Fanfic Survey (please help me get a degree!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luciferia
I'm writing an Audience Analysis paper on readers/writers of fanfiction, specifically on fiction centered around Harry Potter. If your involved in any type of fanfiction, please just take a minute to fill in the survey. Even if you don't like fanfiction, feel free to leave a comment on your opinions. You can also email me responses if you like.

Cheers!

Survey:

1)Why did you become interested in fan fiction?

2)Do you prefer to read or write? Why?

3)What are your favourite genres/plots/themes? Why?

4)On a scale of 1 (not at all important) to 6 (essential), how important are the following elements in your choice of fanfiction stories?

*Plotline which stays close to author's text

*Characters taken solely from author's text

*Original characters (ie, characters made up by fanfic writer, who don't appear in author's text)

*Original plotline (ie plotline made up by fanfic writer which doesn;t stay close to authors text)

*Canonicty (ie all events in book are in keeping with author's text)

*Writing Ability (ie - writng which is well-structured, grammitically correct etc)

5) Please choose two from the following lists (ie - the two you like best)

Favourite character to read about in fanfiction:

Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
Hermoine Granger
Draco Malfoy
Neville Longbottom
Sirius Black
James Potter
Remus Lupin
Severus Snape
Lilly Potter/Evens
Albus Dumbledore
Original Character
Other (please specify)

Favourite fanfiction genre:

Crossover (ie contains elements/characters from another text)
Drama
Fluff
Horror/Dark
Mystery
Romance
Action/adventure
Angst
Slash
Other (please specify)

Any final thoughts/comments/opinions?

Thanks for your time!

gogogadgetgo
i dont care much about fan fiction. probably coz many of the ones i've had the displeasure of stumbling upon suddenly make straight people gay.
not that i have anything about gays or anything, i just feel that toying with a books character underminds the authors original intent for the said character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.