Do the Tribe outnumber the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
I mean, they've been around unabated for 5000 years, whereas the Jedi had a purge just 60 or so years ago. Do the Sith actually outnumber the Jedi?

Lord Lucien
I don't think it says. Wookiee only lists a handful. The NJO so far have more named members. But consider that their number of 100 was slashed in half by the Yuuzhan Vong War, it's just weird that they would have more.

truejedi
wait. 50 Jedi? No, its more than that. In Invincible, 12 jedi masters and 50 Jedi Knights stormed the Anakin Solo. plus Jaina, and Zekk. Plus the Hapan Queen. Plus any padawans or younglings. So definitly more than 50. Seems like some numbers are given in Backslash as well, right? I'm guesssing it wasn't even close to the entire number of jedi that hit the ship, either, plus the other academies.

That was disjointed, but it makes my point.

However, the One Tribe, are an entire planet of force sensitives. I think they do outnumber the Jedi. They have already lost 19 members, and HOW MANY shuttles were present at the end of BackSlash? A lot.

Lord Lucien
Around 50 as of the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War. LotF begins a decade after that.

truejedi
ohkay. Well, do you think then, that the Jedi are outnumbered?

Q99
By the start of the Legacy comic (pre-Purge/destruction of Ossus at least), the Jedi numbers had risen into the thousands.

Recruiting from a galaxy means Jedi numbers are limited mostly by how fast they can be found and trained.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Q99
By the start of the Legacy comic (pre-Purge/destruction of Ossus at least), the Jedi numbers had risen into the thousands.Source/quote?

Q99

truejedi
But that is by Legacy. We are talking about the Legacy of the Force Book series. The Jedi barely have a few hundred.

Q99
Originally posted by truejedi
But that is by Legacy. We are talking about the Legacy of the Force Book series. The Jedi barely have a few hundred.

Yea, I'm saying "by that point they'll have that much," knowing the end point is useful data. They need to have enough to reach that point.

A few hundred makes sense to me for the current book timeline.

Lord Lucien
It took them like 20 years just to get to 100; subtract half and in ten years I doubt they've multiplied several hundred percent.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It took them like 20 years just to get to 100; subtract half and in ten years I doubt they've multiplied several hundred percent.

On the other hand, the One Sith numbered 20-30 by 40 A.B.Y. 90 years later, they numbered in the thousands. Just saying.

Q99

Ten years, not a lot of action, more of the original recruits are now experienced knights at the least and quite a few of them are masters? I can see them doubling or more their number.

The more Jedi you have, the more teachers there are. In the past there was only one, or eventually a few, Masters and thus recruiting had to go through a slim bottleneck. The bottleneck has widened a fair amount so the recruit-to-knight flow increases.

truejedi
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
On the other hand, the One Sith numbered 20-30 by 40 A.B.Y. 90 years later, they numbered in the thousands. Just saying.

Where does it say what the One Sith numbered in 40 Aby?

I thought there was a planet full?

Wait... Tribe? is the one sith the one's on korriban? (and I would imagine that was in LOTF?)

Q99
Where does it say what the One Sith numbered in 40 Aby?

I thought there was a planet full?

Wait... Tribe? is the one sith the one's on korriban? (and I would imagine that was in LOTF?)

The One Sith is the one on Korriban, the Tribe's on Kesh.

truejedi
yeppers. Are the Tribe featured in the Legacy comics at all?

mattatom
yeppers. Are the Tribe featured in the Legacy comics at all? I've read them all and unless my memory fails me...No.

Q99
They weren't invented until well into the run, so no, they haven't played a role.

Darth Truculent
Probably they do outnumber the Jedi (in FoTJ). Yet, they have not had to face an enemy like the YV. The Tribe would have suffered tremendous casualties as did the Jedi. Many of the core and experienced knights were KIA like Anakin Solo.

But the Jedi that the Tribe has faced in combat (Luke & Ben), the Tribe lost the engagements suffering irreplaceable losses. Only Gaalan and Vestara have survived. Now if or when they face Jaina, Kyp or Kyle, it's gonna be bad news for the Tribe.

REXXXX
It sounds like they don't have as much power as they normally would.

truejedi
Depends: This Lord Gaalen was stated to be at Kyp/Katarn level.

Hewhoknowsall
Depends: This Lord Gaalen was stated to be at Kyp/Katarn level.

And he isn't even a High Lord (or is he? I forgot)

This doesn't make sense.

Ms.Marvel
star wars is so lame now

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
star wars is so lame now I saw this foretold in a fortune cookie. I was young and foolish enough to disregard it.

sad

Red Nemesis
I saw this foretold in a fortune cookie. I was young and foolish enough to disregard it.

sad
sad

truejedi
I thought he was the high lord actually.

Lord Lucien
I am the High Lord. Geez, it's like you didn't even get the memo.

Darth Truculent
He was Kyp's & Kyle's equal as a swordsmaster - nothing was mentioned how strong he was in the Force. He (Gaalan) has no combat experience fighting a drawn out war against a vicious enemy like the YV.

truejedi
actually he was able to stymie luke's tk. i'm guessing the tribe is nothing to sneeze at. the lignon crystals enhance their abilities.

Hewhoknowsall
actually he was able to stymie luke's tk. i'm guessing the tribe is nothing to sneeze at. the lignon crystals enhance their abilities.

Remember that Luke had to work against the shuttle moving upwards.

truejedi
no question. I'm pointing out however, these Sith aren't chumps.

Darth Truculent
I disagree - everytime they've fought Luke, Ben and now Dyon (who isn't even a Jedi) they've suffered heavy losses. That stupid High Lord Gaalan wasn't even close to defeated Luke in a lightsaber contest. If he didn't hop on the shuttle, he would have been KIA like the other two Saber's. Rememer, there was more than three Sith and it is possible they were aiding him to lift the shuttle.

truejedi
Galaan was stated to be at the level of Kyp or Kyle.

Ria was stated to be the level of a Jedi Master,

Vestera was stated to be the level of a Jedi Knight.

That makes them not-chumps.

Darth Truculent
These Sith are not chumps, but no where near the level of power that Revan, Bane, Vader much less Sidious wielded. And Jedi fought all 4 of those Sith. It is possible that they (Tribe) did not know of the Force abilities like Force Storm. We have to take into account that these are not Old Republic Jedi, but post - YV and Second Galactic Civil War ones.

truejedi
What does force storm have to do with anything?

And what do you know of the power wielded by Revan?

And what are you saying, exactly? A planet of sith at the master/knight level is much more dangerous than one or 2 high level Sith.

Bane was clearly wrong about the rule of 2.

Eminence
In what respect?

truejedi
About it being the way to make the Sith Order the Strongest. I'll take a planet full of Sith over 2 people hiding in the shadows anytime. 2 Sith are too easily killed. Heck, it almost got wiped out during Bane's own lifetime. He should have rethought his theory right then.

Lord Lucien
In reasonable terms, yes. But within Star Wars, Bane's Rule has achieved the most for the Sith (as an ideology).

truejedi
That's only because they went thousands of years without trying the other way.

What did bane's rule achieve for them? 20 years at the top? After 4000 of near extinction? No thanks. Besides, I haven't read the comics, but hasn't Krayt been at the top nearly that long too? without the rule of 2?

Nephthys
Krayt got killed by a rival Sith. The irony of him bastardising the rule of 2 is heavy indeed.

Q99
That's only because they went thousands of years without trying the other way.

What did bane's rule achieve for them? 20 years at the top? After 4000 of near extinction? No thanks. Besides, I haven't read the comics, but hasn't Krayt been at the top nearly that long too? without the rule of 2?

The One Sith have only been at the top for 7-8 years. Not bad for 80 years of prep vs 1,000 though smile

Funnily enough, not exactly a rival per say, but one of the most loyal Sith who was willing to off Krayt for the sake of the One Sith ideal.

Sith are sith, getting offed by a subordinate is something every version has to deal with smile Now the only question is how well they'll hold together.

Nephthys
Wyyrlok betrayed and killed him when he was begging for help, seemingly for powar. That counts in my book.

Q99
"For the dream to live, sometimes the dreamer must die!"

Oh that Wyyrlok, what a kidder smile

--

How big was the Jedi as-of the PT?

Darth Truculent
Under the Rule of Two, it nearly exterminated the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. These Sith are far too bound by an absurd code of honor. The Tribe doesn't truly understand the meaning of deciet & treachery which are core values in the Sith. They also do not believe that the apprentice must challenge the Master for the title of Dark Lord of the Sith. The Tribe, like the Jedi Order, make their decisions through a council. Bane would purge them from the galaxy with the infamous Thought Bomb.

The Tribe may outnumber the Jedi, but they have never faced an enemy that has seen more nightmarish combat in the past 40 years, than the they have seen in 5,000. I can say with certaintity that the Tribe would have been defeated by the YV or Darth Caedus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.