JLA free for all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
So a fight broke out amongst the members of the original JLA. Who do you think will first be that last two standing and out of those two, who do you think will come off the victor.

Superman

Batman (already with knowledge on how to each of them down b/c he knew a day like this was coming.

Flash

Martian Manhunter

Wonder Woman

Mindset
MM

BlackZero30x
MM shuts everyones minds down takes the win then forces them to bring him the worlds largest oreo's and glas of milk

Desaad
Batman, if he knew they were all coming. He's already figured out how to take them all down. Kryptonite against Superman, Vibrating bullet against Flash, Fire against Martian Manhunter, and probably any number of things against Wonder Woman.

Then again, I would imagine in a free for all situation they would all know to take him down first. When Hal Jordan took down the Justice League, it made it clear that Batman would be the most dangerous .

Lord Feron
So like Batman is fully prepped before he goes into the arena? At starting distances from eachother. There is no way batman is going to do shit to anyone. Also if everyone is going to attack batman 1st well Supes or MM just frys batman's ass with a look.

IMO MM wins a battle royal. Possibly Flash to.

xJLxKing
Batman and Superman. Batman should win unless there is no CIS

Q99
Quite frankly, his method against WW in Tower of Babel sucked. I think it was easily the worst method of the lot.

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
MM shuts everyones minds down takes the win then forces them to bring him the worlds largest oreo's and glas of milk

'Cept for WW, who's safe from that.

I would think Diana'd have a good chance, since she's a bit less obvious of a gang-up target than Superman, quite good at taking out multiple foes at once, and has no easy KO method.

I wouldn't think any two would consistently get to the finals. Sometimes it'd be Clark and Di, other times one of those two and J'onn, sometimes it'd be Bruce and someone else... which is one of the nice things about the JLA. They're such a balanced team.

As a side note, I think Flash is the only one of these five who hasn't taken out the rest of the league solo. He's a slacker smile

Desaad
Originally posted by Q99
Quite frankly, his method against WW in Tower of Babel sucked. I think it was easily the worst method of the lot.

I liked it because it highlighted something about the character of Wonder Woman herself, rather than just about her powers. They all did, which in some ways was a weakness of the logic -- Batman created ways to exploit weaknesses in the PYSCHOLOGIES of the characters rather than their powers, which would have been useless or much less effective in the case of possession or mind control or just turning evil. Red Kryptonite is nice, but if it makes Superman far more powerful and he's evil/mind controlled/possessed, he's going to do far more damage. Only a good Superman would do everything in his power to restrain himself, and what is the point of taking down a good Superman?

It would have been good had the plans been thought up by a VILLAIN, but not Batman.

But again, in terms of pure character exposition, I liked the statement it made about Diana.

No, she's only demonstrated that kind of telepathic immunity from Max Lord and Dr. Psycho. She's been messed with by a number of telepaths, including the Shark and J'onn Jonnz/Fernus.

Superman has a similarly variable resistance to telepathy -- at times he's resisting Eon and Brainiac, at other he's getting controlled by Nudge.

Guy took out the Anti Monitor solo, so I think he's done his part. smile

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Q99
'Cept for WW, who's safe from that.

I would think Diana'd have a good chance, since she's a bit less obvious of a gang-up target than Superman, quite good at taking out multiple foes at once, and has no easy KO method.

ok let assume that Wonder Women could not be taken by his telepathy then in terms of power im very certain that MM would beat her in a straight out fight because IMO MM has far more raw power then her...(not dissing WW because i believe she is very strong...i just believe him to be stronger....possibly even more so then Superman)

Originally posted by Desaad

batman knocked guy on his but sooooo...batman's>>>>>>then the Aniti Monitor lmao! i was joking...

........maybe

Blanket
Everyone's in agreeance that Batman wins.

Q99
It was psychologically interesting, but in terms of effectiveness, I'm not sure if it'd ever work in actually stopping her. Just how long was it expecting to make her fight in the mental construct to have a heart attack? Endurance of Gaia and a healing factor! Plus it required getting a projectile hit, and she has a better record against those than Flash even.

Eventually the thing would run out of batteries before she was actually killed, I'd figure.

She's had an anti-telepathy upgrade since Fernus, plus Fernus has a lot more power than normal J'onn and caught her when she wasn't using her lasso which can be used to break even really really powerful telepaths. If she wraps herself in it, she's pretty darn set.

ok let assume that Wonder Women could not be taken by his telepathy then in terms of power im very certain that MM would beat her in a straight out fight because IMO MM has far more raw power then her...(not dissing WW because i believe she is very strong...i just believe him to be stronger....possibly even more so then Superman)

WW's been called the second-strongest in the league. J'onn's at most tied, but at one point Batman said only Superman could stop a rogue Diana... and he said this with J'onn in the room.

He can use his shapeshifting to amp his strength (bigger arms, more muscles), granted, and temporarily become stronger, but MM has generally been shown to have less endurance than Clark and Di and I think Wonder Woman would take him a solid majority.

Konton
I liked it because it highlighted something about the character of Wonder Woman herself, rather than just about her powers. They all did, which in some ways was a weakness of the logic -- Batman created ways to exploit weaknesses in the PYSCHOLOGIES of the characters rather than their powers, which would have been useless or much less effective in the case of possession or mind control or just turning evil. Red Kryptonite is nice, but if it makes Superman far more powerful and he's evil/mind controlled/possessed, he's going to do far more damage. Only a good Superman would do everything in his power to restrain himself, and what is the point of taking down a good Superman?

It would have been good had the plans been thought up by a VILLAIN, but not Batman.

But again, in terms of pure character exposition, I liked the statement it made about Diana.

No, she's only demonstrated that kind of telepathic immunity from Max Lord and Dr. Psycho. She's been messed with by a number of telepaths, including the Shark and J'onn Jonnz/Fernus.

Superman has a similarly variable resistance to telepathy -- at times he's resisting Eon and Brainiac, at other he's getting controlled by Nudge.

Diana has been consistently shown immune to telepathy since her Eye of Pallas upgrade.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Blanket
Everyone's in agreeance that Batman wins. i dont agree

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Q99

WW's been called the second-strongest in the league. J'onn's at most tied, but at one point Batman said only Superman could stop a rogue Diana... and he said this with J'onn in the room.

He can use his shapeshifting to amp his strength (bigger arms, more muscles), granted, and temporarily become stronger, but MM has generally been shown to have less endurance than Clark and Di and I think Wonder Woman would take him a solid majority.

so a guy that can become essentially "untouchable" has less endurance?.....

lol that was kinda a joke kinda not.....

i honestly think he could take her......i mean lets say he puts his hand through her chest and pulls out her heart.....then what....could she handle that? and thats not me being a jerk im seriously asking that.....

Black bolt z
Supes or MM wins.

Sasaraixx
This team is too well balanced. Anyone of them could come out on tops. There are scenarios where each could defeat the other. So many in fact, that I really couldn't pick one person.

What I will say is that I think there would be some patterns. As Q99 said, I think Superman is the most likely to face a double or triple team. I also think that Diana would go after Bruce first, more often than not. I think he might be inclined to do the same to her as well.

Q99
so a guy that can become essentially "untouchable" has less endurance?.....

Yes. Note how whenever he busts out all his powers in a row, he's often tired after he's finished (like the JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare where he psychic blasts a whole rival team. He's exhausted after).

When he's going in for a long fight, though, he mostly sticks to the physical.

So it's often a case of "he can fight like a brick and keep going for awhile, or he can burn his strength by using all his extra powers where he better win fast or he'll be in trouble." Which makes him more versatile, but that is as far as I can tell why he doesn't dominate compared to the other bricks.

I've never seen him do that kind of thing with his phasing. Pass through someone, sure, but his phasing is more often than not full body.

Also in Diana's case, her lasso has snagged intangible people before.

Slaanesh
Flash probably win this..Batman is the first to die..without PIS..he's pretty much useless..he doesn't belong here..

Q99
I don't see Flash winning. Too fragile if he's hit. Diana's taken him out on quite a few occasions.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
I don't see Flash winning. Too fragile if he's hit. Diana's taken him out on quite a few occasions.

he can turn intangible..he's way to fast for any of them..Diana can never beat him in a forum fight..

Q99
Originally posted by Slaanesh
he can turn intangible..he's way to fast for any of them..Diana can never beat him in a forum fight..

There's three people here with superspeed, and she's tagged him when he's going at full... he's not intangible when he's hitting.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
There's three people here with superspeed, and she's tagged him when he's going at full... he's not intangible when he's hitting.

and Batman makes Darkseid bleed..it happen in comic..u wanna use that to??no one in JSA is anywhere near his speed..at full speed..none of them can even react to him..he can just IMP them one by one..

Warlord
PIS/CIS banned, Flash or Jonn should win

Q99
The opening post didn't say CIS/PIS off.

Warlord
Batman then....sneer

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Q99

Fernus has a lot more power than normal J'onn

I don't give care about anything ese in this thread, but this statement is 100% bullshit.

Warlord
I agree...people tend to believe that, while Fernus only was a non pacifist Jonn

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Warlord
I agree...people tend to believe that, while Fernus only was a non pacifist Jonn

A non-pacifist, WEAKER Jonn.

When they went one-on-one, Jonn literally vaporised him for christ sakes.

Not to mention all the global telepathy feats (Mind raping the Joker and all the Arkham inmates at once) were specifically stated to be Jonns work.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
The opening post didn't say CIS/PIS off.

PIS is always off..

Mshinu
Batman presses the IWIN button he always carries in his belt.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mshinu
Batman presses the IWIN button he always carries in his belt.

that must be Banner's belt then big grin

Mshinu
Originally posted by Lord Feron
that must be Banner's belt then big grin

Rotten thief. Seems Batman`s exclusive patent is not recognized in Marvel.

Q99
I don't believe that. J'onn *never* uses his powers to that extent.

Fernus was able to mind-lock the JLA for extended periods without paying much attention while also being more giant than J'onn ever did. J'onn has gotten tired after using his powers offensively on quite a few occasions, and pretty much always has to concentrate on at least the psychics. He was using invisibility and superspeed and telepathy and some phasing at the same time on his first attack on the team. While, least we forget, psychically containing our J'onn.

When he wasn't on fire, maybe they were equal, but I think the fire empowered him significantly. Normal J'onn may be able to do that stuff but he's never shown the energy to do all that much at once for extended periods before or since.

He used all his powers at full bore constantly without being tired in the slightest. Til Torch turned him off and he was reduced to normal martian level.

I'm not saying anything against normal J'onn, mind you, just the ability to operate with apparently *no* energy cap in the slightest nor even apparently the need to focus no matter what he did kicked him up into another league entirely.

J'onn's top tier. Fernus is a beast beyond that.

At the time they didn't know there was a Fernus personality. We saw J'onn's real mind was locked up within him.

Martian_mind
Jonn eclipsed Fernus once he was able to get close, and the fire empowering Fernus is pure speculation.

Telepathically speaking, Fernus was unable to effect Plasticmans mind. Jonn has done so on MANY occasions during Plastics time in the JLA without any issues. White martians also managed to read Plastics mind. It was Jonn who mind raped the entire planet in that saga, without showing any signs of strains over the exertion. You must also factor in, that since the Keys appearence in Grant Morrisons JLA, Jonn was ALWAYS suppressing his telepathic powers.When jonn went AWOL in infinite crisis, the DCU's entire astral plain went down the shitter. Jonn was CONSTANTLY suprressing an immensely powerful telepath and still operating at Superman level, to say he has lower endurance then Supes and Wondy is suspect to argument, any specific examples?

Then you have the other powers. White martians have one-shotted Plasticman with martian vision before, yet furnace wasn't even able to scratch him. White martians and Malefic were able to out-shapeshift Plastic as well. The only advantage a Burning martian has ever shown is an immunity to fire and incredible savagery. The one time it fought another Martian sans fire weakness, it was destroyed.

Burning Martian = pussy martian with immunity to fire and intent to kill.
Jonn= Awesomeness personified.

Warlord
Originally posted by Martian_mind

very true

Johnny Sorrow
Batman, if he knew they were all coming. He's already figured out how to take them all down. Kryptonite against Superman, Vibrating bullet against Flash, Fire against Martian Manhunter, and probably any number of things against Wonder Woman.

Then again, I would imagine in a free for all situation they would all know to take him down first. When Hal Jordan took down the Justice League, it made it clear that Batman would be the most dangerous .

The writers tried to play up Batman's intelligence and ended up making him seem a bit retarded. His plan to stop the world's fastest man was to shoot him with a special bullet? The whole thing would have fallen apart if Flash just ducked his head. And the other weaknesses are kind of obvious, not to mention MM already overcame his psychological fear of fire (not that the writers ever bothered to pay attention to that).

Anyway, Manhunter can just phase down through the floor and let the other three duke it out.

Q99
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn eclipsed Fernus once he was able to get close, and the fire empowering Fernus is pure speculation.

Telepathically speaking, Fernus was unable to effect Plasticmans mind. Jonn has done so on MANY occasions during Plastics time in the JLA without any issues. White martians also managed to read Plastics mind. It was Jonn who mind raped the entire planet in that saga, without showing any signs of strains over the exertion. You must also factor in, that since the Keys appearence in Grant Morrisons JLA, Jonn was ALWAYS suppressing his telepathic powers.When jonn went AWOL in infinite crisis, the DCU's entire astral plain went down the shitter. Jonn was CONSTANTLY suprressing an immensely powerful telepath and still operating at Superman level, to say he has lower endurance then Supes and Wondy is suspect to argument, any specific examples?

Then you have the other powers. White martians have one-shotted Plasticman with martian vision before, yet furnace wasn't even able to scratch him. White martians and Malefic were able to out-shapeshift Plastic as well. The only advantage a Burning martian has ever shown is an immunity to fire and incredible savagery. The one time it fought another Martian sans fire weakness, it was destroyed.

Burning Martian = pussy martian with immunity to fire and intent to kill.

Plastic Man was shown as far stronger than ever before- Batman was talking about his mind made him immune to telepathy period.

And we know that J'onn's personality had been locked up by Fernus- he couldn't have done those uber telepathic feats, we were shown he was out of action and it was Fernus pretending to be J'onn.

And there's still the "telepathically could contain the entire team while clearly Fernus, physically beat up the other team, used most of his powers on a level he never had before without ever needing a break," stuff.

Martian_mind
It was said that Fernus was in control ONLY after Jonn's interaction with Luthor at the Whitehouse, everything else was Jonn.

Batman never states that it's an event that recently occured, nor have we seen any other telepath fail to mindrape Plas recently. Thus far, it's a one-off incident.

"Use his powers in ways he never has before". Right, because it's not like Jonn has used his shapeshifting to manhandle the entire league at once. Except the time he, you know, did. Fernus grew to roughly the same size as Jonn did in his battle with Antares, while also showing an inferioty to Plastics shapeshifting which no other Martian has ever showed.

I'd really like examples of Jonns supposed inferior endurance or Fernus's amazing power boosts. Fernus took time to wear down the league, Jonn has mindwiped them in less then a second.

Q99
It was at the very least after he'd lost the fire weakness. Going Burning provided a power boost, and he was under it's effect at the time.

Plastic Man showed levels of power he never had before during that scene, he'd been doing a lot more than his past ever since Obsidian Age and Batman talking him up constantly. Don't confuse Plas becoming a lot more powerful with Fernus being weaker.

And I'd like an example of him using telepathy, constant superspeed, invisibility, and phasing all simultaneously in a prolonged fight before.

Or of him taking out the entire league telepathically.

I'm curious how one could look at Trial By Fire and even get the impression that that was the same level as normal J'onn.

Black Lantern J'onn was held off by Flash and GL and that form can't even die, Fernus fought Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman without even slowing down. Fernus was doing Doomsday-level beat downs.

Lesse, J'onn was visibly tired after mind-blasting Known Man's gang in JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare.

J'onn was pretty roughed up after holding off Asmodel in Zauriel's entry story, when Superman was holding him off just fine.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Q99
It was at the very least after he'd lost the fire weakness. Going Burning provided a power boost, and he was under it's effect at the time.

Plastic Man showed levels of power he never had before during that scene, he'd been doing a lot more than his past ever since Obsidian Age and Batman talking him up constantly. Don't confuse Plas becoming a lot more powerful with Fernus being weaker.

And I'd like an example of him using telepathy, constant superspeed, invisibility, and phasing all simultaneously in a prolonged fight before.

Or of him taking out the entire league telepathically.

I'm curious how one could look at Trial By Fire and even get the impression that that was the same level as normal J'onn.

Black Lantern J'onn was held off by Flash and GL and that form can't even die, Fernus fought Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman without even slowing down. Fernus was doing Doomsday-level beat downs.

Lesse, J'onn was visibly tired after mind-blasting Known Man's gang in JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare.

J'onn was pretty roughed up after holding off Asmodel in Zauriel's entry story, when Superman was holding him off just fine.

No, It was definitively after Jonn went to the whitehouse with Luthor. Jonn himself says it, there's no edge room. The most impressive Telepathic feats of the arc were all Jonn.

Plastic has NEVER looked as good as he did in that scene in his entire history. It wasn't Plastic getting more powerful, it was a one-time upgrade. That aside, Fernus was contained by a Green Lantern construct, and held away by Faiths shield. Jonn has been able to escape Green Lantern constructs before, and beend depicted as capable of phasing through Wonder Womans lasso pre-upgrade, So phasing is another area where Jonn is Fernus's superior.

Jonn fought virtually every supervillian on earth and was curbstomping them until they used fire in Salvation run. After that, he was locked in a flaming cage for WEEKS, before being tranqued with flaming darts. He then had a FLAMING ****ING SPEAR put through his chest, and proceeded to mindrape an entire room of supervillains, one of whom was Gorilla Grodd for christ sakes. He then got his chest ripped open, and still knocked Superman screaming from the sky with telepathy. Fernus never showed any comparable telepathic feats.

Lets see. Jonn fought 3 White Martians in rapid succession, using phasing, eyebeams,telepathy ,invisibilty and Superspeed in his recent mini. He was blitzed by Flash and chepshotted by Orion in his old ongoing and then still manhandled the league via shapeshifting. Fernus is weaker then a Jonn who's taken off the kiddy gloves, the fact that Jonn tore his ass apart on a molecular level says as much. I don't understand how anyone with knowledge of Jonn's capabilities could say otherwise.

Oh, and with the Zauriel thing, reread the ****ing book. Jonn faced Asmodel on his own for FAR longer then Superman.

aztec
Batman will be the first to day. There is no way he could outhink a speedster. He won't react fast enough to stop the Flash, or anyone else from speedblitzing. As for the winner, its a toss up. They know each other very well. They will each take out, who they believe is their greatest threat. I can see the Martian, Supes and Wondy triple team the Flash. Then its an all out war between the three of them.

abhilegend
Bump.

-Pr-
Why?

Also, Aquaman was in the original team. Wtf.

Odekahn
Superman would win.

carver9
Martian Manhunter.

Odekahn
Oh and it would come down to Supes and Flash...

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Oh and it would come down to Supes and Flash...

That's your opinion.

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
That's your opinion.

Duh. I just said it.

carver9
Duh. I just said it.

But using your style of debating, Flash should win 10/10.

Odekahn
But using your style of debating, Flash should win 10/10.

You're wrong. If you were right, I wouldn't give Superman the win over Flash within this fight. Guess you don't know my "style" after all.

carver9
You're wrong. If you were right, I wouldn't give Superman the win over Flash within this fight.

Ok, let me reword what I said. Using your style of debate when going against ... Flash should stomp without getting touched. He can run on air, the fastest being here BY FAR, infinite mass punch along with the ability to snatch anyone's heart out in this fight. Using "your" style of debating, he wins this before the fight even starts, Krono buster.

-Pr-
And Carver picked J'onn because he had to pick someone other than Superman.

Jynocidus
Flash

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
And Carver picked J'onn because he had to pick someone other than Superman.

WTF...how much DC has been hyping Superman, I dont have a choice but to acknowledge the character power. I'm choosing Manhunter for obvious reasons. Superman and Manhunter has fought 3 times to my knowledge and none of them went in Superman favor. Until a full fight is displayed between the two, I'm going with the Martian.

JayDaDon
Cis on, Supes should win. Cis off, maybe still supes, if not him then Flash definitely.

dial J for Josh
If Hal was in this free for all okekahn would say he stomps because according to him Hal is above every herald in comics.

Odekahn
Ok, let me reword what I said. Using your style of debate when going against ... Flash should stomp without getting touched. He can run on air, the fastest being here BY FAR, infinite mass punch along with the ability to snatch anyone's heart out in this fight. Using "your" style of debating, he wins this before the fight even starts, Krono buster.

You're right, he is the fastest. But there's more than two people in this fight. And Superman has tagged Flash mid blitz before.

What's a Krono buster?

Odekahn
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
If Hal was in this free for all okekahn would say he stomps because according to him Hal is above every herald in comics.

Quote where I said Hal is above every herald?

And if Hal was here, Superman would still win.

-Pr-
WTF...how much DC has been hyping Superman, I dont have a choice but to acknowledge the character power. I'm choosing Manhunter for obvious reasons. Superman and Manhunter has fought 3 times to my knowledge and none of them went in Superman favor. Until a full fight is displayed between the two, I'm going with the Martian.

What knowledge?

carver9
You're right, he is the fastest. But there's more than two people in this fight. And Superman has tagged Flash mid blitz before.

What's a Krono buster?

Superman isn't close to Flash in speed and a lot of people have tagged Flash during mid blitz.

carver9
What knowledge?

My knowledge.

-Pr-
My knowledge.

What knowledge?

carver9
Hater.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh

Lol... thumb up

Odekahn
Superman isn't close to Flash in speed and a lot of people have tagged Flash during mid blitz.

In this instance, the scene in question wasn't a low showing for Flash, it was a speed feat for Superman. Superman has shown a lot of the same type of speed feats as the Flashes (vibrating through objects, speaking in speed force talk, etc.) The context made it quite obvious that Flash was much faster, but Superman was able to mentally keep up with where Barry was and time a strike. But yes, of course Flash is faster. He still doesn't win this fight in the end though. However, that has more to do with the other people in the fight rather than Superman.

-Pr-
Hater.

Who did I hate, exactly?

Mindset
Superman.

carver9
In this instance, the scene in question wasn't a low showing for Flash, it was a speed feat for Superman. Superman has shown a lot of the same type of speed feats as the Flashes (vibrating through objects, speaking in speed force talk, etc.) The context made it quite obvious that Flash was much faster, but Superman was able to mentally keep up with where Barry was and time a strike. But yes, of course Flash is faster. He still doesn't win this fight in the end though. However, that has more to do with the other people in the fight rather than Superman.

You don't know if its PIS or not. Its not up to you to decide this. Flash is by far the fastest opponent on the field, BY FAR. If Flash wants to end all of them, he can.

I don't think a Blind Wonder Woman blitzing Zoom is PIS but there are a majority that think otherwise. Just stop, please just stop.

Badabing
Why are you stalking Carver?Originally posted by -Pr-
Who did I hate, exactly? Carver.

abhilegend
What three times? Are you quoting citizenbane now? Also superman could simply create a fire and knock out manjobber.

http://s6.postimg.org/tas2i8m7l/JLA_21_pg06.jpg

Odekahn
You don't know if its PIS or not. Its not up to you to decide this. Flash is by far the fastest opponent on the field, BY FAR. If Flash wants to end all of them, he can.

I don't think a Blind Wonder Woman blitzing Zoom is PIS but there are a majority that think otherwise. Just stop, please just stop.

It's up to me to "decide" when making the decision regarding my opinion, which is what I'm sharing anytime I make a post, so yes, what I say is up to me. If you want to claim its PiS because you don't like the feat, that's your problem because it's not up to you to decide (overall) either. Regardless, the feat exists and it was during the introduction of the JL where one of the ongoing topics was character's power levels. It was clearly evident that Flash was faster, but not so much so that Superman couldn't mentally keep up and strategize accordingly.

bluewaterrider
Ban him, Badabing!

Teach that lousy mod a lesson!

Badabing
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Ban him, Badabing!

Teach that lousy mod a lesson! Yes he does. durhulk

carver9
It's up to me to "decide" when making the decision regarding my opinion, which is what I'm sharing anytime I make a post, so yes, what I say is up to me. If you want to claim its PiS because you don't like the feat, that's your problem because it's not up to you to decide (overall) either. Regardless, the feat exists and it was during the introduction of the JL where one of the ongoing topics was character's power levels. It was clearly evident that Flash was faster, but not so much so that Superman couldn't mentally keep up and strategize accordingly.

Post the scene you are talking about.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
What three times? Are you quoting citizenbane now? Also superman could simply create a fire and knock out manjobber.

http://s6.postimg.org/tas2i8m7l/JLA_21_pg06.jpg

Not familiar with this scene. Is this Reboot?

abhilegend
Not familiar with this scene. Is this Reboot?
No, the costume should've give you an idea what it was.

carver9
No, the costume should've give you an idea what it was.

I'm talking about Reboot.

abhilegend
Why?

Odekahn
Post the scene you are talking about.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/uOwC9.jpg

carver9
Odekahn...

Post the scene before that and explain why Superman couldn't tag Flash.

carver9
Why?

Because we use current characters.

Odekahn
Odekahn...

Post the scene before that and explain why Superman couldn't tag Flash.

It's irrelevant to the point that he tagged him mid blitz. If you have a counter point, then you post it and make it. Superman has a direct on panel speed feat of tagging the Flash. Tell me what I'm taking out of context.

carver9
It's irrelevant to the point that he tagged him mid blitz. If you have a counter point, then you post it and make it. Superman has a direct on panel speed feat of tagging the Flash. Tell me what I'm taking out of context.

He tagged a Flash that wasng moving. Now again, what makes this showing any different than anyone else tagging Flash? You can't discount others while accepting one. It doesn't work like that. Then I want you to prove that Flash was going his top speed.

Odekahn
He tagged a Flash that wasng moving. Now again, what makes this showing any different than anyone else tagging Flash? You can't discount others while accepting one. It doesn't work like that. Then I want you to prove that Flash was going his top speed.

Wasn't moving? He was blitzing Superman and was surprised at Clark's speed, he didn't stop. He got caught.

So what, you think Flash went from speeding to standing still, waiting (and intentionally not dodging) Superman's attack? The dialogue says otherwise. (Not to mention that would be retarded)

Sure, I will prove Flash was going his top speed when you prove that Superman was going his.

It's not a low showing for Flash, it's an incredible speed feat for Superman.

You just don't like it because you're arguing for the opposition.

DarkSaint85
Martian man hunter wins this.

Delta1938

.....this thread was made in 2010. Do the rules mean we change the versions for threads made before the reboot?

abhilegend
Threads made after the rule.

-Pr-
Even if it wasn't, is heat vision somehow different from pre reboot that it can't start a ****ing fire?

Originally posted by Badabing
Why are you stalking Carver? Carver.

carver lover.

carver9
Threads made after the rule.

It doesn't matter though...we use the most recent characters unless stated otherwise by the OP.

carver9
Wasn't moving? He was blitzing Superman and was surprised at Clark's speed, he didn't stop. He got caught.

So what, you think Flash went from speeding to standing still, waiting (and intentionally not dodging) Superman's attack? The dialogue says otherwise. (Not to mention that would be retarded)

Sure, I will prove Flash was going his top speed when you prove that Superman was going his.

It's not a low showing for Flash, it's an incredible speed feat for Superman.

You just don't like it because you're arguing for the opposition.

Odekahn..

I'm not getting into this prolong debate against you that leads to us going back and forth. Flash is faster, he has the potential to win this in a stomp fashion.

DarkSaint85
Odekahn..

I'm not getting into this prolong debate against you that leads to us going back and forth. Flash is faster, he has the potential to win this in a stomp fashion.

Potential, yes.

I'm sticking with DCnU Martian Manhunter. This one scan reinforces my belief that you're wrong. Poor Flash, needs Batman to hold him up evil face :

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59855/2302968-justiceleague_8_thegroup_022.jpg

abhilegend
It doesn't matter though...we use the most recent characters unless stated otherwise by the OP.
Who died and made you the mod?

Odekahn
Odekahn..

I never said Flash wasn't faster. I said Superman has a direct speed feat showing him capable of tagging Flash mid blitz. There's nothing prolonged about it. It's simple and direct.

And I can't say I blame you, I wouldn't want to continue if I were arguing from your position either.

-Pr-
The op made the thread in preboot era. So the thread is the preboot era, unless everyone wants to shift it forward some.

Delta1938

Who died and made you the mod?

The op made the thread in preboot era. So the thread is the preboot era, unless everyone wants to shift it forward some.

Abhi and Pr gave Carver the DP. The sexual tension is why the three hate each other.

Delta1938
Anyways, Superman without going all-out insane(or however the thread starter put it) has given the entire JLA trouble or matched/beaten opponents giving the rest of the JLA trouble/beating them numerous times. Superman's one-shot Top-Tiers and Above Top-Tiers with relative to great ease, and I'd say he's the one who comes-out on top. I'd give him the odds even if they gang-up on him, but if it is a free-for-all the whole way through? I almost can't see him losing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.