silver surfer (with out his board) vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
who wins

surfer is not blood lusted but superman is

dmills
SS doesn't need his board to fly. And why is Supes blood lusted but Surfer isn't? Any way Norrin bfr's him.

chomperx9
Originally posted by dmills
SS doesn't need his board to fly. And why is Supes blood lusted but Surfer isn't? Any way Norrin bfr's him. then why does the board exist if he doesnt need the board to fly ?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by chomperx9
then why does the board exist if he doesnt need the board to fly ?

because is totally RAD!!

Digi
then why does the board exist if he doesnt need the board to fly ?

Because comics. That's why.

Mindship
then why does the board exist if he doesnt need the board to fly ? The "conventional wisdom" is that with the board, he doesn't need to use up his own power. But I find this bogus, considering how much power he uses up doing everything else: flying should be among the easiest things for him to do. Plus, in comics, 99/100 times the Surfer tumbles from the sky when knocked off it.

Anyway, I see a bloodlusted Superman taking this.

chomperx9
ive never seen surfer fly without his board. ive seen him use his powers without the board but not fly

Mindship
He's done it on very, very rare occasion. The first time, he turned himself into a ball of energy to do it.

Mindset
then why does the board exist if he doesnt need the board to fly ? Because he wouldn't be the Silver Surfer without it.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
Because he wouldn't be the Silver Surfer without it. whats wrong with the silver flyer ?

Nihilist
Is Chomp for real?

lionking
surfer flying

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer219.jpg/

chomperx9
Originally posted by Nihilist
Is Chomp for real? no im a robot

Naija boy
Surfer still wins

StyleTime
Because he wouldn't be the Silver Surfer without it.

He'd be The Silver Pedestrian.

OH! Tag team joke!

*high five*

chomperx9
the silver weapon thats better

Mshinu
Norrin puts the mad boyscout down.

janus77
surfer wins it regardless. the board is something he can recreate instantly, if he requires it. he doesn't need it for flight, for motion or for power.

surfer can simply bfr superman into a wormhole or to some other dimension, for the easy, clean and non-violent win.

guy222
norrin

StyleTime
So you all believe The Silver Pedestrian walks right over him?

chomperx9
i think he has more abilities with the board than without it. like thor cant do certain things without mjolnir but he is still 100 strength level without it

xJLxKing
Stomp. Superman

JakeTheBank
lol it's funny how stacked this seems in favor of Supes, yet Surfer can still win.

Scuzz2.0
i think he has more abilities with the board than without it. like thor cant do certain things without mjolnir but he is still 100 strength level without it

the board doesnt give him any powers. except maybe makes it easier for him to fly. its an extention of himself that he can recreate at will.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by lionking
surfer flying

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer219.jpg/ looks like he's pushing into a big a-hole

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
looks like he's pushing into a big a-hole http://arttattler.com/images/Europe/Belgium/Ghent/SMAK/McCarthy/Butt-Plug--multiple.jpg

?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blanket
http://arttattler.com/images/Europe/Belgium/Ghent/SMAK/McCarthy/Butt-Plug--multiple.jpg

? That was Galactus' 1st herald when he was really lonely.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol it's funny how stacked this seems in favor of Supes, yet Surfer can still win.My thought's exactly.

Slaanesh
Surfer win

tkitna
lol it's funny how stacked this seems in favor of Supes, yet Surfer can still win.

Same here. Supes should win this, but theres a chance he cant. Give Surfer his board and blood lust and the outcome shouldnt be in question.

Black bolt z
Surfer doesn't need his board to fly but he also kind of does.In the warlock/surfer ressuerection pip steals his board and surfer is just sitting there for pip to bring him to adam.But surfer also can't really move without it.
I suppose he could propell himself with cosmic energy and thats what it looked like he was doing when he was "flying".
Surfer cannot recreate his board but he can make it into pure cosmic energy and move it whcih is what he did to escape his earth imprisonment.
As for fight with bloodlusted supes and surfer with no board supes takes it easy.

chomperx9
he has the board for a reason. must give him some sort of extra strengh level and speed. i doubt surfer can fly light speed without it.

Bouboumaster
Scans are from galactusishere

Most importantly, check out the third scan.

http://img594.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer214.jpg/
http://img443.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer215.jpg/
http://img88.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer217.jpg/
http://img521.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer218.jpg/

Surfer still kick Sups ass.

Doctor-Alvis
He has it because back in the 60's Jack Kirby was like "Dude, ever see someone flyin' on a surfboard? No? Watch this ****."

I think he flies faster with it. Like warp speeds faster. And he can trap people in it. That's about it as far as I can tell. In theory it could be anything because he's remade the board himself. If he wanted to he could make it a silver Huffy.

redhotrash
So true, Surfer is such a product of his time period. Almost picture him in a surfer's pose with beach music playing in the background. Thors hammer knocks him off and you get "Do-do-do, Whipeout!"

Also, why are blackholes such jobbers in comics?

psycho gundam
surfer flying

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer219.jpg/ he could do this ^ to superman

Lord_Talron
surfer.

Mindship
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
He has it because back in the 60's Jack Kirby was like "Dude, ever see someone flyin' on a surfboard? No? Watch this ****."
Supposedly, Kirby came up with the surfboard because he was "tired of drawing spaceships." The Surfer himself was simplistic: no toes, fingernails, no hair nor ears, not even a costume. Heck, all you needed was some blue coloring to simulate silver. I guess Jack was looking for a character that was quick and easy to draw, especially in contrast to the fancy-armored Galactus.

Parmaniac
he has the board for a reason. must give him some sort of extra strengh level and speed. i doubt surfer can fly light speed without it. I guess Superman can't fly without his cape either?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I guess Superman can't fly without his cape either? yeah clark has never flown in his suit before

rotiart
Surfers cosmic awareness tells him that certain radiation waves will weaken superman and do to superman what he did to gladiaor

superman is a solar battery... Surfer has shown he can drain hulk of all the gamma radiation in his body in moments...

Surfer in a stomp

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by rotiart
Surfers cosmic awareness tells him that certain radiation waves will weaken superman and do to superman what he did to gladiaor

superman is a solar battery... Surfer has shown he can drain hulk of all the gamma radiation in his body in moments...

Surfer in a stomp

Surfer also already drained solar energy from an alien girl, so...

xJLxKing
Who isn't....Superman

Mindship
It's been my impression that when Superman is enraged enough, he isn't so easily taken down by his weaknesses.

xJLxKing
He ain't. He recentlty survived an Kryptonite exposure but the same can't be said for the other Kryptonian who instead died.

Wild Shadow
sigh.. surf boardless surfer still wins..

he can fly without it but it takes him effort to do so.. he has bn shown to fly without it and bn surrounded by energy.

it is also simply a manifestation of himself.. its like giving a farmer the cosmic power and having a shovel appear in his hand with the ability to move dirt.. that is how the power manifest to such a person but it is inherent in him and can be changed and altered with conscious effort.

also the board can be remade by surfer like liquid metal from his own body..

all the board does is make flying 1st nature to SS..

anyways SS still beats superman but not b4 taking a quick blitz pounding..

Mindship
As the saying goes, It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. This is not just a comparison of power, it's a comparison in attitudes: Supes is out to kill; Surfer is probably monologuing.

BlackZero30x
who wins

surfer is not blood lusted but superman is

Superman because i saw the F4 movie......without his board he's powerless shifty

lol

but Seriously i say SS

janus77
Originally posted by Mindship
As the saying goes, It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. This is not just a comparison of power, it's a comparison in attitudes: Supes is out to kill; Surfer is probably monologuing.
current Surfer does seem to let his fists do some of the talking, even if he does so very reluctantly.

take the BRB "fight" for example, Surfer monologued but then decided that they weren't really communicating so...

if he's willing to put that kind of hurt on a friend and former ally, he has enough "fight" to take out scrappy-do here.

Mindship
Originally posted by janus77
current Surfer does seem to let his fists do some of the talking, even if he does so very reluctantly.

take the BRB "fight" for example, Surfer monologued but then decided that they weren't really communicating so...

if he's willing to put that kind of hurt on a friend and former ally, he has enough "fight" to take out scrappy-do here. Surfer made quick work of Bill after a board to the back of the head. He doesn't have that option here.

Naija boy

Even then Surfer still has way too many advantages to lose this. suppermans physical attacks can be nullified by forcefields and even with surfers limited mobility, surfer can still use drainage/red sun radiation to weaken him greatly or take him out completely. Then there is the fact that even in a straight shootout surfers blasts are more than sufficient to take out a full healthy superman let alone a heavily weakened one. Even without his board he is still superior offense and defense wise which gives him the win here.

Enyalus
Yeah. I'd give the win to bloodlusted Superman, but its still pretty close. I keep thinking back to the Silver Savage and scans already posted here against Red Shift without his board.

It's not a walkover, but Supes wins.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah. I'd give the win to bloodlusted Superman, but its still pretty close. I keep thinking back to the Silver Savage and scans already posted here against Red Shift without his board.

U have gone over to the darkside. sad

AsbestosFlaygon
The Surfer himself was simplistic: no toes, fingernails, no hair nor ears, not even a costume.
Nah man.

Surfer used to wear tight boxers.

xJLxKing

And remember it big grin

chomperx9
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Nah man.

Surfer used to wear tight boxers. you cant beat calvin klein

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
U have gone over to the darkside. sad
Nah. All things being equal, SS vs. Superman, I give SS the win at least 8/10.

Naija boy
Nah. All things being equal, SS vs. Superman, I give SS the win at least 8/10.

ah well. all hope isnt lost for u then. big grin

Mindship
Nah man.

Surfer used to wear tight boxers. Not all the time. huh Maybe they were retractable, like the board's fin.

Even then Surfer still has way too many advantages to lose this. suppermans physical attacks can be nullified by forcefields and even with surfers limited mobility, surfer can still use drainage/red sun radiation to weaken him greatly or take him out completely. Then there is the fact that even in a straight shootout surfers blasts are more than sufficient to take out a full healthy superman let alone a heavily weakened one. Even without his board he is still superior offense and defense wise which gives him the win here. I've always maintained that in terms of overall power and versatility, Surfer is indeed ahead. In regular mode and all else being equal, I think he can take Supes even w/o weakness exploitation: he's that powerful.

But w/o his board, I can see Superman more likely getting in with h2h speedblitzing, his rage empowering him long enough against weakness exploitation, and getting through Surfer's forcefields far more quickly than, say, nonbloodlusted Thor had.

I guess it depends on how big the power gap one sees between the two. Though I do see Soarin' Norrin as the stronger, I don't see the difference as insurmountable.

Naija boy

I've always maintained that in terms of overall power and versatility, Surfer is indeed ahead. In regular mode and all else being equal, I think he can take Supes even w/o weakness exploitation: he's that powerful.

But w/o his board, I can see Superman more likely getting in with h2h speedblitzing, his rage empowering him long enough against weakness exploitation, and getting through Surfer's forcefields far more quickly than, say, nonbloodlusted Thor had.

I guess it depends on how big the power gap one sees between the two. Though I do see Soarin' Norrin as the stronger, I don't see the difference as insurmountable.

Agreed on he first part

On the second part tho, the forcefields that surfer used against thor were certainly not some of his best and even then that was olden era surfer who was much weaker. his forcefields have stood up to the blows of an enraged bannerless hulk with know effect at all as well as alot of other dangerous forces. As for the rage thing, i honestly dont put much stock in that at all. IMO Its indeed a large stretch to say that supes rage would enable him overcome surfers forcefields, surfers depowering attacks as well as his regular attacks which can take him out of their own accord let alone when he is already weakened, and then KO him given surfers extreme durability unless surfer was deliberately trying not to put up a fight.

TheTyrant

Can you post the Red Shift scans?

Enyalus
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Can you post the Red Shift scans?
Already done in this thread:

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Scans are from galactusishere

Most importantly, check out the third scan.

http://img594.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer214.jpg/
http://img443.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer215.jpg/
http://img88.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer217.jpg/
http://img521.imageshack.us/i/galactusthedevourer218.jpg/

Surfer still kick Sups ass.

TheTyrant
Already done in this thread:

Sweet.
Also, is that fight from 'Galactus : The Devourer'?

galactusischere
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Sweet.
Also, is that fight from 'Galactus : The Devourer'?

Yes.

Omega Vision
Other than speed what does Surfer lose without his board?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Other than speed what does Surfer lose without his board?
Probably agility. Other than that, nothing. This isn't the movie lol.

psycho gundam
is surfer allowed to just make a new one, or does he lose his memory of it also?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
is surfer allowed to just make a new one, or does he lose his memory of it also? I've seen him rearrange it and move it through the galactus barrier but besides that I don't recall him changing his board in any way.If anyone has scans of creating a new one please post.

psycho gundam
it's just made of the glaze, and i'm pretty sure i've seen him remake the thing

Mindset
Cable broke it.

So unless SS found another one lying around, I'd say he made a new one.

carver9
Supes 6/10 in this scenerio.

Supes BFR Surfer for the win.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9

Supes BFR Surfer for the win. As opposed to SS bfring Supes?

carver9
As opposed to SS bfring Supes?

Naah, I think Supes would get the first attack and have a better chance at BFRing Surfer.

Mindset
Naah, I think Supes would get the first attack and have a better chance at BFRing Surfer. How?

carver9
How?

A blitz, grab Surfer by the shoulders and throw him to the next state. Just that easy.

AsbestosFlaygon
How?
Seismic toss

Mindset
A blitz, grab Surfer by the shoulders and throw him to the next state. Just that easy. Yea, that sounds completely reasonable.

Are we assuming SS wants to be bfr'd?

Naija boy

Supes BFR Surfer for the win.

I know u want to come off supporting superman in this scenario but is this honestly the best u could come up with? Supes Bfring surfer? who if need be can fly and teleport? Lets forget the fact that he wont simply allow himself to get thrown like a rag doll....very sensible of u as usual.

Ambient
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I've seen him rearrange it and move it through the galactus barrier but besides that I don't recall him changing his board in any way.If anyone has scans of creating a new one please post.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9127/annihilationsilversurfedz7.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9393/annihilationsilversurfeeq6.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/14/annihilationsilversurfeei8.jpg

psycho gundam
^ that's the one i was thinking of

Ambient
read your mind didn't I.. : - )

carver9
I know u want to come off supporting superman in this scenario but is this honestly the best u could come up with? Supes Bfring surfer? who if need be can fly and teleport? Lets forget the fact that he wont simply allow himself to get thrown like a rag doll....very sensible of u as usual.

Naah, I didnt say this was the only way that I could see Superman winning but I can see this happening a couple of times.

I just see the CIS factor of Surfer gaining him a couple of loses. If both of them had CIS off, then yes I agree, Surfer would get the majority but this is a fight that is more in Supes favor.

AsbestosFlaygon
A pissed-off bloodlusted Superman is stronger than any Herald.

Mindship
I just see the CIS factor of Surfer gaining him a couple of loses. This is more/less how I'm looking at it. The drive to win just isn't there like it is with Superman in this scenario.

A pissed-off bloodlusted Superman is stronger than any Herald. Certainly more motivated. A bloodlusted character is a whole other beast than when in normal mode.

I would love to see a "Herald Madness" Surfer take on some of the combatants who've gotten the better of him in the past. shifty

With regard to Surfer recreating his board for this fight: isn't that counter to the point of this thread?

Starscream M
This is more/less how I'm looking at it. The drive to win just isn't there like it is with Superman in this scenario.

dont forget the fact that surfer is slow as fuq without his board

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
dont forget the fact that surfer is slow as fuq without his board

Movement wise he isnt maybe so, but his reflexes and mental reactions are just the same on and off his board.

Naija boy
Naah, I didnt say this was the only way that I could see Superman winning but I can see this happening a couple of times.

I just see the CIS factor of Surfer gaining him a couple of loses. If both of them had CIS off, then yes I agree, Surfer would get the majority but this is a fight that is more in Supes favor.

.......right.

Mindship
dont forget the fact that surfer is slow as fuq without his board Not really. If he can amp his strength he can amp his speed: his powerset allows it, and in at least one instance, he demonstrated FTL hand speed w/o amping.

But what he wont have is the degree of experience that Supes has in fighting in this manner (ie, close-quarters). Superman's combo of strength, h2h speed and bloodlust, against boardless* Joe Pacifist is, IMO, what scores the win here.

* by being boardless, Surfer loses his best attack vantage against Superman: rapid-flight, longer-ranged attacks.

Starscream M
Movement wise he isnt well movement speed is very important against someone as fast and mobile as superman, wouldn't you agree?

Naija boy
well movement speed is very important against someone as fast and mobile as superman, wouldn't you agree?

Yes but the importance is greatly reduced via fast reflexes and mental speeds for mentally activated forcefields.

Starscream M
Yes but the importance is greatly reduced via fast reflexes and mental speeds for mentally activated forcefields. surfer reflexes slower than thanos though

Naija boy
surfer reflexes slower than thanos though

err how the hell did u get that.

Starscream M
err how the hell did u get that. uh...thats pretty common knowledge dood

Naija boy
uh...thats pretty common knowledge dood

lmao....Surfers reflexes are slower than thanoss is not common knowledge except in the head of a person that doesnt read comics. If u dont know what ur talking about just be silent.

Starscream M
lmao....Surfers reflexes are slower than thanoss is not common knowledge except in the head of a person that doesnt read comics. If u dont know what ur talking about just be silent. you clown...thanos has faster reflexes than surfer, he has demonstrated that on panel

surfer was trying to steal his gauntlet and thanos outreacted him at the last second!

Naija boy
you clown...thanos has faster reflexes than surfer, he has demonstrated that on panel

surfer was trying to steal his gauntlet and thanos outreacted him at the last second!

lol i see......though that had to do more with surfers straight up speed than his reflexes anyway.

rotiart
Thanos saw surfer coming... The glint in his eye...
If u are as fast as your opponent... And your opponent is not only teyin to run to you and snatch something out of your hand...

And all u had to do was move your hand a few inches... What is more difficult...

This argument has been put up around here for a while now an it's stupid.

AsbestosFlaygon
Makes sense, since Thanos' PC reserves are greater than Surfer's.
And Thanos is nigh-skyfather, whilst Surfer is merely high-herald at best.

Bouboumaster
Surfer is merely high-herald at best.

What? You probably meaned that he's THE most powerful high-herald, right?

TheMagicPillow
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af295/TheMagicPillow/1a333ecd.jpg

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af295/TheMagicPillow/0ae3bb49.jpg

carver9
Makes sense, since Thanos' PC reserves are greater than Surfer's.
And Thanos is nigh-skyfather, whilst Surfer is merely high-herald at best.

WTF, Surfer IS the most powerful high herald out of the bunch (besides Thor).

JakeTheBank
The whole point of calling the power tier the "Herald" class is because of Surfer.

carver9
The whole point of calling the power tier the "Herald" class is because of Surfer.

Yep, and he is still the top dog. Happy Dance

Ambient
I think he borders herald to trans..

carver9
Originally posted by Ambient
I think he borders herald to trans..

I consider him a trans level being since he has the feats proving this and since he can outright STOMP some of the Herald (all if you think about it) if you took CIS off.

Ambient
Yeah CIS off, i think his in that tier..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.