The Imperative vs New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Imperative Team
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Quasar
Nova

Vs

New Gods
Highfather
Orion
Takion
Infinity Man
Lightray

No BFR.

Omega Vision
New Gods. Takion and IM are what give them the edge, though Thanos will be a major problem.

Colossus-Big C
high father can merged all of his team and beat team 1

Desaad
Originally posted by Nihilist
Imperative Team
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Quasar
Nova

Vs

New Gods
Highfather
Orion
Takion
Infinity Man
Lightray

No BFR.

Highfather generally doesn't actually battle. Do we assume that he does in this instance?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Desaad
Highfather generally doesn't actually battle. Do we assume that he does in this instance?
He's battled in the past, even h/h against DS.

Black bolt z
New gods.
BTW why is team one called the imperative?

Desaad
After forsaking his role as Izaya the Warrior for Izaya the Inheritor, he generally didn't do battle. That was the point of his choice -- he opposed Darkseid with passive resistance. That was the point.

Later writers were...well, inconsistent at best, but off the top of my head the only time I saw him get physically involved in any confrontation that wasn't purely defensive (swatting away Lightray, for instance) would have been his battle against Ares in the heart of the Source.

He certainly CAN battle, as he was the greatest warrior of his era, but generally wouldn't.

Desaad
Originally posted by Black bolt z
New gods.
BTW why is team one called the imperative?

Those are some of the main players of the Thanos Imperative.

Gecko4lif
New gods take it with minimum difficulty 10/10

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist
Imperative Team
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Quasar
Nova

Vs

New Gods
Highfather
Orion
Takion
Infinity Man
Lightray

No BFR.

this was easy. even though Lightray is the weakest out of the two groups, Team 2 is gonna be tough.

Highfather, Takion, and Infinity Man themselves can give the Imperative a run for their money.

Gecko4lif
Light ray could take nova if he didnt fight like a retard

Uxas Khan
Several of the NG's could solo

Warlord
such as?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
Several of the NG's could solo

laughing out loud

Gecko4lif
Well team 2 has 3 skyfathers while team 1 has 1 low teir skyfather

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Well team 2 has 3 skyfathers while team 1 has 1 low teir skyfather

Who else besides High Father would you say are part of the 3 skyfathers that you see?

Gecko4lif
Takion and Infinity man

Omega Vision
Takion and Infinity man
IM is a definite maybe. Calling Takion a Skyfather is stretching it though, I'd put him around Trans level. Now that isn't to say he didn't have the potential to become a Skyfather (in fact he had the potential to be much more than that) but on panel he was never convincingly on that level.

batdude123
Thanos solos.

psycho gundam
^ inb4quan

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
IM is a definite maybe. Calling Takion a Skyfather is stretching it though, I'd put him around Trans level. Now that isn't to say he didn't have the potential to become a Skyfather (in fact he had the potential to be much more than that) but on panel he was never convincingly on that level.

Pretty fair imo and spot on.

So why are people so convinced the New Gods win here? 3 Skyfathers... come now... I see maybe one in Highfather.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Pretty fair imo and spot on.

So why are people so convinced the New Gods win here? 3 Skyfathers... come now... I see maybe one in Highfather.
Orion can take Gladiator, High Father can stall (I'm not sure if he can solo Imperative Thanos who's seemingly indestructible) Thanos while Takion takes Surfer.

Then you have IM and Lightray vs Quasar and Nova. I admittedly don't know much about either but seeing as Nova is somewhere around an Earth GL IM will have no problem taking him down and then can help Lightray with Quasar and then (assuming he can't do it on his own) Takion with Surfer.

Then you have Thanos versus the five New Gods. I'm betting that combined they can replicate the power of a nigh-depleted Cosmic Cube.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well first my friend... I don't know if we are using that Thanos as there is too little known about him at this time. That thanos or classic... Highfather is soloing either version. It's a good fight but you act like Highfather would walk over regular thanos but luckily this is "indestructable" Thanos.. Nah.

Based on feats and on panel depictions.. Surfer walks all over Taikon.. no iff ands or buts. Orion over Glads.... ummmmm sure I can see that. Nova would beat lightray... he is by far the weakest.

Omega Vision
Well first my friend... I don't know if we are using that Thanos as there is too little known about him at this time. That thanos or classic... Highfather is soloing either version. It's a good fight but you act like Highfather would walk over regular thanos but luckily this is "indestructable" Thanos.. Nah.

Based on feats and on panel depictions.. Surfer walks all over Taikon.. no iff ands or buts. Orion over Glads.... ummmmm sure I can see that. Nova would beat lightray... he is by far the weakest.
I think its more or less assured that other than Thanos anyone on Team Imperative who faces IM one on one is going down.

Never said Highfather would walk over Thanos, just that his raw power isn't something Thanos will be able to easily dismiss. Lack of feats doesn't defeat logic, Highfather is Darkseid's rough equal in power, if he wasn't then Darkseid would have steamrolled New Genesis a long time ago (well Orion is an impediment as well).

I'm afraid there is an if and a but about your Surfer>>>Takion statement. Takion held back the Godwave, something that takes mad power and energy manipulation to accomplish. He might even be able to manipulate the Power Cosmic, but that would be a stretch to assume.

Gecko4lif
Pretty much

celeyhyga17
hmm..lemme see

Thanos, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Quasar, Nova Prime

Vs.

Highfather, Infinity Man, Takion, Orion, Lightray

I see it as Highfather stalling Thanos, while the rest of the new gods take care of business.
IM, Tak, O, & Lr > SS, Glads, Q, & NP

if it were only these 4 i would take New Gods all day.
at least in a 7/10 clip
the ones who are left standing from these 4 will go help Highfather finish up Thanos. I see IM and Tak surviving then they both tackle Thanos for Highfather.

AsbestosFlaygon
Infinity-Man destroys any version of Thanos without artifacts.

Endless Mike
Alpha Force FTW

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think its more or less assured that other than Thanos anyone on Team Imperative who faces IM one on one is going down.

Never said Highfather would walk over Thanos, just that his raw power isn't something Thanos will be able to easily dismiss. Lack of feats doesn't defeat logic, Highfather is Darkseid's rough equal in power, if he wasn't then Darkseid would have steamrolled New Genesis a long time ago (well Orion is an impediment as well).

I'm afraid there is an if and a but about your Surfer>>>Takion statement. Takion held back the Godwave, something that takes mad power and energy manipulation to accomplish. He might even be able to manipulate the Power Cosmic, but that would be a stretch to assume.

Well I see we do have some disagreements here... To me the top dogs on the playing field are Highfater & IM & Thanos. That is why I could see a slight majority going to the New Gods.. maybe. However, if we are using Imperative Thanos... he is above anybody on this field. The other problem is IM is all over the spectrum when it comes to is showings and power levels... In some cases I can see surfer beating IM but if we are using peak IM.. yes he is beastly. Now... I think Highfather and Thanos is a good fight... I happen to think Thanos takes that matchup. IM vs Thanos... good fight.

Where we strongly disagree is on the surfer vs. takion matchup... To me there is little question who has the better feats. I think that is without question. Surfer's feats and general on panel showings do absolutly walk all over Takion's. Takion is like a walking hyperbolic statement with little to back it up... very little crazy on panel feats and even fewer vs. matchups where he has done well. The fact is surfer.. based on, on panel feats does walk all over Takion. Orion over Glads.. sure.. unless this is a h2h affair and that would be a great fight and I could see Glads taking some. Orion does have a tendency to go h2h instead of using all his powers. As stated before... lightray is the weakest on the list. Nova wins that and then goes on to help whoever.

In the end this is a pretty good fight and I could see the New Gods winning because of IM and Highfather. That being said if the matchups went certain ways.. I can see Marvel winning.

Lord Feron
Takion and Infinity man

well I think you very wrong. Takion has the potential to be one. IM is mighty and at peak is at best Trans level. Skyfather.. I don't think so.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
well I think you very wrong. Takion has the potential to be one. IM is mighty and at peak is at best Trans level. Skyfather.. I don't think so.
Infinity Man's power is at absolute worst slightly superior to Superman's but without any of Superman's weaknesses. So at least IM>=Surfer. At his strongest (DOTNG) he could probably give a Skyfather like Odin a run for his money.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Infinity Man's power is at absolute worst slightly superior to Superman's but without any of Superman's weaknesses. So at least IM>=Surfer. At his strongest (DOTNG) he could probably give a Skyfather like Odin a run for his money.

Okay... So then you agree that based on on-panel feats... Surfer walks all over Takion right?

Desaad
Okay... So then you agree that based on on-panel feats... Surfer walks all over Takion right?

I'd say that if you take an average, you'd have Takion as being more powerful.

Surfer has some impressive combat feats, but he's also got some astoundingly low showings, where as Takion pretty consistently seems to be incredibly powerful.

His fight against, Stayne, for instance...he's creating black holes mid battle, which is something I've never seen Surfer do in combat. He's casually stopping time and stepping between the seconds, which is not something that Surfer generally does.

It's clear that Takion was still in that 'rookie' phase, especially since his omniscience got removed early in the game, so he never fully utilized the abilities that he had but I'd argue that the implication was that he had a lot more potential than Surfer, potential which he seemed to have reached off panel based on temperament and subsequent appearances as genuine leader of New Genesis.

Omega Vision
In the same way that "based on on-panel feats Living Tribunal walks all over the Presence" yes, he does "walk all over him".

Its speculation either way.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fair enough.

Galan007
Takion momentarily slowing the forward progress of the Godwave before being killed by it, isn't much different than Surfer momentarily channeling the energies of the Crunch to defeat T&A, imo.

Not saying Takion isn't powerful, as he does have some pretty impressive feats to his name (slapping around Captain Atom/Kyle/Flash as a noob, comes to mind.) However, Surfer simply has many more high-end feats to his name.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Takion momentarily slowing the forward progress of the Godwave before being killed by it, isn't much different than Surfer momentarily channeling the energies of the Crunch to defeat T&A, imo.

Not saying Takion isn't powerful, as he does have some pretty impressive feats to his name (slapping around Captain Atom/Kyle/Flash as a noob, comes to mind.) However, Surfer simply has many more high-end feats to his name.
Takion has better hair. uhuh

ahah

stick out tongue

Galan007
Touche. vin

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
surfer looks better according to that

Galan007
Depends how you choose to look at each feat, I guess.

Though they're both insane by any standard.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Galan007
Surfer would've died afterward had G not healed him, though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Damn you my friend.... always have to point out things I forgot about!!

Omega Vision
Damn you my friend.... always have to point out things I forgot about!!
Its what he's good for. stick out tongue

Galan007
bashful

comicfan11
New Gods team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.