Can they handle the..Heartburn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
The following heroes/villains are given several different pills to swallow...one at a time. Each pill contains a microscopic nuclear detanator triggering explosions of varying levels of magnitude.

The first pill...50 kiloton nuclear weapon
Second pill...1 megaton nuclear weapon
Third Pill...100 megaton nuclear weapon
Fourth Pill..500 megaton nuclear weapon
Fifth Pill...1 gigaton nuclear weapon
Sixth Pill...1 teraton nuclear weapon
Seventh Pill...1 petaton nuclear weapon

Each combatant starts with pill one..and continue to take the pills until it results in their death. So, which pill would do the trick for each of the following?

1. Colossus
2. Thing
3. Juggernaut
4. Doomsday
5. Superman
6. Black Adam
7. Silver Surfer
8. Thanos
9. Darkseid
10. Odin
11. SMP
12. DP Tyrant
13. WWH
14. Shaggy Man
15. Wolverine
16. Thor

The Nuul
Only Thing might go down and maybe Colossus. All of the rest could easily take these pills with no problems. They all win but maybe those two I said before.

Tattoos N Scars
I'm not sure many of them could handle the high yield pills.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by The Nuul
Only Thing might go down and maybe Colossus. All of the rest could easily take these pills with no problems. They all win but maybe those two I said before. You think they could handle(and correct me if i'm wrong)that someone could survive a nuke INSIDE of them?Thats a megaton.I believe a terraton is 1000x that so none are surviving the power of 1000 nukes.

The thing about this thread isn't whether or not they can survive the nuke but will it blow up.If the pill blows and they are intact they survive.If they are scattered into 1000 pieces by the force of a nuclear explosion + some then obviuosly they are dead.

1. Colossus:first or second
2. Thing:First or second
3. Juggernaut:Fifth
4. Doomsday:2nd or 3rd
5. Superman:2nd or 3rd
6. Black Adam:Third
7. Silver Surfer:Third
8. Thanos:4th
9. Darkseid:4th
10. Odin:Fifth or sixth
11. SMP:4th
12. DP Tyrant:4th
13. WWH:4th
14. Shaggy Manbig grinon't know
15. Wolverinemessedecond but prob heals
16. Thor:3rd

The Nuul
Didnt see Logan.

rotiart
Microscopic nuclear explosion??

Take something small and split it... Look at Hiroshima...

I'm Not sure anyone tanks it from the inside out..

Take mangoh for example he tanks godblasts like nothing... Shoved down his throat and he was down for the count

theICONiac
With maybe the exception of the magic/cosmic beings they are all dead from the first pill.

Gray Hulk nearly had his head blown off from a simple grenade trapped in his mouth in IH #373.

Take one of those 'black cat' type firecrackers and light it off in your open palm...it might burn a little.

Now take the same firecracker and light it off in your clenched, closed fist...you'll be lucky if you don't lose a couple of fingers.

Now imagine a miniature nuke inside your favorite character. They might be able to survive it going off beside them, but no way if they swallowed it.

Q99
Originally posted by theICONiac
With maybe the exception of the magic/cosmic beings they are all dead from the first pill.

Yea, seriously. Kilotons are *massive*, and internal, contained? The Hiroshima bomb is estimate at 13-18 kt. So about three and a half of those. Fat Man at Nagasaki was 21 kt.

When someone is hit by a nuclear blast in comics, they're only being hit by one human-shaped cross-section of it, so often 1/100th, 1/1000th, or less of the total power as most goes off in different directions. This? This is 1/1th of the total blast.

Surviving the first is *insane*, even a lot of heavy hitters go down from that (it helps that their insides tend to be more fragile than their outsides).

The second pill is even worse.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by rotiart
Microscopic nuclear explosion??

Take something small and split it... Look at Hiroshima...

I'm Not sure anyone tanks it from the inside out..

Take mangoh for example he tanks godblasts like nothing... Shoved down his throat and he was down for the count thumb up

definately everyone explodes after the last pill and there won't be much to regenrate from...

EDIT: Except Juggs most likely.

TheTyrant
8. Thanos
9. Darkseid
10. Odin
11. SMP
12. DP Tyrant

They survive. And maaaybe Shaggyman too.

Badabing
50 kilotons is about 4 Hiroshima bombs.

I hightly doubt any of them can withstand 1 megaton going off inside them regardless of any supposed invulnerabilities, and that's if they survive the first bomb pill. Only high end energy manipulators could absorb/expel energy in the muti-megaton range. This isn't just siphoning energy from a star or engine, it's a massive explosion inside the characters.

Gigaton = 1 billion tons.

Teraton = 1 trillion tons.

Petaton = 1,000 trillion tons. I don't remember what's after a trillion. embarrasment

Tattoos N Scars
So, even Galactus couldn't tank 1 petaton..lol

Quadrillion range would be Petaton.

I could've included Exaton and Yottaton...quintillion and sextillioin respectfully..lol.

Q99
Originally posted by TheTyrant
8. Thanos
9. Darkseid
10. Odin
11. SMP
12. DP Tyrant

They survive. And maaaybe Shaggyman too.

I'd say that's a rough list of who'd survive the first one (and even with Darkseid, I'm not sure- remember Ray Palmer in Rock of Ages?).

Black bolt z
Take one of those 'black cat' type firecrackers and light it off in your open palm...it might burn a little.

Now take the same firecracker and light it off in your clenched, closed fist...you'll be lucky if you don't lose a couple of fingers.

You took that line from the movie armaggden didn't you?
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
So, even Galactus couldn't tank 1 petaton..lol

Quadrillion range would be Petaton.

I could've included Exaton and Yottaton...quintillion and sextillioin respectfully..lol. Galactus could take 10 peratons.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Black bolt z
You took that line from the movie armaggden didn't you?

Actually they took that from me big grin

Now that you mention it, I remember that from the movie...but believe it or not, the ICON was a bit of a juvenile delinquint and LOVED firecrackers when I was a kid...and had a somewhat similiar scenario occur when a firecracker held too tightly between my index finger/thumb went off.

Very painful, even though I had others just go off in my hand with no real ill effect.

Lord_Talron
superman almost died from manchester black attacking his brain, theres no way hed survive a nuke inside of him. i dont think any of them survive the blast in one piece. however a few of them survive it via healing powers and the like

Black bolt z
Actually they took that from me big grin

Now that you mention it, I remember that from the movie...but believe it or not, the ICON was a bit of a juvenile delinquint and LOVED firecrackers when I was a kid...and had a somewhat similiar scenario occur when a firecracker held too tightly between my index finger/thumb went off.

Very painful, even though I had others just go off in my hand with no real ill effect. laughing out loud

So are you missing a finger or something?

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
The following heroes/villains are given several different pills to swallow...one at a time. Each pill contains a microscopic nuclear detanator triggering explosions of varying levels of magnitude.

The first pill...50 kiloton nuclear weapon
Second pill...1 megaton nuclear weapon
Third Pill...100 megaton nuclear weapon
Fourth Pill..500 megaton nuclear weapon
Fifth Pill...1 gigaton nuclear weapon
Sixth Pill...1 teraton nuclear weapon
Seventh Pill...1 petaton nuclear weapon

Each combatant starts with pill one..and continue to take the pills until it results in their death. So, which pill would do the trick for each of the following?

1. Colossus
2. Thing
3. Juggernaut
4. Doomsday
5. Superman
6. Black Adam
7. Silver Surfer
8. Thanos
9. Darkseid
10. Odin
11. SMP
12. DP Tyrant
13. WWH
14. Shaggy Man
15. Wolverine
16. Thor

you really have a knack for finding things that no comic book character can stand up to, dont you...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.