Piranha 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Trailer

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15044

Never seen the original one but this remake looks good.

steverules_2
I have seen the original, but yeah this does look like a good film

MildPossession
I adore Alexandre Aja, forgetting the awful Mirrors. Think his remake of The Hills Have Eyes is fantastic, and of course Haute Tension, so look forwards to this remake... hopefully it will go The Hills Have Eyes direction, as in good.

Personally, I look forwards to seeing a bunch of morons at 'spring break' eaten alive by piranhas.

smile

BruceSkywalker
Comes out Aug 20..

Cast List

Who will go see??

K.Diddy
thumb down Already a thread of this in the horror forum

ADarksideJedi
My husband would go see it but I will not.

MildPossession
I'll be seeing it, love the directors work(except his remake of Mirrors) and Elizabeth Shue is in it and think she is fantastic. It will have to be the 2D version for me though. She better not be killed off early on!!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
thumb down Already a thread of this in the horror forum

PM'd Impediment so he can merge them

SnakeEyes
I'd rather soak my body in a vat of acid than subject myself to this movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

But then again you expect way too much from movies.....

K.Diddy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

eek! Bet you will see it!

MildPossession
SnakeEyes - It doesn't look THAT bad... it's from the director of Haute Tension, and The Hills Have Eyes remake, and these two films were excellent. Yes, Piranha doesn't look in the same league, but still, bit dramatic that post...

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by MildPossession
SnakeEyes - It doesn't look THAT bad... it's from the director of Haute Tension, and The Hills Have Eyes remake, and these two films were excellent. Yes, Piranha doesn't look in the same league, but still, bit dramatic that post...

I tend to use hyperbole a lot. embarrasment

This film doesn't even look like it's from the same director.

Kazenji
Red Band Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDQ_i-uFZ8E&feature=player_embedded

quality is'nt great but i suppose put up with it until something better appears

have'nt seen the original but this seems to be alot more violent.

MildPossession
It's a montage clip, not a trailer. 9 or so minutes long. I'll wait for the film.

Kazenji
But still it seems to be alot more violent and gory compared to the originals ones rating.

SnakeEyes
Apparently, critics are liking this movie for being excessively campy, gory, and ridiculous - a sort of "so bad it's good" type of film.

Still not gonna see it in theaters, but I've changed my mind, I'll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD just to see if it really is bad enough to be enjoyable or just stupid.

XMr. WinterX
looks like a fail cause of the graphics and the stroyline looks just aweful...you guys will just go to see it cause of the bikinis

mrblue
it was a good movie. going in expecting ****,gore, and no plot makes the film watchable. Part 2 is already in the works.

Kazenji
I see it has some good reviews

81% over at Rottentomatoes and a newspaper that i usually check out gave it 3 1/2 out of 4

just may check it out.

jinXed by JaNx
Looks like a lot of fun. I like these type of disposable B movies when they're handled with a bit of care and expertise. I really think we need at least one movie of this type released a couple times a year...,over the top but skillfully crafted, B horror movie. These are the type of movies that will get me to go see a movie at the cinema with a group of people. I usually prefer just going alone or with one other but that's because most of the movies im going, to actually pay for, are rarely cheap and entertaining adventure rides. Yeah, i know you are thinking, but thats all that Hollywood produces. Well, that's simply not true and even though there are a seemingly endless stream of disaster and other event style movies being produced out of hollywood. Most of those films convey themselves as being way over melodramatic. Even though those movies are so blatantly bad, the dialogue and story is presented in a complete and serious manner.

Impediment
I just finished watching Piranha 3D at the cinema. This film is so awful that it's awesome. Horrible acting, bouncing titties, shaven vaginas, awesome gore, gallons upon gallons of blood, more bouncing titties, and a severed 3D penis floating in the water = one fun movie. Nothing I'd buy on dvd, but this is definitely worth a watch! Campy fun!

The Nuul
Are those bounching titties covered or not?

MildPossession
I hope that severed penis is off someone really really annoying.

Kazenji
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16355

K.Diddy
smokin' Ok,Here is my view on Piranha 3D
As far as the cinema experience goes,I had a good time,I think the kills and gore were excellent,The nudity factor did go a bit far,only because my girlfriend is a bit ''sensitive'' on that level,so too any guy's who have a girl that is similar,maybe dont take them too this movie.Anyway,back on track,yes this movie was stupid,but once again the gore and 3D effects were pulled off decently and it really did provide the best gore scenes that I have seen in a movie for a long time.The Film takes a little while to get going but the last 40 minutes of the film is amazing.
For me,I give this movie a big 8/10 but keep in mind this score is a ''cinema'' score,This is not a movie that I will own on dvd or watch again,In fact viewing this movie at home,I might give it as little as a 5/10.
So I strongly suggest that if you are going to see this movie,see it in 3D at the cinema,You should enjoy it a lot more,I hope this review was helpful.

Impediment
Originally posted by The Nuul
Are those bounching titties covered or not?

Both!

mrblue
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16355

screw James Cameron. Avatar would of been nothing without the 3D.

Impediment

Kazenji
I know the whole 3D thing was a gimmick during the 70's and 80's but what Cameron did imo was try and put it to some use.

K.Diddy
I know the whole 3D thing was a gimmick during the 70's and 80's but what Cameron did imo was try and put it to some use.

smile Very correct,I think Cameron has a point about the 3D horror movies though,Although like I said in my review I think the 3D in this movie did help it a lot,but at the same time it's gonna suck in 2D which means all the people that see this movie at home and not in a cinema probably wont be too impressed with it.

MildPossession
A horror will suck in 3D or 2D, if it's any good, it will be good in 3D or 2D, not missing out on anything when it comes to these 3D horror films.

3D doesn't improve an already shitty film.

Oo who was the STFU too?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
A horror will suck in 3D or 2D, if it's any good, it will be good in 3D or 2D, not missing out on anything when it comes to these 3D horror films.

3D doesn't improve an already shitty film.

erm Sorry dont agree there,read my review on this movie again,This is a movie that I feel wont be anywhere near as good viewed at home in 2D,In this case,I feel watching this movie in 3D at the cinema DOES improve the movie

MildPossession
Nope. stick out tongue

ADarksideJedi
The movie looks pretty bad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The movie looks pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure thats what the director was aiming for good cheesy fun.

Impediment

Too true.

The Nuul
Thats good and when it works its very good. If they didnt mean it or people took this type of movie the wrong way then is comes off very bad. Infestation is very good because it was fun and not serious. It was also good because it was well acted, written and directed. 8 Legged freak sucked because it failed in most of those areas.

ladygrim
I watched this the other day i found it cheesy and predictable but all in all a good watch

ADarksideJedi

Yea like most horror movies like Children of the corn awful but enjoyable. smile

The Nuul
I love the naked chicks and the fun factor 8/10

-Pr-
Really enjoyed it. Didn't take itself too seriously; a good popcorn movie.

Micheal_Myers
I wasnt able to catch this one in theaters and I'm still beating myself up about it. This is the kind of film I live for.

Dr Mystery
I was surprised to enjoy this movie, might watch it again (but only to use the zoom feature). Thought the effects were excellent, except for the piranhas themselves. I think like a lot of people who like this film, it not taking itself seriously was a nice touch. Some pretty decent names in there too.

Dr Mystery
Just to clarify:
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
might watch it again (but only to use the zoom feature).

I meant on the naked women, not the severed penis.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Just to clarify:

I meant on the naked women, not the severed penis.

laughing

inevitablewilli
Piranha is the most horrific movie of this year.

Toby831
After the events at Lake Victoria, the pre-historic school of blood-thirsty piranhas make their way into a newly opened waterpark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.