USH'S GAME EPISODE IV- 'CHASE'- LIGHT SIDE AREA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Fire
(This looks nice)

I say:"now what are we going to do Gentlemen? Kellan do you have any suggestions? I think it is best that we devide the group into two parts and go after the two things we will have, imo, the most chance of finding namely Ascar in hutt space and Persis on Tartarus, seeing that xeth has a big advantage actualy having worked on Tartarus I think it is only logical that he would return, if he wants to ofcourse"

after pondering a while I again say:"we will have the best chance of finding our attackers by going after Persis since he is the only one with a functional Astrolabe they will also go after him, no?"

Ushgarak
Xeth knows nothing of Tartarus, none of you do.

And is it not logical that they would also go after Ascar?

Fire
(sorry I missed the place I ment nar shadda
and the dark siders maybe I dunno, I wouldn't do it maybe kuylen wants vengeance but I think it would be a foolish move)

Ushgarak
Why is that any more foolish than going after the Astrolabe?

Ushgarak
Note- it is mainly for newbies, but I have now created a geme summary thread for people to read to be more aware of the main plot.

Fire
(I thought kuylen needed the astrolabe to find the mausoleum, so he needs the astrolabe he does not need ascar for that I thought)

Bespin Bart
"I will definitely go to Nar Shaddaa with whoever decides to go there, though not out of want. The place is a filthy rat hole, a city-planet like Coruscant but filled with dread and death. Horrible place...controlled by the Hutts too!" Xeth says.

Fire
"hmm.... What do the others think?"

Ushgarak
(Fire, Ascar simply KNOWS the location of the Mausoleum, as I clearly pointed out above. Hence if they get the information from him the Astrolabe is entirely irrelevant)

As Xeth can point out, the main difference between Nar Shadda and Coruscant (aside from Nar Shadda being only a moon) is that Nar Shadda is deep, as opposed to Coruscant which is high.

But yes, it IS evil.

Fire
(okie good point, well than they should go after the two of them, must have read over that one)

Julie
Sieri "Well, I'm not too particuar about any of the choices...I shall go wimply where I can best serve the Jedi Order."

Ushgarak
Ok, Gundy is very busy right now, but from my talks with her, her idea for splitting the party was as such:

Nar Shadda:
Gundark (Wants to sort out Ascar)
Xeth (knows the ground)

Tartarus
Marcus (splitting the Masters)
Mah (All-round capable guy)

Belseraphon
Julie
Lance

(Tend to be absent, so I can start the plot for the hoth of them later on. Which even makes sense, as Belseraphon is certainly the furthest away)

Any objections?

Fire
"If this is indeed the will of master gundark I will see it done!"

smile

Gundark
(Thanks Ush)

"That is how I see our best options, Marcus, although I am certainly open to your suggestions."

mah
"I have no specific 1st choice of destination, so Master Gundarks plan is perfectly fine by me."

Ushgarak
Right then! Would the people in each group please decide how they plan to travel?

Gundark
How about refugee transport to Nar Shadda ? Possible ?

Ushgarak
No refugees go to Nar Shadda- not of the sort you mean. The sort of people who flee there are cutting deals with the Hutts.

Xeth, you'd be better off posing as traders.

Fire
"Thank you for the confidence Master gundark, but you're plan will probably suit us best, for you know many of these jedi a lot better than I do"

Gundark
"Then contact me once you get to Tartarus," Kellan told him. "Xeth and I will travel disguised as parts traders."

Ushgarak
One down, two to go...

Julie
Sieri - "To the homeworld of the dark one then....hmm"..."Would it be better to take fighters or a transport?" "Are we to travel incognito?"

Bespin Bart
(Cool, I get to go with Master Gundark! big grin )

"Maybe we can disguise my starfighter? If not, we'd better hitch-hike to Nar Shadda, which I dread, but it seems best. Or maybe Prefect Moran can find us a small freighter suitable for our needs."

Xeth pops a painkiller pill in his mouth. "Ug, my head still hurts from yesterday. How's your wrist Kellan?"

Ushgarak
I wasn't under the impression your ship looked conspicuous, Xeth!

I assume Sieri will take her own ship. It is just Mah and Marcus we need to know about.

mah
"Do you have any suggestions for means of transportation?" Mah asks Marcys

Fire
"not really, tho I would recommend a low profile way of getting there seeing that Persis will probably be on the look out for us jedi, maybe we should find a common liner to Tartarus, if possible, if not maybe find someone here who can take us aboard his ship and fly us there"

mah
"Sounds like a fair plan. IF there are any such ships."

Ushgarak
You guys can check that out whilst the others prepare to leave...

(I assume there is room for Gundark to be comfortable in your ship, Xeth)

And the answer... no. No civilian ships to Tartarus. Ever.

Bespin Bart
(Yes. The Nexu's Grin is modified, so there's room for more than one person in the cockpit. It's less cramped than the original model, and I've added more room. Think of Dooku's ship without the solar sail and the cockpit up top like the normal Geo starfighter.)

"I guess the Tartarians don't like visitors. Marcus and Mah will have some trouble getting on the planet," Xeth says grimly after checking for them.

mah
Mah goes out to check for any liners that could go to Tartarus

Ushgarak
None. No liners, chartered freighters, or ANY form of civlian transport heading to Tartarus at all, from anywhere in the Galaxy.

Ah, this will be why. Under Senatorial review, all private transport to the Tartarus sector is forbidden except by permission granted to those of Tartaran citizenship under subclause 3.a.iv of Anti-Smuggling Resolution 1571...

...you are bored already...

(If neither of you two have a ship you always have the option of taking a Jedi craft)

mah
aha..ok..I guess

Ushgarak
Those regs look a bit torturous, actually.

Your response is received; a two-man craft will be snet your way at once.

Bespin Bart
"Still, though you have transportation, Persis will probably be looking for us or the Dark Jedi. He'll probably have something in store for you..." Xeth says. He feels unsure about just flying to and landing on Tartarus.

Ushgarak
Not that you have to worry...

You and Gundark may set off now, your ship winking into hyperspace. Whatever nervous tics you have, they come out now, as you contemplate returning to Nar Shadda. Everything is topsy turvy there; civilisation without reason. Everyone there is out for profit, at the expense of everyone else, and a dagger in the back is the way to solve most things. Only the Hutts being order, and that order is entirely subjective to what they want. Jedi find it impossible to keep any order there, though if you declare as Jedi you will at least make people think twice before acting against you- partly because you are dangerous, and partly because the Hutts think twice before openly annoying the Republic.

Lance and Sieri can leave also, uncertain of what awaits them. As for Mah and Marcus... your ship arrives presently. Mah, of course, will be flying.

You ars seperated now, so good luck to you all.

Fire
okie haven't missed too much

Julie
( uh How is Lance getting there???)
Sieri goes to her ship ( which I incedently forgot about) and prepares to take off....

Gundark
"This isn't going to be easy, Xeth," Kellan told the Geonosian as she contemplated the blur of hyperspace through the viewport. "Ascar probably has a million places to hide on Nar Shadda. He can disappear like a grain of sand in the desert." She watched him swallow the painkiller. "My wrist feels a little better since I've rested it." She grinned at him. "You still in one piece ?"

Ushgarak
(Lance has a ship as well, Julie, though you are the better pilot)

Well, the uninviting form of Nar Shadda is approaching, Gundark- the horrible, ugly moon, orbiting at a wide distance around the equally horrible planet of Nar Hutta, where the Hutts are spawned. Eugh.

Nar Shadda traffic control is contacting you.

-

Mah and Marcus, it is but a short journey to Tartarus. This is also not a particularly inspiring place, from space. To remind you, there is the large civilian sector, and the smaller military sector, which is currently in control as the continuing investigation into the smuggling crisis goes on.

The military sector now contacts you and asks you your business here.

Fire
I reply: "Militairy control this is Jedimaster Torkan, we have business to attend to on your planet, is it possible for us to land"

I whisper to mah:"Maybe we can try this different names thing, might help a bit"

mah
"Well it can't do any harm...I hope."

Ushgarak
Huh? Why impersonate a different Jedi? If anyone checks your credentials they will find out you are lying.

"Jedi?" says a confused traffic controller. "Uh... very well... please, come in at landing bay 3..."

Fire
(cause I have actualy no clue to what kind of power persis has, for all I know he was right there in the control room and could have us shot out of the sky)
"very well, thank you"

Ushgarak
(In the MILITARY section? How odd! But even if he was, he STILL would have shot you out the sky, hmm?)

Fire
(well I don't really know him, so I dunno what his powers are)

Ushgarak
What you know about him makes absolutely no difference at all! It was still a gambit which made no difference.

But in truth, you DO know about him; you looked him up last story. Persis is a smuggler, not a military man. The military are here to STOP the smugglers. Your problem is that Persis has probably fled to the civilian part, as he has Tartaran citizenship.

In any case, your ship lands at the landing bay. Several armed guards await you outside.

Bespin Bart
"Oh, I'm fine Master Gundark. Majora gave a nasty kick before Mah put an end to her evil, so my head hurts. Geez, to think I was almost killed..."

Xeth pilots the Nexu's Grin until the Nar Shadda traffic control contacts him. "This is Xeth Tam, here on business of my own." Remembering that the Hutt's are in control here, he brings up his old spying job. "I'm an old accomplice of Shareth the Hutt."

mah
Mah leaves the ship and makes a gesture towards the guards.

Ushgarak
"Here on the Hutt's favour?" says traffic control. "A bold claim. Very well, you may land in the third landing quadrant, bay 5586."

-

"Good day, Master Jedi," says a guard to you Mah, uncertainly. "If you would care to come this way, I shall take you to the captain."

Fire
I carefully follow behind mah, keeping my mouth shut atm

mah
Mah follows the guard to where he takes him.

Gundark
"So exactly how DID you leave things between yourself and Shareth, Xeth ?" Kellan asked. "Please don't tell me she's currently looking to obtain your head as a trophy."

Ushgarak
Hmm... does infiltrating her organisation as an undercover agent and then betraying her count as bad?

Xeth, she will try and kill you.

-

Mah, and Marcus, the guards lead you to an office of a certain Captain Pheron. His office is at the top of the dome that appears to be the main building of the military sector (which, frankly, is not what you expected- one habitation dome and some landing pads, and the transfer to the civilian sector). The wall behind him is mostly plasti-glass, and affords a view of the outer buildings of the civilian sector.

"Um," says Captain Pheron, getting up from behind his desk when you come in. He shrugs slightly. "Hello?"

Fire
"goodmorning..." raising an eyebrow "we are here to do an investigation and will not take much more of your time, it would be kind of you if you would let our ship stay here if it is not too much trouble. Secondly I would like to know wether or not it takes a lot of time to transfer between this sector and the civilian sector?"

Ushgarak
"An investigation? One that is pertinent to this area? The Senate did not inform me," says the Captain. "As to your othjer question, transfer takes virtually no time at all. If you are allowed to enter."

Fire
"the senate will inform you when the time comes, time is of the essence non the less, would we be allowed back in if we would leave now?"

Ushgarak
"I don't think you understand," says the Captain. "You ARE Jedi, yes? I am sorry to ask such a ridiculous question."

Fire
"Yes we are jedi"

Ushgarak
"Um..." says Pheron, and you can feel his discomfort. "Then surely you are aware that I cannot possibly allow you into the civilian sector?"

mah
"How come?"

Fire
'We MUST get into the civilian sector, it is absolutely crucial to our mission, I fear the senate and the council would be very displeased if this mission would fail, so I urge to you let us go into the sector"

Ushgarak
"But..." says Pheron, starting to swaet slightly. "I am sorry... but... by Senatorial ORDER no Republican forces are allowed inside the Tartaran civilian sector. *I* can't even go in there! I am on a Senatorial appointment to ensure the security of the Republican inviestigation for the duration of which the Civilian Sector, in case the case falls apart..."

He stops.

"You don't even know what I am talking about, do you?"

mah
"Not really. Is there ANY way for us to get in...in any way?"

Ushgarak
"Um... not until the investigation is over..." says Pheron. "Let's... let's start this again. WHY is it you are here? I assumed you were part of the investigation.

mah
"Well if you would let us in..."

Ushgarak
"I CAN'T let you in," says the Captain. "It's not legal! Please. Tell me why you are here and I will see what I can do."

mah
"Stay here and see what you can do" Mah whispers to Marcus, "I'll go to the ship and the comm and see if I can get any info on why we're not let in here; what's going on." He then walks back to the location of the ship and requests some info on what's happening on Tartarus at the moment.

Fire
"My college will return shortly, if it is no trouble I'd like to get a drink"

Ushgarak
Pheron presses a button on his desk.

"Shara, bring in some refreshments for the Jedi, would you?" he asks.

Ok, mah, you are back at your ship (and I will remind you that whilst at your ship you may send messages to the other two groups).

What will you now try and determine?

Fire
"Thank you"

mah
want to know about the senatorial order that makes it impossible for us to get in, and that investigation.

Ushgarak
Ok.

The entire Tartarus sector is indeed under a vast invesitgation headed by a Senatorial commission- this is why there was no civilian transport coming here.

Tartarus is, apparently, the centre of a smuggling operation that has its tendrils spreading throughout the whole Republic and costing it untold billions of credits. And this is not some remote Hutt planet; it's close to Malastare, a MAJOR Republican world (albeit a dodgy one).

Currently evidence is being accumulated by Republican authorities to try and get a trial going and shut down these damn people. But the Tartarans have invoked no end of legal obstructions pointing out their right to free passage in their own system, and they brought a successful court case to make this happen. They also won the right to avoid any persecution OTHER than that directly pertinent to the investigation.

To whit, the result is this. During the course of the investigation (now in its 30th month) no private transport to Tartarus is allowed. All those travelling to Tartarus must prove they have valid Tartaran citizenship, and all incoming travellers must so prove themselves before being allowed to enter the Civilian Sector- which is to say, the entire rest of the moon (though Tartarus is not actually that large).

Meanwhile, the Senatorial Committee meets every three months to discuss the problem and try and advance some sort of solution. Captain Pheron has been sent by this committee, and this whole military area that controls the flow into and out of Tartarus was created by that committee.

The most important thing is this. Whilst the investigation is going on, NO forces of the Republic may enter the area, on direct order of the Senate, in case they breach the partiality of the investigation by so doing and render all that work invalid- the court case could collapse if Republican forces enter. This includes Jedi.

You are beginning to remember why you hate Republican bureaucracy...

Julie
"Lance? Are you there?" Sieri askes into the comm.

Ushgarak
(I assume he is, but Lance is way right now)

Sieri, you have now arrived in the general area of the planet Belseraphon, a large and mostly orange planet with no evidence of major cities. It is very quiet in space around here...

mah
Mah went back from the ship to the location of Jedi Marcus, thinking about what could be done.

Fire
"Aaah I see my fellow jedi has returned, could we get a private moment captain?"

Ushgarak
"Use my secretary's room," says Pheron.

Fire
"Thank You"

Gundark
Are we going to be allowed to land without a lot of grief, Ush ?

Ushgarak
WB, Gundy.

Yes, you may land in the bay they pointed out to you. As your ship swoops down you get your first glance of Nar Shadda- much like Coruscant (though only a moon), save the buildings are deep, not high. And there is less traffic, but instead an insane nightmare of criss-crossing public walkways.

Your ships settles down in a dirty-looking landing bay.

-

Seems things on Tartarus have ground to a halt. Need any help? Anything summarised or pointed out?

mah
(maybe we should just get in there, tell the prat we're here to kill baddies and that he'd better let us in)

Bespin Bart
"Well, things weren't exactly pleasant between us anyway. She's a Hutt after all!" Xeth states as he puts the ship down. "Besides, we're not REALLY going to go see her. Just using it as an excuse for landing."

Ushgarak
As you get out of your ships, Xeth and Gundy, a landing official approcahes you.

"Welcome to Nar Shadda!" he says. "I am the administrator of this landing section." He looks your ship up and down.

"Nice ship," he says.

Bespin Bart
"Uh...thanks," says Xeth. "It's a Geonasian starfighter. Modified to fit my needs of course!"

Ushgarak
"What is the cargo?" he asks.

Gundark
"Spare ship parts," Kellan told him, hoping she appeared to the administrator as the typical-looking trader she had dressed as. She avoided glancing sideways at Xeth and spoke casually. "Typical trader goods."

Ushgarak
The administrator gives a 'gas-man' style intake of breath.

"ALWAYS in demand, spare parts," he says. "You must do good business. And with a nice ship like that, you must be doing pretty well for yourselves."

Fire
"Look Captain the bottom line is, that we are here for a very special reason, we have tracked down a man named persis here. He attacked several of us and after that he fled to this planet with an artefact it is imperatif to the safety of the republic that we get back that artefact. Now you can either help us or not the choice is yours!"

Ushgarak
The Captain listens, though is a little confused.

"I DO want to help you," he says "I will help you any way I can... but there's just simply no way I an let you in! Not without Senatorial authority.

"But... safety of the Republic? How so? And who is this Persis?"

Fire
"Persis is a very dangerous criminal he should stand trial or die for the crimes he has commited towards the jedi order and the republic. the Artefact he carries will grant him and his comrads great power. But even worse would be, and I fear he will do this, to sell it to someone even more evil than himself."

Ushgarak
"I don't know what to tell you," says the Captain, "except that no criminal on the run would simply be let into the civilian area either."

Fire
"Trust me Persis is here"

Ushgarak
"How do you know that? What makes you think I would just allow any old criminal into the civilian area?"

Julie
Sieri thinks, " I suppose I ought to land somewhere." She glances at her sensors.
"That ought to do. Arch, I'm going to start the landing cycle...stand by" she says to her astromech R3-H4. ( she doesn't really need the astromech, but it came with the ship and makes a fairly good companion on long boring solo trips....also it helps her if she need to access library data...etc)

Fire
"I am quit confident that Persis didn't pass through here to get into the cilivian sector"

Ushgarak
What kind of place are you planning on landing at, Sarah?

-

"But..." says Pheron. "He is not HERE. If you do not think he is going there, then he cannot be on Tartarus at all."

Gundark
"Yes, not too bad a business to be in," Kellan replied. "Now if you'll just excuse us....."

Ushgarak
"I guess you must have been very careful, in a business like that.." says the man.

Xeth, this is the bit you hate... here is how it works. You bribe this guy not to go rifling through your ship whilst you are here. The amount you bribe him is important, because if anyone bribes HIM more he will let them break into your ship without comment.

mah
"Persis knows his ways around the system, he's sneaky and can get the results he wants. He is on Tartarus."

Ushgarak
"Let me assure you," says Pheron, "no ship lands on Tartarus without us knowing about it. Any ship landing in the civilian area would be intercepted by a squadron of fighters. Or a hundred troops when it landed. ALL ships have to land in the military area and those wishing to go inside processed by us.

"Frankly, it strikes me as silly that any criminal would run here, where he would almost certainly be detained by us for illegal entry."

mah
"He could've got help, and been smuggled in."

Ushgarak
"Smuggled in how? Like I told you. NO ships are allowed here unless authorised, and the transfer section is observed at all times."

Gundark
Kellan pulled a disk from inside her jacket with republic credits recorded on it. "I'm sure this docking bay is secure, then ?" she asked, casually handing him the disk.

Ushgarak
"Republic Credits? Hmm... ok. How many?"

mah
"Persis is actually a Tartaran citizen; he lives on this planet. Thus it's obviously no problem for him getting to and fro here. He is a danger, and he is here; you must let us in."

Ushgarak
Pheron blinks.

"He's a Tartaran citizen?" he says, taken aback. "Ah."

He moves to his intercom.

"Piso, have we checked a man named 'Persis' though to the Civilian Area recently?"

"Err... can you describe him?"

(Pheron gets the descriptions from you and passes them on. A few minutes later, they have a security image of Persis entering the Civilian area, carrying a large cloth sack over his shoulder.)

"Well... at least we have established SOMETHING," says Pheron. "Hmm... knotty, this one..."

Bespin Bart
"8000 credits. No more, no less. If you argue I'll lower it down to 5000 credits. And if you go through our ship regardless of how much we pay you, you'll meet a...foul...end."

He grabs the man by the scruff of his neck and whispers menacingly in his ear. "Do I make myself clear?"

Ushgarak
"Perfectly," says the man, "8000 will do fine..."

Fire
"Now can you atleast try and help us?"

Gundark
"Come on, leave him in one piece," Kellan urged, not wanting to use Xeth's name in front of the administator. She pulled her companion away by the arm, heading out of the docking bay.

She then lowered her voice. "I have a hunch that we're not going to find Ascar hiding amongst the lowlifes of Nar Shadda, Xeth. He won't stoop to that," Kellan told him. "I think he's hidden himself behind his allies in the higher end of the food chain."

Ushgarak
Well... here you are on Nar Shadda... as I say, it is like Coruscant, but DEEP. And rather narrow and claustrophobic. For once, humans are in the minority as people of all speicies wonder the many walkways.

It is a big place; you need to think of somewhere to start.

-

"Like I keep telling you, Master Jedi," says Pheron, "I AM willing to help you as much as I can. This isn;t a case of me being obstructive."

Fire
"Can't you look the other way for this one time?"

Ushgarak
"Master Jedi," says Pheron, "I am sure you aren't asking me to break the law on your behalf."

Fire
"I wouldn't put it like that it is rather an unfortunate clitch in an otherwise perfect system"

Ushgarak
"Yes, unfortunate, I agree," says Pheron. "The only circumstances I am allowed in trhere is to retrirve people in there illegally- on the idea that there presence will be more disruptive to the investigation than mine. So if this 'Persis' had been in there illegally I could have gone and got him myself. As it is, though..."

Pheron shrugs.

"The best I can do is contact the Senate and ask for them to help. But somehow I doubt it."

mah
"Do that."

Ushgarak
Pheron sighs.

"Very well," he says. "I will go to the communications suite."

This gives you guys a small amount of time to do anything you might think of.

Bespin Bart
(Use the Force Mah and Fire...)

"I wasn't really going to kill him!" Xeth says to Gundy. "It would be against the Code. The only time I might stoop that low is if I was face to face with a Dark Jedi. In any case, we need to get started. But where to start?"

Xeth looks around and then asks a nearby civilian something. "Do you know where I could find a good information broker?"

Ushgarak
"How much is it worth?" asks the citizen.

(BTW, how are Gundy and Xeth dressed?)

Julie
( where can I land?)

Ushgarak
Technically anywhere on the planet.

Practically... guve me some idea of the sort of place you would LIKE to land. Middle of a big forest, top of a tall building, Tracy Island, secret SPECTRE base, and so on...

Julie
ah some place not likely to attract unwanted attention would do nicely thank you

Bespin Bart
(Well, Lance will back for awhile, so after you update him severly we will advance in the Belseraphon mission and Julie will not be all alone. big grin )

(btw, Ush, would I be bitten if I said Jedi robes? Safe to say I'm wearing something that doesn't draw attention)

"What do you mean how much is it worth?" asked Xeth (since the person controlling Xeth has no idea what that means).

Ushgarak
Not bitten, it is a trade off between the authority of revealing yourself as a Jedi versus the trouble of being identified as Jedi it might bring.

Xeth, the guy wants to know how much you are going to pay him to tell you where an information broker is.

-

Sieri, odd thing is that you are finding it very hard to find any actual civilisation on this planet. All you can see is the occasional grouping of stone buildings; some of which are very large. Still, there seems to be a quiet forest a while away from anywhere.

During your orbital descent, about three dozen various security systems on the planet lock onto your ship.

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, on the crazy fun world Tartarus...

Mah and Marcus, Captain Pheron asks to see you.

"I spoke to the Lamellan Senator," he explains. "Lamella is an important part of the Senatorial Committee, of course."

"I explained the situation and the Senator agreed it was an unfortunate problem, but also said there could be no question of waiving the rules, even for Jedi. But he DID seem to think that there might be some aveneues of advancment possible. He is sending his chief assistant, Tilo Nebb, to try and sort things out for you."

Gundark
(Wanting to avoid attracting the attention of bounty hunters, among others, I'm dressed more along the lines of Solo on Endor, with a long hooded jacket and blaster for appearances sake. My sabre is hidden inside my jacket).

Kellan leaned toward Xeth and whispered in his ear. "We do have a limited suppy of credits, don't forget."

Ushgarak
Well, you had 20000 to start with, and you gave out a fair amount to the docking official

mah
"Okay, we'll see what he can do then.."

Ushgarak
"Excellent!" says Pheron, happy that the problem now seems to be out of his hands. "Now, do you gentlemen require any further refreshment?"

At this point, a subdued sensor alarm sounds.

Fire
with one hand going towards my sabre I ask:"What seems to be the problem?"

Ushgarak
Pheron looks down at the monitor at his desk.

"We have another unexpected trace coming in; a ship dropped out of hyperspace approaching the system. We'll have to check it out."

Julie
Sieri checks her scanners again. "Do you pick up on anything down there, Arch? ....Great they send me to a liveless rock." She changes her angle slightly to allow the scanners a new vector to explore.

Ushgarak
In the Tartaran Control Room, where Pheron now is-

"This is Tartarus control to unidentified vessel," says the radio operator. "Identify yourself, your destination, and your purpose."

"This is Kil Banar to Tartarus military. Requesting permission to land."

Mah and Marcus, a chill passes through you. That is Galder's voice.

-

Definite life signs from the planet, Julie. And with all that sensory equipment locking onto you, definite civilisation too. Hmm.

Oddly enough, nothing is firing at you. You are just being locked onto, that is it.

-

Kellan and Xeth, are you going to get info from that guy, or move on?

Fire
"Capt. how far is that ship from landing, let him land within 5 minuts, he must be taken into custody, he is a threat to the republic and we must take him back to coruscant at once, let US handle this and do not interfere! Mah let's go we have a better shot if we do this by two"

Ushgarak
"It's ok," says Pheron, "we are handling the situation." He turns to the controller "Vector some ships to that position at once." He turns to you. "You know this man, then?" he asks.

Meanwhile, the exhange with the ship goes on.

"Tartarus control to unknown vessel; what business do you have here?"

"Seeking landing accomodations. Just had a run-in with pirates and need repairs. Can't make it to any other planet."

Fire
"Hmm yes we know this man, I suggest you let us handel this, he can do things you can not comprehend nor counter like we can"
When I say this I reach deep within myself and within the force to levitate the man when he hangs about 1.5 meters from the ground I say:"See my point!"

Ushgarak
"Hey!" he says. "Let me GO. What the hell do you think you are doing? This place is under MY jurisidction on the orders of the Senate! What exactly can this man do in his SHIP, anyway?"

The trafiic controller starts reading off from an offiical list, asking Galder for details of his supposes pirate attack.

"I'm not sure where they attacked me, but probably near the edge of the system. Their ships were painted red, maybe the Red Lance pirates. They probably mistook me for a wanted man, for I have nothing valuable onboard. My cargo is just me and my good friend, Taruk. Like I said, I was on the edge of the system, and was not going to be coming to Tartarus until I was attacked, and Tartarus seemed to be the closest friendly planet on my star charts. My ship is armed, so I got away with fire power and speed. I was hit on the way out and my hyperdrive needs repairs, which I can do myself. I've been flying at sublight speeds for four days."

Fire
"on his ship, he can do very lil' it is what can he do once he gets out, you really do not want to know that my dear captain so let me handel this, he is NOT who he says he is. Should you really want to know, he is a dark jedi, I assumed he would turn up here, I just didnt expect him to turn up so soon. it is unfortunate but it is for the good of this planet which YOU need to protect that you let ME take him prisonner"

Ushgarak
(Galder isn't a Dark Jedi)

"If he was as dangerous as you say he would rule the Galaxy by now," says Pheron." I have more than enough forces to take care of him. He will be secured on his ship and his weapons confiscated. If he resists he will simply be shot down."

Traffic control is picking holes in Galder's story.

"What were you doing out of hyperspace on the edge of this system in the first place? Why do you make reference to a pirate atack that none of our sensors picked up? And your ship appears to be undamaged. This area is under military jurisdiction. Stand down and prepare to be boarded."

"This is Kil Banar to military outpost! Look, my hyperdrive is faulty and my ship is a piece of junk and shudders from time to time. It sure felt like I was hit. And I swear I saw ships! Maybe YOUR equipment is faulty as well! Or they were using cloaking devices to evade scanners! I don't want to give you any trouble so just give me permission to land."

Fire
"Your men will all die captain do you want their blood on your hands?"

LanceWindu
Lance begins the descent to the designated landing pad.

He easily brings it in with a perfect land.

He checks his belt to make sure his lightsaber is safely clipped near his hip, then he looks over to Sieri.

"Ready?" he asks.

Ushgarak
"Don't be so ridiculous!" says Pheron. "Unless he wants to commit suicide he can't do a damn thing! He is defenceless in that fighter!"

At this point all the lights and power go out.

-

Lance, you are VERY worried about the suspicious non-appearnce of the weapons that should have been firing at you. They locked on but then... nothing.

LanceWindu
"I have a bad feeling about this." Lance muttered to himself.

He then stepped to the hatch seperating him from the assassins outside in the city.

Ushgarak
(Julie decided to land way away from any civilisation- not that she could FIND any!)

You have landed in a forest. This feels like a forest on a completely uncivilised world.

LanceWindu
"Now I wonder where we can find whoever we need to find to help us."

Ushgarak
Good question. Your scans of this planet showed no sign of major civilisation whatsoever- just the odd sotne building. Still, one of those buildings was at the edge of this forest, about ten miles away.

Fire
"yea defenceless ah? I woudln't be too sure if I were you but fine so be it"
I go stand close to mah and whisper: "now is our chance to get to the civilian part of town, if they want to die fine, we will meet with galder later , now atleast we know he is here let's go"

mah
(so pheron is not observing us now?)

Ushgarak
I like the way you guys seem shocked the the whole base just suffered a complete systems failure. Marcus, Pheron isn't listening to anything you say because he is trying to find out what just happened.

(Fire, I do not know what you were worried about. Rex WAS defenceless in his ship; Pheron was absolutely right. Incidentally, if your attitude continues to be "If they want to die, fine" then you cannot reasonably continue to be a Jedi)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>