The Endangered Shark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraviolence
I've heard about shark finning in the past and how it's illegally/legally practiced in certain countries. I've also heard that this practice is threatening the species and their extinction would result in massive damage to marine ecosystems.

What are your thoughts about this issue?

(Information: http://animals.howstuffworks.com/fish/shark-fishing.htm)

Ms.Marvel
i think they shouldnt have killed samuel l jackson. they brought this upon themselves

Rogue Jedi
You think water is fast? You should see ice.

The Nuul
Id say, cut these Humans up a bit and throw them into the Ocean. They can be quite far away from an Island so if they can swim back to shore then ask them again if they will ever hurt animals, mammals, fish, shark again. Fear is a great motivator since no once else wants to help these poor sharks etc.....lets turn the table around a bit.

Rogue Jedi
Seriously though, I saw a vid once of these chinese fishermen hauling in sharks, cutting off all their fins, and then dumping them back in the ocean.

The Nuul
Yeah cut and dump happens a lot.

Rogue Jedi
****ing sickening, man.

Ms.Marvel
i think shark should get smarter, that way they wouldnt be in this mess. smile

Bicnarok

Ms.Marvel
zactly, if they were stronger we wouldnt be kicking their asses smile

The Nuul
No, if they are smarter!

Ms.Marvel
if youre atrong enough it dunt matter!

see huc. shifty

Rogue Jedi

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
That's cuz we're sissies hiding on land.

Aye, put us on equal grounds and we'll get our asses kicked.

Bicnarok

The Nuul
Who needs nature, we are the ones that matter amrite?

Autokrat
Why are people getting upset over the plight of sharks?

Its like those weirdo anti whaling people that made assholes of themselves on TV.

Robtard
Morons, the lot of you. Sharks matter a lot in the marine ecosystem, take them out, it gets screwed. Now factor in how many humans of this planet rely on the ocean's bounty as a food source; it's not a good thing if sharks are driven into extinction or near extinction.

Chinese and Japanese are the biggest spoilers. Kill a 2k pound shark, to only uses 150 lbs of fin.

Let be dumb it down for you all, messing with the balance of nature = bad for people in the long run.

Ms.Marvel
but they ate samuel l jackson shrug

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
Morons, the lot of you. Sharks matter a lot in the marine ecosystem, take them out, it gets screwed. Now factor in how many humans of this planet rely on the ocean's bounty as a food source.

Chinese and Japanese are the biggest spoilers. Kill a 2k pound shark, to only uses 150 lbs of fin.

Let be dumb it down for you all, messing with the balance of nature = bad for people in the long run.

thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
but they ate samuel l jackson shrug

He had it coming, have you seen Caveman's Valentine?

Ms.Marvel
nope! is it good?

BackFire
I think human beings should stop being shitty creatures.

A pipe dream, I know.

Ms.Marvel
a silly one too 313

BackFire
Yeah it'll never happen.

The Nuul
Because of greed/money.

Ms.Marvel
also superiority

WUT.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Autokrat
Why are people getting upset over the plight of sharks?

Its like those weirdo anti whaling people that made assholes of themselves on TV.

You're being facetious, right?

Ms.Marvel
*knee jerks*

Scythe
Whoa, page two and not one single "In soviet Russia" joke?! Bravo, internet.

Wild Shadow
NwIw7zKoKuo

Ultraviolence
I wouldn't mind a serious contribution to this thread.

Ms.Marvel
robtard already gave one.

and what else is there really to say? maybe we could launch into more "humans suck" knee jerk rants?

One Free Man
In old country, shark endanger you.

Ultraviolence
robtard already gave one.

and what else is there really to say? maybe we could launch into more "humans suck" knee jerk rants?

Robtard already gave one? I don't remember setting up criteria or anything of that sort, you know, one reply and let's be done with the thread.

Why do you present that as the only option of discussion? Why do we have to incorporate misanthropy with discussing endangered sharks? Not all humans are participating in the destruction of the shark population.

So, again, does anyone have a decent reply waiting?

Robtard
Originally posted by Ultraviolence
So, again, does anyone have a decent reply waiting?

Considering I'm the only one that gave a serious answer and you ignored it, where would you like to go with this thread now?

Ultraviolence
Considering I'm the only one that gave a serious answer and you ignored it, where would you like to go with this thread now?

You started with this:

Morons, the lot of you.

It threw me off completely. It's the reason why I'm still waiting for further input, Robtard.

Scythe
Originally posted by One Free Man
In old country, shark endanger you.

There it is, aaahhhhh

Rogue Jedi
One thing that makes me LOL is when some nimrod goes scuba diving, gets hit by a shark, and are all like "ZOMG why did the shark attack me?"

You're in the sharks house, stupid. What did you expect?

Wild Shadow
i think it is a damn shame how humans can hunt creatures to extinction and be proud of it or not care...

i mean couldnt a company curtain off an area and just breed sharks at least for a while till the population grows back?

but anyways.. i dont see any reason why an animal should be eaten to extinction you would think ppl would be like wait a minute maybe we should switch to fish and stop killing certain animals for a while..
its just corporate @$$holes trying to get the last dime out of them at the cost of extinction and apathetic ppl shrugging it off

i mean these are lessons that humans have repeatedly experience within the last few centuries with animals like:

the dodo bird..
buffalos)not extinct but you all get the point)
moa bird

anyways here is the youtube clip since the other one was closed..

5CasgoSJmnI

Rogue Jedi
haermm Doodoo!!!!!

Warden
i think they shouldnt have killed samuel l jackson. they brought this upon themselves Haha fecking awesome

Ms.Marvel
animals that arent us hunt other animals to extinction (or near exitnction).

just throwin that out there big grin

Enyalus
This kind of thing will stop once Megashark returns for his vengeance.

I16_8l0yS-g

Ms.Marvel
i cant see the video but is it the one that shows him taking out the airplane?

Enyalus
i cant see the video but is it the one that shows him taking out the airplane?
yes I see you are well educated in the epic-ness that is Mega Shark.

Wild Shadow
animals that arent us hunt other animals to extinction (or near exitnction).

just throwin that out there big grin which animal specifically are you referring to? on average most animals seem to find a niche in their environment so such a think doesnt happen and they dont kill in mass numbers.

Ms.Marvel
its actually a pretty common problem... usually as the result of one animal population becoming too numerous to be sustained in an ecosystem, for for example..

but i mean come on... humanities impact on animals aside, "animal extinction" in itself is a cornerstone of natural selection >_> animals have been driving other animals to extinction since forever. /no

Wild Shadow
does it happen? yes in a long slow progression as part of nature.. but to speed it up in a matter of generation it usually has to do with human interference of introducing certain animals into a different eco system.

Ms.Marvel
hence...

humanities impact on animals aside,

Enyalus
but i mean come on... humanities impact on animals aside, "animal extinction" in itself is a cornerstone of natural selection >_> animals have been driving other animals to extinction since forever. /no
Only if you believe in natural selection. biscuits

Ms.Marvel
good point shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.