Calculus or Algebra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Which one overall is more useful in real life?

Symmetric Chaos
Algebra, unless you're an engineer/physicist.

Lord Shadow Z
My head hurts just hearing the name of those subjects huh

King Kandy
Algebra. You use it unconsciously in everyday life every time you try and figure out unit prices or whatever. While Calculus, can't really say the same.

Mindset
I never use Calculus in everyday life.

So Algebra.

Ordo
Calculus is more useful for modern life. Algebra is more useful in modern life.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ordo
Calculus is more useful for modern life. Algebra is more useful in modern life.

Ooo, nice phrasing.

Mindset
Originally posted by Ordo
Calculus is more useful for modern life. Algebra is more useful in modern life. At first I was like, wtf, then I was like, oh, wtf indeed.

Wild Shadow
damn you and word play this is why i always sucked at those math phrasing question exams..

lord xyz
I would've said calculus, because I was thinking about experiments, but then I read Alliance's post.

I agree with Alliance.

KatieJames
Algebra. But then again, i don't like both choices. I'd rather read Shakespeare's novel.

KatieJames
Algebra. But then again, i don't like both choices. I'd rather read Shakespeare's novel. smile

KatieJames
Algebra. But then again, i don't like both choices. I'd rather read Shakespeare's novel. smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by KatieJames

Ere thrice thy post done salutations to the thread, eh?

Tattoos N Scars
Unlike calculus, most people have a general understanding of basic algebraic principles...having atleast studied it in highschool. Most kids never end up taking a calculus class. So, algebra would be more useful..to most people.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by The Nuul
Which one overall is more useful in real life?

It depends how much you will be using it in your career.

From personal experience I've seen guys with basic math skills get some very well paid jobs. Makes you wonder....when does a person get over educated?

jrjakn118
Mostly it's Algebra.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.