Anakin v. Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Similar thread in the Star Wars v. Forum but...

both versions are ROTS..

This takes place in the same area where Anakiin went to tell Mace that Palpatine was the Sith Lord they were looking for..

After Anakin tells Master Windu that Palpatine was the Sith lord that they are looking for, Mace is about to leave and confront him when Anakin demands he come along and help. Sensing something amiss with Anakin Mace tells him there is only one way to solve the problem...

Both ignite their lightsabers and the fight is on...

Darth Martin
Why?

dadudemon
Mace wins. He's the better duelist: better than anyone else in the movies. George Lucas said that Mace beat Palps fair and square. Palps is better than Yoda. Yoda was better than Dooku. Anakin beat Dooku by himself in III. But, I don't think Anakin is on par with Yoda and Dooku.

Also, that dude that did the choreography said that Mace was unique and wasn't assigned a #. Obi was 8, yoda and palps 9. Obviously, the choreographer wanted to make it a point that Palps was the best, as well.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Why?

-oWWbAqSHcE

Ms.Marvel
i always find it hard to discuss topics like this because it involves completely ignoring all of the material that clearly settles discussions just like this.

Rogue Jedi
Shenanigans.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i always find it hard to discuss topics like this because it involves completely ignoring all of the material that clearly settles discussions just like this.

lulz

I hate Star Wars vs. matches in the movie only thread.

NemeBro
Based on movies, Mace would absolutely crush Anakin.

Ms.Marvel
going by the movies anakin was moving way faster in his fight with obi-wan then mace was with sideous = P

truejedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Palps is better than Yoda.

I believe the movie showed a virtual stale-mate. Also, the screen-play of the movie states that Yoda disarmed Sidious with sabers before the larger force-fight.

Darth Martin
Palps is better than Yoda. No he isn't.

Rogue Jedi
Palpy is NOT better than Yoda. Yoda was winning the saber duel, that's why Palpy used force lightning.

dadudemon
Originally posted by truejedi
I believe the movie showed a virtual stale-mate. Also, the screen-play of the movie states that Yoda disarmed Sidious with sabers before the larger force-fight.

No he isn't.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Palpy is NOT better than Yoda. Yoda was winning the saber duel, that's why Palpy used force lightning.

With the exception of truejedi being closer to correct, Darth Sidius was a better duelist, force user, etc. than Yoda. Yoda was bested in every way by Sidius, in the film. I'm not sure why you guys would even contradict that. Just rewatch the film.

Ms.Marvel
where did it show sideous besting yoda with a lightsaber?

dadudemon
where did it show sideous besting yoda with a lightsaber?

The whole time.

I didn't even think that was debatable.

This is the first I've heard anyone say that Sidious was better than Yoda. Fer realz.

Ms.Marvel
thats how life works lol

in the eu section its a widely established fact that yoda was at the least very least sideous' equal in lightsaber combat. there's even a quote blown around there by GL stating that you have to be either yoda or mace to defeat sideous. *shrug*

EU and interviews aside i never saw anything in the movie that points to sideous > yoda in sabers. in fact in the movie in one scene we see yoda and sideous fighting with their lightsabers and in the very next scene with them sideous has no lightsaber and is throwing senate pods. that leads me to believe that he lost it.

Rogue Jedi
With the exception of truejedi being closer to correct, Darth Sidius was a better duelist, force user, etc. than Yoda. Yoda was bested in every way by Sidius, in the film. I'm not sure why you guys would even contradict that. Just rewatch the film. No need, I was watching it as I posted, I have seen it a dozen times and know it inside and out.

Yoda was a better duelist. Why do you think Sidious disengaged the saber battle?

dadudemon
thats how life works lol

in the eu section its a widely established fact that yoda was at the least very least sideous' equal in lightsaber combat. there's even a quote blown around there by GL stating that you have to be either yoda or mace to defeat sideous. *shrug*

EU and interviews aside i never saw anything in the movie that points to sideous > yoda in sabers. in fact in the movie in one scene we see yoda and sideous fighting with their lightsabers and in the very next scene with them sideous has no lightsaber and is throwing senate pods. that leads me to believe that he lost it.

No need, I was watching it as I posted, I have seen it a dozen times and know it inside and out.

Yoda was a better duelist. Why do you think Sidious disengaged the saber battle?

Yeah, I messed up my post, it should have said: "This is the first I've heard anyone say that Sidious wasn't better than Yoda. Fer realz."

Both of you, kindly, picked up on my mistake, and did not get confused, which is good for me.

So, yeah, I though Yoda was on even footing with Sidious for a bit, but Sidious was just playing around, laughing the whole time, never being tested. It's the part about Sidious being the most powerful Sith in Star Wars history, that does it for me. I was sure that only Mace's unique mastery of Form VII would be a match for Sidious with all others except an EU Luke standing a chance in a duel.

Rogue Jedi
Sidious was cackling because he is an evil bastard, he was having fun. He was giving it his all, though.

dadudemon
Yeah, I messed up my post, it should have said: "This is the first I've heard anyone say that Sidious wasn't better than Yoda. Fer realz."

Both of you, kindly, picked up on my mistake, and did not get confused, which is good for me.

So, yeah, I though Yoda was on even footing with Sidious for a bit, but Sidious was just playing around, laughing the whole time, never being tested. It's the part about Sidious being the most powerful Sith in Star Wars history, that does it for me. I was sure that only Mace's unique mastery of Form VII would be a match for Sidious with all others except an EU Luke standing a chance in a duel.

Yeah, that last part was supposed to say, "...with all others except for an EU Luke not standing a chance in a duel."

I'm just on top of things, today. durr

Sidious was cackling because he is an evil bastard, he was having fun. He was giving it his all, though.

He was laughing and having a good time, while giving it his all? Yeah, that doesn't bode well with me. Even Kenpachi stops laughing and enjoying himself when he gets serious business. (Two-handed sword striking Kenpachi gets as serious as a heart attack...but all other versions laugh their pewpers off when dueling.)

WickedDynamite
Why?

Why not?

Darth Martin
With the exception of truejedi being closer to correct, Darth Sidius was a better duelist, force user, etc. than Yoda. Yoda was bested in every way by Sidius, in the film. I'm not sure why you guys would even contradict that. Just rewatch the film.

Why do you think Sidious turned the tables and started the force fight? During the lightsaber duel, Sidious was screaming. Yoda was calm and collected. It was obvious when they met Sidious didn't want anything of Yoda.

"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

At the climax of the fight, Sidious poured everything he had at Yoda, only for it to be thrown right back at him. The rest was a result of positioning. Yoda, due to his small statuire, fell. On the other hand, Sidious didn't.

This is often an agreed upon theory that Sidious beat Yoda. Not from what I saw. Yoda looked superior.

You rewatch it. I've got it memorized.

dadudemon
Why do you think Sidious turned the tables and started the force fight? During the lightsaber duel, Sidious was screaming. Yoda was calm and collected. It was obvious when they met Sidious didn't want anything of Yoda.

"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

At the climax of the fight, Sidious poured everything he had at Yoda, only for it to be thrown right back at him. The rest was a result of positioning. Yoda, due to his small statuire, fell. On the other hand, Sidious didn't.

This is often an agreed upon theory that Sidious beat Yoda. Not from what I saw. Yoda looked superior.

You rewatch it. I've got it memorized.

Sidious did not fear Yoda, and he was having a blast. Mind you, he also won.

You rewatch it: Yoda got the beat down. I have it memorized.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Why not? If you want to debate it that bad, why not use the existing thread in the SWVF? It's obvious that this will be a mess as because Mace doesn't have any feats. The only things he's done onscreen are kill Fett and defeat Sidious. Anakin has had many more feats of swordsmanship and Force use. Yes, Mace is better, but we can't exactly prove it substantially here. In the other forum, we can because of the authorization of EU feats.

Excuse me, but recreating the exact same threads from the 'SWVF' in the 'MVF' seems ludicrous. confused

dadudemon
If Yoda beat Sidious, why did he lose?

At best, it can only be said that Yoda and Sidious stalemated on the saber duel.

Darth Martin
Sidious did not fear Yoda, and he was having a blast. Mind you, he also won.

You rewatch it: Yoda got the beat down. I have it memorized.

Sidious also had superior positioning. Sidious is probably superior to Yoda in offensive Force techniques such as TK. But he didn't win the Force fight.

Yoda got the beat down? Remember this bit?

http://intern.darklegion.de/eddie/distance.jpg

dadudemon
Yoda got the beat down? Remember this bit?

http://intern.darklegion.de/eddie/distance.jpg

Remember the part where Yoda crawled away, bloody and beaten and Sidious walked away, thoroughly amused?

Yeah, that part was awesome. Loved it.

Oh, and remember the part where Yoda admitted his fail? Yeah, that part was awesome, too.

Ms.Marvel
Remember the part where Yoda crawled away, bloody and beaten and Sidious walked away, thoroughly amused?

Yeah, that part was awesome. Loved it.

Oh, and remember the part where Yoda admitted his fail? Yeah, that part was awesome, too.

thats not a fair indicator though. there were clone security all over that place and as shown mere minutes after the fight ended clones were swarming the area. yoda cant handle sideous + several squads of clones at the same time. he'd simply run out of time. he didnt leave because sideous was his superior.

dadudemon
thats not a fair indicator though. there were clone security all over that place and as shown mere minutes after the fight ended clones were swarming the area. yoda cant handle sideous + several squads of clones at the same time. he'd simply run out of time. he didnt leave because sideous was his superior.

He left bloodied and beaten. He was close to getting killed, anyway.

Ms.Marvel
and spiderman beat someone who has faster than light reflexes and speed and can lift a hundred tons.

youre ignoring the circumstances.

Darth Martin

Oh, and remember the part where Yoda admitted his fail?

Bloody and beaten? Please.....

The reason he retreated was because of the 501 had come to Sidious' aid. So, if you want to get technical with it, Sidious had help. His bodyguards came to his rescue.

Yoda failed his mission: Kill Darth Sidious; doesn't mean he lost the fight. Mace failed to kill Sidious; we still acknowledge the fact that Sidious lost the lightsaber duel.

He was close to getting killed, anyway. Yoda wasn't the one with the "Oh Shit!" look on his face, nor was he screaming.

Rogue Jedi
Word.

WickedDynamite
If you want to debate it that bad, why not use the existing thread in the SWVF? It's obvious that this will be a mess as because Mace doesn't have any feats. The only things he's done onscreen are kill Fett and defeat Sidious. Anakin has had many more feats of swordsmanship and Force use. Yes, Mace is better, but we can't exactly prove it substantially here. In the other forum, we can because of the authorization of EU feats.

Excuse me, but recreating the exact same threads from the 'SWVF' in the 'MVF' seems ludicrous. confused

Because SWVF goes by canon and more strictly to SW fans. Here, is more for non SW fans in other words more open for everyone.

Kinda like with Comic book superheroes.

truejedi

Yoda still had his lightsaber, long after Sidious lost his. I would say that advantage was obviously Yoda.

With the force, Sidious's lightning blew up in his face that gave him the ol'shit his pants face right before it blew. At the very least, THAT was a stale-mate.

Before the duel even started, Sidious tried to run. To ME, that's incredibly indicative of who was superior.

truejedi
Yoda was bloody and bruised? Give me a screen shot with Yoda bloody and bruised?

Bardock42
Imma say it was equal, Sidious had the upper hand for a while when he was higher and could bombard Yoda easily, but Yoda fought back and seemed to overpower him when Sidious threw the lightning though he landed most unfortunately. I wouldn't say from the movie that their was any clear cut winner.

truejedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Imma say it was equal, Sidious had the upper hand for a while when he was higher and could bombard Yoda easily, but Yoda fought back and seemed to overpower him when Sidious threw the lightning though he landed most unfortunately. I wouldn't say from the movie that their was any clear cut winner.

And this is how those who have debated it for thousands of posts (sadly) have generally left it.

Robtard
Really depends if it's broken down into chapters or not.

If we're just talking about who was the better lightsabre duelist, pretty sure the guy who lost his blade lost that one.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Because SWVF goes by canon and more strictly to SW fans. Here, is more for non SW fans in other words more open for everyone. Aren't the movies canon here?

We won't throw rocks at foreigners. New people always welcome.

Bouboumaster
"Describe me, what do I look like?" - Mace
"What?" - Anakin
"What planet are you from?!" - Mace
" What?" - Anakin
"What ain't a planet I've heard of, do they speak english on What?" - Mace
"W...What?!" - Anakin
"ENGLISH, MOTHER****ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!" - Mace
"Yes!" - Anakin
"Then you know what I'm saying?!" - Mace
"...Yes!" - Anakin
"Describe me, what do I look like!" - Mace
"What!?" - Anakin
*prepare to gives the pimpslap*
"Say what again, say what again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time." - Mace

And so on, until the end of Ezekiel. After that, Mace chop the head of Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.