Spartan vs Mall Security

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
1 lone spartan accidentally transported into the future but our past... the yr is 2001.

guard gets his night stick, pepper spray.. roll of quarters...radio... taser and a flack jacket with badge.. maybe a 9m but he is afraid to use it might also go to prison...

cruising along in his seqway he hears ppl screaming and running out of the food court he goes in to investigate..

Spartan: bronze sword, shield, armor,.. spear...

how does this go down? who wins and how or why?

http://cribbster.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/paul-blart-german-poster.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r120/PERIPOLIA/300-spartan-1-1.jpg

inimalist
the gun wins unless the security officer refuses to use it.

if the taser has range, then I still give it to security.

Esomark
The Spartan has too much flesh exposed. He'll get a "Don't taze me, bro!" defeat.

Wild Shadow
i thought real spartans had breast plates and werent bare chested unlike the movie 300..

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i thought real spartans had breast plates and werent bare chested unlike the movie 300..

Some were, some weren't. Depended on how poor/rich the person was.

Wild Shadow
well good thing i added armor in the OP.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Some were, some weren't. Depended on how poor/rich the person was.

Pretty sure they all were, while the quality of the gear depended on the person's wealth. They were a warrior society and gear was passed down from father to son too.

Fat guard doesn't use his 9mm, he's getting skewered and/or shield smashed and his throat slashed.

Ms.Marvel
guard uses his gun and kills him 10/10.

doesnt matter how afraid to use it he is... if a guy is running toward you yelling some language you cant understand brandishing a six pack and lethal weaponry and is half naked then the instinct is going to be shoot his ass. i wouldnt do it 10/10 though. if the spartan looks anything like the guys in 300 id be willing to negotiate 313

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure they all were, while the quality of the gear depended on the person's wealth.

Pretty sure they all weren't armor wearers because of the poorer families not having the ability to make/procure armor. However, the large wooden shield and spear were easy to come by/make.

I would say it would be accurate to conclude that most had body armor: leather, bronze, etc. It would be inaccurate to say that they all had the money/class/privilege to wear body armor.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

doesnt matter how afraid to use it he is... if a guy is running toward you yelling some language you cant understand brandishing a six pack and lethal weaponry and is half naked then the instinct is going to be shoot his ass. i wouldnt do it 10/10 though. if the spartan looks anything like the guys in 300 id be willing to negotiate 313 I lol'd.

Mindset

doesnt matter how afraid to use it he is... if a guy is running toward you yelling some language you cant understand brandishing a six pack and lethal weaponry and is half naked then the instinct is going to be shoot his ass. i wouldnt do it 10/10 though. if the spartan looks anything like the guys in 300 id be willing to negotiate 313 Let's negotiate.

Bouboumaster

doesnt matter how afraid to use it he is... if a guy is running toward you yelling some language you cant understand brandishing a six pack and lethal weaponry and is half naked then the instinct is going to be shoot his ass. i wouldnt do it 10/10 though. if the spartan looks anything like the guys in 300 id be willing to negotiate 313

laughing

About the thread: Does the security guard can actually fight himself? Is he in shape? Is he afraid to use the taiser too?

Wild Shadow
i dont think your average mall cop is actually in shape or trained in even the most remote form of armed and unarmed combat..

i think their basic training is running and passing a 1 mile run exam obstacle course that a 50 yr old could pass. and their combat training consist of no!! get back!! wait till the cops show up!! and point and shoot if the worse comes to pass..

Enyalus
Originally posted by dadudemon
Pretty sure they all weren't armor wearers because of the poorer families not having the ability to make/procure armor. However, the large wooden shield and spear were easy to come by/make.
All full citizen Spartans had bronze and leather armor. If not passed down to them by their father, it was made for them by their military guilds. There were no poorer citizens in that kind of sense, because they all had slaves (the helots) to do their work for them.

The Spartan kills the mall cop with a spear throw from 50 ft. away most of the time. Cop can't win unless he's got the stones to use his gun, and even then it might depend where he gets hit. The leather and cloth armor that some of the men wore were like ancient Kevlar. Could probably take a bullet or two without completely incapacitating the Spartan in question.

Ms.Marvel
lol.

no.

Enyalus

BloodRain
Spartan would be stunned from shock from being in our present. And a gun/taser = win.

Ms.Marvel

Enyalus
going by the context, kevlar-like armor is referring to how its made and how it acts. simply being built to function in the same manner as kevlar does not equate to having the same durability or being as affective.
Yeah, definitely agree. I didn't say that ancient body armor had the same durability as modern. Because it didn't. But even with that acknowledged, it was not that inferior to the modern protection. I mean, Athens had voting machines (think vending machines of today) and steam-engine operated automatic doors. Greece knew its shit. Especially when it came to war.

and for the record, even when getting shot only once with a kevlar vest on, modern day kevlar, the force from the bullet is still enough to break bone and completely incapacitate people.
Type II body armor and above, which is about as thick as what the hoplites would be wearing, is designed to stop 9mm, .40 calibur handguns, etc, as well as protecting against the blunt force trauma it causes. Now yeah, if they're using +P ammo or something, then perhaps not. Also, a few broken ribs or a freshly punctured lung isn't going to stop or incapacitate a fully trained Spartiate. And I don't know about mall cops, but regular police forces are trained to shoot for center mass...which would be right into that potentially kevlar-like substance.

Now, if he's got the bronze breastplate on, damn, he's totally ****ed. Ever try that stuff on or see it in person? It's about 2 cm thick at most. Awful protection against piercing impact.

I'm up in the air about the effectiveness of the mall cop's tazer gun. I've seen certain of them tested before, most recently on Deadliest Warrior when they tested the SWAT team's variant of the tazer gun, and it was extremely impressive. But I'm guessing the ones that SWAT are issued are a better version than a standard that a mall cop would have. Dunno. If anyone's got any enlightenment on that, that'd be interesting to find out.

inimalist
LOL

yes, the spartan bullet proof armor

good night everybody

Ms.Marvel
yeah...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.