Dante runs the Street Fighter gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
Dante can only use Gilgamesh and Beowulf and no DT 4 1-4. Dante can go all out after this Xcept no QS, Doppelganger, or fire arms.

1-Ryu

2-Sagat

3-Seth

3.5-SNH Ryu

4-Gouken

5-Oro

6-Shin Bison

7-Shin Gouki

8-Gill

Gundam Fight...Readyyy...GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Demonic Phoenix
At least gets to 7, if not clearing it.

BloodRain
He'd clear this.

JustFrame
Umm... Alpha Bison can teleport, Mind Rape, with Psycho Powers, absolutely not an easy fight. It's been shown that during Alpha if Bison "even" chooses to fight remotely on a higher lvl that he absolutely destroys the majority of the SF cast for free.

He was stomping on the entire Doll Squad (Cammy included), along with Chunli, Guile, Ken, Sakura, Rose combined! Only when Ryu showed up did Dictator decide it was enough fun for one day.

Gill's a Demi-God, pure and simple, and I don't know all of Dante's feats, however Gouki strikes down mountains, islands, and sent a sunken ship outward from the ocean while shattering it into pieces.

Also, Dante is capable of dodging bullets...something that Ryu can do also, not to mention Ryu can punch with forces powerful enough to send out sonic boom waves. I don't see how this is "easy" on any standards to Dante.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Dante can only use Gilgamesh and Beowulf and no DT 4 1-4. Dante can go all out after this Xcept no QS, Doppelganger, or fire arms.

1. Speed Blitz

2-Speed Blitz

3-Can't see how Seth would beat Dante. He does have that blackhole thing but I doubt it's gonna do much.

3.5-Speed Blitz

4-Speed Blitz

5- Now that Dante is all out, Oro goes down easy.

6-This is where things become dangerous. He's pretty durable and is top tier with Psycho Drive available. If Dante does win, this would be a close fight.

7-Without Devil Trigger, I can't see Dante winning this. Akuma hits hard enough to shatter the Savior and that's not even in his Shin form. Gauntlet ends here.

JustFrame
Speed Blitzing all of those that you mentioned doesn't make any sense...my problem is, that I don't know all of Dante's feats which is why it's difficult for me to make a proper estimation in this "theory" vs one. If I remember, couldn't Dante only be fast enough to dodge bullets? Something that Ryu can do with ease.

Also, "if" Dante could speed blitz Ryu, then what's to stop him from speed blitzing someone like Gouki? The reason being is that, Ryu has been shown time and time again being able to match speed for speed with Gouki, besides "possibly" only when Gouki uses Asura Warp. Outside of that, the two has been shown being able to match each other in this department, considering Ryu contested against Gouki in A2, and within the SF:IV Anime Trailer, both in fact being able to send out sonic boom wave strikes indicating that they would have be ridiculously fast to create that.

So I don't agree with that entire logic of being able to just simply "speed blitz" half of the noted characters within the SF cast listed here, considering Sagat would be equal to Ryu's speed feats, otherwise no way does Sagat rival Ryu, in which he does. SnH Ryu would have Asura Warp along with a greater magnitude of everything. Also, it's weird on the listing because with the showing of Seth, he's at most only equal to Ryu, with Ryu possibly being even more powerful then Seth.

Not to mention, I don't see how Dante beats the most powerful characters of the SF Cast. No way does he pass Alpha 3 Bison, just look to the SFII:AM, sure the storyline in there is not canon, however their specials and abilities in there are credible to what the real SF cast can do. Within the II:AM, Dictator when he uses his Psycho Power, Teleports, he even uses a Psycho Shield of some sort that deflects attacks and even projectiles, and when doing this...Ryu and Ken got completely ocved.

In fact, during the time he did this, Bison didn't even get touched once by any of the other SF cast. Plus the fact that he can Mind Rape you as well would have to be noted. However Alpha 3 Bison would be heads and shoulders above this version, and I concede that "if" he was able to pass the other SF cast characters (Again, I will not agree or disagree simply for the sake that I do not have sources to Dante's Canon Feats so it's hard to gauge him up against someone like Ryu), he would be in a world of hurt against A3 Bison...everyone has to remember, that during the Alpha Series Time Frame...Bison was the most powerful character during that time, yes, even more so then Gouki, whom at the time was powerful enough to sink an island.

Also, Gill being last is kinda weird, considering Gouki was able to SGS him with ease, considering Gouki was fast enough to catch Gill off guard.

BloodRain
He can move so fast that rainfall appears to have stopped. Thats faster then any of these characters could keep up with.

Phanteros
Dante has been calc'ed to be moving low hypersonic/high supersonic.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by JustFrame
Speed Blitzing all of those that you mentioned doesn't make any sense...my problem is, that I don't know all of Dante's feats which is why it's difficult for me to make a proper estimation in this "theory" vs one. If I remember, couldn't Dante only be fast enough to dodge bullets? Something that Ryu can do with ease.

Dante can catch bullets with his teeth. Let's see Ryu try that. Also:

ZKOfilDf5G4
0:41

BloodRain
Single hand stopping the Savior amped by Gilgamesh, with Hyperspeed and a DT boost. Gives him the edge.

JustFrame
Moving at great Supersonic speed doesn't make him "faster" then the entire Street Fighter Cast. Guile's "Regular" Sonic Boom Travels at the slowest Mach 2 for crying out loud (which would indicate that any SF such as Ryu who would need to be able to dodge this would have to move at also insanely high speeds), not to mention Guile has a far more powerful version of his Sonic Boom (Sonic Hurricane for example). We can't gauge the speed of Ryu's Hadouken due to the fact that it's elements are not equated to anything we can value in terms of speed. However if Ryu can easily dodge bullets, I don't believe dodging Mach 2 projectiles would be difficult for him otherwise Guile would flat out rape Ryu by simply throwing out a Sonic Boom. Also, catching a bullet with his teeth is nice and is something that is pretty neat for Dante, however that just shows he's probably got stronger teeth then Ryu, not that he's clearly heads and shoulders faster, the supposed speed doesn't put him over the strong to strongest SF Cast.

So again, the speed of feats between the two seem to be fairly equal, I was myself equating that Dante would of at the worse moving at speeds equivalent to Ryu. Remember, that not only does Ryu move fast...but he strikes incredibly fast. He was shown striking Seth from a standing (non-moving) position at point blank range, with so much speed and force that it sent out sonic boom shock waves which would be nothing short but amazing (Forgot to mention that Seth sits there ideally laughing and talking to Ryu while sustaining all of these hits, so Durability needs to be talked about as well considering Seth took all of these hits like childs play). Not to mention we should also take into consideration that the Ryu who did this was Street Fighter IV Ryu...a Ryu who is Pre-SFIII Ryu, meaning a much weaker Ryu then the absolute most current version who is now training under Oro. When Ryu was launching and landing these blows...he still hasn't even mastered the Denjin-Hadouken, or the Shinshoryuken yet.

So I don't see how Dante gets the "auto-win" button against these opponents simply with "speed blitz" considering that especially SnH Ryu would also have Asura Warp which is exactly what Gouki utilizes as well, and Asura Warping would be faster then any speed that even current Ryu would be capable of.

You have to also factor in more then just "speed" here, considering that someone like Ryu is sustaining hits from an opponent who simply slammed his fist to ground sinking an island (Remember, he used no super move to do that, nothing special, he just simply thrust his fist to the ground collapsing the entire island and sinking it). Now I'm not implying that Ryu is sustaining mountain busting and island busting attacks everyday, however to get hit by Gouki and survive is an amazing feat all of it's own.

I'm beginning to believe now that Dante is as powerful as the strongest characters of the SF World besides the Super Elite SF Class meaning...Alpha Bison, Gill, Oro, Shin-Gouki, and Ingrid (<--- she's Automatically in here, skipping across the clouds, Time Travel, Telekinesis, her powers so great that even if A3 Bison were to try and take it, he would implode not even allowing his soul to transfer out, and her statement of saying that being punched by SF contenders is equivalent to only the feeling of being tickled, plus the last fact that being a Goddess does alot to your status too, and she arguably may be the most powerful Street Fighter character we know of canon-wise).

So, again, to me, it's not a clean win, ocv, just "speed blitz" for the auto-win of the day just doesn't work for me. So from what I can gather with the post above just simply the fight against someone like Ryu vs Dante would be very equal.

Originally posted by BloodRain
He can move so fast that rainfall appears to have stopped. Thats faster then any of these characters could keep up with.

There are characters who can Warp, and Teleport in the world of Street Fighter, Dante is not faster then "everyone" in the world in the Street Fighter.

Single hand stopping the Savior amped by Gilgamesh, with Hyperspeed and a DT boost. Gives him the edge.

Unless Dante does feats equivalent to the most powerful SF characters, I don't agree with this notion.

BloodRain
When have they cannonly dodged a mach speed shockwave?

Teleport =/= speed.
Teleporting makes the person appear somewhere instantly. Hyperspeed means he can travel fast and attack at that speed too. Ie, can land a hit in 1/10,000th of a second, and thats without DT.

Not stronger then everyone on the SF cast but his base thousands of tons strength is amped (with Gilgamesh and DT) by 10x~ and then his hits get a very high velocity increase from his hyperspeed.

JustFrame
When have they cannonly dodged a mach speed shockwave?

I don't understand this, couldn't you just put the two together and make an conclusive estimation?

"If" The Sonic Boom (being Mach 2) was "unavoidable" characters like Guile would and should easily own characters such as Ryu who then would "not" be able to avoid it. Which then comes to the other conclusion, if nobody on the SF cast, especially the strongest characters were not able to "dodge" or was capable of avoiding this attack then the Sonic Boom should easily be the most powerful Broken Projectile in the world of SF which would basically give Guile a significant edge over every single character. However Guile is not even one of the most powerful SF cast members (by his ranking at least), in fact, he's not even on Ryu's Level, not to mention that we know that the Sonic Boom is absolutely not the most powerful Projectile in the world of Street Fighter at that.

Otherwise, Guile should be higher then Ryu in the SF Power Rankings simply by default of a Mach 2 Projectile that Ryu can't avoid, because this single attack should allow him to beat Ryu cleanly. More over, characters like Charlie who can launch Sonic Booms from his knee's, elbows, and feet (More powerful then Guile even) should have completely destroyed Alpha Bison, however Alpha Bison beat him like a toy. So just simply by gauging the fact that since Guile's SB moves at the least Mach 2 thus in order for someone like Ryu to able to dodge such an attack, he would need to be able to move faster then it in order to do so. Guile's Sonic Boom is in a form of a shock wave like form, or disturbance of the air or what not, not completely sure on how he does it, but it's a wave of some sort.

Not really hard to figure this out, plus the other big fact that bullets are useless up against Ryu which actually makes even more sense, considering their are bullets that move even faster then Mach 2 anyhow.

So Ryu moving super fast seems quite logical, and the potential that the other SF characters more powerful then him being faster is very possible, especially if they can teleport, warp, and all those things.

Teleport =/= speed.
Teleporting makes the person appear somewhere instantly. Hyperspeed means he can travel fast and attack at that speed too. Ie, can land a hit in 1/10,000th of a second, and thats without DT.

I understand Hyperspeed, however that does that make Dante being equal to Bison's Teleportation or Gouki's Asura Warp or even SnH Ryu's Asura Warp?

The thing is, in SFII:AM (yes, not canon storyline wise, but feat wise with their special abilities, they are canon) Ryu even with his phenomenal speed and strikes, couldn't even touch Bison once when Bison was teleporting. Not even once, in fact, through out that entire movie, not even one single character was capable of hitting Bison when he chose to teleport.

Yet this is Ryu, the same character who can punch fast enough to disperse the air and cause SB's, yet couldn't even lay a finger on Bison. I'm inclined to believe that Bison's Teleport, Gouki's Asura even Sim's Teleport>>>>Dante's speed.

Not stronger then everyone on the SF cast but his base thousands of tons strength is amped (with Gilgamesh and DT) by 10x~ and then his hits get a very high velocity increase from his hyperspeed.

Which is where I basically put placed him at if he were in the world of Street Fighter, as strong as the strongest SF Cast besides the Super Elite, so with the conclusion, I still feel that characters like Ryu would be able to contend against him, while characters like Gouki would flat out beat him. So from my conclusion, this isn't just a "free win" for Dante on any sorts.

JustFrame
sorry for double post

BloodRain
Wait, isnt a sonicboom from Mach 1? Dodging that move would require the same actions as dodging a punch. (the way the attack is launched, you could counter by the attackers aim) And strength wise it wouldnt be above other projectiles. Besides doing all that would mean good speed but mainly a reaction feat to evade. Eg people in different media can dodge bullets with great reactions with just above human speed.

Its because Bison can react faster then their attacks to start his teleport, Bison's reaction > their speed. But, Dante's speed > Bison's reactions. In the time it takes for him to think about teleporting Dante could of already hit him. Teleport=/=speed feat.

Wouldnt mind knowing how Ryu can compete with Dante. Oh, and got a Gouki speed feat?

Darkstorm Zero
The biggest speadfeat dante has involves timestopper or quicksilver for the most part, However, his reactions and movement speeds are superhuman to say the least.

On that note though, so are the reaction speeds of a good chunk of Street Fighters.

Ryu probably can't compete in an overall sense with Dante. Speed feats for Gouki are basically Ryu's and Kens, but ramped up. plus he can travel anywhere on the planet in moments thanks to Asura Senkuu.

and as for dante out-speeding Bison's warp.... Err, no, Dante cannot react faster than thought. Hes not a DBZ character.

No End N Site
1-Ryu
Honestly, catchin' bullets wit your teeth is not as fast as dodgin' several bullets at close range like they were punches(like Ryu can). But, Dante has shown WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better speed feats than that so I have no idea why anyone would bring that up. Both Ryu and Dante are SUPER fast, Dante is just faster (not by SUPER ridiculous margins, tho). I would give Dante the edge in striking force and the edge in physical strength. Ryu's only real advantage is his Hadoukens and I'm sure Dante can get around those, too. All and all, given Dante's restrictions in this fight, I think he manages to edge out Ryu FTW. 'Should also keep in mind that Ryu's current levels are unknown, all we can say is that every feat he has ever accomplished can now be done better to a degree.

2-Sagat
Dante will most likely win.

3-Seth
Dante will most likely win again, given the fact that I don't take Seth's Ultra1 seriously at all.

3.5-SNH Ryu
Dante wins again, although if he slips up and gets caught by the SGS, he's done for.

4-Gouken
Dante will win, Gouken doesn't have much to gauge his powers with. So it's more leaned towards the unknown for me.

5-Oro
This is more up in the air for me. Oro can jump outta the atmosphere and survive reentry and this it as special move of all things. He can easily slam Dante around wit 1 hand if given the chance. He can also create Terra Destroyer (Black Wargreymon) (HUGE ass, nearly screen fillin' balls of chi) sized energy attacks. Not to mention that dude can TK boulders and a whole bunch of other shit at the same time. This can go either way, not sure who would win this.

6-Shin Bison
If Bison wasn't allowed to use his WMD, Dante would win. In fact, IRC, in DT Dante could fly? This would be one hell of a fight but I can see Dante just edgin' it out by avoidin' the Psycho Blast through flight...Hell No! Bison can fly faster than a jet. Dante goes down but not by alot, he could still possibly win. Bison's victory just seems more likely.

7-Shin Gouki
I give Dante a decent edge in speed but Akuma just has to punch him once to pretty much end it. Akuma takes this.

8-Gill
This man can part a sea, a sky, turn a whole mountain red and blue all at the same time, and all wit one have of his hand. He can easily wave that very same hand and part Dante.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The biggest speadfeat dante has involves timestopper or quicksilver for the most part, However, his reactions and movement speeds are superhuman to say the least.
Dante's best speed feat makes the rain come to a standstill to him, thats hypersonic+.

danteiscool
Dante would most likely stop at Shin Gouki. if the damage he's taken from the previous fights count, then it would seem likely for him to lose then, but he's not going to go down easily regardless of who it is.

Bro SMASH
I don't think anybody knows the full extent of Dante's power when he's in Devil Trigger form, thus I think he has a good chance against Shin Gouki, especially if he has the speed advantage.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I don't think anybody knows the full extent of Dante's power when he's in Devil Trigger form, thus I think he has a good chance against Shin Gouki, especially if he has the speed advantage.

Oh wait, Dante can use Devil Trigger for Shin Akuma? Geez, I keep misreading things!

Though there is a problem:

zmXxpl6oSNI

That's just regular Akuma. I'd hate to be Dante if there was Shin involved.

BloodRain
Nice.. Still, he will have to be alot faster to land effective hits, and thats if they're not absorbed by Royal Guard. (if thats allowed here) And if he manages to get past Dante's speed and Royal Guard any hit will be recovered by his impressive regen thats made more potant in DT.

Sin_Volvagia
Nice.. Still, he will have to be alot faster to land effective hits, and thats if they're not absorbed by Royal Guard. (if thats allowed here) And if he manages to get past Dante's speed and Royal Guard any hit will be recovered by his impressive regen thats made more potant in DT.

I don't think Royal Guard could handle something like Akuma (unless it worked on big demons).

BloodRain
By itself it can absorb most of the damage, a right timed one takes in all the damage both for any attack, and in the novel Dante uses Dreadnaught to block the Saviors huge beam attack and didnt take damage from it.

No End N Site
I just played DMC2 and I think if Dante (as crappy as the game was) had access to some of those abilities...he could beat Akuma (the one we know of). Still unsure about Gill.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
1-Ryu
Dante has more attacks, moves, and tricks at his disposal so he passes

2-Sagat
Dante has more attacks, moves, and tricks at his disposal so he passes

3-Seth
As long as Seth doesn't absorb him with his ultra, Dante should be fine

3.5-SNH Ryu
As long as he can evade SNH Ryu's raging demon and not get surprised when Ryu does his teleport, Dante should clear with a few injuries. Losses here if Dante isn't allowed to get rest.

4-Gouken
If Gouken's power of nothingness can negate Dante's powers, then Dante loses here. If not, then Dante continues.

5-Oro
Can't recall enough info about Oro

6-Shin Bison
Probably stops here because Shin Bison will go apeshit on Dante with his Psycho powers and overwhelm Dante.

NemeBro
and as for dante out-speeding Bison's warp.... Err, no, Dante cannot react faster than thought. Hes not a DBZ character. The speed of forming a coherent thought is about 550 milliseconds. Not all that fast honestly.

Though Bison's thoughtspeed is probably greater than the average human's, he has shown to travel at mach 3-4 speeds.

chuck inglish
Dante speedblitz.. As far as I know no one in street fighter is hyper sonic

No End N Site
As I always say, Dante can win if he has Yamato. If he does not have it, he will lose, quickly and badly.

All the speed in the world is worthless if you lack the strength to hurt the foe and the stamina to survive even the slightest assault.

He is gonna need that sword against, Evil Ryu, Shin Bison, Akuma, and Gill for sure, cuz those guys have damage soak and destructive power output beyond Dante's wildest dreams. They all could literally vaporize or liquify him in 1 move. And anything he throws out at'em, that's not from Yamato, will tickle them at best.

chuck inglish
no if you watched the gilgamesh video it clearly shows dante cutting up the hellgate with the spikes on gilgamesh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYPxNsVSNc

Kuja9001
You banned QS but Dante still has acess to the Bangle Of Time, which completely stops time.

No End N Site
Originally posted by No End N Site
As I always say, Dante can win if he has Yamato. If he does not have it, he will lose, quickly and badly.

All the speed in the world is worthless if you lack the strength to hurt the foe and the stamina to survive even the slightest assault.

He is gonna need that sword against, Evil Ryu, Shin Bison, Akuma, and Gill for sure, cuz those guys have damage soak and destructive power output beyond Dante's wildest dreams. They all could literally vaporize or liquify him in 1 move. And anything he throws out at'em, that's not from Yamato, will tickle them at best. What does that have to do with what I said? Yamato is stated to slice through the fabric of space, itself. That's very sharp and is literally his only chance at a win and as the plot of SFIV advances, his chances are becomin less and less slim.

NemeBro
I would sort of agree.

Against the top-tiers of SF, Dante would be hard-pressed to hurt them.

Nuke+ surviving is not out of the realm of possibility for them.

chuck inglish
Lol show me some durability feats then I'll believe you cause the shit you're saying isn't making sense

NemeBro
tkBPlmUIyMQ

In this video, Bison flies faster than a jet, as well as surviving his base going nuclear while being bombed. Yes, he is then taken out by jet bullets, but by then IIRC his Psycho Drive was destroyed.

chuck inglish
Originally posted by NemeBro
tkBPlmUIyMQ

In this video, Bison flies faster than a jet, as well as surviving his base going nuclear while being bombed. Yes, he is then taken out by jet bullets, but by then IIRC his Psycho Drive was destroyed.

Lol seriously? The fastest jet moves at mach 9.8 Dante's fastest speed is Mach 15 and how do we even know that ending is canon? Seriously it's contradicted by everyone's else's ending where they too also kill bison and him being killed by jet bullets proves he probably had a psyho power shield on when he tanked that nuke so yeah Dante still rapes nice try though

NemeBro
We see him being hit by the explosion, there is no shield. And once more: Psycho Drive was destroyed. Plus, you know, he could have been injured by the nuke, but surviving it alone is above a feat of Dante's.

I'm not saying Bison is as fast as Dante, but he and other top-tiers have large-scale AOE to compensate for the lack of speed.

Try to be a little more clever the next time you debate me.

chuck inglish
We see him being hit by the explosion, there is no shield. And once more: Psycho Drive was destroyed. Plus, you know, he could have been injured by the nuke, but surviving it alone is above a feat of Dante's.

I'm not saying Bison is as fast as Dante, but he and other top-tiers have large-scale AOE to compensate for the lack of speed.

Try to be a little more clever the next time you debate me.
still haven't showed me if that ending was canon or not

NemeBro
Endings show canon abilities short of examples where someone beat someone else or power-ups.

Though this event occurs throughout multiple endings, and is part of the canon in SFA3.

... I don't really feel like looking for the information needed to show this.

No End N Site
Originally posted by chuck inglish
Lol show me some durability feats then I'll believe you cause the shit you're saying isn't making sense

Bison is nuked, in canon, in this ending.

http://gifsoup.com/view4/3265035/bison-o.gif

Then he comes outta of it all, and fights her, a very strong character.

http://gifsoup.com/view2/3265057/rose-o.gif
Those are the final events of SFA3's story. To get the whole story, read here http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/564869-street-fighter-alpha-3/faqs/14699

And Akuma and Evil Ryu are on the same lvls and split mountains and blow up islands, whilst holdin back. And the Laws of Motion dictate that the physical force a body can dish out can be taken in.

Lol seriously? The fastest jet moves at mach 9.8 Dante's fastest speed is Mach 15 and how do we even know that ending is canon? Seriously it's contradicted by everyone's else's ending where they too also kill bison and him being killed by jet bullets proves he probably had a psyho power shield on when he tanked that nuke so yeah Dante still rapes nice try though

Bison flies faster than fighters jets. Dante can't fly at all. Advantage, Bison.

And Bison never dies permanently in any of the endings, due to the Psycho Drive makes Bison immortal and he can revive an infinite number of times.

NemeBro
Plus Akuma and other top-tiers can tank attacks of other characters, and Akuma in base fought Gouken inside of a volcano.

chuck inglish
Bison is nuked, in canon, in this ending.

http://gifsoup.com/view4/3265035/bison-o.gif

Then he comes outta of it all, and fights her, a very strong character.

http://gifsoup.com/view2/3265057/rose-o.gif
Those are the final events of SFA3's story.

And Akuma and Evil Ryu are on the same lvls and split mountains and blow up islands, whilst holdin back. And the Laws of Motion dictate that the physical force a body can dish out can be taken in.

Bison flies faster than fighters jets. Dante can't fly at all. Advantage, Bison.

And Bison never dies permanently in any of the endings, due to the Psycho Drive makes Bison immortal and he can revive an infinite number of times.

uhh no Bison's body didnt survive that explosion his soul did hence the reason he had to take over rose's body http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Bison#Street_Fighter_Alpha_3

chuck inglish
Plus Akuma and other top-tiers can tank attacks of other characters, and Akuma in base fought Gouken inside of a volcano.

Dante tanked fires hotter than a volcano so your point is?

NemeBro
We clearly see in the gif No End posted that Bison is physical, and he fought her physically in the storyline.

Akuma takes island sinking punches from Gouken.

Try harder.

No End N Site
uhh no Bison's body didnt survive that explosion his soul did hence the reason he had to take over rose's body http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Bison#Street_Fighter_Alpha_3

lol That's a wiki! How could only his soul survive when the Drive is Destroyed? If only his soul remains, how does he confront Rose in a physical body? Take some time to think about that.

chuck inglish
C'mon guys do you read the shit you post? Bison clearly states "you impressed me but my SOUL will not be extingushed yet

"Akuma takes island sinking punches from Gouken."

lol when did Gouken sink an island?

NemeBro
We then see him physically punch Rose in the stomach.

no expression

Akuma sunk an island at base form when he was younger.

Gouken can match an older and more powerful Akuma blow for blow. They are equals.

No End N Site
C'mon guys do you read the shit you post? Bison clearly states "you impressed me but my SOUL will not be extingushed yet

"Akuma takes island sinking punches from Gouken."

lol when did Gouken sink an island?

I don't get what that has to do with him clearly tankin the blast. And he's bluffin, his soul aint eternal anymore without the Drive. He only survives through a body possession.

We don't even have to use the A>B>C logic, Akuma can tank his own punches, which blow island to tiny bits, so says Issac Newton.

And with that. I am bored. I'm gonna go play some video games.

chuck inglish
We then see him physically punch Rose in the stomach.

no expression

Akuma sunk an island at base form when he was younger.

Gouken can match an older and more powerful Akuma blow for blow. They are equals.
the fact that he says Soul proves you wrong

akuma didn't sink that island with a casual punch though so no

NemeBro
the fact that he says Soul proves you wrong

**** yeah, Bison's soul is so mother****ing power it punches muttafukkaz in da gutz without giving a single shit.

Yes he did.

The move you are thinking of was invented years later.

chuck inglish
**** yeah, Bison's soul is so mother****ing power it punches muttafukkaz in da gutz without giving a single shit.

Yes he did.

The move you are thinking of was invented years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljD2NSSCj-Y watch the ending. Bison and rose were battling inside her mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo (00:23) looks like he's powering up to me so no him busting islands are not casual punches

stargun
At around 0:07 min in the video; Both Akuma and Gouken had that peculiar aura around them while they were fighting each other as shown in Gen's flashback.

CxxDBYCHmic

Akuma's island busting feat was performed while he was in that same state which doesn't mean he was charging or focusing anything as some would like to speculate.

As for the match I can't say really since the only DMC games I have played are the first one and 4...

Frisky Dingo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljD2NSSCj-Y watch the ending. Bison and rose were battling inside her mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo (00:23) looks like he's powering up to me so no him busting islands are not casual punches

Are you serious?
This really looks like Vega and Rose were having a mental duel
2:25 onwards
ljD2NSSCj-Y

The instant of him busting the island is a casual punch at this point. That scene is taken from him in a weaker form, nearly twenty years before his current version.

chuck inglish
Are you serious?
This really looks like Vega and Rose were having a mental duel
2:25 onwards
ljD2NSSCj-Y

The instant of him busting the island is a casual punch at this point. That scene is taken from him in a weaker form, nearly twenty years before his current version.

yes that battle took place in her mind, just read the ending

akuma isn't island busting with casual punches still until i myself see colateral damage around the area when he punches an opponent until than No

man, so much street fighter wank. I bet kenshiro solos the whole verse

Frisky Dingo

akuma isn't island busting with casual punches still until i myself see colateral damage around the area when he punches an opponent until than No

Nothing in that ending indicates that. Your claim is that of a true loon.

9TtwRoLbOAo
Proof is right here. All your doing is denying clear canon events and looking very silly in doing so.

Due to you're clear lack of reasonable thought, I find myself incapable of taking you seriously. Thus, chuck, you are ignored.

Originally posted by stargun
At around 0:07 min in the video; Both Akuma and Gouken had that peculiar aura around them while they were fighting each other as shown in Gen's flashback.

CxxDBYCHmic

Akuma's island busting feat was performed while he was in that same state which doesn't mean he was charging or focusing anything as some would like to speculate.

Right, Gouki glows all the time, even in game-play. It's a very normal thing.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-ts-w1.gif

stargun

akuma isn't island busting with casual punches still until i myself see colateral damage around the area when he punches an opponent until than No A flashback in Rose's prologue for vanilla SF IV actually shows her (or Bison in possesion of her body, not sure) leaving the place she and Bison were fighting and Bison's body was laying in the ground, surely that seems to have been a physical battle. Also Rose lost part of her memory afterwards, hence why she might have thought the fight never happened at least for a moment when she awoke.

Personaly I don't think Akuma was holding back when he sunk the island as he normaly does to avoid killing far weaker opponents but there's also no indication that he did anything else other than just punch the ground.

And the aura he had surrounding him (which can also be identified in his fight with Gouken) is nothing more but a manifestation of his Satsui No Hadou. He can have it around him whenever he wants...

foKg6gIgDvA

man, so much street fighter wank. I bet kenshiro solos the whole verse Not sure what's your point bringing up Hokuto No Ken in a video game forum, but I digress. No one's wanking SF here, we're just making sure whoever's trying to low-ball the series doesn't stay uncorrected. And if you really despise SF so much as you seem to do you should try to stay out of threads involving characters from the series, instead of bumping a one year old thread with SF characters in it.

chuck inglish
Nothing in that ending indicates that. Your claim is that of a true loon.

Right, Gouki glows all the time, even in game-play. It's a very normal thing.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-ts-w1.gif

no need to get mad bro i'm just saying gouki isnt iland busting with casual punches he just lacks the destructive properties of island busting when fighting, no colateral damage but dante still takes himdue to the speed difference

chuck inglish
A flashback in Rose's prologue for vanilla SF IV actually shows her (or Bison in possesion of her body, not sure) leaving the place she and Bison were fighting and Bison's body was laying in the ground, surely that seems to have been a physical battle. Also Rose lost part of her memory afterwards, hence why she might have thought the fight never happened at least for a moment when she awoke.

foKg6gIgDvA

but the problem with that is Guy carried her away(ending shows her wlking away) and Bison pershed into a blue mist thingy

No End N Site
but the problem with that is Guy carried her away(ending shows her wlking away) and Bison pershed into a blue mist thingy

Yea, that's cuz Rose's prologue displays the events after SFII. Guy is shown carryin her off in SF Alpha 3, long before II.

SSFIV makes multiple references to that event because the exact same event happens again, here
ZOk32DPaV2c
and here.
7G73EB7XtTE
That's how Guy knows who she is, cuz he rescued her before.Originally posted by chuck inglish
no need to get mad bro i'm just saying gouki isnt iland busting with casual punches he just lacks the destructive properties of island busting when fighting, no colateral damage but dante still takes himdue to the speed difference

That's crappy logic at it's highest lvl. Collateral damage is never factor in disprovin any feat. The SFs are skilled martial artist, most of which are in total control of their power. They don't have to blow up islands with every punch if that's not their intent.

To illustrate how hard Akuma hits, Ryu broke his arm and leg tryin to block Akuma's punches in the Ryu Final.

NemeBro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo (00:23) looks like he's powering up to me so no him busting islands are not casual punches Are you on pot? Where in that video is Bison shown to be battling Rose inside her mind, except at the very end, after she defeated Bison physically? Did the Dolls battle Rose in her mind too? No dog, you need to calm down.

Akuma has an aura on so often it is virtually standard for him.

chuck inglish
Yea, that's cuz Rose's prologue displays the events after SFII. Guy is shown carryin her off in SF Alpha 3, long before II.

SSFIV makes multiple references to that event because the exact same event happens again, here
ZOk32DPaV2c
and here.
7G73EB7XtTE
That's how Guy knows who she is, cuz he rescued her before.

That's crappy logic at it's highest lvl. Collateral damage is never factor in disprovin any feat. The SFs are skilled martial artist, most of which are in total control of their power. They don't have to blow up islands with every punch if that's not their intent.

To illustrate how hard Akuma hits, Ryu broke his arm and leg tryin to block Akuma's punches in the Ryu Final.

ok you got me. It seems i have'nt been paying attention to street fighter to lately but that ending with bison surviving a nuke was non canon though and it doesn't matter if Akuma is busting islands with blows. He just isn't fast enough to keep up with dante strength <speed

No End N Site
ok you got me. It seems i have'nt been paying attention to street fighter to lately but that ending with bison surviving a nuke was non canon though and it doesn't matter if Akuma is busting islands with blows. He just isn't fast enough to keep up with dante strength <speed

He get's blown up in almost every ending. The gif I posted shows'im gettin blown up in a canon ending. He did tank the nuclear blast in canon.

Yeah, but besides Yamato, Dante can't hurt any of the fighters I mentioned, despite his speed. Nor is Dante fast enough to vacate the destructive area of Akuma's weakest punches. Akuma could punch the ground and kill Dante from a city block away. Hell, Akuma's KKZ at normal lvls split a landmass over 3 miles long and over 1,400 ft thick landmass, instantly.

This move was done in his weakest state, he could constantly whip this move out at any time.

chuck inglish
He get's blown up in almost every ending. The gif I posted shows'im gettin blown up in a canon ending. He did tank the nuclear blast in canon.

Yeah, but besides Yamato, Dante can't hurt any of the fighters I mentioned, despite his speed. Nor is Dante fast enough to vacate the destructive area of Akuma's weakest punches. Akuma could punch the ground and kill Dante from a city block away.

in the canon ending does it show bison getting hit with a "nuke" and does it say NUKE in the canon ending and why can't dante hurt akuma again?

NemeBro
Akuma's forest busting attack in his SSFIV ending should easily compensate for the speed difference.

chuck inglish
Nor is Dante fast enough to vacate the destructive area of Akuma's weakest punches. Akuma could punch the ground and kill Dante from a city block away.

oh really? so you're saying dante could'nt jump out the way cause he sure is fast enough to react to it you know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPvxnelczg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AyFnt2yaU&feature=related

NemeBro
I wouldn't be so quick to say Akuma's punches alone will suffice No End, because Dante is getting nowhere near the full impact.

His forest busting is easily sufficient though.

Others can replicate such AOE attacks.

chuck inglish
am still not getting where you guys are saying akuma's skin is impenetrable. you guys have no feats so basically what you're doing is talking out your ass

NemeBro
Herpderp.

Gouken has matched blows with Akuma.

It is well within a reasonable assumption to assume that Gouken hits harder than a much younger Akuma than the one he is stalemating.

Therefore, Akuma can withstand blows similar to what he can dish out.

Simple logic.

No End N Site
in the canon ending does it show bison getting hit with a "nuke" and does it say NUKE in the canon ending and why can't dante hurt akuma again?

No ballistic explosion on Earth can creates a flamin mushroom cloud that large, nor that fast. It would take millions of tons of TNT and the force generated from that blast would be far greater than any nuke, since nuke's destructive force is amplified by heat and radiation. A blast that large from a ballistic weapon would have multiple times more explosive force than any nuke. Since a "nuke-sized" blast from a ballistic weapon would be generated almost entirely by explosive force.

laughing So fine, it wasn't nuclear blast, it was just an impossible amount of TNT.

And Dante can't hurt Akuma cuz he lacks the force to do so, without the Yamato. Akuma can tank his own punches, which explode islands. Nukes can't blow up islands. 5 nukes can't blow an island to shards.

chuck inglish
Herpderp.

Gouken has matched blows with Akuma.

It is well within a reasonable assumption to assume that Gouken hits harder than a much younger Akuma than the one he is stalemating.

Therefore, Akuma can withstand blows similar to what he can dish out.

Simple logic.

lol no -_- bullshit show me gouken sinking an island with a punch than i'll believe you until than you're just making shit up going by your logic means ryu can tank island busting blows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxVKlRUjJg and ryu was shown hurting akuma the video too

chuck inglish
so basically you guys are saying akuma can tank what he can dish out huh? If that was the case DBZ characters wouldn't die from planet busting attacks don't ya think. so yeah another failed logic gone down the drain

NemeBro
As I recall Freeza didn't die from Namek's explosion.

Also, we're talking about physical abilities.

Gouken has physically stalemated Akuma, so clearly in physical matters they are similar. This is basic ****ing logic.

I have no issue with Ryu being very durable, boyo.

Try to be less idiotic in the future.

No End N Site
lol no -_- bullshit show me gouken sinking an island with a punch than i'll believe you until than you're just making shit up going by your logic means ryu can tank island busting blows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxVKlRUjJg and ryu was shown hurting akuma the video too
Common sense, man!
Newton's 3rd Law of Motion
The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear.

As Akuma punches an island with the force to destroy it, that same force is pushin back on Akuma.

There is no way a man, greatly limiting his own power, can punch an island to pieces, turn around, punch himself with the same force and die. That is comical laughing

Punch a wall, then punch yourself in the face. Tell me what happens.

chuck inglish
As I recall Freeza didn't die from Namek's explosion.

Also, we're talking about physical abilities.

Gouken has physically stalemated Akuma, so clearly in physical matters they are similar. This is basic ****ing logic.

I have no issue with Ryu being very durable, boyo.

Try to be less idiotic in the future.

Friezea was on the verge of ****ing dying and please explain why goku and vegeta had to evacuate the earth when buu blew it up. simple they're weren't going to survive it same goes for mystic gohan

oh oh so now ryu is durable enough to take island busting blows? than why does he have to keep his guard up agianst c.viper? oh i forgot she must bust islands too. keep in mind im powerscaling now..

show me ther battle where gouken stalemated akuma

chuck inglish
Common sense, man!

As Akuma punches an island with the force to destroy it, that same force is pushin back on Akuma.

There is no way a man, greatly limiting his own power, can punch an island to pieces, turn around, punch himself with the same force and die. That is comical laughing

Punch a wall, then punch yourself in the face. Tell me what happens.

i just punched myself in the face and it hurt like hell. so your point is?

NemeBro
Friezea was on the verge of ****ing dying and please explain why goku and vegeta had to evacuate the earth when buu blew it up. simple they're weren't going to survive it same goes for mystic gohan

oh oh so now ryu is durable enough to take island busting blows? than why does he have to keep his guard up agianst c.viper? oh i forgot she must bust islands too. keep in mind im powerscaling now..

show me ther battle where gouken stalemated akuma

Freeza had been blown in half and nearly killed by Goku's retaliatory blast by the time Namek blew up. Planet busting is a large term, what can bust Earth could not bust Jupiter. Try harder.

Evil Ryu couldn't actually be injured by C. Viper. SF III Ryu is canonically more powerful than his Evil self. Also, Akuma was going easy on Ryu, as per usual. He was not against Gouken, who withstood the Shun Goku no Satsu when they had a rematch.

No. Find it yourself. I'm done holding your hand.

chuck inglish
you owe me money to patch my wall cause i just punched a hole in it

chuck inglish
Freeza had been blown in half and nearly killed by Goku's retaliatory blast by the time Namek blew up. Planet busting is a large term, what can bust Earth could not bust Jupiter. Try harder.

Evil Ryu couldn't actually be injured by C. Viper. SF III Ryu is canonically more powerful than his Evil self. Also, Akuma was going easy on Ryu, as per usual. He was not against Gouken, who withstood the Shun Goku no Satsu when they had a rematch.

No. Find it yourself. I'm done holding your hand.

but akuma wasn't fighting evil ryu he was fighting regular ryu and it did'nt look like he was holding back and where is it stated that SFe ryu is stronger than evil ryu?

gouken emptied his soul he never withstood the shun goku no satsu

you cliamed they were stalemating each other so you have to show me proof

No End N Site
so basically you guys are saying akuma can tank what he can dish out huh? If that was the case DBZ characters wouldn't die from planet busting attacks don't ya think. so yeah another failed logic gone down the drain

Listen very carefully.

1. Most planets have molten nuclear cores. So when a planet is hit with blast, it's not only facin the energy of blast, the core is also eruptin. Addin an ridiculous amount of force to the explosion.

2. When most DBZ characters are firin off planet endin blast, they are usin all their power, so yeah, they would just be able to tank their own blast without dyin. Howvere, when you add in the force of a gigantic nuclear core goin off with their own blast, it becomes more than they can tank.

3. The closest thing to the Earth, the moon, is 238,855 miles away. Goku's blast may be just enough to explode the Earth, meanwhile Cell's blast may be destructive enough blow up the Earth and reach half way to the moon. Both blasts blew up the Earth and the Earth only, but one is still clearly greater, more than Goku could tank. He will die from it, despite the fact that they both can destroy the same object.

I hope this helps you.Originally posted by chuck inglish

Did you die from it? No. Now, you can tank the force of your own punch. http://blogs.dailymail.com/marshall/files/2011/10/YouWin.png

And so does Akuma, who didn't punch the island as hard as he could and did so at a weaker point in his life.

chuck inglish
still not telling me why goku couldn't survive buu's attack which only blew up earth or why cell could'nt couldn't tank gohan's father son kameha wave which faded away when it left earth

chuck inglish
Did you die from it? No. Now, you can tank the force of your own punch. http://blogs.dailymail.com/marshall/files/2011/10/YouWin.png

And so does Akuma, who didn't punch the island as hard as he could and did so at a weaker point in his life.

doesn't mean he isn't hurt by his own attack and oh i forgot how well does akuma do against sharp blades? ya know he could be like wonderwoman who could tank the blows from supes but still be hurt by blades

No End N Site
Because those blasts were more then the victims could handle, thus more than what they could dish out.Originally posted by chuck inglish
doesn't mean he isn't hurt by his own attack and oh i forgot how well does akuma do against sharp blades? ya know he could be like wonderwoman who could tank the blows from supes but still be hurt by blades
Well he wont be hurt at all by that one, since it was 20 years before his current version and he was holdin back, immensely at that time.

If he can split 1,400 ft thick rock, while holding back, you better have the sword of God to cut Akuma. Tankin ballistic forces that vast make cutin nigh-useless. You would still have to back up your swing with more force than Dante has ever shown.

Perfect example, if a vest can tank a bullet from a gun, a man with a sword aint cuttin the vest.

chuck inglish
Because those blasts were more then the victims could handle, thus more than what they could dish out.
Well he wont be hurt at all by that one, since it was 20 years before his current version and he was holdin back, immensely at that time.

If he can split 1,400 ft thick rock, while holding back, you better have the sword of God to cut Akuma. Tankin ballistic forces that vast make cutin nigh-useless. You would still have to back up your swing with more force than Dante has ever shown.

Perfect example, if a vest can tank a bullet from a gun, a man with a sword aint cuttin the vest.

meaning they can't take what they dish out

he wasn't holding back when he punched that island that was an all out due to him looking like a possessed crackhead pror to punching the ground

and yet rose was still able to punch through his chest and ryu being able to make him explode with a shoryuken.. so dante wouldn't be able to pull akuma apart with his barehands?

Darkstorm Zero
Ah, the never ending carousell still spins I see...

which is not the same thing.

he wasn't holding back when he punched that island that was an all out due to him looking like a possessed crackhead pror to punching the ground

Proof he was going all out to make that attack please. And lets be clear, this subject has been thrashed out to death in previous topics, and nobody could come even remotely close to proving this case.

He always looks like that...

and yet rose was still able to punch through his chest and ryu being able to make him explode with a shoryuken.. so dante wouldn't be able to pull akuma apart with his barehands?

Neother of which ever actually happened outside of the comics.

stargun
People like Ryu and Rose being able to bring down a nuke tanker like Bison is more of a showing of strengh / power for them rather than a display of weakness on Bison's part.

The same goes (as an example) for Trunks being able to cut Freeza - a guy capable of withstanding planetary explosion - like butter. In no way does it mean someone like Dante or lets say Ichigo from Bleach or Zoro from One Piece could do the same to Freeza, not a chance (except for Yamato due to its dimension cutting hax, maybe).

Like I said the only DMC games I have played are 1 and 4, and I've also watched the DMC anime. The novels are a unknown for me and I wouldn't be able to tell what Dante's feats are in DMC 2 and 3 other than what I've heard from others. However if the info I have got from sources such as the OBD wiki regarding Dante's overall stats are correct, unless something really extraordinary is missing, the simple idea of a unarmed Dante posing a threat to Akuma sounds ludicrous for me.

And since the main subject in here has turned out to be the durability of the Street Fighter cast I think its time to bring in some more showings to the table so hopefully the downplaying in this thread may come to an end.

Akuma in his 3rd Strike ending stays at the botton of the ocean with several tons of pressure upon him unaffected. Should as well note that he tore up the boat upon collision with his body (while performing a hurricane kick) which is also a display of durability.

sawFg3DeTJU

Bison in his weakest incarnation withstood a Kikosho from Chun-Li powerful enough to decimate a city block point-blank range. And apparently at Naruto Forums Chun's Kikosho seems to have been calculated as high as multi-city block level (seen it in a M. Bison vs. Holy Shonen Trinity thread).

The scene in question can be seen at 0:51 min in the video bellow.

T51U8uQFrQo

It should be noted also that Chun is a mid tier in the SF universe, most likely bellow the likes of Ryu and Sagat, and probably nowhere near resembling a threat to the top dogs of the SF world.

The next case may not be of much relevance for the thread but still a nice durability showing for a mid-tier in Street Fighter so I'll post it either way. At 26:20 min in the next video Guile tanked an attack from Juri that destroyed a jet fighter as a side-effect.

08XXy1bcG3Q

The next video shows Akuma and Gouken fighting comfortably inside of a volcano as depicted in the opening of SF IV, already mentioned in the thread. Whether this fight is the one they had prior to the events of the Alpha series or the one at the end of SF IV I'm not sure.

2UY3GySCkwE

And now with Oni being confirmed as canon to Street Fighter's storyline there's no reason to disconsider the next showing, i.e Akuma in his Oni form causing a volcano to erupt and then casually tanking the eruption.

h-QKCA9fx8o

All in all Dante is likely to clear the gauntlet as long as he gets his hax stuff such as Yamato, but if for some reason those are banned unless Dante has demonstrated firepower beyond city block busting (as is the case for Chun-Li's Kikosho) or at least the ability to hurt beings evidenced to have the durability to tank that kind of force without the use of hax I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to pose much of a threat to the big wigs of the SF world, and even less so to that Doomsday-ish version of Akuma seeing how it laughed off a ****ing volcano exploding on his face.

chuck inglish
lol still not telling me how they are impentrable to sharp objects.
Frieza wasn't invernable to sharp here's my example if frieza was invunerable the sword would that trunks had would have broken when it made contact with it

so basically a 100 tonner dante + sharp object= chopped up Sf cast blunt force doesn't equal piercing force and we've seen dante cut through thick blocks of demon metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xQonQLixJE metal > flesh anyday

chuck inglish
"Doomsday-ish version of Akuma seeing how it laughed off a ****ing volcano exploding on his face."

meh dante was able to defeat mundus whom was submerged in a ****ing volcano so your point is?

chuck inglish
the all mighty planet buster scared of a sharp rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRWIHQPggo (7:30) no offense to dbz love it my favoite manga besides golgo 13 im just trying to show a differnace betwwen blunt force and sharp force

Frisky Dingo

Indeed, at some point raw force endurance translates over to cutting endurance. At this point, it's like trying to slash through a tank with a razor.

LOL Good luck.

We also have to remember, the islands, the ships, the forest, the mounatins and everything else Gouki has destroyed gave way to Gouki. Gouki was unaffected, meaning he's more durable than the objects he's destroyed with his raw power.

stargun
Frieza wasn't invernable to sharp here's my example if frieza was invunerable the sword would that trunks had would have broken when it made contact with it

so basically a 100 tonner dante + sharp object= chopped up Sf cast blunt force doesn't equal piercing force and we've seen dante cut through thick blocks of demon metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xQonQLixJE metal > flesh anyday
Because their skin / flesh / bodies overall are likely more durable than said sharp objects so it's probable they'd just break upon them before causing any serious harm. Wonder how much would be left of Rebellion if it was in the range of the blast Bison withstood in the C. Viper Aftermath Trailer (the second video in my last post).

Trunks probably infused the sword with his ki in order to amp its durability and sharpness. Either that or the sword was made of some special planet+ durable material (as is the case for example with Wolverine's claws). Both theories could be true, actually.

This ''blunt =/= piercing'' line of reasoning can only be taken so far, and high-top tiers in SF are evidenced to have durability on a level that completely outshines Dante's destuctive showings with his weapons at least as far as I know. And if my info regarding Dante's overall stats is correct without any major detail missing he wouldn't be able to win this IF his hax stuff is taken off from him, just like No End N Site stated in his first post to this thread after you bumped it.

Take a look at the first video in my last post to see how Akuma crashes into a boat making his way through it unscatched whilst the giant object mostly made of metal (and a hella bigger than that thing sliced by Dante) was split into pieces. See also the scene I described in the Juri OVA, in which Guile withstood a attack from Juri that destroyed a jet fighter which is mostly comprised of metal as collateral damage.

Flesh and skin of superhuman characters can be and in many cases they are >>> metallic objects durability-wise.
"Doomsday-ish version of Akuma seeing how it laughed off a ****ing volcano exploding on his face."

meh dante was able to defeat mundus whom was submerged in a ****ing volcano so your point is?
Never mind Dante defeated the guy by passing him through some kind of wormhole thus sealing him away while he was powered-up by Trish's lightning instead of just impaling him with Rebellion...

Still, a mere lava bath like the one Mundus took doesn't compare to taking a mega-eruption powerful enough to destroy part of a volcano's bowl as the one in Oni's ending.

the all mighty planet buster scared of a sharp rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRWIHQPggo (7:30) no offense to dbz love it my favoite manga besides golgo 13 im just trying to show a differnace betwwen blunt force and sharp force *sigh* Just because Goku was afraid of being pressed against that stalactite does not mean he would be utterlly impaled by it, but sure if it's Vegeta pushing him against it he could get injured but not much or else it would be mad PIS and thus dismissible. Besides, you can't bring up inconsistencies and low-showings within one series and try to apply it to others, and since the scene you linked to is most likely filler it's probable that you couldn't even use it against Dragon Ball in debates.
-----------------------------------------------------
And now that I think I've proved my points I'll just drop it like everyone else who bothered talking to you did. But first I would like to tell you that bumping a one-year-old thread and then try to downplay whichever series is being discussed on it is not... well, a very nice thing to do, and generally frowned upon, so watch out for it.

CosmicComet
the all mighty planet buster scared of a sharp rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRWIHQPggo (7:30) no offense to dbz love it my favoite manga besides golgo 13 im just trying to show a differnace betwwen blunt force and sharp force

There is no difference.

Pressure is Pressure. Every force produces pressure.

fictional writers are often unaware of the implications.

If Goku can tank a country level blast, he has nothing to fear from a bullet that won't even go through a block of granite.

NemeBro

so basically a 100 tonner dante + sharp object= chopped up Sf cast blunt force doesn't equal piercing force and we've seen dante cut through thick blocks of demon metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xQonQLixJE metal > flesh anyday The sword was backed up by someone with greater physical strength than Freeza.

Try harder.

Vegeta is strong enough to manage that, sure.

Oh look at what I found:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/dragon-ball-volume-01.html?ch=Volume+28&page=135

Apparently Goku can block Trunks' sword with his finger.

If you're going to for some asinine reason use another series as evidence of a shortcoming of another, at least have knowledge of the series you are using, otherwise someone who does have knowledge of the series will just prove you wrong.

No End N Site

No

Yes, he was holdin' back.

That meams Ryu and Rose hit very hard. Not that Bison was weak. He has an established durability feat.

chuck inglish
after doing some research Akuma just doen't caually punch ayers rock and that island its actually a powerful technique called kongou kokuretsu zan where he charges his hand with ki and punches the ground causing mass destruction

NemeBro
after doing some research Akuma just doen't caually punch ayers rock and that island its actually a powerful technique called kongou kokuretsu zan where he charges his hand with ki and punches the ground causing mass destruction We know.

Nothing you just said is news here.

But Kongou Kokuretsu Zan was created years after Akuma punched the island.

chuck inglish
We know.

Nothing you just said is news here.

But Kongou Kokuretsu Zan was created years after Akuma punched the island.

No. Where's your source? the way im looking at it is akuma did'nt have it mastered back during street fighter alpha 2 and as for proof he was using it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo when you see him punch the ground you can see him emitting purple chi with his fist

chuck inglish
This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51U8uQFrQo&feature=player_embedded is non canon cause akuma kills bison not an exploison so none of that crap autally happens

stargun
This crap is actually called retcon.

chuck inglish
No it's just something for promotional purposes and besides games>movies in canon

Frisky Dingo
Let's get our facts staright and together first, the trailer is CLEARLY stated to take place AFTER SFII. Vega is KILLED by Gouki DURING SFII, it actually happens IN THE GAME.

Vega wasn't even killed in that fight and he clearly has a new body after his death at the hands of Gouki, in that trailer. That scene obviously takes place AFTER SFII and shortly before IV. No retcon necessary. Not to mention the game makes reference to both Gouki killing Vega and the Aftermath trailer events. But of course, you have to play the game to know, but that isn't a common practice at KMC.

stargun
Going by chuck's logic the punch Gouken blocked from Akuma was also a Kongou Kokuretsu Zan since Akuma's fist was surrounded by a chi aura...

NemeBro
Going by chuck's logic the punch Gouken blocked from Akuma was also a Kongou Kokuretsu Zan since Akuma's fist was surrounded by a chi aura... Hahahaha, indeed.

Akuma having an aura is so commonplace it is more remarkable for him to fight without one.

Also, chuck, you have to prove that Akuma used an incomplete version of the Kongou Konkuretsu Zan during SFA2, I don't have to prove he didn't. Burden of proof fallacy mah boi, don't use it. Super glowing fist is not proof.

Darkstorm Zero
No. Where's your source? the way im looking at it is akuma did'nt have it mastered back during street fighter alpha 2 and as for proof he was using it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo when you see him punch the ground you can see him emitting purple chi with his fist

Not this shit again.... Look, how the hell does he have a technique he didn't invent until a DECADE later?

He emits purple chi un most of his specials. Your offering nothing new here.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51U8uQFrQo&feature=player_embedded is non canon cause akuma kills bison not an exploison so none of that crap autally happens

The explosion was never stated to have killed Bison either. But that was the last any of the others saw of him before gouki murked him to get to Ryu.

chuck inglish
Not this shit again.... Look, how the hell does he have a technique he didn't invent until a DECADE later?

He emits purple chi un most of his specials. Your offering nothing new here.

The explosion was never stated to have killed Bison either. But that was the last any of the others saw of him before gouki murked him to get to Ryu.

it was most likely that technique i mentioned earlier cause it sure as hell wasn't a casually punch

That exploison did kill bison bro and chill bro it's non canon anyway since bison was looking for a new body after SF2

stargun
Akuma's island busting move was a mere punch just like the one he missed in his fight against Gouken thus destroying part of the volcano they were fighting in. And that C. Viper trailer along with two others featuring Chun-Li and Sakura have all a message in them stating they took place after SF II.

Darkstorm Zero
it was most likely that technique i mentioned earlier cause it sure as hell wasn't a casually punch

The technique you mentioned is the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan, IE: the technique he used to split Uluru, IE: The technique he invented 10 years after the events of Alpha 2. Ergo, it could not have been the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan that shattered Gokentou Island, because he has not invented it by that time.

And yes, casually, at less than half his base power, because he was not powering the technique up, and he had specifically lowered his power output to test Ryu, and with that significantly lower power level, he sank Gokentou into the sea.

Now that this has been pointed out... what, a 3 times in this thread, and about 700 times in my KMC career, can we move on now?

That exploison did kill bison bro and chill bro it's non canon anyway since bison was looking for a new body after SF2

Chucky, that explosion specifically DIDN'T kill Bison, thats the point.

The video is from canon sources so no it IS evidence, and no, you can't claim it's non-canon, because it is specifically linked to SF4's sub-plots. Hell man it's refferenced in Guile and Chunny's prologues in both SF4 and SSF4. And it's not the first time Bison escaped them, refference Alpha 3, and yes, it took the Shun Goku Satsu from Gouki to finally do him in, hence why he is seen getting a fresh body at the start of SF4.

NemeBro
I can't imagine your pain DSZ. You have been fighting against this stubborn ignorance longer than I have, yet even now you persist.

Whereas I am basically content to laugh, fap, and eat chicken wings at such people.

Darkstorm Zero
I can't imagine your pain DSZ. You have been fighting against this stubborn ignorance longer than I have, yet even now you persist.

Whereas I am basically content to laugh, fap, and eat chicken wings at such people.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ugrrxzMKPoA/SNLeeLITsvI/AAAAAAAAACM/ygTQG83vQVk/s1600/never-give-up.jpg

laughing

chuck inglish
you guys seriously think that punch that sunk the island was a casually punch? When it was really Kongou Kokuretsu Zan.

Please show me proof it was invented years later. when it first canonally appeared in SFa2

NemeBro
Prove up or shut up.

chuck inglish
Prove up or shut up.

don't mind if i do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtwRoLbOAo my proof is when you see akuma punch the ground you also see the purple chi coming from the ground which proves he's using the techinque

NemeBro
That's not purple chi, it is yellow, and it is an explosion.

Try harder.

chuck inglish
That's not purple chi, it is yellow, and it is an explosion.

Try harder.

*FacePalm*

NemeBro
I accept your concession.

Darkstorm Zero
you guys seriously think that punch that sunk the island was a casually punch? When it was really Kongou Kokuretsu Zan.

Please show me proof it was invented years later. when it first canonally appeared in SFa2

In the chronological order of Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 2 occured bitween Sagat's defeat in the original Street fighter, and Bison's first death in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Next is the 2nd World Warrior tournament in Street Fighter 2, then the S.I.N incidents during the Street Fighter 4 era, and finally, we have the Illuminati affair (Gill's organisation) in the Street Fighter 3 series.

Akuma, having not invented the technique until the Street Fighter 3 era means he could not have used it more than 10 years, and 3 series prior... This is very simple logic....

According to you, he must have traveled back into the past and taught the younger version of himself back in SFA2 the KKZ, because tthat is the ONLY way your logic could ever work!

And I mean, seriously... the color of his aura has stuff all to do with the technique, I mean, his Gou Hadoukens are also purple, are you saying they are KKZ's too?

http://files.sharenator.com/ 4c4a6f9e_ff1f_44ce_a7b4_72bc514ae6c1_Herp_Derp_Der
pity_Derp_A_K_A_Funny_Pics_of_People_Looking_Stupi
d-s500x400-161283-580.jpg

NemeBro
**** it DSZ, I'm taking my Time Lord Akuma.

Akuma travels back in time to when Dante was a baby and kills him.

Darkstorm Zero
**** it DSZ, I'm taking my Time Lord Akuma.

Akuma travels back in time to when Dante was a baby and kills him.

So THATS how the Ashura Senkuu works...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/v_ralson/tumblr_lfclgrly481qe91wdo1_2501.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.