Orion vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Both are in bloodlust mode.

BattleMage
When i think about BRB winning I also see Orion winning as well. So i guess it's safe to say that it can go either way!!

BattleMage
On second thought that damn hammer is the factor here BRB 5.5/10

celeyhyga17
I'm goin with Orion.

6/10

Warlord
Stalemate

cdtm
Close one.

I think Orion edges Bill out.

Warlord
MAybe slightly

Prep-Man
Can BRB heal as good as Orion? Can't remember.

Warlord
you mean like having a healing factor?

Prep-Man
Yup.

Philosophía
Orion.

Warlord
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yup.

I don't know tbh....I remember Thor being capable of quick recover before due to his godly stamina but it wasn't like Hulk's HF.

anyway I don't know whether Bill has something like that.
Does Orion have a HF? I mean a consistent one like wolverine's or hulk's. I don't remember seeing something like that in the books I've read with him

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
I don't know tbh....I remember Thor being capable of quick recover before due to his godly stamina but it wasn't like Hulk's HF.

anyway I don't know whether Bill has something like that.
Does Orion have a HF? I mean a consistent one like wolverine's or hulk's. I don't remember seeing something like that in the books I've read with him

Yes. the MB is constantly manipulating him. Like when he was trapped in a Apokolips weapon and was being disintegrated. Orion's healing factor was working overtime.

Warlord
Still there are fights I can recall with him having the MB and his wounds were there throught the fight...
With that being said I think the MB can indeed provide heeling

Prep-Man
MB also healed Superman in the DD fight as well.

Warlord
Superman does not need healing...clap

Mshinu
The horsie with a hammer wins. Then he chews the fence in triumph.

Desaad
Originally posted by Warlord
Still there are fights I can recall with him having the MB and his wounds were there throught the fight...
With that being said I think the MB can indeed provide heeling

Healing is one of the Mother Box's primary functions, but great reference has been made to Orion's recooperative abilities as well, like when he was shot over a dozen times by Darkseid's greatest marksman and survived and recovered, despite having huge holes blown in his body.

cdtm
Yes. the MB is constantly manipulating him. Like when he was trapped in a Apokolips weapon and was being disintegrated. Orion's healing factor was working overtime.

And don't forget Slig. He's powerful enough to transform most of Earth into "Jokers", yet his attempt at killing Orion with his matter ripping death hand failed. All it did was rile him up.

"Id"
Bill

mexicanwolverin
Orion Soloes.....

cdtm
Originally posted by Desaad
Healing is one of the Mother Box's primary functions, but great reference has been made to Orion's recooperative abilities as well, like when he was shot over a dozen times by Darkseid's greatest marksman and survived and recovered, despite having huge holes blown in his body.

It didn't seem like it took him long to recover, either..

The Nuul
Originally posted by mexicanwolverin
Orion Soloes.....

Gee, I wonder who this could be?

Desaad
Originally posted by cdtm
It didn't seem like it took him long to recover, either..

Well, I wouldn't say that. He was TKOed and spirited away by Himon and Bekka.

cdtm
Well, I wouldn't say that. He was TKOed and spirited away by Himon and Bekka.

I mean relatively. Compared to Hulk or Wolverine, it took awhile, but with the wounds he had (Ignoring the fact they would've been life ending in real life.) he should've been on life support and laid up for a good year or two...

And than crippled for life when he finally does recover. big grin

JakeTheBank
Good fight. It could really go either way, but I'd give Orion the slight edge.

Galan007
Can BRB heal as good as Orion? Can't remember. Yes. Not only can Skuttlebutt heal Bill, but his hammer can heal him (and others) very rapidly as well. Also remember that it's very difficult to harm Bill in the first place. For instance, he was just chilling in the heart of a star that was in the process of going nova, and sufferred no ill-effect. etc.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes. Not only can Skuttlebutt heal Bill, but his hammer can heal him (and others) very rapidly as well. Also remember that it's very difficult to harm Bill in the first place. For instance, he was just chilling in the heart of a star that was in the process of going nova, and sufferred no ill-effect. etc.

Cool, so who gets the majority?

-Pr-
Orion, but not easily.

celeyhyga17
man this would be one knock down, drag out fight. it's gonna be brutal as hell. still Beta Ray Bill ain't no Thor.

Orion wins in a brutal match.
6/10

Desaad
Yes. Not only can Skuttlebutt heal Bill, but his hammer can heal him (and others) very rapidly as well. Also remember that it's very difficult to harm Bill in the first place. For instance, he was just chilling in the heart of a star that was in the process of going nova, and sufferred no ill-effect. etc.

To the best of my knowledge, Scuttlebutt can't heal Bill on the fly. She can put him into healing vats, but she isn't going to be sending down energy beams to heal him.

In terms of the Hammer doing it, do you have some references for that? I've seen it happen when he transforms from Bill into his Thor-mode, but never in the midst of battle.

Galan007
To the best of my knowledge, Scuttlebutt can't heal Bill on the fly. She can put him into healing vats, but she isn't going to be sending down energy beams to heal him.

In terms of the Hammer doing it, do you have some references for that? I've seen it happen when he transforms from Bill into his Thor-mode, but never in the midst of battle. I didn't say Skuttlebutt could heal Bill on the fly - just that she could heal him.

I was referring to the instance where Bill healed and rejuvenated Thor (almost instantly) following his battle with Fenris:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=brb_misc9.jpg

Desaad
I didn't say Skuttlebutt could heal Bill on the fly - just that she could heal him.

But what relevance does that have to a 'vs' battle? It's a bit like saying Superman can use kryptonian tech or something, isn't it?

Ah, I did not remember that. Cool stuff.

Lord_Talron
bill!

Prep-Man
Orion has better healing feats, I think.

carver9
What does healing have to do with this battle? If Orion take the same kind of punishment that Star Dust faced while fighting BRB, he is getting KTFO, its just that simple.

By the way, I am giving this to Bill. Orion would have to make this up close and personal due to his energy attacks being absorbed and I could see Bill laying waste to Orion in a H2H scenerio.

Prep-Man
He can work around physical attacks like Martian Manhunter.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
What does healing have to do with this battle? If Orion take the same kind of punishment that Star Dust faced while fighting BRB, he is getting KTFO, its just that simple.

By the way, I am giving this to Bill. Orion would have to make this up close and personal due to his energy attacks being absorbed and I could see Bill laying waste to Orion in a H2H scenerio.

you make it seem like Orion is a below herald pushover.
Orion wins.

Warlord
He can work around physical attacks like Martian Manhunter.

what do you mean by that?

Prep-Man
Turning intangible for one. He tried to do it when he was cornered in Simonson's run, but Darkseid blocked it and his MB didn't work.

Warlord
Turning intangible for one. He tried to do it when he was cornered in Simonson's run, but Darkseid blocked it and his MB didn't work.

I don't doubt that it might have tried once in his career but I don't think it is a valid strategy for Orion. After all he is the dog of war he prefers physical contact in fight.
Not to mention Bill's hammer can hit intangible.
However I do think Orion could win 6/10 if he uses all his powers in this fight

Prep-Man
True, but he has used it in the past. Even if it's a last resort type thing. Just an option.

Warlord
cool... how many out of 10 do you see Orion taking?

Prep-Man
hmmm, maybe an even split. But I see the same with Thor. Either could win, IMO.

Now, if we use Orion tapping into his godly essence, I say Orion 8/10.

Warlord
Godly essence makes them almost skyfathers?

Prep-Man
I don't know. It was hardly shown. Simonson wanted to explore it more, but the series got cancelled.

In Countdown, Orion showed it a little bit and sent the JLA flying by simply powering up.

Morrison kinda showed it in final Crisis when we saw what Darkseid truly was. A multiverse threat.

Galan007
But what relevance does that have to a 'vs' battle? It's a bit like saying Superman can use kryptonian tech or something, isn't it? Prep-Man asked if Bill could heal as well as Orion. That said, I simply brought up the only two 'speedy' healing options Bill has at his disposal. I never said he'd be able to use Skuttlebutt in a vs battle though.

Ah, I did not remember that. Cool stuff. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.