Fate vs Magik (Illyana)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://www.comicvine.com/fate/29-6577/

vs

http://www.comicvine.com/illyana-rasputin/29-8303/

guy222
does magik have the soulsword

Prep-Man
Both have their weapons, but I'm not sure the sword would do anything to Fate. I'm just guessing.

Warlord
the sword was able to disrupt all magic...I don't see why Fate would be unafected

Q99
Fate's immune to all magic. So, is he immune to magic that disrupts magic? smile

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Fate's immune to all magic. So, is he immune to magic that disrupts magic? smile

I haven't been following Fate recently. Aren't his foes magic beings?
if he is totally immune to magic then his comics won't be any fun...wink
Anyway the soulsword "dispells" any kind of magic...even magic that provides magic immunity...LOL

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
I haven't been following Fate recently. Aren't his foes magic beings?
if he is totally immune to magic then his comics won't be any fun...wink
Anyway the soulsword "dispells" any kind of magic...even magic that provides magic immunity...LOL

Fate was around in the 90s. Note the lack of 'Dr'. For awhile Dr. Fate's stuff was reforged into a new form, and then when Fate finally died (killed physically at the very beginning of the JSA series) they reformed into the traditional helmet and such.

Ah, but the dispelling effect is magic, which logically wouldn't work. He's immune to *all* magic, including magic that dispels other magic!

Prep-Man
Yeah, Fate is a hard character to make a thread for. Like Black Alice. Ah, well.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Fate was around in the 90s. Note the lack of 'Dr'. For awhile Dr. Fate's stuff was reforged into a new form, and then when Fate finally died (killed physically at the very beginning of the JSA series) they reformed into the traditional helmet and such.

Thanks for the update...

Ah, but the dispelling effect is magic, which logically wouldn't work. He's immune to *all* magic, including magic that dispels other magic!

yes but his immunity to all magic comes from a magic source wich the sword should dispell since it dispells all magic!!!
mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.