I am stuck on something...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
My GF and I are technically broken up but we still live together.

Anways....

I want to build a new PC it will take me months to save up for it but she offered to stick the whole amount on her CC so I can do it quicker and I will pay her back monthly.

I am stuck on whether to do that or not.

Advice please?

~Wålshy~
whats CC

The Nuul
Credit card.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul

Anways....

I want to build a new PC it will take me months to save up for it but she offered to stick the whole amount on her CC so I can do it quicker and I will pay her back monthly.

Advice please?

Never buy on credit unless the monetary gain is greater than the interest.

Such as, you get 20% off of a product or something like that, for using the card. In that case, pay the balance off as soon as you purchase the item at discount...or at least pay the balance off before the interest costs more than the amount that th 20% saved you. (If you need an example with exact amounts, just ask and I'll walk everyone through what I'm talking about.)

Best advice: learn constraint. If you really want the item, wait until you can pay cash for it and DON'T put it on credit.

If you have problems with frivolous spending, seek professional help.

The Nuul
Nah, I am just impatient.

Rogue Jedi

Anways....

Advice please? Dude NO.

steverules_2

Anways....

Advice please?

http://dustinfaulkner.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

~Wålshy~
do it but don't pay her back

mikeydude
YEAH, i wouldnt do it, because if you start missing payments or somehow cant get her the money. She can take you to court if you sign a document saying you will pay her monthly.

I mean if you watch. Judge Judy for a day anyone would understand that.

The Nuul
Well, we put the snow tires on her CC around winter time. I covered those(she renewed her warranty that was much more at the same time) with montly payments and always wasnt always on time. She never got on my case for that, she covered the payments until I paid up that month. I am finishing paying her off next month. The tires were around 1300 and thats around the same for the PC. I put stuff on her CC plenty of times and she never got on my case if I was late a bit, she always knew that the money was coming.

Peach
On the other hand, if she's still building up her credit, it might be worth putting some of the stuff on the card and paying it off quickly. Not to mention the fact that a lot of places do a "no interest if you pay it off in a certain amount of time" thing, and a lot of credit cards do rewards programs.

Maybe split it half and half and make up an agreement for how you'll pay off the remainder.

mikeydude
Just watch yourself.

JusSayin.

The Nuul
I would do 300 a month, thats what I was/am doing for the tires. One more month and the tires are done!

Say 300 a month X 4 or 5 and the PC is paid for if I am to do it all by myself.

50/50? Ummm....I will have to talk to her about this. Thanks Lana for this suggestion, I would have never even thought of this.

Skittle
So how'd it work out?
HAHA?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.