How Would You Solve the War on Terror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ms.Marvel
if you were the president of the united states?

or at the least, improve the situation in the middle east?

inimalist
what do you mean by the war on terror?

EDIT: one of the best things, imho, that could be done in the middle east would be America ending its support for regiemes like the Saudis and the Egyptians. This support does a lot to polorize more moderate members of the populace, and really tarnishes the image America needs if it wants to be a major player in the regions diplomacy.

Ms.Marvel
yeah, when i wrote that i wasnt sure that was the best way to put it.

by "war on terror" im referring to the US's attempts to combat terrorism, I.E., going after terrorist organizations.

inimalist
do you mean Muslim terrorism or terrorism in general

I only ask, because the most typical profile for a "terrorist" in America is a white, male, Christian. People don't often talk about invading the cities where abortion doctors are killed though.

Ms.Marvel
muslim terrorism big grin

when i get home later ill think of a better way to phrase tmy question.

inimalist
****, again, I'm just going to seem like a crazy pedant, but are you interested in what America could do to reduce how often they are targeted? or like, eliminate terrorism in general?

I could see the first being possible, and America has had, and in some ways continues to have, a very strong relationship with moderate elements in the Muslim world. The problem is, military security of resources has prompted a lot of policy decisions that have been good for America's economic and short term security interests, but generally bad for the human rights situation in the middle east. I honestly think one of the best things they could do would be to allow some of the political reform that is begging to happen occur. It might see some nations become less friendly to exploitation by American corporate interests, but maybe that is the cost of not having the citizens of that nation feel like they want to attack America.

The second option I think is entirely out of America's hands. Sure, they could take a harsher stance against Israel, but ultimatley, Hamas isn't going to negotiate peace terms with America.

However, I sort of question this whole interpretation. A lot of the international terrorism, rather than nationalist acts seen in Palestine, is motivated by young Muslim men feeling that there is little for them in the world, feeling alientated in foreign countries, and an overall crisis of masculanity vs modernity that is playing out differently in different parts of the world. It might not even be that they need better role models, and there is nothing America could do about it, but if these young men felt some sort of universal belonging that, imho, is what draws them to these extremeist organizations in the first place, maybe they wouldn't feel that violence is a form of self affirmation.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

or at the least, improve the situation in the middle east? id say everyone stay on their damn side of the border and there would be no wars.

inimalist
Originally posted by chomperx9
id say everyone stay on their damn side of the border and there would be no wars.

yes, especially given the international nature of Al Qaeda

roll eyes (sarcastic)

chomperx9
Originally posted by inimalist

roll eyes (sarcastic) he asked i answered. everyone stays where they are citizens there would be no problems.

the longest you can visit another country is for one week. at imigration you get an electric wrist band that has a timer. if your not back in your country before the timer goes off you get a big electic shock that puts you in a coma but doesnt kill you. then from there they find your body and see your imigration showing where your from and send your body back to where you came from.

if you try to remove the wristband imigration is notified by satelite and you have to pay a huge fine and they send you back and you are no longer allowed to visit another country again for breaking the rules.

chomperx9
do you mean Muslim terrorism or terrorism in general

I only ask, because the most typical profile for a "terrorist" in America is a white, male, Christian. People don't often talk about invading the cities where abortion doctors are killed though. naw the french whites & blacks in canada have the #1 military terrorists

inimalist
wow...

chomperx9
wow... i quit playing WOW

Enyalus
i quit playing WOW
First intelligent thing you've ever posted on here.

I don't know about now, but I had a pretty solid (IMO) idea for the US dominating political events after 9/11 happened. Mmkay, after 9/11 we had the entire world's sympathy, right? So, we invade Afghanistan (the only thing we managed to do right.) Kick their asses nice and thoroughly.

Now then, Saddam's felt our military might before firsthand. And he's pissed at us, true. But he'd also be nervous as hell, seeing as we're right there next to him. Thus, we talk...he's entered into alliances with us before, we've even given him missiles and money. We do again and induce him to attack Iran. Iraq and Iran hate each other anyway, it wouldn't take much provocation.

Now, either Iraq wins, or Iran wins, or they both destroy each other. It doesn't matter, really, because whichever side is left will be so weak that we sweep in from Afghanistan and finish them off.

At the same time, we have North Korea to deal with, and that small-dicked Jong Il bastard. China was downright pissed off to find out that they had nuclear missiles. Japan is our ally. So is South Korea. We cut a deal with China and Japan to organize a Chinese-led invasion of NK then and rid ourselves of them. To convince China, we'd offer economic incentives and a few of our divisions. No big deal. Again, China wants to stop North Korea, and we'd have good rapport at this point with the world.

Now, we've got Egypt and Syria to deal with - but that's incredibly easy to solve. Iraq and Iran are either gone or in our hands. As is Afghanistan. Pakistan and India are our allies. The UAE is, too. They have absolutely zero immediate allies save for Saudi Arabia, who are too frightened to come to anyone's aid. Completely isolated, they could be forced into giving us oil, disarming, or doing whatever else we want. And if all else fails - we give Israel the Green Light to invade. They've wanted to for ages and our policies have kept them back.

Our only "non" friendly threats at this point would be China and Russia. China doesn't want us to fall. They make up 26% of our investments. They need us like we need them. Besides that, we'd have just made an alliance with them. We use our now immensely more powerful influence (through the masterful game of playing nation against nation) to keep Russia weak and under our influence, and thus all of our major threats are dealt with and under control, without us coming off as looking "bad" in the least.

It would've been awesome, if Bush had half of a brain and knew the meaning of subtlety.

BruceSkywalker
Nuke afghanistan, pakistan and anyone else, then nuke'em again and again until their is nothing left

Symmetric Chaos
he asked i answered. everyone stays where they are citizens there would be no problems.

the longest you can visit another country is for one week. at imigration you get an electric wrist band that has a timer. if your not back in your country before the timer goes off you get a big electic shock that puts you in a coma but doesnt kill you. then from there they find your body and see your imigration showing where your from and send your body back to where you came from.

if you try to remove the wristband imigration is notified by satelite and you have to pay a huge fine and they send you back and you are no longer allowed to visit another country again for breaking the rules.

That would only work if all terrorists came from outside a country and if terrorism always took more than one week to pull off and if terrorists were highly respectful of the laws nations they intended to attack.

The Nuul
Call Batman.

Rogue Jedi

zsTRxXvQY0s

Ms.Marvel
speed racer looks a little cross eyed in your avatar

Rogue Jedi
speed racer looks a little cross eyed in your avatar You look a little cross eyed.

Ms.Marvel
aw.

Rogue Jedi
aw.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
zsTRxXvQY0s

TKM
I'd stay out of it. Anger them enough and they'll be ready to come back and lay us out again, because in my opinion we shouldn't have even went over there. When the troops were sent over to Iraq, they took their concentration off of Afghanistan and the terrorist groups started getting stronger. That's the reason why they're sending marines to Afghanistan now.

The war is about these terrorist groups and nuclear weapons. Even if the weapon issue is concluded, this is something that can't be solved unless the terrorist are completely wiped out, but I don't see that happening.

Lord Lucien
Leave the area, let 'em attack again. Nuke 'em. Problem solved.

TKM
If it was that simple don't you think it would have been done by now? They don't want to risk another attack and they don't want to blow innocent people to oblivion.

Wild Shadow
place equal value on life and business ethics and laws..

if we start taking some of their claims seriously and start investigating corporate irresponsibility on pressing criminal charges it might solve some problems..

we would also need to stop supporting tyrannical governments just to get a decent price on oil or keep them from selling to others..

basically we get what we put in and we have ourselves caused their disdain toward us.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That would only work if all terrorists came from outside a country and if terrorism always took more than one week to pull off and if terrorists were highly respectful of the laws nations they intended to attack. they usually do come from outside the country.

Juk3n
it all started with Jews. It'll end with Jews.

Wild Shadow
umm thats hollywood and world banks

Juk3n
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
umm thats hollywood and world banks

aswell as..

chomperx9
Originally posted by Juk3n
it all started with Jews. It'll end with Jews. the terrorism started with the jews ? sad

it was the muslims that started it all and sitll goes on today. war over their gods. they take that religion stuff way to damn serious. trey parker and matt strone got some threats from some muslims because of the muhammad episode. was a little humor big deal. theres abunch of jesus episodes where they put him down. you dont see jews or christians making terrorist threats over that

Wild Shadow
actually i would agree constantly trying to over throw governments like the romans all the way back thousands of yrs..

inimalist
jeez, sorry ms marvel...

Ms.Marvel
what? o.o

Symmetric Chaos
actually i would agree constantly trying to over throw governments like the romans all the way back thousands of yrs..

No no, violence was invented by Islam. Don't you know anything about history?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No no, violence was invented by Islam. Don't you know anything about history? no one invented violence. its been around since the 1st day there was life on earth

Dr McBeefington
This is a difficult question to answer. I've heard a few solutions.

1. Just get out of the middle east!! We're keeping the radicals united!
The problem with this is us being that it's not exactly accurate. While some factions ARE united, as a whole, the middle east fundamentalism is largely divided, and our presence is causing that division. If we leave, they will slowly unite against us and Israel. Our foreign policy has always been the ardent support of Israel, so we would not allow this.

2. Keep doing what we are doing.
This isn't working either. Rather, it's showing some progress but it's been 8-9 years, and thousands of our troops have died needlessly. If the mighty Soviets couldn't do anything in the Middle East in the 70s, what exactly are we going to accomplish? We're fighting in a land with thousands of miles of mountains and plenty of hiding spots. We're not going to find what we want.

The reason I don't really post my opinion, is because it can be considered quite radical even by conservatives, while "bloodlust" by the Liberals. I believe in the eye for an eye concept to an extent. They suicide bomb innocent civilians, we round up the captured prisoners and execute them. They blow up a building, we blow up one of their complexes. I don't believe in the "moral high ground" argument because sooner or later, there won't be anyone alive to take the "moral high ground". Anyways, that's just a run down version of what I think.

Enyalus
What were you agreeing with? Jews trying to overthrow the Romans, Christians trying to overthrow the Romans, or...Islam?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Enyalus
What were you agreeing with? Jews trying to overthrow the Romans, Christians trying to overthrow the Romans, or...Islam? The Jews tried to overthrow the Roman Government? Lol

Enyalus
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
The Jews tried to overthrow the Roman Government? Lol
To an extent...yes. Never heard of the fall of Masada in 72-3 AD?

Dr McBeefington
To an extent...yes. Never heard of the fall of Masada in 72-3 AD?

I'm Jewish with an extended knowledge of my people, and I've been to Masada. It's called "The Last Stand" for a reason, so when you say to an extent, you're REALLY reaching.

Wild Shadow
What were you agreeing with? Jews trying to overthrow the Romans, Christians trying to overthrow the Romans, or...Islam? its all the same... a rose is still a rose by any other name.. wink

anyways i dont care what happens to them as long as they leave a few of them alone like my natalie portman.. smile

i also said "trying"...

Enyalus
I'm Jewish with an extended knowledge of my people, and I've been to Masada. It's called "The Last Stand" for a reason, so when you say to an extent, you're REALLY reaching.
Awesome. So you know that Masada was part of the the first Great Revolt, followed later by the Kitos War and then the Bar Kokhba's revolt. All three involved them attempting to overthrow the Roman government in their region like WS seemed to indicate.

Dr McBeefington
Awesome. So you know that Masada was part of the the first Great Revolt, followed later by the Kitos War and then the Bar Kokhba's revolt. All three involved them attempting to overthrow the Roman government in their region like WS seemed to indicate.

Yes, I'm aware of the Judeo-Roman War and it's three stages. I'm glad you're finally using Wikipedia. And there's a difference between "revolting against conversion to another religion and destruction of one's own religion" and "trying to overthrow a government."

Enyalus
Yes, I'm aware of the Judeo-Roman War and it's three stages. I'm glad you're finally using Wikipedia.
Only because I forgot how to spell 'Bar Kokhba.' embarrasment
And there's a difference between "revolting against conversion to another religion and destruction of one's own religion" and "trying to overthrow a government."
My understanding of it was that they attempted to overthrow the Roman government in the Syria/Jerusalem region because of the religious aspect and persecution. Which would still qualify to me. *shrug*

Warden
he asked i answered. everyone stays where they are citizens there would be no problems.

if you try to remove the wristband imigration is notified by satelite and you have to pay a huge fine and they send you back and you are no longer allowed to visit another country again for breaking the rules. Oh dear God...

Scythe
Shrinking everyone! It makes sense, if we're all super small, it would make using huge ass objects really hard, so therefore terrorism would have to wait, and thus take such a loooooong time to come due to everyone tryin' to survive under a new size.

/non-realistic thought

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scythe
Shrinking everyone! It makes sense, if we're all super small, it would make using huge ass objects really hard, so therefore terrorism would have to wait, and thus take such a loooooong time to come due to everyone tryin' to survive under a new size.

/non-realistic thought

It'd solve global warming. We could all run on solar, as the technology is now. Food problems solved.

Etc.

Bouboumaster
1- Stop giving that much support to Israel
2- Talk them down, showing respect
3- Keeping my cool
4- Show the world how much USA roxx, and how I'm cool and patient and totally awesome

and
5- discredit non cool dudes, but in any time, I'd make war

Obama was on a good track in his first months, but he seems to have ****ed it all. Still, there's hope.

inimalist
what? o.o

it seems like a thread you were serious about quickly took a turn to the absurd...

Ms.Marvel
oh. well thats just how kmc works big grin

i knew the risks raver

Robtard
I'd bring the Islamites the following:

-Jesus

-Second Amendment of the United States Constitution

-McDonalds

-Coca-Cola

This would appease them and turn them civilized, problem fixed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by dadudemon
It'd solve global warming.
Global warming is a lie. awesome

Parmaniac

or at the least, improve the situation in the middle east? Stop invading other countries, to not piss the people there off to become terrorists.

Jack Daniels
just roll a giant k3 doobie and pass it to the terrorists...that stuff is good incense ..lol

Shey Tapani
treat it like a domestic threat.

lil bitchiness

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, we are all inclined to believe 5 men with a printer and a camera in a cave run an internationally based terrorist organisation that will destroy USA, SO efficiently and SO discreetly that even USA cannot find and destroy them, possessing the best technology world has ever known.

Well, I'm convinced. roll eyes (sarcastic)

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes, we are all inclined to believe 5 men with a printer and a camera in a cave run an internationally based terrorist organisation that will destroy USA, SO efficiently and SO discreetly that even USA cannot find and destroy them, possessing the best technology world has ever known.

Well, I'm convinced. roll eyes (sarcastic)

...?

shutting down all boarders wouldn't stop al qaeda because in many cases they recruit people who are born within that nation.

Bicnarok

lord xyz

or at the least, improve the situation in the middle east? Hand over the Bush family.

Wild Shadow
i would seriously have bush anwser to a world court for some of his blatant disregards of international laws also charge him with violation of american laws...

next withdraw troops from the saudi arabia kingdom prior to this tell the ppl of the middle east we will no longer suppress a people in order to get a good deal on oil. that it is criminal to do so and no army will be used as an economical leverage.. also although we will no longer interfere with politics of the region will not stand by and allow state sponsored terrorism and if we find out terrorist are given shelter and aid in ones country we will declare war on the country and will not help pay for the rebuilding.. ppl of said country need to keep their government from causing such attacks...

lots of things we can do..

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Bicnarok
For example if the world banks decided to take over everything and squash the average person like a grape with financial pressure, internment camps and SS style police. And these "average" people got a bit upset and decided to kick ass, then would you support attacking these "Terrorists".

If you wanna start something like that just call I'm in smile

The word "Terrorist" is used too often nowadays, as a branding iron to make an excuse for attacking certain groups.

Anther problem is certain "terrorist" states are tolerated othes are not, take Israel for example, what they are doing and are allowed to get away with is beyond belief imo. thumb up

lil bitchiness
...?

shutting down all boarders wouldn't stop al qaeda because in many cases they recruit people who are born within that nation.

From a cave?!

If Al qa'idah is an international organisation than someone must be running it, from somewhere. It must have a common purpose, common goals and common targets, and people who are answering to SOMEBODY.
And if those people are answering to some old dude, with kidney failure in a cave - well than that has got to beat every single ridiculous conspiracy theory. David Icke, move over.

This whole Al qu'aidah explanation sounds like some kind of conspiracy between few Arab countries and a secret organisation.

In order to run an INTERNATIONAL network of terrorists, one must have some good contacts, some goddamned discreet-stealth-super-ninja people who can infiltrate every goddamned place and with that be able to brief people from every enemy country in the world on the goals and activities without being detected by the West and other anti-terrorism governments.

The point is, existence of such thing as al qu'aidah is just so ridiculous to me.
It's just a name that is thrown about here and there to make people shit themselves and beg for protection.

The whole idea of ''war on terror'' is just ridiculous in itself, and everyone knows this, but if you give it a name, such as al qu-aidah, then you're fighting a specific thing, and it works better for people to go ''aaaah, yes, al qu-aidah, yes war on terror, makes sense''.

Just lots of ridiculous crap. War on terror is a ridiculous concept - but not if you give it a name and make it a ultra secret organisation status - THEY COULD BE WATCHING YOU NOW, AND BLOWING YOU UP TOMORROW!!!! ZOMyGoodness!!

If that isn't scaremongering, I don't know what is.

inimalist
??

what is it that you think I'm saying?

lil bitchiness
??

what is it that you think I'm saying?

I understood as - that ''war on terror'' is the war against this al qu'aidah, an organisation I very much doubt exists.

Terrorism of course exists, but I don't think global terrorism is something called al qu'aida and I don't think it is an international organisation.
Every generation has a bogeyman - it was the Russians, then communism, then drugs, then global warming, now terrorism.

inimalist
ok, my point was that closing international boarders to travel and immigration was not going to stop terrorism

Shey Tapani
Other solution is for people to stop overreacting.

Jack Daniels
k3 would werk...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Other solution is for people to stop overreacting. And who in your opinion is over reacting?

SamZED

The word "Terrorist" is used too often nowadays, as a branding iron to make an excuse for attacking certain groups.

Anther problem is certain "terrorist" states are tolerated othes are not, take Israel for example, what they are doing and are allowed to get away with is beyond belief imo.
As Parmaniac said - thumb up

Deano
the war on terror is bullshit. its fake. its unreal. its bogus.

open your goddamn eyes.

Rogue Jedi
The Antichrist is here.

Wild Shadow
run for the hills!! ppl!! the sky is falling..

by the way we know that "the war on terror" is asinine and lil bitchiness already gave good reasons for. no one to convince here and unsubstantiated comments and simple soundbite quotes is why ppl ignore certain ppl both on a forum and on tv..

ppl need to do more then ramble like a conspiracy theorist and be professional if they want their point of view respected and given credibility

Deano
so if you know the truth then why do u stand for it?

Bouboumaster

inimalist
yo, the war on terror is fake, how dare you address the OP's question instead of self-indungant egotistical chest thumping!

Bouboumaster
yo, the war on terror is fake, how dare you address the OP's question instead of self-indungant egotistical chest thumping!

Oh, I'm sorry!

Btw, it's sucks hard that the Habs were eliminated. DAMN YOU, FLYERS!

inimalist
ya, but seriously, seeing any of the original 6 (except detroit) in the finals is always a good time

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Deano
so if you know the truth then why do u stand for it? what do you recommend i do?

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Parmaniac
And who in your opinion is over reacting?

The US citizens, going after terrorists is one thing, invading countryes is an another and lets not forget 3000 people died during 911 and the thing got more publicity worldwide then the Haiti catastrophe.

Wild Shadow
what about Haiti? thats where voodoo comes from right?

Shey Tapani
So?

You think they made a pact with the devil?

Liberator
These terrorists exist due to Western exploitation.

Deano
what do you recommend i do?

inform others of the deceit. wake others up.

do what you think is right for humanity's future !

jinXed by JaNx
There is only one way to deal with terrorism...,

"Nuke the site and head for orbit"

-LT corporal Hicks. (Aliens)

If that one was to nerdy for you liberals, how about...,"fight fire with fire"

Look at history. Any time terrorism has been combated using peaceful tactics. The result was seen by the terrorists succeeding.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Look at history. Any time terrorism has been combated using peaceful tactics. The result was seen by the terrorists succeeding.

Swear to god, I came into this thread, jut now, purely with the intent to make that Aliens reference. no expression

Shey Tapani
jinXed posted:

"
Look at history. Any time terrorism has been combated using peaceful tactics. The result was seen by the terrorists succeeding."

Why are there no bombings in Norther Irealand then?

Sometimes terrorists just give up realising they cannot really gain anything like in Western Europe.

Liberator

That creates martyrs and more terrorists.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Liberator
These terrorists exist due to Western exploitation.
Yes.

I am sure in the near future you'll be hearing a lot of a new global threat called Jundullah.
This may be used to screw about with Iran.

Jundullah - coming soon to a news cast near you.

Liberator
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes.

I am sure in the near future you'll be hearing a lot of a new global threat called Jundullah.
This may be used to screw about with Iran.

Jundullah - coming soon to a news cast near you.

I read up on them a little bit, it seems they are funded by the US, what do you mean it will be used a scapegoat to invade Iran?

Bouboumaster

Can you gives some exemple?

Liberator
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Can you gives some exemple?

Agreed.

lil bitchiness
I read up on them a little bit, it seems they are funded by the US, what do you mean it will be used a scapegoat to invade Iran?

No, I meant they will be used to destabilise Iran via USA training/help akin to Taliban (not the same scenario, but the same idea), then USA will come in to 'save the day', and Iran is now Afghaniraq.

Liberator
You are very clever, that makes complete sense to me. Only fools make the same mistake twice, let's see how true that statement becomes.

Parmaniac
n4H_E8b-qmo

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZd3iCknZU&feature=related
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRWAyM26YV8&feature=related
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9Amuri6G8&feature=related
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ullkbVCL8&feature=related

Just to prove my point smile

Liberator
I like his first reference about the president in Chile. Very true, people forget all to easily about the past.

Parmaniac
I like his first reference about the president in Chile. Very true, people forget all to easily about the past. I liked that he "mentions" that the united states have a connection to Osama bin Laden, nowadays he's treated like an antichrist that just showed up all of the sudden to fight america...

Mindset
I would impregnate all their women.

Mr Parker

first I would clean up our own corrupt government first-we need to fix america first,of course kennedy tried and he died for that.Then I would worry about that after our own government got cleaned up which they havent been able to do for the past 60 years or so and counting.

Shey Tapani
Exactly great point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.