Kyle Katarn vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
Kyle at his peak. (what do you think that was/is?)
Vs. Maul.

Kyle Accolades: Defeated Jerec in the Valley of the Jedi, Defeated Tavion, Defeated Desann.
Considered a threat by Caedus, I believe is the blade-master of the NJO?

Maul: Didnt defeat Bondara, but knew he was going to. Defeated QGJ,
Defeated the Padawan chick from Shadow Hunter...

Lord Lucien
Kyle. Damned if I know anything beyond Outcast, but defeating two Dark Jedi like Jerec and Desann was pretty freaking good considering his lack of training. And being the NJO battlemaster and a threat to Caedus. Dude. Dude!

Gideon
Good thread.

I shall ponder this further...

gollumizer
Im going darth maul but its going to be tight

Hewhoknowsall
Actually, I'm not sure about this.

gollumizer
Not sure about what

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by gollumizer
Not sure about what

About who wins.

Darth Truculent
Kyle.

Agent White
Maul may have only had one blade and was overconfident but he still got PWNED by Obi-Wan.

Kyle takes this.

truejedi
my personal opinion leans towards Kyle as well, but I see it as very close. Kyle's willingness to use force-lightning might prove the difference here.

Gideon
I'd like to see some of Kyle's feats or accolades. I'm not convinced by his defeat of Jerec or his disciples; it's indicative of remarkable natural skill, but unless there is some sort of novelization or cutscenes that show otherwise, those battles qualify as "unknown," just like any other video game protagonist.

truejedi
Its the usual disconnect of fighters from different eras. But both Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2 have accompanying books. I don't have them, but I've read them, thought long enough ago that I wasn't taking special note of character descriptions.

He was mentioned in conjunction with Kyp in Backlash however, in a quote that insinuated that they were close to the same level.

Gideon
Who was?

truejedi
Kyle was.

Gideon
Oh, my bad, I thought you said Kyle twice.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Agent White
Maul may have only had one blade and was overconfident but he still got PWNED by Obi-Wan.

Yes this always proves that anyone anywhere beats maul.

gollumizer
Read TPM book it say there that. Obi wan tapped into the dark side and got lucky when he was facing darth maul

BruceSkywalker
i'd say kyle

Ms.Marvel
doing a front flip over someone and cutting then half faster then they can react is skill and speed, not luck

Lord Lucien
Maul was just stupid. Kyle's a smart guy. Ergo Kyle>Yoda.

Ms.Marvel
i see what you did there

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
doing a front flip over someone and cutting then half faster then they can react is skill and speed, not luck

yes ur right. TPM Obiwan was way too uber for Maul..

he didnt even need Qui-Gon's lightsaber..

he could have just jumped over Maul then head butted him down the shaft before Maul could even react.

mattatom
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
yes ur right. TPM Obiwan was way too uber for Maul..

he didnt even need Qui-Gon's lightsaber..

he could have just jumped over Maul then head butted him down the shaft before Maul could even react. No because he would of impaled his head on Maul's horns, silly.

truejedi
probably could have just shoved him, to be honest.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
probably could have just shoved him, to be honest.

Actually, that's a great point...although Maul might have been able to grab on like Obi Wan did.

Lord Lucien
Everyone knows that Zabrak hands sweat excessively when they're falling down shafts.

Darth_Glentract
Everyone one knows that Zabrak sweat excessively when they're dealing with any sort of shaft, period.

Really not sure who takes this. Maul in my opinion is usually either horribly over-rated by some and under-rated by others. I'm think this goes to Kyp, but it's a pretty close fight. His match up against Cadeous was real impressive.

truejedi
Kyle?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Everyone one knows that Zabrak sweat excessively when they're dealing with any sort of shaft, period.

Innuendo of the day laughing

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by truejedi
Kyle?

yeah, kyle

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Kyle's a smart guy. Ergo Kyle>Yoda.

big grin

Lord Lucien
Not YOU, Kyle. I'm talking about Kyle. The Kyle who's secretly Jeff Bennett.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.