What trends do you absolutely hate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Wålshy~
converse? skinny jeans? plaid/flannel shirts making a comeback? looking at pics from coachella 2010 everyone looked like a half assed earl hickey
and also beards/moustaches i noticed too
hate all this shit
i follow it all religiously though

so what trends do you hate

Rogue Jedi
Flannel is making a comeback?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Flannel is making a comeback?

Yes. But it's a shitty flannel. Bright reds and blues, not the Seattle Grunge scene flannel.

Rogue Jedi
People who change their KMC name. Sup Ken.

haermm

LanceWindu
Wait, was that a joke?

Rogue Jedi
Yeah.......

Alpha Centauri
Clothing trends only?

Clothing wise: Wearing argyle sweaters, comic t-shirts and specs doesn't make you a geek. Sorry.

"Geek chic" is the biggest fraud there is.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Damn, I didn't even know half this shit was "trendy."

LanceWindu
Yeah.......

Well, it sucked.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Well, it sucked. It was supposed to suck big grin

Alpha Centauri

You didn't know that being a perceived "geek" is trendy? It is, it sucks too.

Why do you think The Big Bang Theory exists? The show, not the theory.

-AC

LanceWindu

If you were to go to a concert for a newer type band, you'll see a whole bunch of hipster wannabe's wearing the same type of clothes.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You didn't know that being a perceived "geek" is trendy? It is, it sucks too.

Why do you think The Big Bang Theory exists? The show, not the theory.

-AC No, the geek thing I knew about. What's even worse is when a girl/guy is attracted to a girl/guy geek solely because they are a geek, damn their personality, as long as they fit a certain image.

AbnormalButSane
Crocs were a terrible trend to see in Mississippi.

Rogue Jedi
"Gangsta" attire.

Alpha Centauri
No, the geek thing I knew about. What's even worse is when a girl/guy is attracted to a girl/guy geek solely because they are a geek, damn their personality, as long as they fit a certain image.

They're often not even geeks.

People think they're geeks for being computer literate nowadays. It's just dumb.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're often not even geeks.

People think they're geeks for being computer literate nowadays. It's just dumb.

-AC What's a geek then? I have my definition, what's yours?

LanceWindu
Geek is such a fine line nowadays.

I call myself geek, but I know I'm far from being a true geek.

Rogue Jedi
Geek is such a fine line nowadays.

I call myself geek, but I know I'm far from being a true geek. Well yeah, that's sort of what I am fishing for, what is a true geek?

LanceWindu
Well yeah, that's sort of what I am fishing for, what is a true geek?

My guess is someone who looks like this (see below), has no social skills and not in an ironic manner.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6361/nerdqs.jpg

AbnormalButSane
Well yeah, that's sort of what I am fishing for, what is a true geek?

Someone who bites heads off of chickens

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Someone who bites heads off of chickens

lol This is true.

Rogue Jedi
My guess is someone who looks like this (see below), has no social skills and not in an ironic manner.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6361/nerdqs.jpg haermm

Sol Valentine
If you were to go to a concert for a newer type band, you'll see a whole bunch of hipster wannabe's wearing the same type of clothes.

Coachella~

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Coachella~

yes

Hell, I went to a fairly small (in my opinion) music festival last month and 90% were wearing the same type of clothes...mostly involving neon type colors. Damn kids these days.

Sol Valentine
yes

Hell, I went to a fairly small (in my opinion) music festival last month and 90% were wearing the same type of clothes...mostly involving neon type colors. Damn kids these days.

Neon colors like that are fugly. I don't wanna look like an alien.

LanceWindu
This is one of the trendy types that makes me fffuuu:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1425/bqcdaaaaawodanbnaaaabc5uq.jpg

Sol Valentine
Lord have mercy.

It's like going into a clothing store with children and having them pick the outfits.

AbnormalButSane
I hate yuppies trying to look like their from the Delta.

Rogue Jedi
People who wear pro sports jerseys and don't even like the team.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Lord have mercy.

It's like going into a clothing store with children and having them pick the outfits.

The guy in the picture is in a band that my cousin loves. Dot Dot Curve, which is text for ": )"

Here's an example of the shit they call music.

QFVbkq6gLkU

Sol Valentine
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l15702SvUw1qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

no expression

Rogue Jedi
Oh my.

Bardock42

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6361/nerdqs.jpg

http://lordbyng.net/pelletier/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/nerd-venn-diagram.jpg

~Wålshy~
chillwave!

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://lordbyng.net/pelletier/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/nerd-venn-diagram.jpg

It all makes sense now.

Bardock42
Venn diagram to the rescue!!!

Sol Valentine

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Bardock42
Venn diagram to the rescue!!!

I do love them so!

That ACDC Chick
people who think of what they do, listen to, or wear as underground and who only do, listen to, or wear stuff that's underground
also the so-called "non-conformists" biggest joke ive ever heard awehawe

Bardock42
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
people who think of what they do, listen to, or wear as underground and who only do, listen to, or wear stuff that's underground
also the so-called "non-conformists" biggest joke ive ever heard awehawe You just don't get it, man. Walshy...he gets it.

Blinky
Facial piercings and gauged ears... it's not "deviant" anymore if everybody is doing it...

Rogue Jedi
Word.

BackFire
Vampires.

~Wålshy~
big ass headphones

Scythe

Kharhmah
Boys & girls who like to tell every single person they see that they're bi just because they think it makes them seem more interesting or rebellious.

But if it came down to someone suggesting they tell their parents or trying to get them together with a member of the same gender they'd run a mile and deny everything.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kharhmah
Boys & girls who like to tell every single person they see that they're bi just because they think it makes them seem more interesting or rebellious.

But if it came down to someone suggesting they tell their parents or trying to get them together with a member of the same gender they'd run a mile and deny everything. Hell yeah.

Selphie
'Bohemian chic'

I mainly hate that shit because I am actually part Bohemian....

Rogue Jedi
People who wear cowboy hats but aren't cowboys.

One Free Man
apple people. Get a life.. you're not cool, already.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Selphie
'Bohemian chic'

I mainly hate that shit because I am actually part Bohemian.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemianism

JacopeX

Sancty
Cropped pants, (the kind that are like 3 inches too short and just look like the person is wearing a size too small awehawe )
Army print
Flip flops
Converse
Really bright footless tights/leggings
Footless tights/Leggings as pants
Jeggings
Uggs
Crocs (seen them a lot here)
Leopard print on items too large, saw a woman wearing a full leopard print outfit once o.o looks alright on something small, not as pants though or a jacket O__O
People carrying around fake gucci, LV etc
Shoulder pads
Gilets
Waistcoats/Blazers.. the whole hipstery london look
Tutus + neon tights + legwarmers

The Nuul
This new 3-D trend sucks.

mikeydude
I absolutely hate the new skate nike's. I also hate any high top shoe that isnt converse.

I hate it that i start the trend of wearing slippers like as shoes, and everyone i know now wears them.
I hate people who gauge their random peircings. Like navel, hip, collarbone, nipples, penis, and even as nasty as it sounds..... anal.
I also hate the wallmart skater look. I hate the kids who wear shorts under shorts or jeans or sweatpants.
I utterly hate kids who have long hair and dont wash it.
I hate neon color hair dyes.
I hate people who get something because everyone has it. LIKE ****ING SKULLCANDYS! (headphones that go in your ear and cutt off all sound around you.)

I hate trend bands. I hate overused songs. And i hate people who call dimonds "rocks"
I pretty much listen to all of the metal- rap covers just to piss off the gangster kids in my school.

And for last i hate people who wear "flipflops" in 3 feet of snow.... like Wtf?

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by mikeydude
I absolutely hate the new skate nike's. I also hate any high top shoe that isnt converse.

I hate it that i start the trend of wearing slippers like as shoes, and everyone i know now wears them.
I hate people who gauge their random peircings. Like navel, hip, collarbone, nipples, penis, and even as nasty as it sounds..... anal.
I also hate the wallmart skater look. I hate the kids who wear shorts under shorts or jeans or sweatpants.
I utterly hate kids who have long hair and dont wash it.
I hate neon color hair dyes.
I hate people who get something because everyone has it. LIKE ****ING SKULLCANDYS! (headphones that go in your ear and cutt off all sound around you.)

I hate trend bands. I hate overused songs. And i hate people who call dimonds "rocks"
I pretty much listen to all of the metal- rap covers just to piss off the gangster kids in my school.

And for last i hate people who wear "flipflops" in 3 feet of snow.... like Wtf? slippers as shoes? that is awesome im totally doing that
anal piercing? awebrow

Selphie
Originally posted by One Free Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemianism

...and your point is?

That ACDC Chick

mikeydude

That ACDC Chick
i hate the Twilight trend
i used to like the books, i have them all, but then i outgrew them and the movies came out and everything just like exploded

One Free Man
Originally posted by Selphie
...and your point is? while there was a race, the rhapsody, the opera, and the typical word doesn't mean a race... >.> It means a lifestyle.

One Free Man
Also, I love converses, but just cause they are comfortable and I've worn Chucks since I was 3. And doctor who wears the red ones. Which is what i wear. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.