Spartans vs Riot Police

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
fight starts off in the middle Washington and the hot gates a temporal war zone nexus during a demostration against the President. the yr is 2004 and famous battle of the 300 and the arcadians

spartans were in the middle of their famous battle when they are transported.. the smoke starts to clear and they see a new army approach them..

30 cops: plastic shields.. batons flak and helmets.. 1o of them have non lethal buck shot rifles... and one fire hose with 5 minutes of water running.. guns only have rubber bullets.. also tasers..

15 horseback cops with plastic shields and bean bag rifles..

they can shoot two canisters of cs gas from the rear for support if needed.

cops are snickering b/c they are still laughing at the hitting of civilians and shooting them.. they had shot smoke bombs into the crowd and ppl started running they have no idea that the spartans are there as the smoke clears and the spartans have no idea that in front of them they are facing a future army..

both sides can hear screaming in the background from the chaos caused by the pigs and them laughing as it is a game..cops banging on their shields.. spartans begin to do so and do their war cry... some protesters drums and chants can still be heard..

this is where we hold him them. this is where we fight. this is where they die..
Give them nothing, but take from them…everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQCQuCF9Wk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMqKr029_TY&feature=related

P.s. this not the movie spartans but actual historical army

Quiero Mota
Jesus Christ, who gives a shit? This is the wrong forum anyway.

And why are you fixated on Spartans?

Moscow
Like your Mall Security guards in your other thread, the Riot Police would shoot the Spartans in the head and the 300 army would be done.

Ms.Marvel
there is a reason why samurai, ninja, and spartans dont exist anymore. no expression

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Moscow
Like your Mall Security guards in your other thread, the Riot Police would shoot the Spartans in the head and the 300 army would be done. they have helmets and cops have non lethal wpns and ammo..

Moscow
Ah, then the smoke bombs, tazers and pepper spray will incapacitate them but not kill them.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
there is a reason why samurai, ninja, and spartans dont exist anymore. no expression umm.. b/c they are mortal? anyways their descendants still exist as well as their way of life or knowledge to the few and dedicated..

so ninjas and ninja training still exist as well as the way of the samurai.. bushido.. spartans i'll give you but the military mentality is evident in various nations army.

also ppl evolving new gear and tactics does not mean one ceases to exist but simply grow and change.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

so ninjas and ninja training still exist as well as the way of the samurai.. bushido..

But only in underground societies that have no relevance in current events whatsoever.

Remember what Ken Watanabe's character said towards the end of The Last Samurai? "The way of the Samurai is no longer necessary". That character was based on a real person, and even in the 1870's they recognized that they were fading.

inimalist
there is a reason why samurai, ninja, and spartans dont exist anymore. no expression

no ****ing doubt

@ WS

dude, we all know Sparta was sorta awesome in a "holy crap, but I'm glad I don't live there" kind of way, but look at the reality. Sure, they beat athens in the Pelopenesian War, and they were known as fierce warriors, but they lost as much as they won, and though Alexander never attacked them directly, they lost when they attacked the Macedonian army (thank you wikipedia)

They were awesome, among the best of their time, but they weren't magical. They have nothing akin to a jedi that might make them even comprable to armies 100-200 years later, let alone thousands.

King Kandy
Originally posted by inimalist
no ****ing doubt

@ WS

dude, we all know Sparta was sorta awesome in a "holy crap, but I'm glad I don't live there" kind of way, but look at the reality. Sure, they beat athens in the Pelopenesian War, and they were known as fierce warriors, but they lost as much as they won, and though Alexander never attacked them directly, they lost when they attacked the Macedonian army (thank you wikipedia)

They were awesome, among the best of their time, but they weren't magical. They have nothing akin to a jedi that might make them even comprable to armies 100-200 years later, let alone thousands.
I think this thread is a sarcastic parody of the samurai vs Spartan thread.

Wild Shadow
remember that the old and the new comment? it also means change but not complete removal.. killing by swords knifes. stealth is no longer the preferred method of fighting but it is still taught in various MA and military training as well as mental indoctrination similar to ancient methods..

if you look at some of the elite fighting military unit you will see ancient methods of fighting is still taught as well as stealth right down to the mental coercion /indoctrination of the soldier/warrior.

when i look at a ninja/ spartan or samurai i dont see them as obsolete warrior/soldier i see them as a warrior/soldier of his time and i relate to them b/c i see myself as a warrior/soldier of my time
and my combat MA training although different is based in war same as them although different. i never forgotten about my actual MA training prior to military service. its why i get annoyed when i hear ppl say crap like they dont exist for a reason when i see myself and other martial artist still practicing and studying said cultures for decades as a way of life..

and majority of warriors and way of living has never bn popular or the norm in any sense it has always bn underground society when compared to the rest of society and its many nations. it doesnt discredit who or what we are b/c joe six back and bon bon betty never learned or lived it. might as well make the same comparison with football..baseball and any actual physical sport on hunting etc etc.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Moscow
Like your Mall Security guards in your other thread, the Riot Police would shoot the Spartans in the head and the 300 army would be done. QFT, babe.

Wild Shadow
so you guys think 45 riot cops will be able to put down handedly ancient spartan warriors who are in midst of battle?

inimalist
well, no, but all you have proven with this situation is that you can dream up a scenario where a substantially weaker force can overcome a more powerful one.

For instance, the only reason the Spartans might be victorious is because the riot police are not expecting them and outnumbered 10 to one at close range, and you have removed their lethal weapons.

If any one of those things were changed it would be a massacre of the Greeks

EDIT: it is almost like this: I couldn't beat up Mike Tyson in his prime. I likely couldn't even if I jumped him by surprise. But if he were tranqualized, had his arms tied, and I got him by surprise, I figure I have a sporting chance. Is this even a relevant discussion though?

§P0oONY
Sparta loses, you know why? Becasue they already have. You go to Sparta and see if you see anything of note. It's nothing but a bunch of crumbling ruins... Not even impressive crumbling ruins.

Guns > Any kind of melee training.

Let's stop with these silly versus threads. 99/100 the more modern side will win.

Enyalus
300 Spartans and 700 Thespians (not Arcadians) against...45 members of riot police armed with nonlethal weapons? Srsly?

I don't know what cs gas is, but I'm assuming its non lethal and not nerve gas. In which case the riot police and their horses get bent over.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Enyalus
300 Spartans and 700 Thespians (not Arcadians) against...45 members of riot police armed with nonlethal weapons? Srsly?

I don't know what cs gas is, but I'm assuming its non lethal and not nerve gas. In which case the riot police and their horses get bent over.

It's tear gas. You shut your eyes on reflex because it feels like they're on fire then double up in pain and start vomiting uncontrollably.

Ms.Marvel
oh god sad

Enyalus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's tear gas.
I thought so, just wasn't positive. I've never seen the acronym before.

Wild Shadow
ppl are exaggerating the CS gas effect in an open air environment..

S_Yi0OlALSw

Symmetric Chaos
To put in in the nerdiest possible terms:

You have to make an HT-2 roll against each of Blindless, Coughing and Retching with each lasting 1+MoF minutes.

So healthy Spartans with HT12 have a 50% of each effect. So 12% will be totally useless for at least a minute, 76% will be at less than full potential and 12% will be unharmed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
ppl are exaggerating the CS gas effect in an open air environment..

S_Yi0OlALSw

Depends on the specific mix, it's possible to make it very very nasty. But honestly you've hobbled the cops so much for this scenario that I'm surprised you didn't give them gas canisters full of steam...

Wild Shadow
how about none of the above other then minor coughing and irritant in an open air environment and spartans operate at 93% efficiency?

Ms.Marvel
whats the point of this thread?

Symmetric Chaos
whats the point of this thread?

Apparently to see what it takes to make a modern cop less effective than a Spartan soldier.

Wild Shadow
Apparently to see what it takes to make a modern cop less effective than a Spartan soldier. spartans arent soldiers they are warriors... no expression

Ms.Marvel
Apparently to see what it takes to make a modern cop less effective than a Spartan soldier.

that makes sense. mmm

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.