and what not, it'll probalby save you money too)

Robtard

Bardock42

Robtard
Yeah, those yogurts sometimes have more sugar than a can of Coke. That's a good tip.

I have low-fat cottage-cheese most mornings, mixed with dried fruits, raw walnuts and flax seed. Will have to look into this Greek yogurt.

§P0oONY
Not really, high protein and low carb still works and it's healthier than that unhealthy (imo) Atkins diet, which is all protein. But if you need to drop fast, guess it's the way to go

Not if done right, moderation is key. High protein diets are reccomended if you want to build body mass, for sports and body building. It really isn;t recommended for weight loss as it really isn't very good for the heart. Moderation is the key, not just to carbohydrates but to everything, it's keeping a balanced and healthy diet without starving yourself.

LanceWindu
Oh yeah, I'm switching to skimmed milk, I'm just using up the last liter I have right now. The yoghurt thing is a good idea, I will probably do that. And I know I should do away with the mayonaise, but it just doesn't taste so good, and I think it's okay in moderation. I aim at doing under, but close to, 2000 calorie per day for now.

What's your current caloric intake?

Bardock42
Originally posted by LanceWindu
What's your current caloric intake?
You mean previously? I am not really sure, it definitely varied, probably always more than 3000 though. And basically no excercise at all.

§P0oONY
Oh yeah, I'm switching to skimmed milk, I'm just using up the last liter I have right now. The yoghurt thing is a good idea, I will probably do that. And I know I should do away with the mayonaise, but it just doesn't taste so good, and I think it's okay in moderation. I aim at doing under, but close to, 2000 calorie per day for now. It's hard to advise because I don't know how your diet was before, if you were on a 4000+ calorie diet switching straight to a 2000 would be a big leap. It's just best to bring things down slowly.

If you take it slowly with regular and constant exersise the weight will fall of very quickly at your size. Pushing yourself too quickly may end up with you losing all of your motivation and slip back.

This being said I don't know what your diet was like before. Or what exersise you were prone to before so i can't really advise. I would suggest talking to your GP about it though. He'll probably give you access to a dietition who will help you.

LanceWindu
You mean previously? I am not really sure, it definitely varied, probably always more than 3000 though. And basically no excercise at all.

I would suggest you get the ball rolling slowly at first. If you make too big of a jump between your previous intake to your diet it can be a shock to your body and you'll feel like you're starving yourself.

Cut out about 500 calories from what you normally eat, the first couple weeks, and then go down to 2000 after that.

I was eating about 2500 myself, and I was still losing weight with no exercise.

Bardock42

§P0oONY
I'll just give you one tip. Don't lie when discussing it with people because you'll only be doing yourself a misjustice. If you are to post your weight progression on here don't feel preasured into having to make it drastically lower, no one will judge you if you only dropped a pound, or nothing at all.

Same goes if you see a dietition, they will ask you to keep a food diary, simply keep it truthful. I know when my sister was losing weight she lied a tonne and it only worked against her.

Making a decision like this is a possitive one and I wish you luck.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Found my BMI is 24.9, which is just on the limit for being overweight, so I don't have much to lose, but I could drop a couple pounds.

BackFire
Well, it really varied, one day I might binge on sweets and the other not really eat that much at all. And I am trying not to overdo it with exercise, cause I don't do any, I mean I used to do sport sometimes, but nothing regularly.

And I did have appointments with dietitians before and my GP is involved (I mean really losing weight is something I've been trying to do for years, obviously unsuccesfully). But if you have any suggestions at all I would like to hear them. Being a fat guy for at least 13 years though spending most of my time on the internet, I do have some sort of idea about different tips and approaches myself though.

Binge eating is like the worst thing you can do. It completely screws up your metabolism and will cause your body to store much more fat than normal, because it will be unsure of when it will get its next feeding. Eating a consistent diet of around 2500-3000 calories will help out a lot. It will help normalize your metabolism. Also eating 4 or 5 small meals as opposed to 1 or 2 large ones will help, too.

Edit: After going to the previous page of this thread it seems you know this already, so ignore me.

NemeBro
As a fellow overweight gai, I wish you best in your endeavor to get rid of it, you filthy German dog.

I'm 5'10", 250 pounds, since it also seems to be national share your height and weight day.

Ultraviolence

I was eating about 2500 myself, and I was still losing weight with no exercise.

I was too when I lost all of my weight. Dieting is the primary component in weight loss. Of course, exercise is big too but a lot of people use it to maintain a healthy weight.

Eating properly will drop your weight significantly.

Mist_haermm
a thyroid issue which requires me to take medication, likely for the rest of my life.

I was diagnosed with this a couple weeks ago, pain in the ass...sleepy

100g/2pc Whole Grain Toast 285cal
20g Mayonaise 151cal (755)
50g Ham 64cal (130)
40g Cheese 132cal (329)
40g Tomato 10cal (20)
40g Cucumber 5cal (15)

250g Blueberry Yoghurt 235cal (94)

Turkey with Rice: 790

100g Brown Rice 350cal
130g Turkey 200cal (150)
75g Sour Cream 85cal (113)
50ml Milk 40cal (80)
30g 1/2 Tomato 25cal
10g Rape Oil 90cal (891)

2 cents:
Change whatever brand of yoghurt you're using or just cut it out all together and have something else. I just had a look, the same amount of yoghurt if changed to fat free is about 70cal so you've already cut almost 200cal out of your diet, plus it has about 3 times less sugar (10.8g compared to your ~36g, average daily amount is ~100g).

Stick to around 600cal per meal and it'll still give you a couple hundred in case you get hungry. 2000 is around the average mark. Dont be shy of going over for the first few weeks since I'm guessing your normal intake would be probably be 3000 or higher anyway...

Watch for saturated fats, daily amount is only 20g or so. Your 75g of sour cream already has 1/4 of your daily sat. fat content. Skim milk has about 0.4g sat. fat as opposed to full fat milk with ~5g (25% of your daily). Not sure what oil 'rape oil' counts as but natural oils in nuts and fish are better than cooking/flavouring oils etc. Not sure what cheese, but 40g of cheddar has almost half your daily sat. fat count.

If you can cut 500 calories from whatever you currently eat per day you should be losing 0.5kg per week. Dont worry about eating junk food every now and then, just add on an extra 10-15mins to your workout as 'punishment' to burn them off since they aren't doing you any good anyway.

k, peace.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Ax3l
You could get diabetes and lose 50 lbs 3 and a half months like I did Love your new sig n avatar btw.

Yeah, the trick to losing weight is as follows, and I get this from many different exercise and weight loss websites as well as Paul McKenna's programme "I can make you thin", not personal experience, although, I have never been overweight, and this is pretty much how I eat.

1. Eat slowly -- body naturally tells you when you're full IE you don't have to finish the plate

2. Eat smaller meals more frequently, so if you have 2 big meals a day, change it to 3 small meals, or even 4. The more meals encourages your body to matabolise.

3. After a meal (about half an hour), do something practical. Jogging, steps, sport, but make sure its about half an hour after a meal. This the best time to do excerise...uses up the calories you've just eaten, and then goes further to burn the fat....or something, I'm not sure about this, but I do workout, and I know that half an hour after a meal is the best time.

Edit: It seems most of what I said is already covered...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mist_haermm
2 cents:
Change whatever brand of yoghurt you're using or just cut it out all together and have something else. I just had a look, the same amount of yoghurt if changed to fat free is about 70cal so you've already cut almost 200cal out of your diet, plus it has about 3 times less sugar (10.8g compared to your ~36g, average daily amount is ~100g).

Stick to around 600cal per meal and it'll still give you a couple hundred in case you get hungry. 2000 is around the average mark. Dont be shy of going over for the first few weeks since I'm guessing your normal intake would be probably be 3000 or higher anyway...

Watch for saturated fats, daily amount is only 20g or so. Your 75g of sour cream already has 1/4 of your daily sat. fat content. Skim milk has about 0.4g sat. fat as opposed to full fat milk with ~5g (25% of your daily). Not sure what oil 'rape oil' counts as but natural oils in nuts and fish are better than cooking/flavouring oils etc. Not sure what cheese, but 40g of cheddar has almost half your daily sat. fat count.

If you can cut 500 calories from whatever you currently eat per day you should be losing 0.5kg per week. Dont worry about eating junk food every now and then, just add on an extra 10-15mins to your workout as 'punishment' to burn them off since they aren't doing you any good anyway.

k, peace.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into Yoghurt alternatives next time I'm at the supermarket. Rape Oil is called Canola Oil in English speaking countries as far as I know, whyever they'd have to change the perfectly fine real name is beyond me.

And I usually eat Edam, Emmentaler or Tilsit Cheese.

Sancty
I think a lot of the weight is due to the thyroid thing srug It just doesn't make sense for him to be this weight, it's crazy ja. I don't think he eats that much

Selphie
wooo bardock! you can do it! I'm totally losing weight too : D

Thoren
Wow...good luck losing weight bro, I know its hard, I had to lose 20 pounds for my wedding.

But gained 10 back when I didn't get married.

Robtard
Originally posted by Thoren

But gained 10 back when I didn't get married.

Look at the bright side, you're still 10 less than you were before; that ain't bad.

mikeydude
good luck,

lord xyz
excessive sleeping is also bad.

chomperx9
the reason why alot of people are overweight mostly in the united states is the food.

ive been over weight for 8 years now. i just got back from mexico i was there for a month and lost alot of weight. their they cook the food good no fried crap. i was in acapulco for one week and that week i lost 8 lbs. also i drank over there nothing but water that helped to.

drink a glass of water before eating so you feel a little full so you dont over do it eating. i know youve probably heard that before but it works.

Quiero Mota

Ay guey, that is high. A person can't join the US military if their BMI is over 24 (not that you are, just a reference).

How tall are you?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Ay guey, that is high. A person can't join the US military if their BMI is over 24 (not that you are, just a reference).

How tall are you? 6'6''

Also, I didn't get drafted into the German military for my weight w00t

Impediment
6'6"?!?!?!? Damn, dude. I thought you were shorter than me. I'm 6'4" 1/2.

Quiero Mota
6'6''

Also, I didn't get drafted into the German military for my weight w00t

At least you're tall, so that helps a bit. If you were like 5'7" with a BMI of 49, THAT would be dangerous.

I'm overweight for my height; 5'10" and 240, but I'm old so whatever.

LanceWindu
At least you're tall, so that helps a bit. If you were like 5'7" with a BMI of 49, THAT would be dangerous.

I'm overweight for my height; 5'10" and 240, but I'm old so whatever.

BMI is calculated with height and weight. So no matter what, 49 is the same all around.

Robtard
I'm sure it's been said, but the BMI has flaws for certain people. I'm 5'9" and average 170lbs. BMI = 25.1, which is "overweight" according to it.

Yet I'm not fat, far from it actually.

LanceWindu
I'm sure it's been said, but the BMI has flaws for certain people. I'm 5'9" and average 170lbs. BMI = 25.1, which is "overweight" according to it.

Yeah, it doesn't account for muscle weight, or the size of your frame. It's a nice guidline, but far from perfect.

Impediment

Really? I originally assumed you to resemble BackFire.

You're scrawny compared to me.

samsmokin

Robtard
Really? I originally assumed you to resemble BackFire.

You're scrawny compared to me.

samsmokin

Your fist would break against my six-pack, mortal. I also bench more than you weigh. /face

Impediment
After I get a blumpkin, I am immortal for a period of 60 minutes.

Robtard
Now I HAVE to know, does she do that for you?

Impediment
.................No. She refuses. She has said, however, if I feed her copious amounts of tequila and get her shitty inebriated, she might.

Wish me luck.

I promise that you will be first to know.

Robtard
I'm two parts disgusted and one part turned on.

Quiero Mota
I'm two parts disgusted and one part turned on.

laughing out loud Yeah, no shit.

LanceWindu
.................No. She refuses. She has said, however, if I feed her copious amounts of tequila and get her shitty inebriated, she might.

Wish me luck.

I promise that you will be first to know.

Keep us informed.

chomperx9
is it true that if you are overweight and have to use 2 seats on a plane to sit you have to pay for 2 tickets ?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by chomperx9
is it true that if you are overweight and have to use 2 seats on a plane to sit you have to pay for 2 tickets ?

On some airlines, yes. I wholeheartedly agree with it as well. No one wants your ass spilling into the aisle and no one wants to be squished either. If your ass takes up 2 seats, that one seat could have gone to a paying customer.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chomperx9

Depends on the airline, and the discretion of the flight attendant.

Amazing Vrayo!!
I think it would be cheaper to just buy a business or first class seat, rather than two economy seats.

Robtard
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
I think it would be cheaper to just buy a business or first class seat, rather than two economy seats.

Cept that fat-ass likely won't fit in one of those seats either.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Cept that fat-ass likely won't fit in one of those seats either. I don't know about that. I've only been in first-class once, and the main thing that I remember was that the seats were huge, and mega cushioned. I think that if a person could not fit in one of those chairs, then they belong in the hospital.

Blinky
I bet you fail and go back to eating mountains of Wienerschnitzel in about a week.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Blinky
I bet you fail and go back to eating mountains of Wienerschnitzel in about a week. what a cockmonster...no expression

Ms.Marvel

im taller than you! eek!

Blinky
what a cockmonster...no expression

I get that a lot.

Quiero Mota
what a cockmonster...no expression

Well to be honest, a lot of people who announce they're going on a new diet usually throw in the towel about half way through.

The Pict
As many of you know I am very overweight. Dangerously so, in fact. I'd wager I am the biggest guy on here anyway. However that is not particularly healthy and many things that should be easy are hard for me to do or at least uncomfortable in many ways. I've been overweight for at least 13 years and have tried multiple diets and sports, but so far nothing has ever worked, mostly because I lacked motivation. Now I have high blood pressure and a thyroid issue which requires me to take medication, likely for the rest of my life. Anyway, I need to lose weight, and hope that keeping track of it publicly will motivate me enough to finally stick with it and lose the weight.

So that's what I'll do here, I'll write about what I eat, how I exercised and my current stats, and you can all cherish this experience with me!!!

I plan on updating every evening. Mostly about what I ate that day and what sport I did. And usually update my weight/BMI once a week. Perhaps after a while I will also add measurements and pictures, but not now cause a) it's embarrassing enough and b) who wants to see that anyway.

So yeah, fair warning, that's what's gonna happen here, if you don't like talking about fat people or diets or me (yeah right) you'll probably not like this thread.

Starting Weight: 198.7 kg

First time I saw this thread.

Good luck with the dieting.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Well to be honest, a lot of people who announce they're going on a new diet usually throw in the towel about half way through. Fine, but it doesn't help to taunt, and say that he won't stick with it before he's anywhere near throwing in the towel.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blinky
I bet you fail and go back to eating mountains of Wienerschnitzel in about a week.

OH IT'S ON!!!

Sancty
On some airlines, yes. I wholeheartedly agree with it as well. No one wants your ass spilling into the aisle and no one wants to be squished either. If your ass takes up 2 seats, that one seat could have gone to a paying customer.
I have to be squished crytissue

dadudemon
I have to be squished crytissue

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I lmao'd....pretty hard.

Bardock, she's a keeper.

Mairuzu
Six pack yet?

Bardock42
Six pack yet?

Yep, I lost 260 pounds in the last two days. I decided to celebrate by going to an all you can eat buffet.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
im taller than you! eek!

My dick's bigger than yours.

Ms.Marvel
My dick's bigger than yours.

youre probably right... hmm

Robtard
youre probably right... hmm

Want to compare?

Mairuzu
Yep, I lost 260 pounds in the last two days. I decided to celebrate by going to an all you can eat buffet. As long as you know you've done it before in your mind, that's all that matters. You now can easily get'r done. I think you should take close up shots of your gut weekly. Seriously.

Ms.Marvel
Want to compare?

i dont think mine would be visible on camera sad

Robtard
i dont think mine would be visible on camera sad

Show me what you got.

Ms.Marvel
alright!

here it comes. you ready?

Robtard
*unzips*

Bardock42

Peach

BMI is kind of crap. According to it, if I were at my ideal weight for my height and frame (my skeletal frame is huge, apparently), I'd still be overweight.

I'm 5'5" and looked my best when I was about 160. When I was thinner than that I looked unhealthy, because even though I'm somewhat short, I'm not built small (big shoulders, big hips, big boobs, big ass, woohoo!). Right now I'm trying to get back down to that weight. It's sad, a few years ago when I was that size I thought I was horrendously fat; when I look at pics of myself from then now, all I can think was "wow, I looked amazing then". Damn lack of self esteem and body image issues.

My main problem is the fact that I very strongly suspect I have thyroid issues - both my aunts are doctors and recommended I get checked for that, and are helping me find specialists in my area to see for that. Frankly, it would explain a lot about me. That and the fact that I'm so rarely home I tend to grab food on my way to/from class or work and hence it's not of the healthiest variety. Moving out on my own in a few months which is going to cut that out nicely, though, since I won't be able to afford to do much of anything beyond cook for myself stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by Peach
I'm not built small (big shoulders, big hips, big boobs, big ass, woohoo!).

Pics.

Peach
Pics.

Oh come on now, everyone's seen pics of me by now stick out tongue

But fine. I have few full-body pics, so have one of me from when I was getting my bridesmaid dress fitted about a month and a half ago.

Bardock42
Pretty good day. Ate a Turkey sandwhich in the morning and made two different warm dishes to try, but stayed under 2000 calories. Might actually eat a Yoghurt in a bit, but we'll see. Additionally I started working out again, though it was really hard to do much, I ran for about 10 minutes and lifted some weights. I guess I just have to slowly build up to a bigger number. Anyways, looking forward to weighing myself on Sunday.

Freitag 23. April 2010 ~1638

16:00 364 Turkey Sandwich
17:30 109 Cerealbar
20:00 595 Turkeysteak with Polenta and Long Beans
23:00 570 Pasta with Carrots and Milk

15 Minute Workout

Robtard
Maybe to spice it up and break up the monotony, maybe you should also post your bowel movements of the day? Size, weight, color etc.

Bardock42
Maybe to spice it up and break up the monotony, maybe you should also post your bowel movements of the day? Size, weight, color etc.

I'll do you one better I'll send you a sample. What's your address again?

dadudemon
I'll do you one better I'll send you a sample. What's your address again?

You can just e-mail it to him.

Bardock42
You can just e-mail it to him.

Too impersonal.

dadudemon
Too impersonal.

Well, the joke was: "Oh, hey, I'm new to technology. I believe that e-mail is the same as mail, including mailing physical items to someone. See, that's cause I'm old."

Bardock42
Well, the joke was: "Oh, hey, I'm new to technology. I believe that e-mail is the same as mail, including mailing physical items to someone. See, that's cause I'm old."

Well, the joke was: "I don't think of the obvious limitation, rather jumping to another often cited difference between mail and email, thereby playing off of the expectations of people to not disregard the most obvious shortcoming".

I thought it was funny enough.

BackFire
I have a question for those who may be well informed when it comes to fitness. Would you recommend doing cardio 7 days a week? Or is it best to do, say, 5 or 6 days a week and have a rest-day?

Robtard
If you're trying to lose weight and your body can take it everyday, go for it.

But honestly, 6 days of cardio is great, considering you're doing a decent cardio workout each day.

Quiero Mota
Turkey Sandwich

What kind of bread?

Also, do you have a trainer, or at least a friend who's there and pushes you when you want to give up?

dadudemon
I have a question for those who may be well informed when it comes to fitness. Would you recommend doing cardio 7 days a week? Or is it best to do, say, 5 or 6 days a week and have a rest-day?

Since you're not religious, do three on, 1 off, forever. Try to vary up the type of cardio you do and make sure your cardio sessions are not "overlapping."

For instance, don't do jump ropes and plyometrics one day, and then do interval sprints the next. Don't do a long ass jog one day, and then do a tough treadmill routine the next.

If you find 3 days in a row is making you're body feel weird, unresponsive, sluggish, or just plain ol' sick, do 2 on, 2 off until you can work your way up to 3.

BTW, I was reading that interval sprints are the best way to lose fat. Imma hafftuh check it out to see how that works out for me.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/sprint.htm

LanceWindu
I think I did pretty good today. Stayed under 2500 calories, while still eating tasty food.

BackFire
Since you're not religious, do three on, 1 off, forever. Try to vary up the type of cardio you do and make sure your cardio sessions are not "overlapping."

For instance, don't do jump ropes and plyometrics one day, and then do interval sprints the next. Don't do a long ass jog one day, and then do a tough treadmill routine the next.

If you find 3 days in a row is making you're body feel weird, unresponsive, sluggish, or just plain ol' sick, do 2 on, 2 off until you can work your way up to 3.

BTW, I was reading that interval sprints are the best way to lose fat. Imma hafftuh check it out to see how that works out for me.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/sprint.htm

Well, all I have is an elliptical. And I've done that like 8 days straight so far without any trouble, feel fine. Between 30 minutes and an hour each day. I'll probably take a day off soon, though. Just because.

Ultraviolence
Has anyone here tried P90X? I was considering doing that program but I haven't heard much about how effective it is.

Bardock42
What kind of bread?

Also, do you have a trainer, or at least a friend who's there and pushes you when you want to give up?

It's like a whole grain toast kinda sandwhich. And atm I don't have a trainer, though I might go to a gym sometime soon.

Although I don't think I can use most of the tools there at the moment, cause I'm too heavy.

dadudemon
Well, all I have is an elliptical. And I've done that like 8 days straight so far without any trouble, feel fine. Between 30 minutes and an hour each day. I'll probably take a day off soon, though. Just because.

Well, as long a you keep your heart rate in the "fat burning" zone, I guess it doesn't matter. But, if you start to get sleepy, feel bummed out or depressed, feels like your reaction time is slowing down, etc. Just something funky. You may be burning out your nervous system. That's when you know to take a rest. It's hard to say and it may take years to get a feel for when you are burning yourself out (depends on how "at one" you are with your body.)

Sancty
Dadudemon coming in here with that sig is just cruel uhuh

LanceWindu
lol

BackFire
Well, as long a you keep your heart rate in the "fat burning" zone, I guess it doesn't matter. But, if you start to get sleepy, feel bummed out or depressed, feels like your reaction time is slowing down, etc. Just something funky. You may be burning out your nervous system. That's when you know to take a rest. It's hard to say and it may take years to get a feel for when you are burning yourself out (depends on how "at one" you are with your body.)

Yeah I'm trying to keep an eye on those things. I'm feeling a little fatigued today so I'm gonna just take today as a rest day. Thanks for the advice.

dadudemon
Dadudemon coming in here with that sig is just cruel uhuh

laughing laughing laughing

DOH! facepalm

BTW, I ate a pile of donuts this morning. The best donuts I've ever had, period. Fresh Long John filled with raspberry filling and it was glazed. OMG! It was bomb.

Yeah I'm trying to keep an eye on those things. I'm feeling a little fatigued today so I'm gonna just take today as a rest day. Thanks for the advice.

What's sad is, with your motivation, you could beat me to your fitness goals while I'm still halfway there. You seem to be very motivated, which is awesome.

BackFire
Thanks, but it's mostly just cuz I'm bored.

Alpha Centauri
laughing laughing laughing

DOH! facepalm

BTW, I ate a pile of donuts this morning. The best donuts I've ever had, period. Fresh Long John filled with raspberry filling and it was glazed. OMG! It was bomb.

Over here there's a place that sells caramel covered doughnuts with custard inside. They're too good.

-AC

BackFire
It's not doughnuts, it's donuts, you heathen.

Alpha Centauri
It's not doughnuts, it's donuts, you heathen.

Yeah, cos they're made of do, aren't they?

Here I was, drinking some mango juice and thinking the "Dough" in "Doughnut" was because they're made with dough or a doughey substance.

What a noob.

I recognise, darling, that between porn and more porn you find it hard to process stuff, but I'm not an American. As such, silent letters and non-literal spellings are not the devil to me.

-AC

Peach
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Over here there's a place that sells caramel covered doughnuts with custard inside. They're too good.

-AC

...that just sounds sickeningly sweet.

However, I don't like sweet stuff and I hate caramel (it's sweet AND sticky, so double the "blech" factor), so yeah.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Peach
...that just sounds sickeningly sweet.

However, I don't like sweet stuff and I hate caramel (it's sweet AND sticky, so double the "blech" factor), so yeah.

Well, you're wrong, Lana. What now? Gonna ban me? I'll tell you where you can stick your ban.

I'm sorry, I just...I'm defensive about those doughnuts.

To be honest, after you eat one, you do regret it. What's worse is that now you know what it's like, it puts you off eating another, but you do anyway.

-AC

LanceWindu
Lately I've not wanted to eat sweet foods. I used to be a candy whore, but now I only eat candy a couple times a month.

Alpha Centauri
Same with me actually.

I used to be a serious snacker, on top of three meals a day I would snack out at all hours. You honestly feel so much better for not doing that.

-AC

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Same with me actually.

I used to be a serious snacker, on top of three meals a day I would snack out at all hours. You honestly feel so much better for not doing that.

-AC

The bad part, I replaced it with salty foods. I need to cut a lot of sodium from my diet.

Trying to find the balance of good for you & tasty food is a hard one.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>