Luke Cage vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Shadowland is up next... the these 2 face off 1st... so till the last drop of blood.

KingD19
Cage, he can easily outlast DD, and DD has no way to hurt him.

celeyhyga17
erm.. this is at least a stomp, if not spite...

Darth Martin
What exactly do you expect Daredevil to do to him?

KingD19
Originally posted by Darth Martin
What exactly do you expect Daredevil to do to him?

Adhere to his code of honor and sense of decency? cool

StiltmanFTW
Pressure points DO hurt him. He has some resistance, but I doubt it's gonna be enough when facing Matt.

SuperiorTech
Cage

Wild Shadow
pressure point for the ko. angel

Black bolt z
DD does have that advantage.He has dodged bullets before so I don't see cage hurting him.The again DD's only chance is pressure point.

Omega Vision
Cage, eventually. Daredevil is good but he doesn't have anything that can convincingly put someone like Cage down barring massive PIS.

Wild Shadow
his metal sticks hitting a nerve cluster.. shifty

Badabing
facepalm

tkitna
Has a street leveler ever taken down Cage with a pressure point attack? If so, I think thats pretty silly. Cage should never lose to DD.

Wild Shadow
luke still feels pain hence lies his weakness..

http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/?action=view&current=IronFistdefeatsLukeCage4.jpg

link-rape

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/IronFistdefeatsLukeCage1.jpg

tkitna
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
luke still feels pain hence lies his weakness..

http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/?action=view&current=IronFistdefeatsLukeCage4.jpg

link-rape

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/IronFistdefeatsLukeCage1.jpg

So Iron Fist hit him with his Iron Fist in the last scan. That probably hurt. The other shots he took seemed to do nothing. Cage didnt even make a sound.

I admit though to not having seen the other panels before or after the fight so maybe he did hurt him. just seems silly that a guy with near indestructible skin is getting hurt by punches from a man. Oh well.

Wild Shadow
he bled and made faces so that tells me he sure as hell felt it,.. which means his nerve ending are just as susceptible as any other minus his denser skin giving DD something to work with..

tkitna
I guess it was blood. I thought it was spit the first time I looked at it.

Well, if Cage is getting rocked that bad from Danny, any shot from an 80 to 100 tonner should outright kill him. Wouldnt you think?

Wild Shadow
nah.. he will feel the pain but keep on trucking so long as he can tank and shrug off the pain itself..

i always had a problem with luke anyways with his ability to sometimes take a few decent shots from certain bricks but he sure as hell cant fight them like everyone makes it seem..

Omega Vision
facepalm

Daredevil is NOT Iron Fist and cannot chi amp to damage Class 20s like Cage.

Wild Shadow
no one claimed he was or could

Mindset
nah.. he will feel the pain but keep on trucking so long as he can tank and shrug off the pain itself..

i always had a problem with luke anyways with his ability to sometimes take a few decent shots from certain bricks but he sure as hell cant fight them like everyone makes it seem.. Except that he has fought them.

Omega Vision
no one claimed he was or could
You pretty much did by bringing up Iron Fist as if Daredevil could replicate his whooping on Cage.

Wild Shadow
to show luke still feels pain.. and non glowing hits still stun him.. to show a nerve blow should work on someone who feels pain...

Lord_Talron
daredevil will beat him the same way he beat tombstone in 'devil takes a ride' 3/5. sledgehammer to the temple, b*tch!

cages skin may be 'impenetrable', but the internal trauma will f*ck him up. his brain will still hit the inside of his skull resulting in a k-O

Wild Shadow
that i seriously doubt..... luke has shown highly resistant to such trauma from outside force and radiating into his internal organs...

the only way it would work if it was a purely nerve blow being amplified by his weapon at hand..

Lord_Talron
tombstone and luke have toe'd it before and they have both been upgraded since then. afaik they are at similar levels.

as far as the internal trauma that WILL work, but this is comics, so real world stuff doesnt always fit in :P

SuperiorTech
Wait you were actually serious?

Lord_Talron
tombstone and cage have both toe'd it before into a stalemate that ended when they both had to leave

Wild Shadow
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9247/swork180zt.jpg

Lord_Talron
the temple is a k-o spot too. but yea thumb up to that

Wild Shadow
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6241/swork197xi.jpg

tkitna
Besides the Rhino, does anybody job as bad as Mr. Hyde?

Mindset
Is Cage's skin pliable, or is it actually hard like metal?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by tkitna
Besides the Rhino, does anybody job as bad as Mr. Hyde? absorbing man

KingD19
Weren't those pics of IF fighting Cage a simulation? They were trying to brainwash Danny after they caught him, I don't even think he and Cage fought in that issue. But Cage did wreck X and Paladin. And Danny handed X his ass.

StiltmanFTW
to show luke still feels pain.. and non glowing hits still stun him.. to show a nerve blow should work on someone who feels pain...

Nerve blows do hurt him.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/222f2274286912

But tbf, he recovered quickly.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1f2af474286914
Props to SuperiorTech

Anyway, I believe Matt is better than her and his series of pressure point attacks would put Cage down.

Originally posted by KingD19
Weren't those pics of IF fighting Cage a simulation? They were trying to brainwash Danny after they caught him, I don't even think he and Cage fought in that issue. But Cage did wreck X and Paladin. And Danny handed X his ass.

No, that was a real fight. In a simulation IF refused to fight Cage and got his neck snapped. Re-read the issue stick out tongue

SuperiorTech
You should note that is prior to his second treatment his durability took a pretty substantial jump.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
You should note that is prior to his second treatment his durability took a pretty substantial jump.

My bad. I thought only his strength got upgraded.

KingD19
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
My bad. I thought only his strength got upgraded.

When he went from Power Man to just Luke Cage, it's obvious everything got amped. Original Power man wouldn't have been taking hits from WM, Hulk, Rhino, Hiroim, etc.... He would've died.

StiltmanFTW
You mean like he died in that confrontation with Mindless Hulk? stick out tongue

Batroc
Originally posted by tkitna
Besides the Rhino, does anybody job as bad as Mr. Hyde?

Yeah, Hyde's showings are so variable that he's a bad example to use. Sometimes he's at least class 50, sometimes he seems barely more than peak human. A victory over Hyde doesn't mean that much.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Omega Vision
facepalm

Daredevil is NOT Iron Fist and cannot chi amp to damage Class 20s like Cage.

He didn't need to.

leonidas
didn't these 2 actually square-off at some point? anyone got scans?

KingD19
They fought in Luke's old gym to settle a bet. And Daredevil basically said that he had to find a way to win fast or Luke would wear him down and catch him. Since basically all he was doing was playing keep away. Then Luke passed out because one of the guys there got paid to poison him. At the end of the issue they're about to fight again but I think it cuts off.

Lord Feron
OP is old so is this when DD was posessed by a demon or whatever and was incredible powerful like whooping ghost riders ass along with other heroes in that arch?

leonidas
don't think so. think it was just normal dd given the discussions that took place.

abhilegend
Can luke produce a thunderclap?

KingD19
Yes. He performed his first one a little while ago to get Osborn's right hand lady to shut up. (Can't remember her name)

StiltmanFTW
Victoria Hand.

leonidas
stilt??! i don't know what the heck your post is supposed to mean, but..... clap

SamZED
The two words Stilt posted are the name of a girl and a kind of job she did for him. Let me try.

Kate Blow.

leonidas
ah. no expression

Dum Dum Dugan
They fought in Luke's old gym to settle a bet. And Daredevil basically said that he had to find a way to win fast or Luke would wear him down and catch him. Since basically all he was doing was playing keep away. Then Luke passed out because one of the guys there got paid to poison him. At the end of the issue they're about to fight again but I think it cuts off.
I am pretty sure you got that wrong about him saying he needed wop win fast. In fact I think he said he had to wear Luke down. That also was a boxing match which very much limited DD mobility. Everything else u said was more or less accurate.

KingD19
Prove that pressure points work?

I'm pretty sure they don't since Daredevil can't depress his titanium hard skin enough to actually utilize them. And they were boxing because it was a boxing match.

abhilegend
Luke can damage matt by his thunderclap though. Remember they start .5 km apart by default.

KingD19
It's been 3 pages over the course of what, more than 2 years? Excuse me if I don't start from page one every time I look in here. And just checked, none of the links are even valid anymore. But yeah, comparing DD's punches to Iron Fists is ridiculous. And even then it was said he recovered quickly, even though we can't see them anymore.

So you've got a peak human vs a guy who takes hits from Rhino, Hulk, Wonderman, Absorbing Man,etc... Can thunderclap, ground stomp, ground pound, etc...

And you think DD wins?

Dum Dum Dugan
Prove that pressure points work?

I'm pretty sure they don't since Daredevil can't depress his titanium hard skin enough to actually utilize them. And they were boxing because it was a boxing match.
When did I say anything about pressure points?

Yes I know it was boxing match thats what i said.

KingD19
I wasn't talking to you dude, lol. I was replying to someone else.

the ninjak
Luke should pound through DD's offensive attacks. But Luke will have a hard time tagging DD.

Simple.

KingD19
That's where the AoE attacks come in like the Thunderclap. But it's obvious that Cage has the strength/durability/possible stamina edge, while DD has speed and agility.

Mindset
Luke will pin Matt down and pound him.

the ninjak
How will he pin him? Matt's signature weapons allow quick maneuverability and escape.

I see a rational non-fight here. I know the terms dictate both fight to the end. But what has Cage done to ensure DD gets pinned in a arena battle?

Mindset
how does any man get pinned down and pounded?

the ninjak
Most men don't have sonar senses and a two billy clubs that act as retractable entangling ropes.

Murdock watches Cage from above and laughs.

Mindset
ninjak...come on

KingD19
Does Ninjak realize that most fights are by default in a blank area? Nothing around, just the combatants fighting? Unless the OP states otherwise.

the ninjak
What? It's a non-fight. Cage is Hulk-light. He doesn't have the ability to overwhelm Matt at his own game. He's a light brick. If Matt had to put Cage down there would be no contest. Cage can't be phased. But in a arena it would go forever until one needs sleep.

I agree if both went full pelt on each other Cage wins. But in a forum arena DD ain't so stupid. There is no bloodlust. It's not a question whether Cage can beat DD in a box but whether Cage can catch DD in a arena.

KingD19
DD constantly running away would eventually be considered forfeit, or he'd get tired first and get taken down.

the ninjak
If Cage's stamina is beyond human I'll accept that he simply sooner or later grabs Matt and chokes him out. As far as I'm concerned he just has tough skin and strength. Otherwise Matt is a complete masochist of human potential. He'll last days. If not a few weeks big grin.

What feats does Cage have of lastability?

the ninjak
Does Ninjak realize that most fights are by default in a blank area? Nothing around, just the combatants fighting? Unless the OP states otherwise.

This fight takes place in Shadowland as the OP.

So the landmass limitation doesn't exist. Matt has New York as his playground. And he is as he states "The Beast."

KingD19
Shadowland is up next... the these 2 face off 1st... so till the last drop of blood.

I think he's saying it's the ruthless version of Dare Devil. As it states to the last drop of blood.

the ninjak
Hell's Kitchen as his playground. Not the blank environment assumed. I'm gonna read then we'll continue this debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.