Jaina vs Lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The Mandalorian trained Jedi vs the non-fully trained Sith. Who wins?

Lightsaber vs Lightwhip
Force
All Out

Ms.Marvel
going to say lumiya but i realllyy want to say jaina.

truejedi
I'm thinking Lumiya.

Anakin4Ever
Lumiya, probably. Jaina wouldn't go down with a fight though. Imagine all the hair pulling and scratching... and biting!

ares834
Jaina wins. Lumiya isn't really that impressive and she was unable to over come Lobi until she was helped by Alema Rar.

mattatom
Originally posted by ares834
Jaina wins. Lumiya isn't really that impressive and she was unable to over come Lobi until she was helped by Alema Rar. Yeah but she's good with trickery e.g her battles with Luke, so she may be able to plan something.

Gideon
Jaina.

Lumiya wasn't skilled enough in single combat to contend with Tresina Lobi, and was even outmatched when Alema was at her side.

Jaina is a remarkably gifted duelist, a skilled Force-user, and thanks to her training from Skywalker and Fett, she was able to take on Caedus in single combat -- who is far more dangerous than Lumiya.

Short of a sinister strategy adopted beforehand, which Jaina may be capable of resisting, Lumiya goes down hard.

BruceSkywalker
Jaina

Lord Lucien
Lumiya. But only because of her name.

LOO ME AH!

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon
, she was able to take on Caedus in single combat -- who is far more dangerous than Lumiya.

Luke was there in some form however, don't forget. Caedus believed himself to have lost his arm to Luke, and only hesitated in going for the kill against Jaina because he believed he needed to catch Luke.

So in the terms that our forum views 1 on 1 combat, it wasn't that.

Ms.Marvel
perhaps im thinking of the wrong person?

i thought lumiya was the girl who fought luke several times

truejedi
she was. she was dang good. She was at least Mara Jade good.

I believe, (and someone post, that is the one of the legacy books I don't have ) that she was probably going to beat Lobi before Rar joined in, and onced Rar joined in, it was over in short order.

Jedi MASTER Lobi, also, btw.

Gideon
I don't remember his influence extending to enhancing her combat skills, unless I'm mistaken.

I didn't say that she was a match for him, I said she stood up against him in single combat, dealing him several wounds through ability and prowess, displaying a remarkable skill for combat strategy.

You're not.

Same one.

WTF.

Wookieepedia apparently has a move-by-move account of the fight:

"Lobi used the Force to throw an urn into Alema's crippled shoulder before she could redirect it with Force lightning and knocked her into some shrubs behind her. As Alema rose, she saw Lumiya engaging the Jedi with her lightwhip. As Alema headed towards the fight, Master Lobi backflipped while pulling Alema into the lightwhip's strands which cut her thighs and ribs. Tresina landed and sliced off Lumiya's cybernetic weapon arm, then aimed for her torso before Alema caught the attack with her own blade. As Lobi attacked the Twil'lek, Alema Force threw the prosthetic arm towards Lobi's head. The arm missed, but gave the Sith Lady time to attack. Tresina pivoted away and kicked Alema in the chest. As she went flying, Lumiya launched another series of attacks which moved her towards Alema. Lobi whirled around and attacked Alema, but stumbled back into Lumiya's lightwhip and lost both of her legs. As Tresina screamed in agony, Alema ended her suffering by cutting her head off."

Tresina did more than hold her own against two incredibly dangerous dark Jedi. There is absolutely no indication that Lumiya would have beaten her alone; she was clearly more than a match for either of them.

Q99
Originally posted by mattatom
Yeah but she's good with trickery e.g her battles with Luke, so she may be able to plan something.

Though with Mando training, Jaina's fairly tricky too.

truejedi
Thought though: Would Jaina be able to beat Mara? I'm not so sure. If she can't beat Mara, she is going to have an equally difficult time with Lumiya.

Q99
I think she could.

truejedi
I'm just not certain. Her victory over Caedus is tainted because she didn't really win, she got knocked out, and would have been killed if she hadn't of been rescued.

Who has Jaina beaten?

Ms.Marvel
mara with prep would win 10/10 yes

mara's the batman of star wars.

Lord Lucien
I wonder who the Green Lantern of Star Wars is.

Autokrat
Someone needs to draw Captain America with the symbols and colors of the Empire and call him Captain Empire.

Lord Lucien
No, I think it'd still be appropriate to call him Captain America.

BA-ZING!

Autokrat
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, I think it'd still be appropriate to call him Captain America.

BA-ZING!

Oi! I see what you did there.

It was perfect timing too because someone just walked up to me and handed me a pamphlet about American oppreshun in our Island coloniesterritories.

Lord Lucien
Oppression is just a fancy word Liberals use instead of "living the capitalist American dream that every white property-owning male is entitled to."

Gideon
Ms.Marvel
mara with prep would win 10/10 yes

mara's the batman of star wars.

Except sexier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.