Thread Closure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraviolence
May I ask why my "Odd Restriction" thread was closed when I was not breaching any rules? I don't understand that. I received no formal reply from the administration of this site regarding the "Odd Restriction" thread and there was also no reason given as to why the thread was closed.

I would appreciate it if the administration of this site would care to explain why they shut my thread down when it did not breach any rules.

Shakyamunison
I gave the perfect reply. Therefore there was no need to continue. cool

The mods don't like threads that have to do with why someone was banned, or why they do something, or not another. The reason for this because it never ends up creating anything other then a bad thread.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I gave the perfect reply. Therefore there was no need to continue. cool

I would hardly consider what you said the perfect reply, Shakyamunison.

This is what I don't understand. Is it honestly relevant whether they like it or not? Regardless of their personal preference, they can't just simply close what they want unless it clashes with the rules of this board. I'm not saying that is what they did. I actually opened this thread to find out why they did close it because it all seems a little quirky, to be honest.

Again, I don't disagree with the decision to restrict Alpha Centauri but I only aim to understand why he was barred from the community when he did not perform any actions that contradicted the rules of this forum.

Also, to your response:

Well, an individual deserves to be banned if they break the rules. Can you honestly just restrict who you want for whatever reason simply because you have a rivalry with them? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, you know.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ultraviolence

This is what I don't understand. Is it honestly relevant whether they like it or not? Regardless of their personal preference, they can't just simply close what they want unless it clashes with the rules of this board. I'm not saying that is what they did. I actually opened this thread to find out why they did close it because it all seems a little quirky, to be honest.

Again, I don't disagree with the decision to restrict Alpha Centauri but I only aim to understand why he was barred from the community when he did not perform any actions that contradicted the rules of this forum.

Also, to your response:

Well, an individual deserves to be banned if they break the rules. Can you honestly just restrict who you want for whatever reason simply because you have a rivalry with them? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, you know.

What I am telling you is only my opinion based on years of posting here.

Also, I'm not going to engage you on the thread that was already closed.

If you don't like what I am telling you, then don't listen. But all the rules are not written down. That is why we have mods. It takes a human to understand what is really going on.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What I am telling you is only my opinion based on years of posting here.

Also, I'm not going to engage you on the thread that was already closed.

If you don't like what I am telling you, then don't listen. But all the rules are not written down. That is why we have mods. It takes a human to understand what is really going on.

I believe all of the rules are written down, actually. These rules are listed in the "rules" section and even in pinned/closed threads in some forums. You agree to certain conditions before you sign up and if you break them, the administration has the power to strip you of your privileges. If you do not break these conditions, you should not be punished.

I don't believe that this board, or any other, simply has "unspoken rules." Hypothetically, could an administration not have unlimited freedom to do as they please if this was true?

Staff: You're being evicted from the boards.
Tommy: Why?
Staff: Well, because you've talked about skateboarding.
Tommy: It doesn't say that talking about skateboarding isn't allowed in the rules.
Staff: Oh, that's because it's an unlisted rule.
Tommy: Oh dear!

LanceWindu

Also, to your response:

AC has had PLENTY of chances with the mods over the years. He has a history of starting arguments for the sake of proving you wrong, over the most idiotic things. Then, after baiting and flamming you, if you start to get the upper hand he will insult you while pretending he's doing nothing. His banning was perfectly justified in the great context. He's pushed the mods buttons too many times.

LanceWindu
I believe all of the rules are written down, actually. These rules are listed in the "rules" section and even in pinned/closed threads in some forums. You agree to certain conditions before you sign up and if you break them, the administration has the power to strip you of your privileges. If you do not break these conditions, you should not be punished.

I don't believe that this board, or any other, simply has "unspoken rules." Hypothetically, could an administration not have unlimited freedom to do as they please if this was true?

Staff: You're being evicted from the boards.
Tommy: Why?
Staff: Well, because you've talked about skateboarding.
Tommy: It doesn't say that talking about skateboarding isn't allowed in the rules.
Staff: Oh, that's because it's an unlisted rule.
Tommy: Oh dear!

The reason states he was banned for starting a flame war and then reporting his opponent. He was flamming the person on purpose, THAT is against the rules, is it not?

The Nuul
Reported.

Instead of making this thread that the first one was already locked, why dont you PM an mod instead since you have a problem with their/her decision?

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by LanceWindu
AC has had PLENTY of chances with the mods over the years. He has a history of starting arguments for the sake of proving you wrong, over the most idiotic things. Then, after baiting and flamming you, if you start to get the upper hand he will insult you while pretending he's doing nothing. His banning was perfectly justified in the great context. He's pushed the mods buttons too many times.

I'd have to say that if he has acted this way in the past, him facing consequences for those actions is clearly just. Alpha Centauri was restricted for the rules he broke in the past and paid the penalty for that. Simply saying that he "deserved" to be banned when he did not clash against the rules of this board is a little unfavorable. As I mentioned in my first thread, saying that he simply "deserved" it is a little ridiculous.

Originally posted by LanceWindu
The reason states he was banned for starting a flame war and then reporting his opponent. He was flamming the person on purpose, THAT is against the rules, is it not?

Well, the reason doesn't actually state he was banned for starting a flame war. It specifically says he was banned for falsely reporting someone, which isn't listed anywhere to be against the rules of this board, in the general forum rules or in any specific forums.

This is a justified restriction, made by Ushgarak:

In that particular instance, he was banned for legitimately flaming and it even explains that.

However, this:

That clearly states Alpha Centauri was banned for making a false report. Why? Well, if he flamed the individual and then reported him, the report isn't exactly genuine because he was the one who flamed the said individual.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Reported.

Instead of making this thread that the first one was already locked, why dont you PM an mod instead since you have a problem with their/her decision?

Again, I don't disagree with it or generally have a "problem" with it. I'm just having difficulty understanding why someone was banned when they did not seem to break the rules.

What exactly are you reporting me for? I have not broken any rules.

Kelly_Bean
Jesus, don't know why you give a sh*t anyway. Leave it be. It's over, thankfully, now stop making threads like these before YOU get banned too!

Peach
We do not allow threads to discuss bans, as in the past they have led to nothing but trouble. They haven't been allowed in years.

If you have a question about that sort of thing, then you PM the mod(s) that were involved.

And if a thread was closed, you certainly do not open another.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.