Akuma vs. Astaroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://th01.deviantart.com/fs13/300W/f/2007/065/9/d/PF_Akuma_by_UdonCrew.jpg

vs.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4441/224084-sc4astaroth_large.jpg

Fight is in the Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room.

Discuss.

FinalAnswer
Are you ****ing retarded?

This is a serious question. Why in god's name did you make this?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Are you ****ing retarded?

This is a serious question. Why in god's name did you make this?
This.

Nemesis X
I make every thread random. If you like, I can go back to making LoZ threads, @$$holes.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I make every thread random. If you like, I can go back to making LoZ threads, @$$holes.
mmm

...Carry on.

Phanteros
Akuma in a ****ing curbstomp. Astratorh has virtually no feats to even contend with him.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Please do so. The Lollovelinkclub grows weak with the lack of moar LoZ threads.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Please do so. The Lollovelinkclub grows weak with the lack of moar LoZ threads. Nah, at worst we grow complacent.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Nah, at worst we grow complacent.

Plus, the threads of late are kinda boring and ghey.

ScreamPaste
Waking the sleeping giant would be foolish. uhuh

NemeBro
Gouki walks through Astaroth and then proceeds to wade through the entire SC roster.

Seriously, no one in the entire cast can take a single punch from him.

No End N Site
Akuma!! OBLITERATE!!!

xV72nZ1iKO8

Esomark
Gouki takes Astaroth's axe from him and crushes his skull with it.

Sin_Volvagia
This is almost as much spite as Bayonetta, Kratos, and Sephiroth vs. Brawl Link & Sheik.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
This is almost as much spite as Bayonetta, Kratos, and Sephiroth vs. Brawl Link & Sheik. You're an idiot.

Sin_Volvagia
You're an idiot.

Go tell yourself that. Sephiroth has done more impressive feats than anything Link and Sheik did in Brawl.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Go tell yourself that. Sephiroth has done more impressive feats than anything Link and Sheik did in Brawl. Lol'd. Way to bring up another thread of no relevance in this thread, and make yourself look foolish both at once.

wammamram
Waking the sleeping giant would be foolish. uhuh
war

wammamram
Lol'd. Way to bring up another thread of no relevance in this thread, and make yourself look foolish both at once. wallbash

NemeBro
Originally posted by No End N Site
Akuma!! OBLITERATE!!!

xV72nZ1iKO8 Holy shit. no expression

Was all that from a power-up?

No End N Site
Originally posted by NemeBro
Holy shit. no expression

Was all that from a power-up?

Indeed...either that or a new special move. Seeins how he has no new moves in SFIII, I think it's a power up.

Check his glow.

9XXHV-mb9II

Darkstorm Zero
Heh, that blows away Devil in's forest clearing :P

But as for this thread, yeah, Astaroth is beastly, but no match for Gouki.

No End N Site
Why did you just do that?

Darkstorm Zero
Do what?

No End N Site
You know what.

Demonic Phoenix
Seeins how he has no new moves in SFIII, I think it's a power up.

Kongou Kokuretsuzan no expression

Sekiga Kuretsuha (what he did in the video) is perhaps a precursor to that move which he perfected after the 3rd tournament (Shown in 2nd Impact).

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Kongou Kokuretsuzan no expression

Sekiga Kuretsuha (what he did in the video) is perhaps a precursor to that move which he perfected after the 3rd tournament (Shown in 2nd Impact).

Yeah...but none of that is fact and Capcom never said that he was workin' on any moves before SFIII, so I'm not gonna go assumin' anything. 'Til this move appears in a later SF game, like the other one, I'm just gonna say he did somethin' and said somethin' in Japanese.

Also, Akuma does not change the name of his moves. "Sekiga Kuretsuha" if it were a move, would probably be a totally different attack altogether. People assumed that his Ultra II was a weak version of the move he mastered 3S and it turns out it was actually an attack borrowed from the SFIII manga.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah...but none of that is fact and Capcom never said that he was workin' on any moves before SFIII, so I'm not gonna go assumin' anything. 'Til this move appears in a later SF game, like the other one, I'm just gonna say he did somethin' and said somethin' in Japanese.

Also, Akuma does not change the name of his moves. "Sekiga Kuretsuha" if it were a move, would probably be a totally different attack altogether. People assumed that his Ultra II was a weak version of the move he mastered 3S and it turns out it was actually an attack borrowed from the SFIII manga.

True, we don't know whether this SSIV ending is canon or not, but if it is, I still stand by my earlier point in that it is an attack and not a power-up. (his endings typically are canon anyway)

Also, you misunderstood my point when I said 'precursor'.
The easiest way to illustrate it is this:
Akuma has a move that is known as "Zankuu Hadouken." He then has an upgraded version known as "Tenma Gou Zankuu".
Is the Tenma Gou Zankuu a totally different attack altogether? Or is it simply an upgraded version of the Zankuu Hadouken?

We aren't shown what the move is like in the ending of 3S, nor are we told whether he just mastered this move or not. It simply is the first time we are shown him using it.

No End N Site

Also, you misunderstood my point when I said 'precursor'.
The easiest way to illustrate it is this:
Akuma has a move that is known as "Zankuu Hadouken." He then has an upgraded version known as "Tenma Gou Zankuu".
Is the Tenma Gou Zankuu a totally different attack altogether? Or is it simply an upgraded version of the Zankuu Hadouken?

We aren't shown what the move is like in the ending of 3S, nor are we told whether he just mastered this move or not. It simply is the first time we are shown him using it.

Actually, Zankuu Hadouken is a downgrade of Tenma Gou Zankuu, it's backwards. Akuma made weak versions of his real attacks to give people a fightin' chance. And altho, I get your point, the Zanku is just a deadly fireball, Tenma Gou is either a giant deadly fireball OR 20 deadly fireballs all thrown in 2 seconds. What was shown in that vid and his 3S Super seem gapless in power. They both look pretty "uber" to me.

The same can be said for the SSFIV endin', we really don't know what the hell he did in that endin, all we can say is, he did it.

Demonic Phoenix
Actually, Zankuu Hadouken is a downgrade of Tenma Gou Zankuu, it's backwards. Akuma made weak versions of his real attacks to give people a fightin' chance. And altho, I get your point, the Zanku is just a deadly fireball, Tenma Gou is either a giant deadly fireball OR 20 deadly fireballs all thrown in 2 seconds. What was shown in that vid and his 3S Super seem gapless in power. They both look pretty "uber" to me.

The same can be said for the SSFIV endin', we really don't know what the hell he did in that endin, all we can say is, he did it.

Really? I wasn't aware of Akuma downgrading his Tenma Gou Zankuu to the Zankuu Hadouken.
Tenma Gou Zankuu is a giant Zankuu Hadouken in the main series. It is a number of Zankuu Hadoukens only in the MVC series iirc. I do not know for certain if the latter is canon, but I think it's not.

IMO, splitting the Ayers Rock > Destroying a sizable section of trees.

No End N Site
Really? I wasn't aware of Akuma downgrading his Tenma Gou Zankuu to the Zankuu Hadouken.
Tenma Gou Zankuu is a giant Zankuu Hadouken in the main series. It is a number of Zankuu Hadoukens only in the MVC series iirc. I do not know for certain if the latter is canon, but I think it's not.

IMO, splitting the Ayers Rock > Destroying a sizable section of trees.

Oh yeah, dude tones down all of his moves. The fire ball barrage he does in MVC was done in the SFIV trailer when he was fightin' Ryu.

Also, "destroying a sizable section of trees" was only unintended collateral damage from a chi blast beam that stretched into stratosphere and possibly off the planet.

Hell Lancer
the ultimate technique of his and all it does is knock down a few trees? no expression
yeah sure...
but yeah, No End In Site is right, that was uncalled for and this debate doesn't belong here.

Demonic Phoenix
Oh yeah, dude tones down all of his moves. The fire ball barrage he does in MVC was done in the SFIV trailer when he was fightin' Ryu.

Also, "destroying a sizable section of trees" was only unintended collateral damage from a chi blast beam that stretched into stratosphere and possibly off the planet.

Wait, is it said that he specifically downgrades the Tenma Gou Zanku to the Zanku Hadouken? It'd make more sense if he mastered the Zanku Hadouken first, and then upgraded it. Unless his Zanku Hadouken naturally became the Tenma as his power grew, and he then downgraded it >__>.

Ehh, he doesn't have the move in SFIV. The actual game takes precedence over a trailer erm Must have been the EX version of his regular Zankuu Hadouken.

Hmm, lemme watch the vid again.

EDIT: True, that beam really did go high. Though we don't know whether the beam is the actual move, or whether it is the circular 'wave'.
When he does the Kongou in 2nd Impact, there is a rather tall beam as well. Not as tall as this one though.

No End N Site
Wait, is it said that he specifically downgrades the Tenma Gou Zanku to the Zanku Hadouken? It'd make more sense if he mastered the Zanku Hadouken first, and then upgraded it. Unless his Zanku Hadouken naturally became the Tenma as his power grew, and he then downgraded it >__>.

I would assume that the Tenma Gou Zanku and ALL his supers are the moves he actually learned and he just made up a weak version of'em. The Dark Hadou is used for killing, most Akuma's specials start wit Go or Gou (Great). His Supers all start wit Messatsu (Deadly).

Ehh, he doesn't have the move in SFIV. The actual game takes precedence over a trailer erm Must have been the EX version of his regular Zankuu Hadouken.

Ummm....Akuma doesn't have ANY of his 9 other Supers in SFIV , does that mean he doesn't know them? He he even gained ANOTHER Super that he doesn't even use in SFIII, does that mean he forgot about the attack in SFIII? The game and the anime trailer showin' canon events FOR THE GAME have the same precedence. Akuma doesn't even use 2 of his most basic SFIII supers (Messatsu Gourasen & Messatsu Gousenpu) in The Alpha series, does that mean Akuma didn't know those simple supers or is it that the developers didn't want Akuma to have 10 supers in 1 game? Mind you, SFA3 and SFIII came out at the same time. Even in cut the scenes inside the game, the moves never look how they look in actual gameplay. Akuma's EX has him shoot 2 fireballs, the trailer shows him firing close to 20 in the same amount of time.

EDIT: True, that beam really did go high. Though we don't know whether the beam is the actual move, or whether it is the circular 'wave'.
When he does the Kongou in 2nd Impact, there is a rather tall beam as well. Not as tall as this one though.

Seein' has how 1 of the moves is in SFIII, and 1 is in IV (the prequel), I think you may be right about the KKZ bein' the stronger attack. I just checked the SFEC and the Kongou-Kokuretsuzen directly translates to "Country Destroying Adamantine Slash".

Demonic Phoenix
I would assume that the Tenma Gou Zanku and ALL his supers are the moves he actually learned and he just made up a weak version of'em. The Dark Hadou is used for killing, most Akuma's specials start wit Go or Gou (Great). His Supers all start wit Messatsu (Deadly).

Unless there's an official statement that you know of, we can't really know for sure.

Ummm....Akuma doesn't have ANY of his 9 other Supers in SFIV , does that mean he doesn't know them? He he even gained ANOTHER Super that he doesn't even use in SFIII, does that mean he forgot about the attack in SFIII? The game and the anime trailer showin' canon events FOR THE GAME have the same precedence. Akuma doesn't even use 2 of his most basic SFIII supers (Messatsu Gourasen & Messatsu Gousenpu) in The Alpha series, does that mean Akuma didn't know those simple supers or is it that the developers didn't want Akuma to have 10 supers in 1 game? Mind you, SFA3 and SFIII came out at the same time. Even in cut the scenes inside the game, the moves never look how they look in actual gameplay. Akuma's EX has him shoot 2 fireballs, the trailer shows him firing close to 20 in the same amount of time.

You missed the point I was trying to make. Maybe I worded it wrongly.
I also assumed you were speaking about Akuma firing off multiple fireballs in a gameplay trailer, so my bad.

We haven't ever been shown the multiple fireball version in gameplay in any of the main games. It's just been the "aerial version" of the Messatsu Gou Hadou in the main games.
Technically speaking, he has the multiple fireball version outside of gameplay.
I remember that Zankuu hadoukens would propel him upwards in SSFT2, so he could easily fire off more than 2 outside gameplay.

Seein' has how 1 of the moves is in SFIII, and 1 is in IV (the prequel), I think you may be right about the KKZ bein' the stronger attack. I just checked the SFEC and the Kongou-Kokuretsuzen directly translates to "Country Destroying Adamantine Slash".

Yeah. Even if Akuma likes to tone down his moves, it wouldn't make sense to tone down an attack (say attack X) to something that was as devastating as the KKZ. If he wanted to tone down attack X, he should have made it a lot weaker than the KKZ currently is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.