comics strength levels vs real life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinio
damn i was thinking for a minute and i realized that an athletic level in marvel is someone who trains every single day and can lift at least twice his own freakin weight i mean how many of you can lift twice there own body weight and in marvel the definition of lifting something is lift it over your head and hold it so that means if you go to the gym and train you will still be below athletic standards in marvel wtf?

then you got the ordenery human strength which is someone who can lift his own body weight which is more reasnible only guess what? people like mary freakin jane is considered a regular human strength which means you are as strong as mary jane ....man if you were at the marvel world you would be a total b!tch i tell you , you would try to go out with mary jane and she be like naha you modafacka i can lift more then you GTFO b!tch that sucks sad

xJLxKing
If you do a pull up, you can pick up your own weight. There are different ways of picking up weights.

I never tried lifting anything above 50 pounds like this
http://images.clipartof.com/small/15259-Strong-Man-Lifting-Heavy-Barbell-Weights-Above-His-Head-In-A-Fitness-Gym-Clipart-Illustration-Image.jpg

But I can do pull up with 45lbs extra on my legs. I do think the standard is high but it's comic.

PS, my friend benches nearly 2x his own weight

Lord Feron
Yeah comics just exaggerate stuff but thats half the fun. I would say the best this world has ever offered. LIke im talking about the best fighters of human kind could probably not do half the shit Captain America or Black Panther does.

jinio
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If you do a pull up, you can pick up your own weight. There are different ways of picking up weights.

I never tried lifting anything above 50 pounds like this
http://images.clipartof.com/small/15259-Strong-Man-Lifting-Heavy-Barbell-Weights-Above-His-Head-In-A-Fitness-Gym-Clipart-Illustration-Image.jpg

But I can do pull up with 45lbs extra on my legs. I do think the standard is high but it's comic.

PS, my friend benches nearly 2x his own weight

bench pressing and lifting over your head are 2 different things bench pressing is much easier you dont have to fight the gravity as much as with lifting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.