Super-Soldier vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Who would win?

Lord Feron
Who is SS?

KingD19
He's this guy.

http://www.comicvine.com/super-soldier/29-47079/all-images/108-207127/x1/105-806882/

He's from the Amalgam universe, and he's half Superman, half Captain America.

He's basically Superman...with the Super Soldier Serum added in.

carver9
I think he could take Wondy.

Q99
It's not so much 'super soldier serum added' as 'super soldier serum used to give someone kryptonian powers'.

Dunno if he's had as much experience as main Superman, especially against other Metahumans.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
It's not so much 'super soldier serum added' as 'super soldier serum used to give someone kryptonian powers'.

Dunno if he's had as much experience as main Superman, especially against other Metahumans.

Well, he was Superman so I'm pretty sure he came with the experience. They acted as if he had a life before the merging because they showed past events for each of them.

Someone with Superman powers including Caps abilities is a BEAST.

Lord_Talron
cap can take on ww skillwise so super-soldier wins this.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by carver9
Well, he was Superman so I'm pretty sure he came with the experience. They acted as if he had a life before the merging because they showed past events for each of them.

agreed Cap and Supes abilities and mind stacked would be ridiculous. I would say closer to when batman was in supes mind of when batman had supes's powers.

Q99

His backstory is: At around the same time Steve Rogers got the serum treatment at the start of WW2, Clark Kent got it instead, and before that point had no powers. Then he 'pretty much won WW2 single-handed until Ultra Metallo showed up,' then iceburg'ed during that fight.

Now one thing that strikes me is someone in Superman's class is not going to develop the same kind of combat skills Capt did.

It's not just Supes+Capt in other words, it's basically Capt's plot re-written with more Superman esque powers.

I agree that Superman + Captain America's skills and shield would win, but Super-Soldier isn't that.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
His backstory is: At around the same time Steve Rogers got the serum treatment at the start of WW2, Clark Kent got it instead, and before that point had no powers. Then he 'pretty much won WW2 single-handed until Ultra Metallo showed up,' then iceburg'ed during that fight.

Now one thing that strikes me is someone in Superman's class is not going to develop the same kind of combat skills Capt did.

It's not just Supes+Capt in other words, it's basically Capt's plot re-written with more Superman esque powers.

I agree that Superman + Captain America's skills and shield would win, but Super-Soldier isn't that.

Why wouldnt he have Caps fighting style when he is meant to have those abilities?

I didnt get that post anyway about someone being in Superman class possess said skill when Batman has taught Superman some fighting skills.

Super Soldier is just that, Superman and Captain America and it was stated by the writers that he was that. The only difference is their personality; that supes didnt mind killing.

Q99
Why wouldnt he have Caps fighting style when he is meant to have those abilities?

Why would he?

He has Capt's WW2 job, not Captain's same experiences. With Superman powers from the start. He wouldn't have the same reason to develop his skills to a fine edge, he overpowered absolutely everything he faced until Ultra-Metallo.

Super-Soldier is a character with a history after all, they weren't amalgamed at adulthood.

He was a thematic combination of the two which is not the same as just adding their abilities together.

The history difference means he doesn't have the history that made Capt a finely tuned fighting machine. He had the same role as inspiration to the troops and soldier, but he didn't have the countless battles while seemingly outmatched.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
Why would he?

He has Capt's WW2 job, not Captain's same experiences. With Superman powers from the start. He wouldn't have the same reason to develop his skills to a fine edge, he overpowered absolutely everything he faced until Ultra-Metallo.

Super-Soldier is a character with a history after all, they weren't amalgamed at adulthood.

He was a thematic combination of the two which is not the same as just adding their abilities together.

The history difference means he doesn't have the history that made Capt a finely tuned fighting machine. He had the same role as inspiration to the troops and soldier, but he didn't have the countless battles while seemingly outmatched.

good to know I really thought he was just born in that cross over and had their powers and experiences stacked. He is actually his own person. Kinda..

Q99
Amalgams were defined by their own history, some where the sum of their parts, some no more powerful than one of the originals, and some were weaker. One case, Jade Fire had Nova-herald + GL Kyle = low level super with green flame powers, for example.

Super-Soldier did not have Superman's length of time with his powers, nor was he in a position to become one of the most skilled HtH fighters on Earth. He's an amalgam, somewhere in between. A dash of Capt's skills and a pinch of Superman's, but not full of either.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Amalgams were defined by their own history, some where the sum of their parts, some no more powerful than one of the originals, and some were weaker. One case had Nova-herald + GL = low level super with green flame powers, for example.

Super-Soldier did not have Superman's length of time with his powers, nor was he in a position to become one of the most skilled HtH fighters on Earth. He's an amalgam, somewhere in between. A dash of Capt's skills and a pinch of Superman's, but not full of either.
Not to mention he was progressively weakening due to exposure to the K-Bomb. I think at the "current" time of the Amalgam Universe he wasn't even at Byrne-era Superman levels.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Amalgams were defined by their own history, some where the sum of their parts, some no more powerful than one of the originals, and some were weaker. One case, Jade Fire had Nova-herald + GL Kyle = low level super with green flame powers, for example.

Good post but it was never mentioned that he was a certain percent of either of their powers so its basically an assumption. The rest of your post, I agree with it.

Omega Vision
Good post but it was never mentioned that he was a certain percent of either of their powers so its basically an assumption. The rest of your post, I agree with it.
And it wouldn't be an assumption to assume he has all of both? stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
And it wouldn't be an assumption to assume he has all of both? stick out tongue

I agree, thats why I am just going to leave this alone. 099 made a good point (like usual) so basically everything that I'll be debating about would just assumptions.

sad

Omega Vision
I agree, thats why I am just going to leave this alone. 099 made a good point (like usual) so basically everything that I'll be debating about would just assumptions.

sad
When has that stopped you before? wink

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
When has that stopped you before? wink

LOL, thats messed up Omega but you do have a good point.

Mindship
If Supersoldier is Supermanish, why does he need a shield?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindship
If Supersoldier is Supermanish, why does he need a shield?

Because it looks FABULOUS!

JakeTheBank
Based off of feats, Wonder Woman decisively.

Based on the concept of "Superman + Captain America + Shield", Super-Soldier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.