Ghost Rider vs Hellraiser Demons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
Ben "The Thing" Grimm solves the Lament Configuration, but it is substansially harder to mutilate someone with rock hard skin and superstrength. Hence, the Cenobites just decide to drag him to Hell instead. Reed sends in Ghost Rider. What happens now?

KingD19
Do the Hellraisers have souls?

Even if he can't do the Penance Stare, he pretty easily beat 3 powerful elemental angels, and Mephisto was scared of him, so he could be a threat.

Dr Will Hatch
They do have souls, but most of them apparently lose their sense of self when they become a cenobite. Pinhead had a good/evil duality, and in the second movie the good part of him(arguably the part of him that constitutes a soul) was "pushed" out, leaving only his demon side.

Impediment
Is the Thing part of this fight, since you included him in the OP?

Dr Will Hatch
I wasn't planning on it. I don't see how Ben could be harmed by them.

KingD19
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
They do have souls, but most of them apparently lose their sense of self when they become a cenobite. Pinhead had a good/evil duality, and in the second movie the good part of him(arguably the part of him that constitutes a soul) was "pushed" out, leaving only his demon side.

Would it be considered losing his soul, or simply losing the last trace of humanity? That would leave him with his soul, it would just be metaphorically viewed as tainted.

If they have souls, GR can and will use the Penance Stare, if not, the chain and shotgun work pretty damn good.

Impediment
"work pretty damn well".

Just my quirk for good grammar.

awesome

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by KingD19
Would it be considered losing his soul, or simply losing the last trace of humanity? That would leave him with his soul, it would just be metaphorically viewed as tainted.

If they have souls, GR can and will use the Penance Stare, if not, the chain and shotgun work pretty damn good.

The movie's contradict their own internal logic, so I'm not sure. IMO, he doesn't have a soul anymore because his human side existed as a ghost independent of Pinhead, and Pinhead was supposed to be one of the higher level beings in Hell, so maybe the guy(his name was Elliot Spencer) just took Pinny on as an avatar?

Can GR be hurt physically?

Impediment
Judged by screen feats, no. He's just kicked around like a soccer ball.

the ninjak
Cenobites do have souls it's just that they have been sent through a blender of torturous pleasure and have come out players on the stage that is their pocket dimension. The weak become playthings until they evolve through torture. But only rare minds can handle the process.

Ben would get swallowed by some creature similar to the one in Hellbound and restrained and tortured mentally.

Ghost Rider's Penance stare would work on the Cenobites it's just that they would feel great pleasure from it. They will actually thank GR for the gift he just gave. GR would have to resort to melee combat and in the Cenobites plane that won't be easy.

Blinky
Originally posted by the ninjak
Cenobites do have souls it's just that they have been sent through a blender of torturous pleasure and have come out players on the stage that is their pocket dimension. The weak become playthings until they evolve through torture. But only rare minds can handle the process.

Ben would get swallowed by some creature similar to the one in Hellbound and restrained and tortured mentally.

Ghost Rider's Penance stare would work on the Cenobites it's just that they would feel great pleasure from it. They will actually thank GR for the gift he just gave. GR would have to resort to melee combat and in the Cenobites plane that won't be easy.

Now why do you think they would just brush off the Penance Stare, again? If you understand the mechanism and theory behind the penance stare, if seems that the cenobites have inflicted much pain in the past and the pain would be too much to bear for them, IMO. The cenobites in latter movies have shown that they can feel plain, not just pleasure. Ghost Rider wins either way, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
I think Blaze wins but barely

the ninjak
Originally posted by Blinky
Now why do you think they would just brush off the Penance Stare, again? If you understand the mechanism and theory behind the penance stare, if seems that the cenobites have inflicted much pain in the past and the pain would be too much to bear for them, IMO. The cenobites in latter movies have shown that they can feel plain, not just pleasure. Ghost Rider wins either way, IMO.

They spend their entire existences being masochists and creating a philosophy and lifestyle behind it.
I have only seen the Hellraiser films up to 4 and I never saw them show signs of pain. Anger but not pain.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
They spend their entire existences being masochists and creating a philosophy and lifestyle behind it.
I have only seen the Hellraiser films up to 4 and I never saw them show signs of pain. Anger but not pain.

Why would they be angry? Because they were in pain.

And you don't just brush off the penance stare, you did people wrong, you have a soul, it's a fight ender.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Why would they be angry? Because they were in pain.

The Cenobites have been molded and become masters of a pocket dimension made from Pain and Torture. A toymaker made the cube that houses this dimension for a pair a masochistic occultists who in turn invested their natures in this pure untainted pocket reality and made it twisted and evil.

Cenobites are beings who survived the process and have evolved to the levels beyond physical pain. They feed on it. Anger is not Physical Pain it just means someone pissed you off!

Ghost Rider would win this fight but the Penance Stare won't stop these guys. These guys are worse than demons. Angels to some demons to many!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.