Basara vs. Lord Raptor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esomark

No End N Site
If I took every move that Raptor did seriously, I would say him, but seein' as how I don't... it's a tie. Raptor can't die, he can even remove body parts like his head wit no real harm. And from what I can remember, Basara is hard to kill.

I played SS Sen the other day and I gotta say, that game was terrible. The worst part about it was the fatalities, everything else was bearable. I really don't wanna see characters I care about get killed in such gruesome ways. Seriously, choppin' Lil Nakaruru's head off and havin' blood splurtin' out her stump of neck made me never want to see that game again. And the thing was, I wasn't even tryin' to do it.

Esomark
I wanted to get SS Sen for a while but the bad reviews and the fact my younger brother is on the 360 all the time (Doubt there will be a PS3 release due to the reception it's received so far) are a double whammy for me. I agree that the fatalities (from what I've seen) are utterly gruesome. Sure, SS has more violence than any SNK series but it was never over the top like that. I love Nakoruru and hearing what happened to her actually shocked me!

I will always be a fan of SS and it will forever be my favorite SNK series but Sen looks like a missed opportunity. I just hope it doesn't put the series on life-support like PS Warrior's Rage did.

Basara is indeed hard to kill. He can pull himself into his shadow to set up all sorts of ambushes and create illusions of himself like no one's business.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Esomark
I wanted to get SS Sen for a while but the bad reviews and the fact my younger brother is on the 360 all the time (Doubt there will be a PS3 release due to the reception it's received so far) are a double whammy for me. I agree that the fatalities (from what I've seen) are utterly gruesome. Sure, SS has more violence than any SNK series but it was never over the top like that. I love Nakoruru and hearing what happened to her actually shocked me!

I will always be a fan of SS and it will forever be my favorite SNK series but Sen looks like a missed opportunity. I just hope it doesn't put the series on life-support like PS Warrior's Rage did.

Basara is indeed hard to kill. He can pull himself into his shadow to set up all sorts of ambushes and create illusions of himself like no one's business.

Don't get me wrong, when you want to just have some fun wit friends, the game is decent. When it's time to get competitive though, the game is "cheap", "broken" , inaccurate, and unresponsive. If you can counter wit a Hard Slash, it's an instant win most of the time. The fatalities tho, they are really what disappoint me. I don't wanna see Hao get his hands lopped off wit a fountain off blood shootin out the nubs. It's Haomaru for God sakes!

If this game was more like the SS64s, it woulda been heaven for me.

Esomark
I never played the SS64's but they look fun. I'll have to check with my older cousin if he's played them or maybe if he even has them (He has almost every video game ever made and likes collecting pin ball machines too)

On second thought, I'll use instore credit to get Sen and I'll give it a spin when my bro's away at his job this summer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.