Gladiator vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
So Gladiator attacks earth thinking evil is afoot but a blur comes by a red one and it is obviously CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Enyalus
CM.

quanchi112
Glads wins.

carver9
gladiator

quanchi112
Its close though.

namorsubby
i'm sorta leaning towards cap.

I'm Bran
BILLY!

ultimatethor
Gladiator

Anti-Monitor
Glads

The Illuminati
Gladiator FTW

iceman24567
Bill takes it

shokosugi
CM wins

Mindset
Would someone like to post some reasons?

iceman24567
nah

Mindset
well iceman, you'll be the first I ban

iceman24567
ban dees nuts

Mindset
i would if you had any

shokosugi
Here comes the ABC logic..

CM had fought Supes and did well. Supes Owned Hulk. Hulk owned Gladiator. simple.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
i would if you had any Happy Dance

cloud102
Toss up.

Leobama
i would if you had any OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

Anti-Monitor
Would someone like to post some reasons?

Nope.

Stoic
Originally posted by shokosugi

CM had fought Supes and did well. Supes Owned Hulk. Hulk owned Gladiator. simple.

There is a flaw in you ABC logic... Superman never beat the Hulk they have never fought in a canonical story.

All the same Gladiator has Captain Marvel beat as he has far more powers.

Lord Feron
Glads 10/10 but he will have to work for each one but in the end CM will never get a win on him. big grin

Juntai
Captain Marvel.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by iceman24567
ban dees nuts

lol smile

Glads wins

Eel O'Brien

Glads has matched Thor; Thor has owned CM. wink

shokosugi
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Glads has matched Thor; Thor has owned CM. wink

And Thor got owned by supes big grin

Enyalus
And Thor got owned by supes big grin

Wasn't really an owning. They had been battling for sometime before. Thor even walking through Supes' HV before being punched out. And Supes didn't have enough power left over to protect himself from getting gangbanged by the rest of the Avengers after they saw Thor go down.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Enyalus
Wasn't really an owning. They had been battling for sometime before. Thor even walking through Supes' HV before being punched out. And Supes didn't have enough power left over to protect himself from getting gangbanged by the rest of the Avengers after they saw Thor go down.

yeah it really wasn't an owning. laughing

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ecq300/thorsupes_5.jpg

Eel O'Brien
Wait; is Supes in this fight too?

Enyalus
yeah it really wasn't an owning.

Glad you agree.

Eel O'Brien
The fight wasn't really ownage; but I thinking catching the hammer qualifies...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
The fight wasn't really ownage; but I thinking catching the hammer qualifies...

"Odin's beard!!" laughing

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
"Odin's beard!!" laughing

laughing out loud

Nihilist
captain marvel 6/10

DTM
Yeah, Ill give the 6 / 10 win ratio to CM as well.

shokosugi
i agree 6/10 is just about right.

chomperx9
who wins and why ?

JakeTheBank
Assuming this is Billy Batson...

I think it could really go either way, as Glads can match (or even exceed) him physically and is the more skilled fighter. In Marvel's defense, he has an extraordinary and often underestimated healing factor on top of his durability/stamina. He can also lace his physical strikes with magical energy for extra ooomf.

Personally, I think Glads should take the slight majority, but the Big Red Cheese makes him work for it every single time.

chomperx9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I think it could really go either way, as Glads can match (or even exceed) him physically and is the more skilled fighter. In Marvel's defense, he has an extraordinary and often underestimated healing factor on top of his durability/stamina. He can also lace his physical strikes with magical energy for extra ooomf.

Personally, I think Glads should take the slight majority, but the Big Red Cheese makes him work for it every single time. yup billy

cdtm
I dunno, Glads has actual on panel feats of busting planets... Plus, Tyrant had to put some effort behind KOing him..

Billy's powerful, but not "Pre Crisis Superman lite" powerful..

xJLxKing
CM

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by cdtm
I dunno, Glads has actual on panel feats of busting planets... Plus, Tyrant had to put some effort behind KOing him..

Billy's powerful, but not "Pre Crisis Superman lite" powerful.. hes KC superman powerful with out holding back

cdtm
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hes KC superman powerful with out holding back

But even KC Supes wasn't "Pre Crisis Superman" level. He's supposed to be the peak of post crisis Supes, and even than there's no real feats to prove it.

Plus, while Marvel handled this "more powerful" version of Superman, Supes didn't look like he was trying too hard to fight him but more reason with him.. We know from Eclipso's possessions of him that standard Superman could st least hold his own with Marvel, if he's really trying..

JakeTheBank
But even KC Supes wasn't "Pre Crisis Superman" level. He's supposed to be the peak of post crisis Supes, and even than there's no real feats to prove it.

KC was shown to be > mainstream Superman during that whole Kingdom under Gog arc for the JSA. Being able to tank Hercules' punch when it had busted open normal Supes, hearing things that normal Supes couldn't, etc.

Philosophía
Captain Marvel.

Lord_Talron
chalk a hard won victory up to the power of shazam

batdude123

Lulz @ "Pre Crisis Superman lite."

Gladiator is nowhere near PC Superman level.

Black bolt z
Gladiator for a majority.Prob 7/10.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Gladiator for a majority.Prob 7/10. captain marvel wins hands down, he has been shown at times to be stronger than mainstream superman and mainstream superman is stronger than gladiator. along with the fact that he can magically amp his punches and call down lightning

cdtm
KC was shown to be > mainstream Superman during that whole Kingdom under Gog arc for the JSA. Being able to tank Hercules' punch when it had busted open normal Supes, hearing things that normal Supes couldn't, etc.

Technically, that also wasn't Kingdom Come Superman. It was a close approximation, but he was a lot older looking...

And to be fair, Earth 22 Superman also had more problems with Gogs herald than mainstream Supes did.

Anyways, regardless the fact remains Gladiator has actual planet smashing feats to his credit..

Personally, I think Gladiator at his best is in Mr. Majestics weight class (In terms of strength and speed. Durability is arguable), and I wouldn't give Superman, Marvel, or even Black Adam odds against Majestic..

cdtm
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
captain marvel wins hands down, he has been shown at times to be stronger than mainstream superman and mainstream superman is stronger than gladiator. along with the fact that he can magically amp his punches and call down lightning

Stronger than mainstream Supes? Examples/feats?

I know Caps knocked Supes out once or twice, but Supes wasn't really prepared for it. Likewise, I can't really count the times Superman was Eclipsed and managed to beat down Cap as proof that Supes is superior, because Eclipso was going all out and Cap doubtlessly wasn't... (Also, Supes was never knocked out by Martian Manhunter like Cap was in Justice League. stick out tongue )

Writers are usually pretty good about giving either Cap or Superman an "out" instead of giving one clear cut superiority over the other...

BattleMage
Technically, that also wasn't Kingdom Come Superman. It was a close approximation, but he was a lot older looking...

And to be fair, Earth 22 Superman also had more problems with Gogs herald than mainstream Supes did.

Anyways, regardless the fact remains Gladiator has actual planet smashing feats to his credit..

Personally, I think Gladiator at his best is in Mr. Majestics weight class (In terms of strength and speed. Durability is arguable), and I wouldn't give Superman, Marvel, or even Black Adam odds against Majestic.. thumb up

celeyhyga17
dunno

carver9

Personally, I think Gladiator at his best is in Mr. Majestics weight class (In terms of strength and speed. Durability is arguable), and I wouldn't give Superman, Marvel, or even Black Adam odds against Majestic..

Good post even though I think Gladiator>Majestic.

carver9

Good post.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Good post even though I think Gladiator>Majestic.

Well, in terms of strength and speed, Majestic has planet pushing to rearrange his entire solar system, along with being able to detect and react to teleportation. before the teleporter arrives. Plus what he did to Eradicator's synthetic DNA by rewiring his nerves impulses suggest ridiculous reaction speeds. Where I think it favors Gladiator is overall durability, because he's gone through giant red suns and taken Tyrant attacks, while Majestic needed to transmute his body to go into his sun.. (Although to be fair, Gladiator was also experiencing pain on his trip through the red giant, while Majestic planned to spend extended time in his solar systems sun..)

TheTyrant
Gladiator.

Lord_Talron

Personally, I think Glads should take the slight majority, but the Big Red Cheese makes him work for it every single time. didnt you do this exact same argument for a different thread or am i reading twice....

EDIT: apparently so ><

Prep-Man
Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.