Shadowland mini-series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Andy Diggle and Billy Tan that's billed as the "battle for the soul of New York."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25945

So looks like Frank Castle goes back to normal.

Deadline
Thats strange cos Rick said Pun would be Frankencastle in 2011.

AlmightyKfish
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25981

This preview looks good, although Ghost Rider being involved seems kinda strange strange, considering Johnny hasn't really been dealing with 'street level' stuff for years.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25960

This preview also looks cool.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Deadline
Thats strange cos Rick said Pun would be Frankencastle in 2011. Maybe this Shadowland happen first or after, writers can ignore mainstream chanages for their own benefit.

BruceSkywalker
this looks interesting to buy...

i hope something good happens and not a bunch of crap

dmills
This is going to be awesome! Man between this event and the Thanos Imperative I'm going to need two jobs.

Darth Jello
http://www.manwithoutfear.com/Gallery/albums/Shadowland/SHADOWLANDteaser10.sized.jpg

Here's what we can gather from the previews-

-Matt comes into conflict with the other street level heroes when his efforts to reform The Hand result in a power struggle with White Tiger and a prison for super villains being built by The Hand over the rubble of the building Bullseye blew up.
-The prison will be called Shadowland.
-The Hand will continue to murder criminals.
-Daredevil will wear a new black costume.
-Daredevil will now be considered a villain.
-Daredevil will kill Bullseye.
-Everything about Bullseye will be revealed including his real past and the events surrounding The Target.
-Daredevil will primarily come into conflict with Wolverine and Luke Cage's Thunderbolts.

Presumed Featured characters-
Daredevil
Foggy Nelson
Becky Blake
Elektra
Wolverine
Ghost Rider
Bullseye
Moon Knight
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Misty Knight
Dakota North
Typhoid Mary
White Tiger
Black Tarantula
Spider-Man
Taskmaster
Juggernaut
Izo
Crossbones
Songbird
Radioactive Man
Moonstone
Penance
Jewel/Jessica Jones
Paladin
Punisher
Cloak
Dagger
Lady Bullseye
Kingpin
Turk
The Hood
Corrupter
The Owl
Colleen Wing

Konton
^Didn't Elektra kill Paladin?

Warlord
Anything Matt related is awesome... Go Marvel!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Konton
^Didn't Elektra kill Paladin?

She didn't.

Darth Jello
I guess the Beast (no, not the X-Men one) may be involved too if the Snake Root is.

dmills
Ok. Has Daredevil always been able to chump Bullseye like that or has Matt been amped somehow?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dmills
Ok. Has Daredevil always been able to chump Bullseye like that or has Matt been amped somehow?

Nice spoiler, next time use the tags, ok? uhuh

Yeah, Matt owned Bullseye quite a few times...

snoopdogg
I've always said Bullseye is the street level Rhino.

Konton
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
She didn't.

I thought the pole through the chest would have been enough.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I've always said Bullseye is the street level Rhino.

Heroes always defeat their main villains.

I thought the pole through the chest would have been enough.

Paladin is a meta and it's not easy to die in Marvel Universe. Besides, he was a member of Osborn's Thunderbolts, so you really shouldn't be surprised... where have you been? stick out tongue

Konton
I've never picked up a single Thunderbolts issue ;p

snoopdogg
Yea, it's hard to die in the MU. Bullseye will be back.

srankmissingnin

Some CIS involved BE was not expect DD come out of the gate full steam with a take no prisoners approach. If he knew DD was actively planning on killing him it would have played out differently.

Kazenji
Marvel What the?? promo

http://marvel.com/news/all.13173.watch_msh~colon~_what_the--%3f~excl~_shadowland_promo

Bentley
Yea, it's hard to die in the MU. Bullseye will be back.

If Bullseye somehow returns from the dead, Matt would be smart to kill him each time he appears. I mean, once your archnemesis start resurrecting at you its an excellent moment to take off the kiddy gloves.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Some CIS involved BE was not expect DD come out of the gate full steam with a take no prisoners approach. If he knew DD was actively planning on killing him it would have played out differently.

He would've lasted a few more seconds if he was ready for Matt.

BruceSkywalker
liked the first issue

Angel Watching
Yeah. It's going to be great

Darth Jello
Two things about this. First of all, Bullseye could always be resurrected as a slave of the hand. Second, based on how Matt's behaving, the next (and last) daredevil arc could be Bendis' End Of Days.

dmills
I dunno man. You guy's say Matt has always chumped BE, but the way he did it was effortless. Methinks Diggle is going to have this be a DD wankathon. He's gonna son everybody.

Bentley
I dunno man. You guy's say Matt has always chumped BE, but the way he did it was effortless. Methinks Diggle is going to have this be a DD wankathon. He's gonna son everybody.

World War Daredevil.

snoopdogg
Some CIS involved BE was not expect DD come out of the gate full steam with a take no prisoners approach. If he knew DD was actively planning on killing him it would have played out differently. Isn't that's Bullseye's approach....all the time?

vansonbee
Isn't that's Bullseye's approach....all the time? Bullseye approach to what?

If you meant him and his relationship with DD (fighting). BE enjoy messing around with DD especially.

snoopdogg
When BE fights he fights to kill I thought.

vansonbee
When BE fights he fights to kill I thought. That your opinion than.

Example of serious fight to kill, would be the Punisher.

snoopdogg
Didn't Punisher kick his @ss once?

dmills
Didn't Punisher kick his @ss once? And more importantly, doesn't Bullseye have an adamantium spine and a healing factor now? Or is Diggle pissing on Bendis' crap here?

snoopdogg
I thought BE had a healing factor.

dmills
That's what I'm saying. I saw Ronin use a high powered rifle to pump him full of lead and he lived. So how's a knife in the chest going to kill him?

Deadline
Didn't Punisher kick his @ss once?

twice actually.

roughrider
And more importantly, doesn't Bullseye have an adamantium spine and a healing factor now? Or is Diggle pissing on Bendis' crap here?

I think he has to go see a special doctor to get that rapid healing.

And isn't it nice to finally see Matt get that frustration out of his system and skewer Bullseye for once? Clearly he thought this was going to be the same old game.

jalek moye
And more importantly, doesn't Bullseye have an adamantium spine
spine, hands, and skull

Juk3n
Personally im psyched to see a Daredevil that doesn't hold back, with any luck these issues will give his feats some more ammunition for the Batman vs DD h2h debates.

Warlord
Bullseye's out...next please...Matt is gonna kick some more ass in the books to come

Deadline
Oh man I hope he doesn't humiliate Punisher.

roughrider
Originally posted by Deadline
Oh man I hope he doesn't humiliate Punisher.

Probably more likely they work together, in a more civil fashion now, if Matt's now going to be as ruthless.

Battlehammer
I've never picked up a single Thunderbolts issue ;p
thats a shame, because it was one of marvel best recent runs.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
World War Daredevil.

laughcry

And more importantly, doesn't Bullseye have an adamantium spine and a healing factor now? Or is Diggle pissing on Bendis' crap here?

Pretty sure Bendis simply skimmed through some issues with Bullseye and thought he must have a HF. Which is not true. His damage soak is insane and he's lucky, that's all.

Originally posted by jalek moye
spine, hands, and skull

And legs.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
thats a shame, because it was one of marvel best recent runs.

thumb up

willRules
Pretty sure Bendis simply skimmed through some issues with Bullseye and thought he must have a HF. Which is not true. His damage soak is insane and he's lucky, that's all.

Agreed.

Still, DD's got much better endurance than Bullseye as well. Altough Bullseye has an adamantium skeleton, Daredevil has just had some brilliant showings against his archnemesis over the years. The one that springs to mind was one of their many showings during Frank Miller's run when Daredevil beats Bullseye by strangling until he passes out. Bullseye was wailing on Matt and even joined in trying to strangle Matt back, but DD took him down.

This is not to underplay Bullseye at all. I completely agree with you. It's just that DD has a long history of doing well against his own "Green Goblin" with only the odd occasion of Bullseye pulling through (Kevin Smith's opening arc for example)

Darth Jello
spine, hands, and skull Based on what's been shown in the canon meaning the comics and Predator's Smile, every bone Bullseye has except his ribs, teeth, and a few of the bones in his legs are bonded with adamantium. That's why he broke his legs and ribs after being hit by a bus during the Murdock Papers.

He doesn't have a healing factor though, just a LOT of money (up until Deadpool got most of it) and recently, direct help from Norman Osborn. The only ways his bones give him an edge are resistance to injury and weighted attacks.

Badabing
There was a bit of a surprise in the latest issue.

guy222
good read

BruceSkywalker
yeah second issue very good..

will read shadowland bulls eye a little later as well

Digi
I hate how over-the-top villainous they're making him. Would it kill Marvel to create some actual nuance to the lead in their big events? I mean, killing Bullseye has a justification. Yelling "Dead or Alive" in reference to people he knows are heroes does not have a justification. Just seems like they don't want to handle a big event with some moral gray at its core. Even Civil War was a bit ham-fisted in that department.

Bentley
He probably knows his ninjas are outclassed and if they hold back even a little they'll be useless.

That said, yeah, I though it was awful.

-K-M-
It's Seige all over again

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Digi
I hate how over-the-top villainous they're making him. Would it kill Marvel to create some actual nuance to the lead in their big events? I mean, killing Bullseye has a justification. Yelling "Dead or Alive" in reference to people he knows are heroes does not have a justification. Just seems like they don't want to handle a big event with some moral gray at its core. Even Civil War was a bit ham-fisted in that department.

He is the leader of the Hand, death is meaningless, he can revive them at his whim. cool

Plus he's brain washed... he just thinks he was able to resist it.

Digi
He is the leader of the Hand, death is meaningless, he can revive them at his whim. cool

Plus he's brain washed... he just thinks he was able to resist it.

Well then. Ok. Guess I shoulda been reading DD comics before this event.

lol, embarrasment

Dum Dum Dugan
lol me too

StiltmanFTW
He was shown struggling with the brainwashing in DD #508.

jalek moye
I'm not seeing how the hand and daredevil are supposed to take down Ghost Rider at all

Warlord
summon a demon or something

Kazenji
Has anyone seen the teaser for this event which shows Daredevils costumes on fire

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27755

i suppose it explains them other things for "Who Will Be the New Man Without Fear?"

Nova - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/teaser-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear.html

Gambit - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/shadowland-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear-teaser-2.html

Black Panther - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/shadowland-teaser-3-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear-black-panther.html

willRules
There was also an image with Kraven the Hunter.

I think the obvious choice (whether it'll be him or not is another matter) would be Black Panther. The artwork for the Marvel Knights series waaaaaay back in 1998(?) when both Daredevil and Black Panther were rebooted, showed T'Challa moving through New York's rooftops a lot like Daredevil or Spidey. Artistically they look simillar as brooding anti-hero figures. Plus T'Challa needs a new role since he is no longer Black Panther. This would be very convenient to slip into Hell's Kitchen as the new DD.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Kazenji
Has anyone seen the teaser for this event which shows Daredevils costumes on fire

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27755

i suppose it explains them other things for "Who Will Be the New Man Without Fear?"

Nova - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/teaser-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear.html

Gambit - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/shadowland-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear-teaser-2.html

Black Panther - http://www.hypergeek.ca/2010/08/shadowland-teaser-3-who-will-be-the-new-man-without-fear-black-panther.html

This is more than likely a teaser that the next DD story will be End Of Days, a Bendis story that's been in the works since 2006 that will feature the return of a lot of the people that worked on the book over the decades and will conclude with the death of Matt Murdock. I'm guessing similar to the Incredible Hercules etc. a different character will take over the book and will be the new man without fear.

As for what's happening now, I think it's pretty obvious that Matt is being controlled by the Beast, the horrible demon worshiped by the Snakeroot and controlling the hand who fist appeared in Elektra: Assassin. I think Foggy's going to end up trying to make an alliance with the Kingpin and that DD is going resurrect Bullseye as his new enforcer, kind of like Kirigi. The fact that, as predicted, whatever she's calling herself now showed up in the last issue makes things even more interesting...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by willRules

And Falcon.

Bentley
Originally posted by willRules

I think the obvious choice (whether it'll be him or not is another matter) would be Black Panther. The artwork for the Marvel Knights series waaaaaay back in 1998(?) when both Daredevil and Black Panther were rebooted, showed T'Challa moving through New York's rooftops a lot like Daredevil or Spidey. Artistically they look simillar as brooding anti-hero figures. Plus T'Challa needs a new role since he is no longer Black Panther. This would be very convenient to slip into Hell's Kitchen as the new DD.

T'challa should be the new Doctor Doom, the last one keeps jobbing cool

SamZED
I'm not seeing how the hand and daredevil are supposed to take down Ghost Rider at all Duh! Pressure points.

Warlord
I'm thinking GR would fight the Zugaikotsu (or whatever his name is) Warrior

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warlord
I'm thinking GR would fight the Zugaikotsu (or whatever his name is) Warrior

Pretty sure Rider = Zugaikotsu warrior smile

Warlord
nah, he seemed to be surprised someone called him after all this time.
I don't think it's him...I bet the rider is there because of the warrior

jalek moye

I'm thinking it's ghost rider also, how they are able to just summon him like that who knows. But the boots seemed like his, and the same text and way of speaking. Also the whole vengence statement, and the fact that the word Zugaikotsu means skull or something like that.

Warlord
you might be wrong...i'd prefer him to be a Japanese equivalent and result to an epic battle between the two however

StiltmanFTW

He's just got forcibly summoned, everybody would react like that. "What the hell is this?!" - that doesn't sound like some ancient warrior demon.

"Even he was a man once" - Kingpin

"Voices crying out for what?" - GR

"What else...? Vengeance." - KP

you might be wrong...i'd prefer him to be a Japanese equivalent and result to an epic battle between the two however

Why would Blaze protect Shadowland?

Warlord

Why would Blaze protect Shadowland?

he won't do it for shadowland but to face the opposite force that this other demon would be...however what u and jalek say makes sense..

AlmightyKfish
+ All the other Ghost Riders around the world are now dead, so there is no Japanese equivelent to be summoned.

Warlord
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
+ All the other Ghost Riders around the world are now dead, so there is no Japanese equivelent to be summoned.

well that can be fixed... punisher is human body again for the needs of the story. a second GR would be a piece of cake for them...

we'll see

StiltmanFTW
he won't do it for shadowland but to face the opposite force that this other demon would be...however what u and jalek say makes sense..

Unlike regular superheroes, Riders weren't beating the shit out of each other. Well, except for Danny and Johnny, but that was different.

jalek moye
Why would he randomly want to fight one anyway?

Tron
I was thinking that it might be Vengeance, but I'm most likely wrong.

BruceSkywalker
does anyone think something will actually happen to DD

Tron
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
does anyone think something will actually happen to DD

Of course something WILL happen. The real question is, what?

Darth Jello

This guy not good enough for you? He's definitely what's controlling DD.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15776/916463-beast.jpg

AlmightyKfish
Punisher's line in Shadowland #3 was awesome.

And now we know for sure that it's The Beast of the Hand that is controlling/amping Matt

amnesia
**** that was awesome

BOOOM, Kung fu this

Darth Jello
Regarding a certain deceased character in the latest issues...who called it?

Kazenji
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

You sure that they're all dead?

because there were quite a few that showed up to kick Zadkiel's arse

and also Black Panther is the new Man Without Fear

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/09/daredevil-to-become-black-panther-the-man-without-fear/

willRules
and also Black Panther is the new Man Without Fear

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/09/daredevil-to-become-black-panther-the-man-without-fear/

That's a shame. It was the most obvious choice. I would have preferred Kraven.

Warlord
he's laving Wakanda?

Bentley
he's laving Wakanda?

Yep, Shuri is current BP and T'challa is kind of an outlaw.

Also, I like to have T'challa in the spotlight, hopefully it will be a good run and not just a gimmick.

Warlord
nice... now he's not in africa he can be back in Avengers.
I always liked his interaction with Ironman and I'd rather have him instead of Wolverine anytime

Dum Dum Dugan
he not replacing wolverine thought, he gunna be the new DD I believe.

StiltmanFTW
It sucks Marvel revealed that so early.

Bentley
But hardcore Black Panther fans need a chance to preorder it.

jalek moye
You sure that they're all dead?

because there were quite a few that showed up to kick Zadkiel's arse

yea they died after that scene

john allerdyce
Does anyone know when this event is set to end?

Galan007
^ A few months for sure. Shadowland itself is a 5 issue series (plus tie-ins of course) and it's currently on issue #3.

Kazenji
I Finally got a Shadowland Comic....the Ghost Rider tie-in.

yea they died after that scene

You sure about that ?

re-read it again.

StiltmanFTW
I Finally got a Shadowland Comic....the Ghost Rider tie-in.

Enjoyed that one-shot a lot.

Warlord
the angel army thing was impressive...wink

Kazenji
Enjoyed that one-shot a lot.

I'm still awaiting on the rest of the Shadowland related stuff from the comic shop their supplier is stuffing them around.

StiltmanFTW
Anyone read Moon Knight #2?

Darth Jello
Originally posted by john allerdyce
Does anyone know when this event is set to end?

It's over this month with After The Fall. Next up story-wise is the Black Panther series, Daredevil Reborn, and quite possibly, End of Days.

Prep-Man
This was disappointing, IMO. It started out really well, but then fell flat. Ah, well.

Badabing
Originally posted by Prep-Man
This was disappointing, IMO. It started out really well, but then fell flat. Ah, well. Agreed. I felt the same about the Thanos Imperative. It seems like Avengers and Hulk are getting most the attention at Marvel.

Dum Dum Dugan
Think marvel problem is they try to do, far to much. Way to many events going on at once, they should take a Q from DC and have one major event every once in a while instead of having like 10 or more separate "huge" events happening at the same time.

Badabing
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Think marvel problem is they try to do, far to much. Way to many events going on at once, they should take a Q from DC and have one major event every once in a while instead of having like 10 or more separate "huge" events happening at the same time. That's true. I mean we had Shadow Land, WW Hulks, Thanos Imperative, X Men: Curse of the Vampires, and Chaos War all overlapping.

Trackz
Originally posted by Badabing
That's true. I mean we had Shadow Land, WW Hulks, Thanos Imperative, X Men: Curse of the Vampires, and Chaos War all overlapping.
Marvel stated they were going to stop doing large events like secret invasion and civil war since fans were complaining about them so rather they were just doing events that usually only pertained to only select corners of the marvel universe

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Think marvel problem is they try to do, far to much. Way to many events going on at once, they should take a Q from DC and have one major event every once in a while instead of having like 10 or more separate "huge" events happening at the same time.

DC has the same thing! War of the Amazons, Kryptonian storyline, Batman RIP, Blackest Night, etc...

StiltmanFTW
I enjoyed Shadowland. Still have a lot of tie-ins to check out.

Warlord
the ghost rider - dd encounter was shit

StiltmanFTW
I liked it. It's good to see GR's ass kicked. He's pretty much unbeatable on the forums.

Warlord
Not in this way though. Meh

StiltmanFTW
In what way then? He'd just reform if Beast-Devil smashed him.

Warlord
In what way then? He'd just reform if Beast-Devil smashed him.

I don't know.
surely if his helfire/esence was that easy to suck/absorb some one of his enemies would have done it by now.

I was just expecting an epic battle

jalek moye
While I didn't like it either, i see why they did it that way. I imagine he's hard to write a good fight for

I did wish they did though

Prep-Man
I don't know.
surely if his helfire/esence was that easy to suck/absorb some one of his enemies would have done it by now.

I was just expecting an epic battle

Agreed. Go to Manga/Anime for epic battles. Marvel/DC just doesn't seem to get it. Every once in a while a good battle will pop up, but whatever.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
DC has the same thing! War of the Amazons, Kryptonian storyline, Batman RIP, Blackest Night, etc...

You mean Amazons Attack? That was from 2007, Kryptonian storyline isn't a crossover company wide event. Batman RIP was released in 2008, Blackest Night was from 2009. So most of the events you listed wern't released at the same time while Marvel's events are.

Doom War was another Marvel event that came out around the same time.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -K-M-
You mean Amazons Attack? That was from 2007, Kryptonian storyline isn't a crossover company wide event. Batman RIP was released in 2008, Blackest Night was from 2009. So most of the events you listed wern't released at the same time while Marvel's events are.

Doom War was another Marvel event that came out around the same time.

I didn't say they came out at the same time Marvel's did. My point is that DC has mini events just like Marvel. Some in the same year, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.