Doctor Doom Vs Lex Luthor In A Game Of Chess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big o
Doom has the black peices and lex has the white ones
who wins?

JakeTheBank
Doom wins.

Johnny Sorrow
Always saw Lex as more of a blackjack player.

Black bolt z
Been done b4.
Doom is smarter but I see lex as more of a strategist.I'm going to have to say lex.

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Been done b4.
Doom is smarter but I see lex as more of a strategist.I'm going to have to say lex. He's not.

janus77
Doom wins, and with some ease.

Tattoos N Scars
Lex would win...he'd find a way to cheat

janus77
knocking the board over is Lex's only chance at avoiding certain defeat.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by janus77
knocking the board over is Lex's only chance at avoiding certain defeat. Dooms armor would probably smash all his pieces on accident.

janus77
Dooms armor would probably smash all his pieces on accident.
that's a perfectly legitimate move in Chess, Kasparov did it to Short in 1998.

Black bolt z
that's a perfectly legitimate move in Chess, Kasparov did it to Short in 1998. laughing out loud
How much does dooms armor weigh?

Tattoos N Scars
Lex probably has a hidden camera on his person...with Reed Richards telling him every move to make via Lex's hidden ear piece.

janus77
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Lex probably has a hidden camera on his person...with Reed Richards telling him every move to make via Lex's hidden ear piece.
Doom anticipated such a move and sent Sue a gift box from Victoria's Secret and a big selection of edible paints... Reed is going to be somewhat distracted.

janus77
laughing out loud
How much does dooms armor weigh?
it's as light as a feather ... made of lead or something confused

Black bolt z
Doom anticipated such a move and sent Sue a gift box from Victoria's Secret and a big selection of edible paints... Reed is going to be somewhat distracted. edible paints?

janus77
edible paints?
can't say any more, you're a minor and this might be construed as grooming yes

Tattoos N Scars
Doom anticipated such a move and sent Sue a gift box from Victoria's Secret and a big selection of edible paints... Reed is going to be somewhat distracted.

That's ok...Lex is also broadcasting to Thanos as a back up.

janus77
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
That's ok...Lex is also broadcasting to Thanos as a back up.
yeah and they don't call Thanos THE MAD TITAN for nothing, he decides that Lex should lose, so hands over the transmitter to Edifice Rex ... and CHECKMATE.

Tattoos N Scars
yeah and they don't call Thanos THE MAD TITAN for nothing, he decides that Lex should lose, so hands over the transmitter to Edifice Rex ... and CHECKMATE.

Thanos wouldn't do that. Lex made the initial agreement with lady Death because he knew Thanos might double-cross him. Thanos is bound to not screw Lex over.

Parmaniac
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7397/doomwar3paperpiratecps0.th.jpg

Black bolt z
laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7397/doomwar3paperpiratecps0.th.jpg

I'm not going to say that they're copying Darkseid's whole dealie in Countdown because the writers of Countdown by no means invented that motif but...yeah that looks a lot like what Darkseid was doing in Countdown, even down to a bunch of hero-shaped pieces knocked over.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm not going to say that they're copying Darkseid's whole dealie in Countdown because the writers of Countdown by no means invented that motif but...yeah that looks a lot like what Darkseid was doing in Countdown, even down to a bunch of hero-shaped pieces knocked over. To what are you exactly reffering, haven't read countdown.
Or do you just mean the cover?

Omega Vision
To what are you exactly reffering, haven't read countdown.
Or do you just mean the cover?
The cover. Countdown to Final Crisis was basically just a chess game between Darkseid and Solomon the Monitor. A chess game which Darkseid eventually won.

Blanket
The cover. Countdown to Final Crisis was basically just a chess game between Darkseid and Solomon the Monitor. A chess game which Darkseid eventually won. Countdown ripped off Dormammu's chess battle with Odin.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
Countdown ripped off Dormammu's chess battle with Odin.
Like I said, it was by no means a new idea. I'm sure the writers of that comic stole it from something older as well.

Blanket
Like I said, it was by no means a new idea. I'm sure the writers of that comic stole it from something older as well. K. But Countdown isn't exactly the most original ever, so I don't see why you'd point to Countdown.

The cover is pretty good though, as it highlights what Doom is doing in the series.

Omega Vision
K. But Countdown isn't exactly the most original ever, so I don't see why you'd point to Countdown.

The cover is pretty good though, as it highlights what Doom is doing in the series.
Darkseid's chess thingy in Countdown is the one I remember. I'm a Darkseid fanboy remember?

Blanket
Darkseid's chess thingy in Countdown is the one I remember. I'm a Darkseid fanboy remember? Oh ya. You're the Quanchi of Darkseid.

Parmaniac
My post was more or less meant as a joke, I would be heavily suprised if a cover like this wasn't used before (as you two already pointed out). The whole "chess metaphor" is as old as time itself.

Black bolt z
Oh ya. You're the Quanchi of Darkseid. Edit:I was going say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You beat me to that!
Besides quan is beyond fanboy.

Omega Vision
Oh ya. You're the Quanchi of Darkseid.
Except I'm self-aware and actually have some grasp of the character I love so much and his capabilities. stick out tongue

Black bolt z
Except I'm self-aware and actually have some grasp of the character I love so much and his capabilities. stick out tongue Yep.Quan's thanos has not limits.

Omega Vision
Yep.Quan's thanos has not limits.
His power is MAXIMUM. g_serious

Tattoos N Scars
Yep.Quan's thanos has not limits.

I remember only one instance where Quan said Thanos would lose. It was in the Thanos/IG vs Scathan thread.

Blanket
Doomwar is better than Countdown and has nothing to do with Countdown's premise.

Omega is a batshit crazy Darkseid fan rivaling Quan also.

Omega Vision
Doomwar is better than Countdown and has nothing to do with Countdown's premise.

Omega is a batshit crazy Darkseid fan rivaling Quan also.
Batshit crazy like a fox.

Black bolt z

Omega is a batshit crazy Darkseid fan rivaling Quan also. NO ONE rovals quan in fanboyism...

Blanket
NO ONE rovals quan in fanboyism... No one rovals Quan period.
Quan is unrovalable.

Omega Vision
No one rovals Quan period.
Quan is unrovalable.
Karl Rove rovaled him once. Quan immediately cried "not canon"

Blanket
Karl Rove rovaled him once. Quan immediately cried "not canon" Based on?

Omega Vision
Based on?
Pics. I'll upload them soon.

Blanket
You didn't disprove it at this very moment.

Never happened.

Omega Vision
You didn't disprove it at this very moment.

Never happened.
Foiled again.

Blanket
Foiled again. Imagine what Quan would have done to you.

Omega Vision
Imagine what Quan would have done to you.
True, he's the master and you're just his student in the art of the Quaneuver.

Black bolt z
Imagine what Quan would have done to you. Deep,dark,horrible things then make you switch to thanos religion.
Does no one roval quan?
Edit:Roval if acctually a real thing!
http://actionwheels.com/product-list/roval-wheels-pg430/
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

big o
on this site no one will ever disscus the subject at hand

JakeTheBank
I did.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doom wins.

smile

BattleMage
Anyone who thinks Lex would win is NUTS!

Dr Will Hatch
How many times had Doom played chess? Lex has a totally awesome chess feat in Red Son, where he mutitasks.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
How many times had Doom played chess? Lex has a totally awesome chess feat in Red Son, where he mutitasks. Many times.

Not the same Lex.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Many times.

Not the same Lex.
Red Son Lex was awesome, if only mainstream Post Crisis Luthor could be written like him.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by big o
on this site no one will ever disscus the subject at hand What kind of debate do you expect? Doom starts with King's pawn Opening e2 - e4?

big o
What kind of debate do you expect? Doom starts with King's pawn Opening e2 - e4?
yeah

Lord_Talron
not gonna happen

chomperx9
Originally posted by big o
Doom has the black peices and lex has the white ones
who wins? the white pieces win

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by chomperx9
the white pieces win i see what you did thar u little racist eek!

chomperx9
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
i see what you did thar u little racist eek! the white pieces get to move 1st before the black pieces and that gives the player an advantage. how is that racist ? if its racist dig up the man that invented chess and tell him that in the face how come the white pieces get to move 1st ?

Parmaniac
the white pieces get to move 1st before the black pieces and that gives the player an advantage. Not really, really good chess players can foresee a lot of moves and the "main strategy" after seeing the opening move and can turn it to their favor.

Omega Vision
the white pieces get to move 1st before the black pieces and that gives the player an advantage. how is that racist ? if its racist dig up the man that invented chess and tell him that in the face how come the white pieces get to move 1st ?
Actually since my technique of play involves countering and defeating the opponent's strategy by developing an on-the-fly counter strategy rather than a straight up opening strategy I do much better when I have the black pieces. Chess to me has always been a game of exploiting mistakes, and the first person to make a move is also the first person who can make a mistake.

chomperx9
who was misterTexas ?

Lord_Talron
the white pieces get to move 1st before the black pieces and that gives the player an advantage. how is that racist ? if its racist dig up the man that invented chess and tell him that in the face how come the white pieces get to move 1st ? i guess ill have to be a little more obvious with my jokes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.