The Defenders vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
The Defenders
Hulk
Dr. Strange
Namor
Silver Surfer

vs.

JLA
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern

JakeTheBank
Defenders. The only reason why the Avengers are dubbed "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is because the Defenders don't feel like fighting for the rights to use the title. sneer

Surfer can take out any one of the JLAer's for the majority. So can Strange. Namor and Hulk alike, while not possessing the versatility of the other JLAers, are each strong enough to physically hold their own until either Strange or Surfer comes in to play clean up.

cdtm
Originally posted by byrdgang21
The Defenders
Hulk
Dr. Strange
Namor
Silver Surfer

vs.

JLA
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern

So is the Green Lantern classic Ion? Because that's only way the JLA can win this. wink

I'd love to see how the Hulk in infinite rage mode handles the unbreakable lasso..

Bouboumaster
Defenders

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Defenders. The only reason why the Avengers are dubbed "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is because the Defenders don't feel like fighting for the rights to use the title. sneer

Also because as some of them will loudy inform you, they're not a team wink

And they have the lousy teamwork to back it up!

Due to lack of teamwork I wouldn't be surprised if the JLA got a number of wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Also because as some of them will loudy inform you, they're not a team wink

And they have the lousy teamwork to back it up!

Due to lack of teamwork I wouldn't be surprised if the JLA got a number of wins.

To be fair, the only ones that matter are Surfer and Strange. Namor and Hulk can fight each other, and the former can take care of the JLA.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
To be fair, the only ones that matter are Surfer and Strange. Namor and Hulk can fight each other, and the former can take care of the JLA.

Personally I think the Leaguers can take those two.

aztec
I think the JLA takes 6/10. Namor and Hulk are non factors. Either the Martian or Supes can dispose of them. Whoever is free, can help Diana or Hal Jordan.

Strange and Silver Surfer are the biggest threats. Diana would be the best match up against Strange, and Hal against the Surfer. While she keeps distracts him. Hal Jordan takes the majority from the Surfer.

the ninjak
Defenders....considering theads have PIS off bad teamwork should be a non-factor.

Strange's magic would own JLA members + Surfers feats! Namor and Hulk make good distractions.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by aztec
Namor and Hulk are non factors. Either the Martian or Supes can dispose of them. Whoever is free, can help Diana or Hal Jordan.

What? Maybe Namor, but who is putting down Hulk, beside Hal Jordan?
Hulk outslug Diana for sure, and can hold is own against either Sups or Manhunter.

And even if Namor is the least powerful on the field, he can still throw punches with anyone.

If we use classic version of both teams, Strange would kick ass, like, a lot. It would get ugly when this mofo calls on his boss, like this Agamotto dude.

If we use current version, Strange is a lot weaker, but Surfer got an upgrade in Annhilition. He's now operating on a lvl where he's unphased by a hit in the face from ****ing Beta Ray Bill, and make him admit that he's totally outclassed. Current Surfer is head and shoulder above the rest in the power department, and he's also much faster too. And only Hal Jordan can say being almost equal to him in the versality department. With current version, Surfer is the reason why Defenders still win.

aztec
What? Maybe Namor, but who is putting down Hulk, beside Hal Jordan? Hulk outslug Diana for sure, and can hold is own against either Sups or Manhunter.

If we use classic version of both teams, Strange would kick ass, like, a lot. It would get ugly when this mofo calls on his boss, like this Agamotto dude.

If we use current version, Strange is a lot weaker, but Surfer got an upgrade in Annhilition. He's now operating on a lvl where he's unphased by a hit in the face from ****ing Beta Ray Bill, and make him admit that he's totally outclassed. Current Surfer is head and shoulder above the rest in the power department, and he's also much faster too. And only Hal Jordan can say being almost equal to him in the versality department. With current version, Surfer is the reason why Defenders still win.

Hulk is a one dimensional brink, anyone on team two can easily defeat him. Martian vision, Heat Vision, Lasso, or Ring. Anyway, he's clearly outmatch in the strength department by Diana, Clark, and John. On top of that, all three heroes have superspeed, and other trinkets, or power sets which surpass anything Hulk has.

As for strange, thats why I mentioned that it comes down to him. If its classic, they have a better shot at defeating the JLA. Diana has gone toe to toe against Circe, Ares etc.. All of whom happen to be gods. I take you don't read a-lot of Wonder Woman correct? And if I'm not mistaken you've mentioned you hate her in another threat. So.....

As for Surfer, I haven't read Annihilation. But, he will not be able to take on two superheroes at the same time. Getting hit by BRB isn't impressive. Superman has taken worse blows, Diana has taken a hit from Oblivion to the face.... As for Namor, he can easily be dealt with. So once again, the JLA take the win. smile

Q99
Originally posted by the ninjak
theads have PIS off bad teamwork should be a non-factor.

PIS is off, but CIS is on by default. If someone is dumb, or short-tempered, or has bad teamwork, then that applies.

These characters genuinely do not work together well, which isn't PIS, so it still applies.

Bouboumaster

Hulk is a one dimensional brink, anyone on team two can easily defeat him. Martian vision, Heat Vision, Lasso, or Ring. Anyway, he's clearly outmatch in the strength department by Diana, Clark, and John. On top of that, all three heroes have superspeed, and other trinkets, or power sets which surpass anything Hulk has.

As for strange, thats why I mentioned that it comes down to him. If its classic, they have a better shot at defeating the JLA. Diana has gone toe to toe against Circe, Ares etc.. All of whom happen to be gods. I take you don't read a-lot of Wonder Woman correct? And if I'm not mistaken you've mentioned you hate her in another threat. So.....

As for Surfer, I haven't read Annihilation. But, he will not be able to take on two superheroes at the same time. Getting hit by BRB isn't impressive. Superman has taken worse blows, Diana has taken a hit from Oblivion to the face.... As for Namor, he can easily be dealt with. So once again, the JLA take the win. smile

Hulk might be one dimensional, but he'll be the last man standing. No body can pass his HF. And not only he's on the same strenght as everyone else, but he'll get stronger, when the fight advance. He can throw things at them, and jump to reach them, and smack their face.

As for Diana against Strange: Strange in the past knock Galactus on his ass. Galactus was laughing after it, but still, he does what very few have done. Oh, and he have been able to fight Death itself for some times. And fight Mephisto in his realm. A classic Strange would murder Diana, and take Sups, John and Hal with her.

And for the Surfer's feat, BRB isn't a chump. He's on par with Thor. Thor who is almost universally regarded as on par with Sups. Surfer taked the hit, smack him behind the head with his board, and told him to stay down, which Beta Ray Bill did.

And Namor have gone toe-to-toe with Hercules, smashed Iron Man, and gave match to Hulk. The worst he can do is gaining time fighting Diana or Sups.

And without PIS and CIS, Surfer take out Sups at the start, via matter manipulation (create Kryptonite, syphon him of solar energy, or just shoot him with red son energy, pick your poison) then procede to kick ass. And even if he don't play it cheap, he's still the top dog in this fight, and would outpower any foe.

Current version: Defenders 8/10
Classic version: Defenders 9,5/10, because really, they don't have nothing on Strange

aztec
Your right, I forgot Hulk is the strongest on the field!!! HE will surpass everyone in strength, because the angrier he gets, the stronger he becomes. How ignorant of me!! I'm such a dumb*ss. Its not like Diana, Clark or the Martian will speedblitze his ass, or the lasso be able to sub due him. How is the Hulk going to touch any of them. Anyone on team two is stronger than the green giant. It's been proven before, its plain and simple.

Diana has taken skyfather lvl gods!! Moreover, she's taken blasts by the greek pantheon. She is clearly the best match for Strange, classic or otherwise. She might not defeat classic, for the majority but can hold him off the longest. If you read her issues, you would know that she's highly resistent to magic. Furthermore, the right combination from her might upset Strange. She has the strength, trinkets, speed, and power set to defeat him!! Trust me, I know who strange is. I might not be an expert, but at least have read some of his issues. Unlike others (regarding wonder woman)

Has Surfer ever created Krptonite? Get back at me, when he has. I'm not doubting his power set, but he wont be able to take two high heralds at the same time. Hal can hold his on, or defeat him. And as mentioned before, both Superman and Diana have taken blows and shrugged them off. Oblivion is a cosmic entity, and Imperiex is the destroyer of worlds.

Once again, Hulk and Namor get taken out by either the Martian or Superman. They are outclashed in every way. Still JLA for the win.

carver9
Your right, I forgot Hulk is the strongest on the field!!! HE will surpass everyone in strength, because the angrier he gets, the stronger he becomes. How ignorant of me!! I'm such a dumb*ss. Its not like Diana, Clark or the Martian will speedblitze his ass, or the lasso be able to sub due him. How is the Hulk going to touch any of them. Anyone on team two is stronger than the green giant. It's been proven before, its plain and simple.

Diana has taken skyfather lvl gods!! Moreover, she's taken blasts by the greek pantheon. She is clearly the best match for Strange, classic or otherwise. She might not defeat classic, for the majority but can hold him off the longest. If you read her issues, you would know that she's highly resistent to magic. Furthermore, the right combination from her might upset Strange. She has the strength, trinkets, speed, and power set to defeat him!! Trust me, I know who strange is. I might not be an expert, but at least have read some of his issues. Unlike others (regarding wonder woman)

Has Surfer ever created Krptonite? Get back at me, when he has. I'm not doubting his power set, but he wont be able to take two high heralds at the same time. Hal can hold his on, or defeat him. And as mentioned before, both Superman and Diana have taken blows and shrugged them off. Oblivion is a cosmic entity, and Imperiex is the destroyer of worlds.

Once again, Hulk and Namor get taken out by either the Martian or Superman. They are outclashed in every way. Still JLA for the win.

confused WTF

the ninjak
Originally posted by carver9
confused WTF

I know. Aztec's argument reads very biased the simple truth is the Defenders hold their own against the brawlers until Strange either teleports, binds or mind rapes them by showing them their worst nightmares come true.

Any of these things will allow Team 1 to dismantle Team 2

carver9
I cant believe that he thinks the hulk is a none factor when he has recently walked through the entire avengers team.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I cant believe that he thinks the hulk is a none factor when he has recently walked through the entire avengers team.

him walking through any versatile team usually involves PIS.

Prep-Man
Defenders FTW.

celeyhyga17
My brain tells me Defenders cause of Surfer and Strange. But my gut tells me JLA cause of their teamwork. I'm sure Jonn can come up with a nice plan.

the ninjak
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
My brain tells me Defenders cause of Surfer and Strange. But my gut tells me JLA cause of their teamwork. I'm sure Jonn can come up with a nice plan.

Well there is no prep so Jonn better do it quick before Strange messes their heads within the flick of his wrist.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well there is no prep so Jonn better do it quick before Strange messes their heads within the flick of his wrist.

this JLA team move and think pretty fast.

Warlord
strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.