Watchmen Substitution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
The Setting of the Watchmen, but the characters are swapped out with:

Nite-Owl: Blue Bettle (Ted Kord)
Rorschach: Marv (Sin City)
Silk Specter: Black Widow
Doctor Manhattan: Sentry
Comedian: Punisher
Ozymandias: Lex Luthor with Deathstroke level skills and stats

How do things play out any differently (if at all) from the original Watchmen?

JakeTheBank
Lex convinces Sentry to kill himself.

Black bolt z
We would have lost the war...sentry isn't nearly as strong as dr. manhatten.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
We would have lost the war...sentry isn't nearly as strong as dr. manhatten.
I think any decent High Herald thrown into a low intensity (relatively speaking) conflict like Vietnam would turn the tide rather decisively. You don't have to have total control over matter to kick the asses of some barefoot Vietcong.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Setting of the Watchmen, but the characters are swapped out with:

Nite-Owl: Blue Bettle (Ted Kord)
Rorschach: Marv (Sin City)
Silk Specter: Black Widow
Doctor Manhattan: Sentry
Comedian: Punisher
Ozymandias: Lex Luthor with Deathstroke level skills and stats

How do things play out any differently (if at all) from the original Watchmen? batman could fill most of their roles alone.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think any decent High Herald thrown into a low intensity (relatively speaking) conflict like Vietnam would turn the tide rather decisively. You don't have to have total control over matter to kick the asses of some barefoot Vietcong. True...
well then black widow would have put up a much bigger fight then silk specter and she never would have laid blue beetle...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
True...
well then black widow would have put up a much bigger fight then silk specter and she never would have laid blue beetle...
Never underestimate the subdued animal magnetism of a techie like Ted Kord. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
like someone said lex could convince sentry to kill himself due to his 12th lvl intellect.. anyways in a future alternate reality it was one of the reasons superman did not engage lex in a verbal argument..

actually i could see lex succeeding more often the not with his world hoax and beating the snot out of the team.

Doctor-Alvis
Would Lex be willing to kill so many people in an effort to attain peace? I've heard, except for his hatred for aliens, he's really a good guy. Maybe in a Dr. Doom sort of way.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lex convinces Sentry to kill himself. laughing out loudOriginally posted by psycho gundam
batman could fill most of their roles alone. Good call. thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Would Lex be willing to kill so many people in an effort to attain peace? I've heard, except for his hatred for aliens, he's really a good guy. Maybe in a Dr. Doom sort of way.
Oh hell yeah. He's a petty guy. Sure he wants to save the world and make Earth a Utopia, but on his terms and for his personal glory and the admiration of all mankind rather than the mere fact that its the right thing to do.

In 52 he deactivated the Everymen and caused the deaths of thousands (who suddenly fell out of the sky) merely on the hunch that Supernova was Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.