happy meals ilegal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
using toys to encourage children to purchase unhealthy food is ilegal in some counties now.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/where-happy-meals-are-illegal-19362009

Shakyamunison
Why do they need to make it illegal? Do these children not have any parents?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why do they need to make it illegal? Do these children not have any parents? but the children beg the parents to purchase them and sometimes kids wont shut up untill they get what they want. but if happy meals and fast food toys dont exist then they cant whine about that

Symmetric Chaos
Why do they need to make it illegal? Do these children not have any parents?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

This is a round-about way of doing something they really have no business doing anyway.

The Nuul
1. The parents should stop giving them so much fast food at a early age.

2. Still have the toys but offer better food for the kids instead of the fires and the soda/pop.

Robtard
While i think fast-food comes from the bowels of the devil, this is a lame law.

I do think fast-food restaurant should be mandated to post on their food boxes and wrappings: "This food has a good chance of causing obesity, eat at your own risk."

chomperx9
are they gonna start doing that to cereals as well ?

i remember when i was a kid every time we went to the supermarket i chose which cereal i wanted judging by what toy it came with.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
While i think fast-food comes from the bowels of the devil, this is a lame law.

I do think fast-food restaurant should be mandated to post on their food boxes and wrappings: "This food has a good chance of causing obesity, eat at your own risk."

Their lawyers would probably point out that all foods have a chance of causing obesity.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by The Nuul

2. Still have the toys but offer better food for the kids instead of the fires and the soda/pop.

thumb up

Quiero Mota
Why do they need to make it illegal?

Removing the temptation, so its not an option at all.

Psychology 101.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Their lawyers would probably point out that all foods have a chance of causing obesity.

True; damn those Jew-lawyers.

Some have a higher chance than others though; it's known that fast-food is one of the greater offenders in this area.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Removing the temptation, so its not an option at all.

Psychology 101.

But then a black market in happy meals will sweep the country with crime. stick out tongue

Quiero Mota
They can just drive to another county. If they were really serious, they would make it state-wide.

Symmetric Chaos
But then a black market in happy meals will sweep the country with crime. stick out tongue

You say this in jest but I assure you that the syndicates would love that market.

Spire

People can learn a lot from the Sten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpwAPBFHPc

chomperx9
You say this in jest but I assure you that the syndicates would love that market. that market is called walmart

dadudemon
Originally posted by chomperx9
using toys to encourage children to purchase unhealthy food is ilegal in some counties now.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/where-happy-meals-are-illegal-19362009

Wait, when did eating a happy meal become unhealthy? They obviously don't know that kids can easily incorporate a Happy Meal into a well balance diet.

chomperx9
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait, when did eating a happy meal become unhealthy? They obviously don't know that kids can easily incorporate a Happy Meal into a well balance diet. happy meal burger is cooked the same way the other burgers are. just a smaller burger and smaller order of fries. same thing for the chicken mcnuggets

LanceWindu

They do, at several fast food chains.

You can get apple slices instead of fries, a water or milk instead of soda. It's at the parents discretion on whether or not to order the healthier alternatives.

inimalist
not to just jump on the bandwagon, but this seems to make little sense at all...

what are they trying to target, the unhealthy food or the manipulation through the use of toys?

Either way, McDonalds happy meals and the like are by no means the greatest risk to children from either such things. This seems like the state using a scapegoat to increase its control over people's bodies in the name of health...

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
not to just jump on the bandwagon, but this seems to make little sense at all...

what are they trying to target, the unhealthy food or the manipulation through the use of toys?

Either way, McDonalds happy meals and the like are by no means the greatest risk to children from either such things. This seems like the state using a scapegoat to increase its control over people's bodies in the name of health...

Yeah, the greatest risk to children is hot McDonald's coffee hmm

Tired-Hiker
My wife eats happy meals whenever we go to Mickey D's. She doesn't eat much. I always tell her to get the one for a boy, that way I get to keep the toy! beer

dadudemon
happy meal burger is cooked the same way the other burgers are. just a smaller burger and smaller order of fries. same thing for the chicken mcnuggets

Door knobs are used to open doors. Sometimes, they can be used to lock doors, depending on the model.

Do you understand "what I there"? If no, I'll explain it to you.

Originally posted by inimalist

I'd like to call this shit "the nanny state."

Originally posted by Bardock42

laughing laughing

You're gonna get a beat down.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42

invariably

I'd like to call this shit "the nanny state."

Foucout called it "Biopolitics"

King Kandy
Huh oddly enough I agree with this one.

Nemesis X
A happy meal is like a "fun sized" candy bar, they're both small and you wish they'd be bigger so they can live up to the words happy and fun size. Screw the happy meal, it sucks. I don't care what California does with them.

botankus
Put Michael Moore's pic on a bag of Ruffles, that should do it.

Bicnarok
When you consider the ammount of poisonous crap the put in food & water nowadays, asparatame in sugar free products, all the "E" poisons not to mention friggin Flouride in water in some US states Happy Meals are harmless.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

§P0oONY
but the children beg the parents to purchase them and sometimes kids wont shut up untill they get what they want. but if happy meals and fast food toys dont exist then they cant whine about that That's what discipline is for.

Silly law really.

inimalist
But, the thing is, the law has nothing to do with the health of the food, children are still allowed to eat it and be advertised to.

The issue is in how they are being manipulated through material possessions to want happy meals.

Quebec has similar laws regarding how advertisers can market their product to children. Agree or not, the government is doing nothing to stop people from eating unhealthy food or from living unhealthy lifestyles.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bicnarok
When you consider the ammount of poisonous crap the put in food & water nowadays, asparatame in sugar free products, all the "E" poisons not to mention friggin Flouride in water in some US states Happy Meals are harmless.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html
Flouride in water is completely reasonable... nothing has ever shown that the doses hurt people, but there is a body of evidence showing the positive effects it has.

chomperx9

Deja~vu
I've always felt that all happy meals should be illegal.. What does it have to do with being happy?

§P0oONY
discipline doesnt work anymore without hearing from CPS That is utter bollocks.

botankus
What should have been illegal was when Mickie D's took the box away and switched to a freakin' paper bag. It was so grease-stained that it was literally impossible to solve any of the mazes or what-not on the bag. Fortunately, I think it was made illegal.

dadudemon

Symmetric Chaos
Not really.

Go ahead and spank your children at the Super Market, in New Jersey and tell us what happens. Don't even do that: just yell at them. Tell us what happens.

Wait, you don't have any kids.

Never mind.

A crack squad of DYFS agents burst through the door and tasered me!

dadudemon
A crack squad of DYFS agents burst through the door and tasered me!

Dang. I didn't mean for you to actually try it!

Did you at least say, "Don't taze me, bro?" before they tazed you?

Adam_PoE
F1ioVED-3lA

§P0oONY
Not really.

Go ahead and spank your children at the Super Market, in New Jersey and tell us what happens. Don't even do that: just yell at them. Tell us what happens.

Wait, you don't have any kids.

Never mind. I ave seen kids being told off in public plenty of times and guess what? Nothing f-ing happened, I don't knowhow things happen in America but here parents are actually allowed to discipline their children.

You don't have to have children to know this. I was only a child about 10 years ago and I know that I was disciplined and I know that my parents were never seen by social services.

dadudemon

Symmetric Chaos
2. The point was, someone might freak out on you and report you to DHS or other authorities.

It seems to me that this is a much more serious problem for teachers. My mother can't touch the kids she works with in any way because the school can't afford to be sued by a crazy parent.

One Free Man
please do something, US government, or by the time I'm 50, there won't be any jailbait. Just little hippos running around.

§P0oONY
1. It was a joke, Mr. Serious Pants (Got that from SpongeBob...teehee.)

2. The point was, someone might freak out on you and report you to DHS or other authorities.

3. My little joke stunt fails with you because you don't have any children to even try this with.

4. You need to smoke a bowl or two, man. You're wound up too tight. It's not always the fault of the person who doesn't get the joke... You ever just thought that you're not very funny? Go back and read your post and tell me if it is a great joke or even seems like a joke at all.

You're just back peddling.

One Free Man
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/9985/small/internet-serious-business.jpg

inimalist
1:08 pm here, first accusations of back-peddling, I'm officially calling the thread

One Free Man
10:08am Here. ARE YOU A TIME TRAVELER? ZOMG

inimalist
I was sent from the future to make longwinded and irrelevant forum posts

One Free Man
Wait, does this save the world somehow? confused

dadudemon

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by One Free Man
please do something, US government, or by the time I'm 50, there won't be any jailbait. Just little hippos running around.
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg462/LadeyVonDeath/baby-pygmy-hippo-monifa-taronga-zoo.jpg

Dawww

One Free Man
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg462/LadeyVonDeath/baby-pygmy-hippo-monifa-taronga-zoo.jpg

Dawww It's cute, but I'm not in any way tempted to make hot sweaty love to it.

One Free Man
Sorry, mate, it wasn't really a joke.

a**holes.
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/internets_srs_bsns_ninjas.jpg

§P0oONY
Hahaha, It's ironic. You're telling me I'm taking it seriously with a reply like that. Get a life.

dadudemon

One Free Man
laughing laughing laughing

And you said I wasn't funny, yet you got lulz from me. That's a double pwn. I win the internetz! WEEEEEE!

number 1:
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/ob//internet_graphic1.jpg

chomperx9
i see a huge light heart here alright .

dadudemon
Originally posted by One Free Man
number 1:

Hey! mad Wait a minute...

That one doesn't count because that was just the icing on the cake of my serious business internet pwns!

i see a huge light heart here alright .

That reminds me...

I was thinking..

Maybe you could sue someone for suing you because their suing you caused undue stress and grief or something. hmm

§P0oONY
Look at you trying to seem all laid back now. petpet

chomperx9
Hey! mad Wait a minute...

That one doesn't count because that was just the icing on the cake of my serious business internet pwns!

That reminds me...

I was thinking..

Maybe you could sue someone for suing you because their suing you caused undue stress and grief or something. hmm eek! wow go back to school man

dadudemon

§P0oONY
Get banned? For what? Now that is a funny joke. You certainly are coming along. I didn't even send this topic wayward.

One Free Man
Yeah, cause I was very siwious. Oh so siwious.

Let's get back on topic before you get banned. wow... banned... you probably are one of those people who would sue someone for "undue stress"

dadudemon

§P0oONY
So, how about those happy meals, or do you want to continue being off topic?

Pffffft! Because I TOOOTALLY hit the report button, man. Hahahaha, again another classic piece of irony. Don't tell me to bring things back on topic if you've proven your lack of ability to do it within one post.

dadudemon

chomperx9
Weed should be legal and parents are losing the ability to discipline their children.

no expression weed is cleaner and not as harmful as cigarettes.

Robtard
weed is cleaner and not as harmful as cigarettes.

Until you start doing heroine, meth, cocaine and crack. /fact

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Until you start doing heroine, meth, cocaine and crack. /fact

Nah, even when you start doing heroin, meth, cocaine and crack, weed is still cleaner and not as harmful as cigarettes.

§P0oONY
Excepct for the fact that here everyone smokes it with tobacco. Making it as bad.

I love the fact that people actually seem offended that I don't think it should be legalised. It's jusy my opinion and most governments seem to agree with me, So na, na, na, na, naaa, na.

chomperx9

§P0oONY
I don't really give a shit whether cigarettes are made illegal or not. I just think it would be silly for a government to pretend that it's cracking down on alcohol and tobacco (like they are) just to legalise weed. It makes no sense for a government to do it, it's sending out mixed messages to the electorate... It's insane..

People can ***** and moan all they want but until they actually do something about it (which isn't silly pointless protesting) they can simply suck it. stick out tongue

dadudemon

Rogue Jedi
This thread is full of lol.

King Kandy
I'm definitely not offended. I've never smoked weed or cigs, before. I still think that weed should be legal.

I'll try to tie this back into the thread...

The government stepping in and making happy meals with toys, illegal, is the same type of bullshit that makes weed illegal: the nanny state. I hate it.

What about you? Do you care about the government stepping in and making choices for you or do you like to have those choices to make?
The difference being that i'm pretty sure happy meals are more dangerous than weed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
The difference being that i'm pretty sure happy meals are more dangerous than weed.

I disagree: if you drop your happy meal on your shaggy couch, will it catch on fire?

AHA!

PWNED!

One Free Man
possibly

King Kandy
I disagree: if you drop your happy meal on your shaggy couch, will it catch on fire?

AHA!

PWNED!
No, but if you buy coffee with your happy meal there might be something else burning...

One Free Man
ur dick?

Bicnarok
Flouride in water is completely reasonable... nothing has ever shown that the doses hurt people, but there is a body of evidence showing the positive effects it has.

What friigin hell wake up!!?? Sodium fluoride is a by product of producing aluminium & is a poison, fact.

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/101906/CVR-FluorideBag.jpg

The Nuul
Lets lock these bad parents up for attemp of murder. They are slowly killing their children.

dadudemon
No, but if you buy coffee with your happy meal there might be something else burning...

Your desire to eat the food and drink the coffee?

inimalist

chomperx9
glad i kept that mcdonalds collectibles book. i bet that one will be worth something now. has all the happy meal toys that have value these days.

Bardock42

Blinky
Let's just burn all morbidly obese people and fast food chains. We will start from scratch. Happy Dance

chomperx9
why dont they use toys to encourage children to purchase healthy food ?

AsbestosFlaygon
Perfectly fine with it.

I don't eat fast-food anymore anyways.

TKM
I don't think most kids even want the stupid toys in happy meals, they want the food. It's not like the kids go out and buy the meal anyways, their parents do. Then when they get older they're fat and unhappy because they don't know how to eat healthy.

The law is pointless anyways. You don't have to buy a happy meal to get a toy. They can just get something else off the menu and get a toy from Walmart.

chomperx9
Originally posted by TKM
I don't think most kids even want the stupid toys in happy meals, they want the food. It's not like the kids go out and buy the meal anyways, their parents do. Then when they get older they're fat and unhappy because they don't know how to eat healthy.

The law is pointless anyways. You don't have to buy a happy meal to get a toy. They can just get something else off the menu and get a toy from Walmart. i think they want the toys more than the food. if it didnt come with a toy children wouldnt be begging their parents to purchase them happy meals.

Seth Wynd
why dont they use toys to encourage children to purchase healthy food ?

Actually they sort of did, considering you still got the toy if you got a salad, some apple slices, and juice instead of the cheeseburger and fries.

I imagine that acknowledging that would have made it hard for the idiots making this law to blame the fast food joints though, so it was sort of ignored.

The law's beyond stupid anyway, and just one more reason I'm glad I don't live in California. Next thing you know, they'll try their hand at outlawing motor vehicles in an attempt to reduce the number of traffic accidents. It'd probably work, but it wouldn't be any less moronic.

TKM
i think they want the toys more than the food. if it didnt come with a toy children wouldnt be begging their parents to purchase them happy meals.

I don't know any child who begs their parents for happy meals, because of the toy. Some parents are just lazy and don't want to cook, so they buy thier kids child sized meals.

I guess my point is, to me, this law is suppose to be a way of helping parents say no to their children. They better just grow a backbone.

WickedDynamite

Another retarded idea created by hippie earth loving vegan parents. thumb down

King Kandy
Originally posted by TKM
I don't know any child who begs their parents for happy meals, because of the toy. Some parents are just lazy and don't want to cook, so they buy thier kids child sized meals.

I guess my point is, to me, this law is suppose to be a way of helping parents say no to their children. They better just grow a backbone.
I know lots of kids who like happy meals just because of the toy (I was one of them)...

Enyalus
I know lots of kids who like happy meals just because of the toy (I was one of them)...
Seconded.

Dr Will Hatch
It's been proven that kids will eat just about whatever they grew up with. The toys and ads are a bane, sure, but not illegal. This law is bullsh.it.

TKM
Well I wasn't one of them. My mother didn't let us get a lot of greasy fast food with some rinky dink toy.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TKM
Well I wasn't one of them. My mother didn't let us get a lot of greasy fast food with some rinky dink toy.
Me neither. But that doesn't mean I didn't want her to.

Seth Wynd
Frankly I was always of the opinion that the toys have long just been an attempt for each fast food chain to compete with the other, rather than entice kids' parents to buy their children happy meals.

Soda companies do the same sort of thing with those promotional things that almost always seem to be going on. Chance to win music downloads, etc. It's just an attempt to get an edge over the competition, not necessarily to entice somebody to buy a 20oz bottle of soda.

Ms.Marvel
i dont know what you guys are talking about. ermm

i work with kids all day. toys are like crack to them, doesnt matter what kind they are.

Seth Wynd
You know what else they want a lot though? Food. Especially the young ones, who can be like bottomless pits at times.

Kids want food they like, just like everybody else. Toys with happy meals are just an added perk. Frankly I half expect the next move to be banning fast food places from having playgrounds, deciding it also entices kids to eat unhealthy food.

Despite, y'know, the common sense that if they're going to eat that food, a place to exercise and play is EXACTLY what they need.

chomperx9
when i was a kid i prefered toys over food. for example every time we went to the grocery store i always got a different cereal. got the one that had the coolest toy not the best flavor cereal.

LanceWindu
i think they want the toys more than the food. if it didnt come with a toy children wouldnt be begging their parents to purchase them happy meals.

Have you seen the quality of Happy Meal toys nowadays? If I were a kid, I wouldn't want them.

When I was growing up, the toys were tons better.

chomperx9
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Have you seen the quality of Happy Meal toys nowadays? If I were a kid, I wouldn't want them.

When I was growing up, the toys were tons better. havent noticed the new ones. the last time mcdonalds dragged me in their was to collect all the monopoly pieces

LanceWindu
havent noticed the new ones. the last time mcdonalds dragged me in their was to collect all the monopoly pieces

Even the Monopoly game is half-assed compared to what it used to be.

Seth Wynd
I was the opposite. Sure I'd still try to get the best toy I could, but only out of the cereal I already liked. I never asked for cereal I wouldn't eat just to get a toy out of it.

Same with fast food. McDonalds had toys I wanted plenty of times, but I didn't like their food. So I didn't ask for it. My parents had no problem stepping in to explain to me why it was silly to want food just to get a cheap toy, and I'd hardly call my childhood ruined.

It's sad that government decides it has to step in, and in the case of that county, against overwhelming public opinion (87% AGAINST the law), just because a few parents don't understand that little Timmy's overweight because he doesn't play outside or exercise, not because of some sinister plot by the fast food corporations.

chomperx9
Even the Monopoly game is half-assed compared to what it used to be. yeah the original boards were cooler. now they give you cheapy boards that fold out like brochures. i guess that saved em some money

LanceWindu
yeah the original boards were cooler. now they give you cheapy boards that fold out like brochures. i guess that saved em some money

Not just that, but the prizes are worse and even if you get Park Place and Boardwalk, you only have a chance to win $1 million. It used to be guaranteed win if you had the pieces.

chomperx9
Not just that, but the prizes are worse and even if you get Park Place and Boardwalk, you only have a chance to win $1 million. It used to be guaranteed win if you had the pieces. atleast you still win free food. your guaranteed a free item if you super size your drink. the big sticker on the bottom was always something free.

LanceWindu
atleast you still win free food. your guaranteed a free item if you super size your drink. the big sticker on the bottom was always something free.

True, but I'd rather win a real prize. laughing

chomperx9
True, but I'd rather win a real prize. laughing come on man what are the odds of that ?

LanceWindu
come on man what are the odds of that ?

1 in 25,000?

Hell if I know. laughing

Bicnarok

lord xyz
So forget NaCl, we need LiF!

Seth Wynd

lord xyz
If Lithium lowers suicide rates, then surely it IS a "happy meal"!

King Kandy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.