Mace Windu/Darth Vader vs. Yoda/Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Setting: Dark temple on Geonosis

Combatants:
*ROTS Mace Windu
*ROTJ Darth Vader

vs.

*AOTC Yoda
*ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi

There is no conflict in Vader seeing as to Luke is nowhere near this fight. He is his regular hatred filled, evil self. He and Mace are willing to work together.

Which team walks away? Who fights who?

Amazing Vrayo!!
Mace wouldn't gain any vaapad advantage against two lightsiders. Darth Vader is quite old and clumsy at this point, and I don't remember seeing him do anything impressive combat-wise in ROTJ. Yoda jumps around Mace, distracting him, while young Obi out speeds Vader. Then Obi and Yoda proceed to take out Mace without injury. Pretty easy fight.

Darth Martin
ROTJ was Vader at his peak overall. This being the EU forum, we take into account all of Vader's feats that led up to this point in time.

Lord Lucien
Kenobi's going down hard and fast. If Yoda's lucky he'll pull a magic rabbit out of his ears and break Mace's neck with it before he dies.

Being the EU forums, we take in to account Vader's performance circa TFU. Yoda may--MAY--win after a grueling match in which he loses both his arms and half an eye. Afterwords we will call him Larry.

Darth Martin
So your thinking Vader will face Yoda?

truejedi
I'm thinking Yoda and Mace have it out.

ROTS Kenobi, with soresu, is going to be difficult for the slower vader to overwhelm with a saber. Only if he gets overwhelmed quickly with the force does he have a problem, and it occurs to me that we base Kenobi's "weakness" to being beaten in the force on a SINGLE MOMENT in ROTS. He got taken out by Dooku, yes, but with his attention distracted. I see no reason to think that he would be immediately overwhelmed by Vader.

Kenobi lasts longer than Mace, IMO, which leads to Vader getting killed.

Darth Martin
Attention distracted? How so? He attacked Tyranus. In return, he got pwned.

Galan007
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Mace wouldn't gain any vaapad advantage against two lightsiders. Vapaad doesn't just allow Mace to channel his opponents' darkness and use it to his advantage. It also enables him to harness his own inner darkness and employ that in battle. So yes, Vapaad would lend to this battle quite a bit, me thinks -- just not as much as it would against a practitioner of the dark side.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Attention distracted? How so? He attacked Tyranus. In return, he got pwned.

Meaning he was running at his back while Dooku was attacking Anakin. So not expecting a force attack at that moment. But regardless, that is the only place in the mythos where Kenobi gets force-pwned. This doesn't make him any more susceptible to it than anybody else, and in all likelihood, this kenobi anakin fight would be decided (Like all other fights between the two) with sabers. Which Kenobi has the ability to last in.

Darth Martin
Maul pushed him into the pit.

ares834
I would say Vader and Windu win this one. Kenobi is the weak link here. Vader could trash him easily using the force (like Dooku), and Windu could take out Kenobi quicker than Yoda would be able to take out Vader.

truejedi
Originally posted by ares834
I would say Vader and Windu win this one. Kenobi is the weak link here. Vader could trash him easily using the force (like Dooku), and Windu could take out Kenobi quicker than Yoda would be able to take out Vader.

Why do you think Darth would be thrashing Kenobi with the force? Has that happened in any other Kenobi/Vader duel?

truejedi
Maul pushed him into the pit.

This is true, but Anakin Skywalker was unable to force push kenobi.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by truejedi
Why do you think Darth would be thrashing Kenobi with the force? Has that happened in any other Kenobi/Vader duel? Has OT Vader and PT Kenobi ever fought?

This is true, but Anakin Skywalker was unable to force push kenobi. You asked had he ever been attacked with the Force before.

Dooku "pwned" him. Vader is considerably more powerful with the Force.

truejedi
define pwned please.

ares834
Why do you think Darth would be thrashing Kenobi with the force? Has that happened in any other Kenobi/Vader duel?
Of course not. But ROTS Vader did not have ROTJ Vader's command of the force. And ROTJ Vader has some awesome force feats that seem well beyond anything Dooku has ever displayed. Sure he did not use the force to effortlessly subdue Kenobi in RotJ but that was likley due to PIS or Kenobi having become more powerful in the force during his exile which seems very likely.

Darth Martin
define pwned please. The qoutes are there just in case you responded that it is an ill comparison between what Maul did and what Tyranus did.

Lord Lucien
RotJ Vader also doesn't have RotS' anger problems. He has a rather cool head by comparison. If he's not getting through his defenses, he's gonna use his TK on Kenobi. It'll be Vader vs. Marek all over again. Except Kenobi's no Marek. Kenobi's dead.

Darth Martin
How does Mace stack up to Vader in terms of Force power and ability?

Lord Lucien
Going solely by the Clone Wars cartoon (I know), Mace is a good who topples droid armies single-handedly with his FISTS.

Barring that, he's just all around awesome. Vader-style.

DARTH POWER
Kenobi wnt be much help to Yoda, just like he wasnt much help tp Skywalker against Dooku. Vader will just throw him away with the Force.

So this is basically Vader and Mace vs. Yoda. With Mace's Vapaad and Vader's TK the little green guy is gna get owned.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ares834
Sure he did not use the force to effortlessly subdue Kenobi in RotJ but that was likley due to PIS or Kenobi having become more powerful in the force during his exile which seems very likely.

Or perhaps he wanted to beat him in Sabers just to prove how superior he is to Kenobi now.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Going solely by the Clone Wars cartoon (I know), Mace is a good who topples droid armies single-handedly with his FISTS. I've heard he does some absolutely rediculous things in Shatterpoint too.

Lord Lucien
I haven't read it, but if TJ says its good I'm gonna have to eventually. All Mace's TK endeavors are aggrandized in the Clone Wars. Outside of that, the greatest use I can think of is him toppling an AT-TE over a cliff.

Darth Martin
In Shatterpoint, he supposedly stopped a rockslide that was the equivalent of hundred tons, I believe.

mattatom
In Shatterpoint, he supposedly stopped a rockslide that was the equivalent of hundred tons, I believe. Well something like that yes, ..."The something he did was to reach deep through the Force until he could feel a structure of broken rock ten meters below him and five meters in from the face. He thought, Why wait? and shoved.

The dirt cliff shook, buckled, and collapsed.

With a subterranean roar that buried even the thunder of the eruption and the clamor of the steamcrawler's laboring engine, hundreds of tons of dirt and rock poured into the river of lava, organics bursting into flames that the growing landslide instantly smothered as it built itself into a huge wedge-shaped berm of raw dirt across the gully...

...Mace rode that crest while the wave sank and flattened and finally lurched to a halt, its last remnants trickling into a ridge that joined Mace's position with the corner of the steamcrawler's cabin. Nearly all his concentration stayed submerged in the Force, spread throughout the slide, using a wide-focus Force grip to stabilize the rubble while he scrambled down to the steamcrawler's roof..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.