Chris Redfield vs. Mordin Solus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Before Chris Redfield makes his debut in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he goes to Mordin's Pharmacy. He makes a little white lie about having a medical condition and Solus actually buys it. He goes to the back to get the steroids but finds the shelf cleaned out. He goes back to Chris and tells him he's all out. This enrages Chris and he threatens to kick his Salarian ass if he doesn't get his roids. Mordin pulls out a handgun and Chris flees in the aisles to shield himself.

Since laser gun >>> regular gun, I'm gonna allow Mordin with only a regular 9mm handgun. Chris has one too.

The gun fight in the pharmacy is only round one. Round two will be Chris and Mordin fighting eachother in hand to hand combat.

Can this BSAA Agent defeat the very model of a scientist Salarain or will Mordin Solus make Chris Redfield run for his money?

Edit: I forgot to mention that Mordin can't use his biotic abilities.

Phanteros
Can Mordin spontaniously set people on fire or freeze them?

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Before Chris Redfield makes his debut in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he goes to Mordin's Pharmacy. He makes a little white lie about having a medical condition and Solus actually buys it. He goes to the back to get the steroids but finds the shelf cleaned out. He goes back to Chris and tells him he's all out. This enrages Chris and he threatens to kick his Salarian ass if he doesn't get his roids. Mordin pulls out a handgun and Chris flees in the aisles to shield himself.

Since laser gun >>> regular gun, I'm gonna allow Mordin with only a regular 9mm handgun. Chris has one too.

The gun fight in the pharmacy is only round one. Round two will be Chris and Mordin fighting eachother in hand to hand combat.

Can this BSAA Agent defeat the very model of a scientist Salarain or will Mordin Solus make Chris Redfield run for his money?

Edit: I forgot to mention that Mordin can't use his biotic abilities.

What exactly has Mordin done H2H wise that would give him a win over a monster like Chris?

Phanteros
So you nerf Mordin to give Chris a chance? So in a regular fight Mordin wins but this "fake Mordin" loses on the account that it isn't the real Mordin.

BloodRain
^ pretty much.

Kazenji
And who the hell is Mordin Solus?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Kazenji
And who the hell is Mordin Solus? A character in ME 2 that can stomp Chris. But this thread isn't about him, but about someguy dressed in a costume that looks like him.

TacDavey
I don't know much about Chris Redfield, but isn't he just a normal dude who's good with a gun? Not to mention Mordin has shielding too, unless you want to take that away as well.

My vote is on Mordin.

Nephthys
Shielding only works on things that move past a certain speed i.e bullets btw. So that won't help him in H2H, though it makes round 1 a breeze since he can literally walk up to Chris and cap him without threat. In round 2 Mordin has an advantage due to him armour, which pretty much means Chris can only hit the head without breaking his hand but as a scientist I don't think Mordin has any h2h skills. Chris punches his face in.

Snafu the Great
Honestly, if anybody looks like they've been juicing up, look at most of the male cast roster from the last 2 King of Fighters.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by TacDavey
I don't know much about Chris Redfield, but isn't he just a normal dude who's good with a gun? Not to mention Mordin has shielding too, unless you want to take that away as well.

My vote is on Mordin.

There ain't nothing normal about moving 15 ton boulders with upper cuts, crushing steel with footstomps, and causing a man's head to explode with a punch.

NemeBro
Since Mordin does not actually have Biotic abilities, but Tech ones, he just in an instant sets him on fire, freezes him, or ****s up his nervous system. smile

On a serious note, Mordin still has his shields. Which hold up to slower attacks than bullets suck as explosives, so yes, a bullet will be stopped by them... In fact, Chris will never actually be able to get through those shields, the handgun cannot compare to a fully automatic railgun, and every friggin human soldier is superhuman physically in the MEverse, genetic modification and all.

Plus, Mordin is a better shot than Chris, taking out a group of Mercenaries with a pistol before they can fire a shot ftw.

FinalAnswer
BUT HE WINS THE H2H FITE RITE?

NemeBro
Nah.

LLLLLink
Nephthys, I love your avi and sig.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
There ain't nothing normal about moving 15 ton boulders with upper cuts, crushing steel with footstomps, and causing a man's head to explode with a punch.

Most if all of what you just said is PIS, that entire final fight is PIS itself if you ask me. Chris still beats him with a punch.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Most if all of what you just said is PIS, that entire final fight is PIS itself if you ask me. Chris still beats him with a punch.

Oh gawd, not you too.

Chris' ridiculous feats of strength are not PIS. The fight was, yes, but the boulder punch was not. Nothing I said was PIS

Wei Phoenix
Oh gawd, not you too.

Chris' ridiculous feats of strength are not PIS. The fight was, yes, but the boulder punch was not. Nothing I said was PIS

They fought inside of a volcano, it's hot as shit in a volcano. Sheva's just hanging like fight feet from lava, Chris is putting his face and body on a hot ass rock and everything. I could give you Chris's strength and you would still burn yourself on that rock. Provided that rock wasn't hot and inside a volcano I wouldn't say it didn't make any sense.

If you think Chris can crush steel with footsteps then that means Sheva can crush steel with a knife? Gameplay mechanic, when you melee their heads while they're on the ground and it's a kill blow then their head disintegrates.

Majini have lower durability than humans so punching their heads off/explosion isn't that much.

Ms.Marvel
theres also the fact that if if chris has that much power then every punch should go through a majini as opposed to just sending it flying.

that aside, mordin was a black ops. for the salarians so obviously he has the best training his race could give him in combat... chris' fighting style is jabs and haymakers...

Wei Phoenix
Well I personally don't think Chris puts all of his strength into every melee punch, although the Haymaker is the strongest punch he uses against the manjini. In the rock situation, he was giving it everything he had to save Sheva. Whether or not he realistically had the strength to do that or not is not what I'm debating though so I'll leave that point with you two.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
They fought inside of a volcano, it's hot as shit in a volcano. Sheva's just hanging like fight feet from lava, Chris is putting his face and body on a hot ass rock and everything. I could give you Chris's strength and you would still burn yourself on that rock. Provided that rock wasn't hot and inside a volcano I wouldn't say it didn't make any sense.

If you think Chris can crush steel with footsteps then that means Sheva can crush steel with a knife? Gameplay mechanic, when you melee their heads while they're on the ground and it's a kill blow then their head disintegrates.

Majini have lower durability than humans so punching their heads off/explosion isn't that much.

Nah.

Never seen Sheva crush steel with a knife.

Nah, their head explodes

O RLY? Prove that please.

Wei Phoenix
Nah.

Never seen Sheva crush steel with a knife.

Nah, their head explodes

O RLY? Prove that please.

You don't think it was hot inside of that volcano? You think Chris could lay on a molten rock? The rock and the volcano itself was hot as hell. The edge Sheva was hanging on was hot as hell, realistically it would be too hot for her to even hold onto.

Try using her and impale a fallen manjini in the head, you get the same effect as Chris's foot stomp.

Explosion, disintegration, don't really care, point is that their head is no longer there.

It's pretty obvious to see that a Manjini's head is it's weak point, the fact that you can pop it clean off with a bullet, stomp or knife proves this.

FinalAnswer
Chris not getting burned may be PIS. Chris having the sufficient strength required to move the boulder is not.

Too lazy.

k. If hit with sufficient enough force, a man's head would pop. Chris has shown to have more then enough strength.

So, in canon, their head can be stomped off? That's kewl. FTR, their bodies can withstand shotgun blasts, and remain intact. Also, even if you shoot them in the face, sometimes they are still alive, and merely grab their face in pain, so it take a few bullets to even puncture the head.

SpadeKing
Obviously the parasites cause weakened heads, it is usually where the parasites have to emerge after growing and I positive Leon, Chris, and Sheva aren't capable of throwing punches/kicks that can decapitate or cause a head to explode.

By punching a boulder? I bet the contestants on the world's strongest man can do better than Chris did at moving the boulder and they can't decapitate with a punch.

Gameplay, Chris and Sheva can endure even more punishment through gameplay than the majini can through their gameplay endurance as well.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Obviously the parasites cause weakened heads, it is usually where the parasites have to emerge after growing and I positive Leon, Chris, and Sheva aren't capable of throwing punches/kicks that can decapitate or cause a head to explode.

By punching a boulder? I bet the contestants on the world's strongest man can do better than Chris did at moving the boulder and they can't decapitate with a punch.

Gameplay, Chris and Sheva can endure even more punishment through gameplay than the majini can through their gameplay endurance as well.

Nah. Leon, Chris, and Sheva are all super human

No man in the world can move a 15 ton boulder with an uppercut, I guarantee you.

About as gameplay as the QTE that happen in the middle of Kratos' battles. Chris smashing steel and popping heads happens through his punches, which happens via QTE. If Capcom didn't mean to have Chris that strong, why did they give him the ability to do such crap in the first place?

SpadeKing
Superhuman? Since when? I'm guessing that applies to everyone that survives Racoon City huh?

Once again with these measurements people get ermm
That boulder definitely isn't 15 tons otherwise Chris could just go through the game punching everyone for one hit kills. It is absolutely below a ton, not to mention the rocks rigid surface and the fact its going downwards which all makes it that much easier to move it. Besides there is a story irl of a guy much smaller than Chris who threw a rock off much larger than his self and he can't lift a ton for sure.

So you believe Leon, Sheva, Chris, Jill, Josh, and Ada are all capable head poppers in that series? Wesker would be the best bet, but he hasn't been able to do it unless you go to mercenaries mode. Aside from Wesker, the best feat out of all of them is someone knocking a boulder down a ramp with a large rush of adrenaline and the parasites from 4 and 5 obviously weaken the heads considering that's where most of the parasites emerge after maturing and also considering a 5.56mm bullet can explode it.

FinalAnswer
Nah, the characters just started getting retarded when RE4 came along.

Pic doesn't work.

That's right, Chris COULD go around WTF pwning most enemies with his fists.

Below a ton? GTFO

There's also the story of a man who swam around in a pool of sulfuric acid, and was relatively unharmed.

If their strength level is consistent, then yes. Josh wouldn't be, because he doesn't have any real strength feats (Unless he did something retarded in Desperate Escape I dun't know about)

The bullet fails to puncture the head until after a few shots =)

SpadeKing
obviously.

That means he should be decking wesker like its nothing if he ever gets a hand on him and killing the larger enemies with punches no expression

its not above 1.5 tons other wise he'll also be catching those cruiser missiles Wesker throws at him and returning fire.

There is a story of a man who wore a tin suit in a pool with electricity being conducted on his head and remained unharmed.

He has basically the same moves as Chris.

I've gotten plenty of one shot heads shots with those bullets and I've also had my head bitten off cause of it.

FinalAnswer
He kinda does punch out Wesker when you get your hands on him =l.

Chris is not that fast, and trying to catch it would prolly cause it to explode.

There is a story about a baby that was picked up by a tornado, and after being carried around for awhile, was set back gently in it's crib.

Doesn't mean he has the same strength feats as Chris

With what gun?

SpadeKing
I mean completely knocking Wesker out, not stepping on his foot, decking him, and then watching Wesker break dance his way back to his feet.

He doesn't have to be fast, Wesker throws it straight at you like a game of catch.

There is a story of a 7 month fetus that fell through a toilet bowl and out of a train and still lives.

He can haymaker a head into an explosion, they should pick up boxing haermm

Whatever the small sub machine gun was on RE4, I don't know the actually round size, but it definately is large or should be capable of one shot head explosions... I doubt most of those guns could cause a watermelon to explode like that.

Ms.Marvel
there are plenty of guns (mostly pistols and snipers) that cause heads to explode in one shot in the game, its the critical strike thing.

regardless, the only bullet that can make a head actually explode is a 50. caliber. nothing else.

FinalAnswer
I mean completely knocking Wesker out, not stepping on his foot, decking him, and then watching Wesker break dance his way back to his feet.

He doesn't have to be fast, Wesker throws it straight at you like a game of catch.

There is a story of a 7 month fetus that fell through a toilet bowl and out of a train and still lives.

He can haymaker a head into an explosion, they should pick up boxing haermm

Whatever the small sub machine gun was on RE4, I don't know the actually round size, but it definately is large or should be capable of one shot head explosions... I doubt most of those guns could cause a watermelon to explode like that.

A 15 ton punch wouldn't be enough to knock out Wesker >.>. Wesker, while weakened, was shot in the head with a pistol, then fell out of a moving plane into a volcano. He was unharmed.

Nah, Wesker threw it fast. And besides, it would explode if Chris tried to catch it.

There is a story of a man who pissed off Chuck Norris and lived.

Nah. If Josh does it, it's PIS, unless he has any feats to back it up, like Chris.

Most of the guns in RE4/5 are modified to be moar powerful. Yeah.

Ms.Marvel
where is it stated that theyre more powerful. the only way they can be "more powerful" is if they use a larger caliber bullet. where is this stated.

and 15 tons >>>>> the kinetic force of a bullet and falling out of a plane. by far.

NemeBro
Wesker would have hit the ground at 5.6 tons of force, so yeah, less than 15 tons.

Though if he actually fell in the magma, it is much more impressive.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
where is it stated that theyre more powerful. the only way they can be "more powerful" is if they use a larger caliber bullet. where is this stated.

and 15 tons >>>>> the kinetic force of a bullet and falling out of a plane. by far.

Well, if we want to be technical, Chris and Sheva only used pistols in canon, and you can't shoot off a Majini's head with one shot without an upgraded pistol.

k. That's kewl. You do realize Wesker was doubly weakened, and the impact did not harm him at all, correct?

NemeBro
He also survived that big ****ing missile exploding in his face.

SpadeKing
A 15 ton punch wouldn't be enough to knock out Wesker >.>. Wesker, while weakened, was shot in the head with a pistol, then fell out of a moving plane into a volcano. He was unharmed.

Nah, Wesker threw it fast. And besides, it would explode if Chris tried to catch it.

There is a story of a man who pissed off Chuck Norris and lived.

Nah. If Josh does it, it's PIS, unless he has any feats to back it up, like Chris.

Most of the guns in RE4/5 are modified to be moar powerful. Yeah.

I'm sure that punch would've left Wesker counting S.T.A.R.S. (there is my stale humor for the day) haermm

He didn't throw it that fast, Chris could've reacted to it and if he as a 15 tonner stopped it.

His name was Bruce Lee...

Ada and Leon don't have any real strength feats, Jill only has some when she was under that mind control thing, Sheva's best was breaking a weakened Wesker's choke hold. Besides Josh must either be a beast or a fast runner to survive out of his group.

Can be modified, but they must have made it so the weapons can load larger rounds, those guns (except the shotguns and some rifles and magnums) wouldn't still be able to cause exploding heads.

wammamram
I'm sure that punch would've left Wesker counting S.T.A.R.S. (there is my stale humor for the day) haermm

He didn't throw it that fast, Chris could've reacted to it and if he as a 15 tonner stopped it.

His name was Bruce Lee...

Ada and Leon don't have any real strength feats, Jill only has some when she was under that mind control thing, Sheva's best was breaking a weakened Wesker's choke hold. Besides Josh must either be a beast or a fast runner to survive out of his group.

Can be modified, but they must have made it so the weapons can load larger rounds, those guns (except the shotguns and some rifles and magnums) wouldn't still be able to cause exploding heads.
jerry

NemeBro
He didn't throw it that fast, Chris could've reacted to it and if he as a 15 tonner stopped it. Those missiles were bigger than Wesker.

It would weigh a multitude of tons, and punching a rock multiple times and forcing it to move is much less difficult than catching a heavy thrown object.

SpadeKing
Those were like cruise missiles if, I'm right, so at most about 2.5 tons.

But if Chris is capable of moving 15 ton forces, I'm sure he can control a 2.5 ton missile thrown at him, though its probably less than that... what type of missiles were those anyway?

NemeBro
There are living human beings who can pull 200 tons.

They could not lift two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.