The Flashes: Barry, Wally, Jay vs Superman, Silver Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
For this fight Jay Garrick is young and in his prime.

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Barry and Wally are enough to the majority

Black bolt z
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Barry and Wally are enough to the majority IDK.Team 2 is pretty tough and is going to be hard to take down.They also aren't exactly slow themselves.

Tattoos N Scars
Supes and Surfer get an unlimited number of IMP's in the first yottasecond of the fight.

janus77
Surfer solos, with ease.

Superman could prove of some use as bait but, Surfer can solo this.

Tattoos N Scars
Nah..I think they get speed force dumped

janus77
Surfer's too fast to get dumped anywhere by these two weaklings. Surfer merely shrugs and they get omni-directional blasts originating inside their heads big grin

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer's too fast to get dumped anywhere by these two weaklings. Surfer merely shrugs and they get omni-directional blasts originating inside their heads big grin

laughing out loud

lawest9
Surfer's too fast to get dumped anywhere by these two weaklings. Surfer merely shrugs and they get omni-directional blasts originating inside their heads big grin You sound like a Surfer fan boy on an astronomical level, In YOUR world I imagine the creator himself couldn't stand against him.

Prep-Man
Barry Allen solos.

janus77
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing out loud
yeah, you're right ... Surfer wouldn't do that. he makes them into toasters instead yes

janus77
Originally posted by lawest9
You sound like a Surfer fan boy on an astronomical level, In YOUR world I imagine the creator himself couldn't stand against him.
what? isn't Surfer the creator? confused

Surfer's got the speed to match (or exceed) them + he's a virtual god compared to their limited and weak forms.

Prep-Man
Barry runs circles around him, while he tries to find his board.

Tattoos N Scars
yeah, you're right ... Surfer wouldn't do that. he makes them into toasters instead yes

Wally would probably give Surfer a cosmic wedgy before he could turn them into toasters.

janus77
Surfer just kills them after trying to figure out why the men in red pyjamas are running in circles, so slowly.

janus77
Wally would probably give Surfer a cosmic wedgy before he could turn them into toasters.
nah, Surfer doesn't do underwear... it's a unibody glaze.

Prep-Man
Barry brings surfer into the SF, while the force tears him to shreds. If Wally can outrun Death at the end of time, he can avoid Surfer.

Black bolt z
Can't surfer and supes just stay in the air and blast the with HV and PC?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Black bolt z

no. Not when Flash has shown to run on air.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Black bolt z

yeah, but they couldn't see what to hit...and they wouldn't risk destroying an inhabited planet just to kill the Flash's.

janus77
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Barry brings surfer into the SF, while the force tears him to shreds. If Wally can outrun Death at the end of time, he can avoid Surfer.
Surfer reminds both Flashes that he can travel between dimensions and go intangible, after he turns them into toasters.

Prep-Man
Flash's can go intangible. Death's hand > Surfer.

janus77
Flash's can go intangible. Death's hand > Surfer.
they won't once they're toasters.

Surfer's finger >>>>> Flashes.

Prep-Man
Flash's speed to avoid > Surfer.

xJLxKing
Flash>Surfer

Prep-Man
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Flash>Surfer

Flash >>>>> Surfer. Remember, Pre-Crisis Superman was unable to detect Wally and Barry. And PC Superman's speed >>> Surfer.

Tattoos N Scars
In all seriousness, Surfer couldn't counter a speed force dump.

Prep-Man
I don't think Barry or Wally needs to do that. That's only last resort type stuff.

janus77
Flash >>>>> Surfer. Remember, Pre-Crisis Superman was unable to detect Wally and Barry. And PC Superman's speed >>> Surfer.
codswollop yes

if you can give a quantifiable feat, fair enough, but just giving your biased opinion as fact, when on-panel you can see Surfer is billions of times faster than the speed of light is ... no

Prep-Man
Superman was a BILLION times faster than light. He was moving through the Multiverse in moments. Yet, he was unable to detect Wally or Barry. Go figure.

galactusischere
Silver Surfer is faster than Wally.

Prep-Man
Not in comics, he's not.

Tattoos N Scars
Billions of times faster than light would still look like a statue to a Flash.

lawest9
what? isn't Surfer the creator? confused I'm sure that YOU think so......Confused!

Prep-Man
In Flash 50, Flash was moving SO fast, PRE-CRISIS Superman said he was a statue in comparison. Flash even lent Speed to Captain Marvel, Superman, etc... What a nice guy.

janus77
Superman was a BILLION times faster than light. He was moving through the Multiverse in moments. Yet, he was unable to detect Wally or Barry. Go figure.
moments vs seconds?
vague/hyperbolic statements vs stated distances and times?

Prep-Man
He had only a moment to do what he did.

galactusischere
Billions of times faster than light would still look like a statue to a Flash.

Based on?

I don't know much about Flash, but in his respect thread, I had a hard time finding scans of him going FTL.

celeyhyga17
In Flash 50, Flash was moving SO fast, PRE-CRISIS Superman said he was a statue in comparison. Flash even lent Speed to Captain Marvel, Superman, etc... What a nice guy.

that was nice of him though.... wink
if i was a superhero, you won't see me lending any power.

Prep-Man
Superman was so fast that he "Bursts the very bonds of Infinity"! Travels the entire distances of UNIVERSES instantaneously. That's fast.

Black bolt z
Not in comics, he's not. I don't know how fast wally is but I do know he is pretty damn fast.He is defintly faster then the speed of light.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by galactusischere
Based on?

I don't know much about Flash, but in his respect thread, I had a hard time finding scans of him going FTL.

Are you serious?

lawest9
This should be a massively close fight, But I give it to the speedsters 7/10.

TheTyrant
Are you serious?

There are a few. But they don't compare with Surfer's.

JakeTheBank

lawl at this thread

Slaanesh
the Flashes FTW..Barry stalemate Surfer until Wally beat Supes..then they both stomp Surfer..

Warlord
Flashes

janus77
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the Flashes FTW..Barry stalemate Surfer until Wally beat Supes..then they both stomp Surfer..
how do you propose Barry stalemate Surfer?
Surfer could mess with the chronal energies in the battlefield, if he wanted to... or just blast them both to death in the first second.

Warlord
barry now is the avatar of the speedforce he could possibly solo this if he is as powerful as implied

Philosophía
Flashes.

janus77
Originally posted by Warlord
barry now is the avatar of the speedforce he could possibly solo this if he is as powerful as implied
what feats does he posses to demonstrate a boost in speeds beyond billions of times the speed of light and to demonstrate endurance sufficient to survive attacks by Surfer?

moreover, Juggernaut is an Exemplar of power, but still gets his arse handed him by Onslaught, WarHulk, Captain Universe-wannabe.

Prep-Man
Actually, isn't Barry THE SF? Not just the avatar.

janus77
well then, good thing this is a neutral universe where all energies don't depend upon the SF smile

Power Cosmic is so much more than the Speed Force.

Prep-Man
In a neutral universe, everything works.

Slaanesh
well then, good thing this is a neutral universe where all energies don't depend upon the SF smile

Power Cosmic is so much more than the Speed Force.

but Surfer doesn't command all PC..Barry is the SF..

janus77
In a neutral universe, everything works.
much like a multi-faith school... all gods are equal = there is no actual supreme god smile

Flashes use Speed Force, Surfer uses Power Cosmic. PC can adapt and integrate other forces and energies (including Oan energies) ...

also, how does Speed Force fare against Oan energy constructs?

Prep-Man
SF is pretty much unlimited. Certainly a universal power.

janus77
Originally posted by Slaanesh
but Surfer doesn't command all PC..Barry is the SF..
doesn't need to "command" all PC, he can and does manipulate and utilise it which removes him from the faulty logic of SF dependance.

what are the outliers of that power? what's Barry's fastest feat? what's his record against taking blasts and assaults from Surfer-level characters?

if he's still human, but with an SF coating, then anything that can neutralise that SF advantage can kill him.

Prep-Man
I've already compared Barry's speed.

janus77
SF is pretty much unlimited. Certainly a universal power.
irrelevant. PC is unlimited and omniversal, but that does not have bearing on the outcome of this confrontation.

what matters is how fast the combatants are and whether they can survive eachother's attacks.

Prep-Man
Barry has survived cosmic attacks before.

janus77
I've already compared Barry's speed.
you have not. you never produced the quantifiable, stated feat. just hyperbole and the inference that it must be really really fast.

we know Barry,Wally,Flash(es) are fast, the question is, would they be sufficiently faster than Surfer to avoid getting hit by him?

Prep-Man
Superman travelling from universe to universe in an instant is good feat.

janus77
Barry has survived cosmic attacks before.
what do you mean by "cosmic attacks"? what context, how do you define "survived"? did he just brush it off with no effect? was he grounded/slowed down? did he rest? did he need assistance/healing? was he amped?

Prep-Man
Pretty much all Flash's can heal.

janus77
Superman travelling from universe to universe in an instant is good feat.
again, as I pointed out earlier, quantifiable feats.
"instant" = standard comic hyperbole. "universe to universe" is not a measure of distance either, as I could drive from continent to continent in an "instant" too, if I were say, on the borders of Europe and Asia.

Prep-Man
Still a good feat. Read the issue and find out.

janus77
Pretty much all Flash's can heal.
good. now, in the case of the "cosmic attacks", did he need to heal up? and if so, how long did it take?

Prep-Man
Does it matter? I don't think you'll change your opinion either way. So we'll just agree to disagree.

janus77
Still a good feat. Read the issue and find out.
it's a cool piece of hyperbole, but... you need something to measure it by, quantities.

Surfer crosses dimensions through both speed and PC abilities. I could say that he instantly went from the regular 616 universe to the astral plane... that's another universe, that sound impressive but... it just happens that the MU is constructed in such a way that it might not be all that vast a "distance" between these universe/dimensions.

Prep-Man
Him travelling from universe to universe in a blink of an eye is impressive no matter how you slice it.

janus77
Does it matter? I don't think you'll change your opinion either way. So we'll just agree to disagree.
none of it really matters, it's comics... I'm avoiding doing work.
but I was just a bit curious as to what reasoning things a little would produce.

I can't see a speed difference between then to deny Surfer plenty of chances to attack them, thus I can't see them winning.

Prep-Man
And I can't see Surfer winning or tagging someone who's faster. Go figure.

janus77
And I can't see Surfer winning or tagging someone who's faster. Go figure.
we're going round in circles smile.

Prep-Man
Yes, we are.

janus77
well, as long as we agree both are faster than Thor, I don't care big grin.

lawest9
The thing is this..........SS's speed is sorely dependent on his cosmic surfboard, Seperate him from THAT...........and he has no chance here and the only true threat to the flashes becomes Superman.

Slaanesh
Supes is never gonna be a threat to Flash..he's not that great no expression

Terryc250
Silver Surfer blitz's out into outer space, blows up the planet. gg.

Warlord
well, as long as we agree both are faster than Thor, I don't care big grin.

as long as Thor beats SS's ass it won't matter....:P

carver9
Him travelling from universe to universe in a blink of an eye is impressive no matter how you slice it.

Are you using pre-crisis feats for the flash here?

Naija boy
Team 2

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by lawest9
The thing is this..........SS's speed is sorely dependent on his cosmic surfboard, Seperate him from THAT...........and he has no chance here and the only true threat to the flashes becomes Superman.

actually the only threat would be SS because superman presents not threat to any flash....based on the fact he would stand no chance on tagging them

now personally i have no idea of the speed difference between SS and flash but i know superman is not on their speed level.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9
Are you using pre-crisis feats for the flash here?

Yes.

galactusischere
So, does Flash have a speed feat comparable to Surfer's?

Prep-Man
So, does Flash have a speed feat comparable to Surfer's?

What is Surfer's best speed feat? We've seen Barry move a lot faster than light.

galactusischere
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3076/silversurfervol3006us8.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/281/silversurfervol3007nn1.jpg

Prep-Man
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3076/silversurfervol3006us8.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/281/silversurfervol3007nn1.jpg

That's great and all, but Superman has done something more impressive. And he didn't need a space warp to do it. Barry was even faster than Superman.

galactusischere
That's great and all, but Superman has done something more impressive. And he didn't need a space warp to do it. Barry was even faster than Superman.

And? What did Superman do that was so impressive?

Omega Vision
And? What did Superman do that was so impressive?
He left his comic book and entered the real world, but did it so fast that no one noticed. stick out tongue

lawest9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He left his comic book and entered the real world, but did it so fast that no one noticed. stick out tongue Yeap........Supes is the greatest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.