Mara vs Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The former assassin turned Jedi Master vs one of the most proficient Jedi killers. Who wins?

Q99
I would think that being an assassin would make the standard anti-Jedi tricks less reliable.

So my money's on Jade.

Lord Lucien
If it was Boba I'd be conflicted, what with the Travissian style he's written in. But Jango? Nah.

BruceSkywalker
Mara wasn't the Emperor's Hand for nothing...

Mara like Master Mace Windu did in AOTC slices Jango's head clean off

truejedi
Mara was a Jedi Master, as well as an assassin, she is just too dangerous in too many facets. She wins.

Shoes
You guys fail. Remember the opening quote from Shatterpoint?

Ms.Marvel
no.

dun care though. shut up.

truejedi
why don't you just type it in?

Shoes
In my dreams, I always do it right.
In my dreams, I'm on the arena balcony. Geonosis. Orange glare slices shadow from my eyes. Below on the sand: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padme Amidala. On the rough-shaped stone within reach of my arm: Nute Gunray. Within reach of my blade: Jango Fett.
And Master Dooku.
No. Master no more. Count Dooku.
I may never get used to calling him that. Even in dreams.
Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death.

truejedi
so he is the deadliest man in the galaxy. Sure. Deadliest non force user perhaps. If we take this quote literally,he is more dangerous than Sidious. He is no match for a Jedi Master/Sith Assassin.

Ms.Marvel
aside from the ridiculously obvious fact that that is completely from mace's point of view and thus doesnt mean much no expression

Shoes
See, what you two missed is this line:

Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it.

Now this is Windu. Windu.

Ms.Marvel
a fallible character who is known for being ridiculously humble and overestimating of everyone?

he said the same shit about deppa, yoda, verbally fellated palpatine, etc. thats just what he does.

and mace has never even seen jango fight. how does he know what he can do? i guess he also doesnt know that jango armed with a ship wasnt even able to take down AotC kenobi in a land and space battle.

Shoes
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
a fallible character who is known for being ridiculously humble and overestimating of everyone?

he said the same shit about deppa, yoda, verbally fellated palpatine, etc. thats just what he does.

Mace =/= Mara.

Irrelevant.

That right there was part PIS, part uber-soresu.

truejedi
Obviously Mace was wrong. Considering he killed Jango instead.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by truejedi
Obviously Mace was wrong. Considering he killed Jango instead.

... yeah pretty much.

shit i dont even know why i didnt just bring this up. +1 for you.

this is stupid though. movies > random eu novel.

truejedi
Originally posted by Shoes

That right there was part PIS, part uber-soresu.

It was not even REMOTELY PIS. Not REMOTELY. I'd love you to try to prove otherwise.

ares834
See, what you two missed is this line:

Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it.

Now this is Windu. Windu.
Yeah, and Jango tires and fails. And he tries again and he gets his head chopped off... SO you're right Jango could have killed Mace in a second. no expression

KingD19
Boba woulda done much better than his daddy.

Shoes
It was not even REMOTELY PIS. Not REMOTELY. I'd love you to try to prove otherwise.

Based on the statement above, it is.

Right. I suppose Obi-Wan > Maul too, right?

I don't have Shatterpoint on me right now, but if you would so kindly read the opening page or two, you would see how that can be constructed as PIS.

Q99
Maybe Mace meant "If I let my guard down he could kill me in less than a second."

But... well, we saw what happened.

Ms.Marvel
shoes is just trolling laughing out loud

at least i hope so, for the sake of his credibility. no expression

ares834
Based on the statement above, it is.
THen the statment is wrong. Movie>IU statements.

Not even similar and you know it. After all Maul did defeat Obi-Wan and we have OU sources confirming him to be the better dueler such as the script.

... Its not PIS. There is no proof other than a IU quote supporting this theory, while all the rest of the evidence shows Mace Windu to be able to defeat Jango including his battle with him.

truejedi
So using a SINGLE PHRASE from inside Mace Windu's head in a novel, you are trying to turn multiple MOVIE fights into PIS????

Shoes, have you lost your mind? Cause you are swiftly losing your credibility.

Red Nemesis
lol nerdrage

Shoes
So using a SINGLE PHRASE from inside Mace Windu's head in a novel, you are trying to turn multiple MOVIE fights into PIS????

Shoes, have you lost your mind? Cause you are swiftly losing your credibility.

I have credibility?
shifty

Ms.Marvel
shoes reminds me of //s\\

wait... mmm

Shoes
What does //S\\ do?

Ms.Marvel
what you do! 313

Shoes
What do I do?

Ms.Marvel
you do whatchu wanna do boy! *snaps fingers*

Shoes
/offtopic

See, what ares and TJ fail to understand, is that novels = canon and that Mace =/= Mara.

LOLSHIT. Ares... there are so many things wrong with what you just said there, I'm not even going to waste my time on someone with reading comprehension skills of your caliber, because it's evident that you understand the novel better than the author. Better than GL. Here is where your argument fell apart:

Explain to me how the above statement is, as you put it, wrong. Futhermore, explain to me what you think PIS is.

In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death.

Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death.

Both of these statement confirm Jango's ferocity. Both of these statements are completely valid. Both of these statements directly contradict your argument. You are not GL. You cannot bend the SW universe to your liking. Perhaps you should prove Mara's superiority. These are Windu's thoughts. Allow me to reiterate:

Mace > Mara.

The man was good, Mace had to admit. Very good, and more than once the
Jedi had to parry desperately to turn a bolt aside.

ares834
See, what ares and TJ fail to understand, is that novels = canon and that Mace =/= Mara.
Lol what you fail to understand is Movies>IU Quotes.

My what an argument... I guess I am losing because you aren't even going to bother arguing against my points... Wait a second.

His dream is ****ed up. In the movie he doesn't even hold his Saber to Dooku's throat.

Perhaps if he is unarmed. As it is we see the outcome in the movies and saying that a single quote, let alone an IU one, holds precedence over the movies is a direct contradiction of how SW continuity works.

How do they contradict my argument? Yes Jango could kill Mace Windu in less than a second if Mace cut down Dooku as this quote is heavily implying.

No one said differently. But I may as well ask you to prove it.

K. Cool. He had to "parry desperately" still Jango was killed by Mace Windu. Mara Jade held her own against Darth Caedus. She has got this.

mattatom
Oh and remember the only reason Mara lost? Caedus had three hands.

Shoes
Originally posted by ares834
Lol what you fail to understand is Movies>IU Quotes.

Mara < Mace.

And Mace acknowledges that Jango is very skilled. If someone of Mace's caliber needs to parry desperately to turn bolts aside, can you imagine the challenge Mara will face? Without Mace's unparalelled bladework? Without Obi-Wan's Soresu domination?

-None of your points make sense
-None of your points have any canon to back them up
-You disregard canon should it oppose you

This is his dream; how he would have done it if he could do it agian. Read, then interpret.

No. Everything above is completely false. We see that Mace has neither the confidence nor speed to cut down Dooku and deflect his shot. We also see that Jango is exceptionally fast, even fast for a master of Vaapad.

See below.

To start with, Caedus is not the most powerful sith lord of all time, and Mara did not win. This means absolutely nothing. The man who defeated Sidious holds Jango in high esteem, and more than once he had touble with Jango. Yes, the end result was that Jango was killed, but this doesn't mean that he is incompetent. This does not mean he can't kill Mara, a fraction of Windu.

If you continue to disregard canon, there is no arguing with you. What has Mara done that is so impressive?

SIDIOUS 66
What has Jango done that puts him above Mara?

Wow, Mace talked about how much of a threat Jango was, but then later kills him in seconds. The action spoke louder than Mace's words.

truejedi
Originally posted by mattatom
Oh and remember the only reason Mara lost? Caedus had three hands.

This is canon fact.

Mara then, is > than the two-handed version of Caedus. Undeniably so.

Actually,it is simply canon fact that Caedus has three hands.

Lord Lucien
I wanna read that line with the three hands. Anyone have a copy handy?

ares834
Mara < Mace.

With her bladework that bested Caedus, I can see her easily defeating Jango.

Oh but they do. Maul was confirmed to have bested Obi-Wan which was my point.

I disregard an IU quote that contradicts the movie... As we all should. Otherwise Revan is really the heart of the force, Jedi of TOR are like children compared to the old masters, Anakin is more powerful than Mace or Yoda... etc.

I don't have the book with me... How am I supposed to know he is dreaming it diffrently at this point in time.

Lol no. Movie> IU quote. THIS IS TRUE!

I agree with this. However, had he chosen not to kill Dooku then yes he could have blocked the shots.

I never said Caedus was the most powerful sith of all time. But I would argue that he is the second most powerful. And Mara beat him in the saber portion of the duel he had to resort to three hands and a force trick to defeat her.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

He beat an unpracticed Sidious in a saber duel... Very impressive but defating Caedus in a saber duel is even more impressive.
Honestly, Mace seems to hold every one in high regard. He calls Anakin the mot powerful Jedi and says Kenobi is THE master of the lightsaber.

Which while impressive does not guaranteehim a win against Mara Jade.

A fraction... I'll agree that Mace is more powerful but Mara is pretty dang powerful she at rivals him.

Beat Caedus in a saber duel...

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I wanna read that line with the three hands. Anyone have a copy handy?
"Lightsaber wounds hurt a lot more than he ever imagined. Jacen screamed. He summoned his own weapon back to his hand (1) and Mara crashed into him, knocking him flat again and pinning him down. Her vibroblade stopped a hand span from his throat as he managed to grab her hair (2) and drag her face nearer and nearer to his lightsaber. She struggled to pull back, hacking at him with the shoto but blocked by his dwindling Force power each time.

Her vibroblade grazed his neck. He fumbled in his belt for a dart. (3)"

Lord Lucien
Ha!

Jinsoku Takai
"Lightsaber wounds hurt a lot more than he ever imagined. Jacen screamed. He summoned his own weapon back to his hand (1) and Mara crashed into him, knocking him flat again and pinning him down. Her vibroblade stopped a hand span from his throat as he managed to grab her hair (2) and drag her face nearer and nearer to his lightsaber. She struggled to pull back, hacking at him with the shoto but blocked by his dwindling Force power each time.

Her vibroblade grazed his neck. He fumbled in his belt for a dart. (3)" Lol... Really Ares? Not 3 hands... fish

mattatom
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Lol... Really Ares? Not 3 hands... fish Yes...

1) Holding his saber
2) Grasping her hair
3) Reaching for the dart

Jinsoku Takai
Yes...

1) Holding his saber
2) Grasping her hair
3) Reaching for the dart

This is a joke, right? Admittedly, I'm not that great at detecting sarcasm. with that being said, if you and Ares are serious, I urge you to re-read and interpret with a logical mindset.

mattatom
This is a joke, right? Admittedly, I'm not that great at detecting sarcasm. with that being said, if you and Ares are serious, I urge you to re-read and interpret with a logical mindset. No sarcasm, I just don't seem to understand if he doesn't have three hands...how does that fight work? Unless he's reaching for the dart with the Force... (Never read the book).

truejedi
One hand is holding the lightsaber that is keeping her from killing him with the vibroblade.

One hand is holding the hair, (because AFTER it says he reaches for a dart, it says: "She jerked back with a massive effort, leaving him clutching a handful of red hair."

One hand reaches for the dart.

Clearly 3 hands. Anyone arguing otherwise isn't reading with any amount of comprehension.

Hewhoknowsall
As mattatom said, he could've been reaching for the dart with the Force.

Or did it specify that he was using his hands?

truejedi
it said he fumbled with a dart in his belt.

Does fumbling with a dart sound like force use?

The word fumble brings about the visual image of fingers.

Darth Truculent
In the duel with Caedus, Mara was Jason Bourne and if Caedus didn't resort to his dart or Force trick, Mara would have killed him. She was his superior in lightsaber and hand-to-hand.

Jango would be unfamilar with a savage fighter like Mara. Someone who got to knife-fighting range on a Sith and nearly defeated him would confuse Jango. She wouldn't fight like a Jedi and that's the X factor. We have to remember that she kicked Nom Anor's ass - a YV. That is something I'm pretty sure Jango couldn't do.

Jinsoku Takai
One hand is holding the lightsaber that is keeping her from killing him with the vibroblade.

One hand is holding the hair, (because AFTER it says he reaches for a dart, it says: "She jerked back with a massive effort, leaving him clutching a handful of red hair."

One hand reaches for the dart.

Clearly 3 hands. Anyone arguing otherwise isn't reading with any amount of comprehension.

doh

Bad writing... absentmindedness... not three hands... lmfao!

Lord Lucien
Do you honestly believe that WE believe that Caedus literally sprouted a third hand?

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Do you honestly believe that WE believe that Caedus literally sprouted a third hand? This
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
As mattatom said, he could've been reaching for the dart with the Force.

Or did it specify that he was using his hands? It doesn't specifically.
Oh and Welcome Back smile
it said he fumbled with a dart in his belt.

Does fumbling with a dart sound like force use?

The word fumble brings about the visual image of fingers. True that was my thought, but then I can't remember where I read it but it's alot harder to manipulate somethign small with the Force, so trying to get a dart out while fighting Mara and almost dead, poor choice of words for the writer?

Nephthys
Couldn't he have just clipped his lightsaber back on his belt and then fumble with that same belt? Or do it while holding his saber?

Ms.Marvel
when does he have the time to clip anything onto his built

Nephthys
After he grabbed her hair. Dar!

truejedi
no, she would have killed him with the vibroblade that he was blocking. She is also holding a shoto that he is constantly blocking with the force.

truejedi
doh

Bad writing.

This. I hate traviss so good.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
After he grabbed her hair. Dar!
But he is trying to pull her head into his lightsaber.

truejedi
The lightsaber was blocking the vibroblade until after Mara pulls back and draws the vibroblade up, this is AFTER he fumbled for the dart.

I'm not inclined to believe he used the force for the dart, simply because it doesn't mention so. Also, it refers to his force power as "weakening," Because the force was the only thing blocking Mara's attacks with the shoto.

Nephthys
DO NOT QUESTION MY LOGIC!!!!!

http://www.roomwithamoose.com/pictures/official/zim_scream_optimized.jpg

Shoes
With her bladework that bested Caedus, I can see her easily defeating Jango.

Jango nearly killed Windu. Windu, who defeated Sidious.

The problem with this is: It doesn't. The novel says that Mace holds Jango in high esteem. The novel says that Jango nearly killed Mace.

The novel also says that Mace killed Jango.
The movie says Mace killed Jango.

I don't see any contradiction. We can't see into Mace's mind in the film; we can in the novel.

Then don't argue the point.

Which he didn't...

This is all irrelevant. See above.

LOLSHIT

Where?

You wonder why Jango couldn't kill him?

Mara lost to Caedus, which while impressive, does not guarantee her a win against Jango Fett. See how easy it is to disregard things?

Really?

No

1 - Didn't happen
2 - Irrelevant. Sidious > Caedus.

Lord Lucien
Yeah I don't see Mace and Mara on equal "power" terms.

truejedi
Shoes: You are basing your entire argument on Windu, not Fett. The problem is, the thread is Janga versus Mara, not Mara vs. Windu.

Please prove your assertation that Jango "almost" beat Mace?

Then please give your incorrect definiton of "almost".

Ms.Marvel
Jango nearly killed Windu. Windu, who defeated Sidious.

no he didnt. besides, the movies themselves override what the adaptation states.

Shoes
Prove that Jango didn't nearly kill Windu by watching the film.

On the other hand:

desperately

Ms.Marvel

why?

doesnt mean that he nearly killed him.

Shoes
Yes it does.

Ms.Marvel
saw that edit biatch.

nope!

Lord Lucien
I'd say the inclusion of the word "desperately" makes it clear that Jango almost got the better of Windu. Windu still > Jango, but damn, he had a few close calls.

truejedi

On the other hand:

desperately

I don't have to prove anything. You made the statement. Burden of proof is yours. The word desperate doesn't prove your statement. You need a quote saying that Mace almost lost to Jango, since THAT is your assertation.

Shoes
Thus Jango is roughly 9/10 of Windu

How strong is Mara?

Ms.Marvel
"desperately parrying" does not necessarily translate into "mace nearly died".

that aside. AotC obi-wan was able to close the distance while deflecting two lines of fire from jango's two blasters. mace struggling with jango's one is fan service.

Ms.Marvel

How strong is Mara?

youre such a tool laughing out loud

edit- mara is 11/10ths of mace.

Shoes
If Mace did not desperately parry, he would have died.

Mace almost died.

Regarding Obi-Wan, is Mara the Soresu god?

Ms.Marvel
youre ignoring the most important factor. would yoda rather bee or a wasp? because as far as i can tell, obi-wan was not the soresu god as of AotC. in fact he wasnt even a soresu master as of AotC.

and furthermore. prove that mara isnt the soresu god.

Shoes
Prove Mara is.
Yoda would rather... as you put it, wasp.
Obi-Wan was highly proficient, to say the least.

Ms.Marvel
prove that she isnt.
yoda cant see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.
so is mara, to say the least.

Shoes
I can't understand what you wrote there.

But what I do understand is that if Obi-Wan was able to block Jango's attacks with relative ease, whereas Mace nearly died to him, that would make Obi-Wan a very skilled Soresu user at AOTC.

Ms.Marvel
shoes made an appeal to me for mercy, and i accept.

someone else can argue for me.

BruceSkywalker

How strong is Mara?

How is Jango 9/10 of Mace when Mace clearly had no problem with him.. You did watch Attack of the Clones did you not???

Shoes
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
How is Jango 9/10 of Mace when Mace clearly had no problem with him.. You did watch Attack of the Clones did you not???

-AOTC

Nephthys
Your argument is dumb.

Shoes
You're dumb. Mara's argument is that she lost to Caedus.

Nephthys
Dumb like a moose, Shoes, DUMB LIKE A MOOSE!!!1!

And Mara is a Jedi Master, which pretty much automatically puts her above someone like Jango. The fight basically goes like this: Jango lifts his arm to shoot his blaster, but Mara, having vastly superior reflexes and speed force lightnings him to death before he can sqeeze off a single shot.

/thread.

edit: YEah, ares is right. ABC logic is retarded.

ares834
Mace lost to Sidious just as Mara lost to Caedus. In fact, its a proven fact that Sidious held back against Mace Windu. And yet you keep saying that Jango can win because he held his own against Mace who in turn held his own against Sidious... Mara however actually had Caedus at his mercy and if it wasn't for Caedus's force trick she would have killed him.

Shoes
Nothing you said there made any sense. You and your pathetic atempt at an argument can both gb2/b/.

Nephthys
Which one of us?

And am I right in thinking your abreviation stands for 'go back 2 basics'.

Ms.Marvel
jango fett= clone troopers.

padawans > clone troopers

therefore padawans < jango fett =D

Shoes
Mace lost to Sidious

What?

Find me the quote for that.

Find me the quote for that.

As was Mace. And he was almost killed.

ares834
What?
He died.

DVD Commentary: "he pretends to lose his power and be weak"

"and the only thing that crossed his mind as she arched her back and held her arms high to bring both shoto and vibroblade down into his chest was that she would never, ever harm Ben.

Jacen stared into her eyes and instantly created the illusion of Ben's face beneath her. She blinked.

It gave him the edge for that fraction of a moment. It was long enough to ram the poison dart into her leg with its protective plastoid cone still in place."

Don't forget Coleman Trebor... Lol.

Shoes
He died.

He won the lightsaber duel.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur
of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear.
Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: he
angled the battle to bring them both out onto the window ledge.
Out in the wind. Out with the lightning. Out on a rain-slicked ledge
above a half-kilometer drop.
Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's
fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the
slippery permacrete.
Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the
shadow's lightsaber in half.
One piece flipped back in through the cut-open window. The other
tumbled from opening fingers, bounced on the ledge, and fell through the
rain toward the distant alleys below.
Now the shadow was only Palpatine: old and shrunken, thinning hair
bleached white by time and care, face lined with exhaustion.

Mace > Mara.

I have them on VHS. Wow. Which part is he referring to; the saber fight or the force battle?

Nephthys
I'm fairly sure that this was from Mace's point of view, so this might just be what he thinks happened.

ares834
Yeah Mace won the saber duel in the commentary GL states that Mace "overpowered" him, or something to that effect. My quote was to the force portion.

Shoes
@Nph

DOHOHOHO.

no

@ares

Mace > Mara

Nephthys
DO NOT MOCK ME, YOU SMELLY LITTLE PIGS PIZZLE!

Also, proof? Also, I only said maybe, so your mockery is misplaced.

truejedi
You are still yet to prove Mace almost lost to Jango. Your entire argument hinges on it.

Shoes
DO NOT MOCK ME, YOU SMELLY LITTLE PIGS PIZZLE!

Also, proof? Also, I only said maybe, so your mockery is misplaced.

Prove there was mockery. Prove it wasn't from a omnicient perspective.

You are still yet to prove Mace almost lost to Jango. Your entire argument hinges on it.

Jesus Christ. How would you define desperately? My argument hinges on that one word. Refuse to accept it, fine. Two can play that game. I can just say that Mace is so ridiculously far beyond Mara, that Jango giving Mace even the slightest amount of trouble means that Fett could disable Mara before she activates her lightsaber. The best part of this, is that Mara has no feats or accolades to her name that even come close to rivaling Windu, and by extension, rivaling Palpatine.

Furthermore, you disregard Mace's evaluation of Jango entirely. It's not as if the author didn't include it for a reason. It's not as if it contradicts the films in any way. AOTC doesn't tell us that Mace thinks Jango is weak. AOTC doesn't tell us if Jango is capable of killing Windu. The novel however, does.

BruceSkywalker

-AOTC

..and yet Mace slices Jango's head clean off so you really stop denying that fact

Shoes
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
..and yet Mace slices Jango's head clean off so you really stop denying that fact

This must be done in bold. Don't ever speak to me, ever again. You good sir, are on ignore.

1 - Jango's jetpack failed to activate
2 - I never claimed Jango killed Mace, simply nearly killed him

To reiterate:

Jango = Mace * 0.90

Mace = Mara * 9.99^99999

Can anyone with a calculus background help me out here? I want the Jango to Mara ratio.

Ms.Marvel
thats dumb like you. dont ever post again or else ill hit you with my shoe. because thats how dumb your post is. with a shoe.

truejedi
You just made up arbitrary factors... Your ratio would be fail.

Shoes
Yeah... Mara fails against Jango.

Ms.Marvel
wrong!

truejedi
No, not so much.

Shoes
Whose side are you on?

truejedi
hers. Sorry. Jedi Twilight: Coruscant Nights I
Pg. 314

"No ordinary humanoid could contend with a Jedi one-on-one and expect to win. Even a true teras kasi adept, harnessing his own inner energy and drawing on decades of honed skill, could hope, at best, for a draw."

mattatom
As was Mace. And he was almost killed.

Just bring this back... How the hell was he almost killed? If you mention the desperately parried quote again you really are an ass. Mace isn't a Stormtrooper or a ANH style Rebel, he won't die after a single blaster shot that hits a non vital area. Oh and is there any prrof that the bolt would have killed him if he'd missed? Not like jedi know how to absorb blaster bolts with the Force either. You know, that'd be completely silly.

truejedi
Read all the injuries that Kenobi takes in the new book with Ahsoka, and its hard to argue with Matt on that one.

Shoes
hers. Sorry. Jedi Twilight: Coruscant Nights I
Pg. 314

"No ordinary humanoid could contend with a Jedi one-on-one and expect to win. Even a true teras kasi adept, harnessing his own inner energy and drawing on decades of honed skill, could hope, at best, for a draw."

You labor under the delusion that Jango Fett is a normal humanoid.

Just bring this back... How the hell was he almost killed? If you mention the desperately parried quote again you really are an ass. Mace isn't a Stormtrooper or a ANH style Rebel, he won't die after a single blaster shot that hits a non vital area. Oh and is there any prrof that the bolt would have killed him if he'd missed? Not like jedi know how to absorb blaster bolts with the Force either. You know, that'd be completely silly.

Every word of that is total bullshit. To have Mace desperately parry isn't that impressive. But to have a man like him desperately parry multiple times suggests that Jango's shots were lethal. And give me a break. I doubt DT actually thought anyone would argue for Jango, and now you want me to prove that Mace desperately parrying implies Mace was in a life threatening situation, using what shreds of canon I have? **** that man.

truejedi
Okay. Let's do scenario, because you obviously want a SINGLE ADVERB to overrule everything else we know about them.

What keeps Mara from simply pulling Jango's blaster from his hand?

Shoes
You wanna know something? We don't know anything else about Jango. If you disregard Windu's evaluation of him (which I still don't understand, as it doesn't contradict the films in the slightest), everything rests on that adverb. Furthermore, how does this overrule anything? The only thing it does overrule is your philosophy that JEDILOL > Mandalorians.

If I may answer your question with one of my own, what keeps Jango from simply blowing Mara's brains out before she raises her hand?

mattatom
You wanna know something? We don't know anything else about Jango. If you disregard Windu's evaluation of him (which I still don't understand, as it doesn't contradict the films in the slightest), everything rests on that adverb. Furthermore, how does this overrule anything? The only thing it does overrule is your philosophy that JEDILOL > Mandalorians.

If I may answer your question with one of my own, what keeps Jango from simply blowing Mara's brains out before she raises her hand? Mara can move faster than Jango can.

Shoes
Mara can move faster than Jango can.

It takes Jango a milisecond to fire. That is with him turning to face his enemy.

Nephthys
Well first off we do know that Jango is a really proficient warrior. Dooku hired him becuase of how much he impressed him in the Battle of Galidraan, during which, using no weapon beyond his own hands, feet, and armored body, Fett vengefully killed six armed Jedi. That is a damn impressive feat, but I call pis on it.

And the answer to your question is that a) precognition makes him taking her by surprise almost impossible b) Jedi reflexes are much, much faster than Jango's given that they can bat blaster fire etc c) force speed makes her much, much faster too and d) shes a battle hardened Jedi master personally trained by Palpatine himself.

Bwahahahaha!

He won't even be able to lift his hand before she blasts him.

Shoes
Well first off we do know that Jango is a really proficient warrior. Dooku hired him becuase of how much he impressed him in the Battle of Galidraan, during which, using no weapon beyond his own hands, feet, and armored body, Fett vengefully killed six armed Jedi. That is a damn impressive feat, but I call pis on it.

And the answer to your question is that a) precognition makes him taking her by surprise almost impossible b) Jedi reflexes are much, much faster than Jango's given that they can bat blaster fire etc c) force speed makes her much, much faster too and d) shes a battle hardened Jedi master personally trained by Palpatine himself.

Bwahahahaha!

He won't even be able to lift his hand before she blasts him.

What you need to do is read Shatterpoint and AOTC.

Nephthys
And what you need to do is learn basic knowledge about Star Wars.

Shoes
Fett vengefully killed six armed Jedi. That is a damn impressive feat, but I call pis on it.

Wasn't even aware of that. Prove it's PIS.

Irrelevant; he is faster. If he wanted to take her by surprise, he would slit her throat as she slept.

Here. This is what is being disputed. This is what you you have difficulty with. Jango is not a regular human being.

Jango Fett nearly killed Mace Windu. Mace Windu had to parry desperately to bat back some blaster fire. Whether or not Mace could take a bolt to the chest is questionable, however, it's completely incontestable that Mace did in fact struggle to win. He was in fact in a life-threataning situation. Jedi reflexes are one thing, but when a man of Windu's stature is forced to fight for his life, saying that Jango is as fast and as skilled as Windu, is perfectly logical. Prove to me that JEDILOL > Mandalorians.

See above. Read Shatterpoint. Windu makes it explicitly evident that he is not fast enough to both slice through Dooku and deflect Jango's bolt. That's with Jango turning around, and friction coming into play.

I dare you to prove this. Jango has demonstrated speed that rivals a sphere of purple fire. Don't regurgitate JEDILOL. I want an actual feat that puts her on his level.

Hewhoknowsall
Couldn't Mara just use the Force to pull Jango towards her and slice his head off?

Anyhow, Jango Fett was pretty much tied with AOTC Obi Wan, who is probably at that point weaker than Mara, given that Mara was a Jedi Master and on the council.

Shoes
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Couldn't Mara just use the Force to pull Jango towards her and slice his head off?

Anyhow, Jango Fett was pretty much tied with AOTC Obi Wan, who is probably at that point weaker than Mara, given that Mara was a Jedi Master and on the council.

This is what people don't understand. By the time Mara lifts her hand, she will be dead.

Again, Obi-Wan is the Soresu god. Jesus can't get through his defense.

SIDIOUS 66
Absolutely not because Jango > every jedi except for Luke, Yoda, and Windu.

truejedi
Kenobi wasn't the soresu God in AOTC. He is given that title in ROTS.

He gets beaten in a saber battle in which he was using Ataru with Dooku.

Shoes
Kenobi wasn't the soresu God in AOTC. He is given that title in ROTS.

He gets beaten in a saber battle in which he was using Ataru with Dooku.

Doesn't matter. He was obviously skilled with it by AOTC, judging by the fight with Windu, and by ROTS he'd mastered it. Kenobi holding his own against Jango isn't a display of Jango's weakness, but a show of Kenobi's strength. Clearly, his Ataru wasn't enough to take a master of Makashi; and at that point, neither was his Soresu, mainly because he wasn't proficient enough to transform a form designed for redirecting blasters into a practical offensive against a form specifically designed for dueling.

truejedi
What fight with Windu? Kenobi didn't fight with Windu in AOTC.

Shoes

Jango nearly killed Windu. Jango ran from Obi-Wan.

I wonder in which case is Kenobi > Windu.

Oh right, deflecting blaster bolts.

truejedi
oh I see, you are saying that Jango almost losing to kenobi is because because he is such a good swordman, and we know He is such a good swordsman because Jango also lost to Windu?

Shoes
Close.

Jango lost to Kenobi.
Jango lost to Windu.

Only against Windu did he pose a threat.

Kenobi > Windu against blaster bolts.

truejedi
Seemed like he posed quite a threat to Kenobi. Kenobi was, you know, falling to his death and all.

Course, that was Boba and Jango and the Slave 1 vs. Kenobi...

Shoes
Either way we still get this:

Jango lost to Windu
Jango lost to Kenobi

Jango posed a threat to both of them. Jango only ran from Kenobi.

Kenobi > Windu against blaster bolts and Slave Is.

truejedi
Jango's swift decapitation by Windu is a better showing than Kenobi's fall from the roof.

Shoes
Jango lost.

With a ship.

Nephthys
Indeed. I can clearly see now why he owns this match then. no expression

Shoes
Kenobi is irrelevant.

Mace > Mara

Ms.Marvel
shoes youre sooooooo dumb!

mara > everyone. prove thats not true

SIDIOUS 66
Mace > Mara is also irrelevent.

Shoes
shoes youre sooooooo dumb!

mara > everyone. prove thats not true

Everyone > Mara. Not this again.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Mace > Mara is also irrelevent.

Kenobi wasn't part of my original point, whereas Windu's undisputable superiority has been the cornerstone of my argument. Jango came close to killing both of them. Kenobi won because of Soresu proficiency, which has been explained twice now. Mace won because he found Jango's shatterpoint lol..

On an unrelated note, how do you get your avatar so big? I can't upload anything over 64x pixels, but yours is over 100x. Thanks will be distributed accordingly.

Ms.Marvel
Everyone > Mara. Not this again.

no. shut up.

prove it

Shoes
I think we can agree that Windu > Kenobi.

I think we can agree that Jango nearly killed both of them.

I think we can agree that makes both of them relatively equal.

But that can't be! We just said that Windu > Kenobi!

Somewhere along this road, Kenobi seems to have gained some sort of skill beyond Windu. Is it saber to saber combat? No. Is it saber to blaster combat? Yes. I wonder which form is specifically desgined for that...

Ms.Marvel
I think we can agree that Windu > Kenobi.

I think we can agree that Jango nearly killed both of them.

considering that it only takes one blaster bolt to kill someone, every time a jedi deflects a blaster bolt and fights a gun wielder, they are nearly killed in the process, because theres no room for error.

not good enough noob

truejedi
Shoes, Kenobi did worse against Jango than Mace did. So if there was an edge, it was gained by Mace.

Shoes
considering that it only takes one blaster bolt to kill someone, every time a jedi deflects a blaster bolt and fights a gun wielder, they are nearly killed in the process, because theres no room for error.

not good enough noob

I guess you can apply that to a lightsaber too, eh? Fitso almost killed Sidious. Ventress almost killed Kenobi.

EDIT:

Shoes, Kenobi did worse against Jango than Mace did. So if there was an edge, it was gained by Mace.

They fared equally. Jango lost to both of them. If his ship wasn't available, he would have died.

Thing is, Mace is supposed to be better than Obi-Wan. See what I'm driving at here?

truejedi
They did not do equally well. Bullcrap. Besides, he wouldn't have died. Kenobi was ordered to capture Jango.

The fights had two entirely different conotations.

Shoes
They did not do equally well. Bullcrap. Besides, he wouldn't have died. Kenobi was ordered to capture Jango.

The fights had two entirely different conotations.

You know what? I finally agree with you on something. They didn't.

Obi-Wan did much better. He stood his ground against Jango and a ship.

Gideon
Shoes, WTF.

Nephthys
I am unaware of the true circumstances but I recall that it was a fight in which he took them completely unaware, in the middle of the freezing snow after tehy had just fought a brutal battle. These were featless padawans btw.

no expression

You think hes faster becuase he can squeeze a trigger fast enough to give Mace Windu pause while he bats the bolts of plasma away with a glorified stick. No.

Read these: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_speed 'It was a common ability among members of the New Jedi Order, with many employing the technique including Mara Jade...' Mara has superspeed. Jango does not.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Sense http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition Mara knows what Jango is going to do before he even does it. Jango does not.

In other words Mara is faster than Jango, can block his shots and then Force Lightning him to death with ease.

There s nothing remotely above human about him.

I have done so already. Mace Windu ****ing up and acting like an idiot while his friends die around him and after he just made the biggest mistake of his life does not make Jango uber. Furthermore, as others have told you its simply Mace's (extremely humble) opinion that he was acting desperately, he could just be remembering it wrong, particulately as he is angsting over teh whole thing and is depressed and angry with himself. And the guy was pulling a freaking trigger. Speed doesn't even come into it.

And if he did actually struggle with him then its just PIS, Mace having an off day etc

Wow. Damn him for not being able to be in two places at once. Damn him. no expression

Her fight with Caedus. Her fight with Lumiya. Jedi master level speed, reflexes and force-rape make her win.

Shoes
Originally posted by Gideon
Shoes, WTF.

He brought up Kenobi. After reading through the past 8 pages, are you saying that Mara can possibly win this?

I am unaware of the true circumstances but I recall that it was a fight in which he took them completely unaware, in the middle of the freezing snow after tehy had just fought a brutal battle. These were featless padawans btw.

no expression

You think hes faster becuase he can squeeze a trigger fast enough to give Mace Windu pause while he bats the bolts of plasma away with a glorified stick. No.

Read these: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_speed 'It was a common ability among members of the New Jedi Order, with many employing the technique including Mara Jade...' Mara has superspeed. Jango does not.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Sense http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition Mara knows what Jango is going to do before he even does it. Jango does not.

In other words Mara is faster than Jango, can block his shots and then Force Lightning him to death with ease.

There s nothing remotely above human about him.

I have done so already. Mace Windu ****ing up and acting like an idiot while his friends die around him and after he just made the biggest mistake of his life does not make Jango uber. Furthermore, as others have told you its simply Mace's (extremely humble) opinion that he was acting desperately, he could just be remembering it wrong, particulately as he is angsting over teh whole thing and is depressed and angry with himself. And the guy was pulling a freaking trigger. Speed doesn't even come into it.

And if he did actually struggle with him then its just PIS, Mace having an off day etc

Wow. Damn him for not being able to be in two places at once. Damn him. no expression

Her fight with Caedus. Her fight with Lumiya. Jedi master level speed, reflexes and force-rape make her win.

I could give you a long and detailed explaination why you are wrong beyond wrong, but I am tired.

I will leave with this:

Mace was nearly killed by Jango.
Mace acknowledges Jango is as fast as him, or at least near him.
Mace > Mara.

Have a good night.

Gideon
Shoes
Are you saying that Mara can possibly win this?

Absolutely.

Jango a highly skilled bounty hunter and combatant, but Mara Jade is an equally trained assassin and fighter, equipped with ridiculous training at the hands of Palpatine and proficiency in the Force.

There are situations in which Jango could win, but he hasn't displayed anything that suggests he could contend with Mara in a straight up engagement.

truejedi
Gideon, i fear you are wasting your breath. And soon you will see why i won't do Sidious/Luke with the noble Shoes.

Nephthys
ABC logic does not work for this precise reason. And Mace acknowledges no such thing.

Gideon
TJ
Gideon, i fear you are wasting your breath.

I will break youhim!

Shoes
ABC logic does not work for this precise reason. And Mace acknowledges no such thing.

I think I've missed something. Why doesn't ABC work again? It's already been established that Jango = 90% of Windu.

Back to page 2 you go, where we discussed the finer things of Shatterpoint (IU statements, Jango's speed, etc).

Originally posted by Gideon
Absolutely.

Jango a highly skilled bounty hunter and combatant, but Mara Jade is an equally trained assassin and fighter, equipped with ridiculous training at the hands of Palpatine and proficiency in the Force.

There are situations in which Jango could win, but he hasn't displayed anything that suggests he could contend with Mara in a straight up engagement.

He nearly killed Mace.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>