Iron Fist vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
ko,kill cis on morality on..

Aquaman has accused the Rand corporation of illegal and numerous violations of sovereign nation of atlantis with his non eco friendly ways of waste management...

Dan goes to meet aquaman in the parking lot of his company news vans present protesters..

words are exchange threats are made its on like a kung fu flick.

Iron fist
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SICHkpxUygo&feature=related
also cant touch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4L4CPfQY8&feature=related

vs

Aquaman
intro:
earth song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHguBEXkac
Michael Jackson ft. Janet Jackson - Scream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQj8pIhxJk

lordxalba
hmmm......Lets seee book

Wild Shadow
come on ppl who wins the ironfist like unto iron or the water bearer hand that is unto water?

-Pr-
Aquaman stomps. It's borderline (if not actual) spite.

Wild Shadow
i knew you say that...
i dont see how but whatever.

5yXDpXJbLbM

-Pr-
Telepathy, strength, speed and durability. The water hand makes it actual spite.

Plus, the big-ass trident he carries around.

Wild Shadow
my whole reason for this thread is to find out how much chi amping IF can channel Aquaman seems like the perfect character to gauge on another to see if chi manipulation is enough to even them out..

IF's attributes are nothing to scuff about.. punching power enough to daze and knockout heavy hitters..

speed chi amping to supercharge his punches into a flurry catch a bullet and not get touch by a 100 some needles while standing in place

his mental discipline to fight off mind control and block certain TPs..

durability enough to take brick lvl punches and keep on trucking

all this balanced by his MA's to help him punch effectively and to take punches above his weight class..

now i admit i have read AM for a while bn seriously now he carries a trident as standard equipment to fights?

i also dont view his above surface speed to be above what IF can reach..

and AM's strength i view it more around the 60 to 80's tons and that is being generous and ignoring the strength he was originally shown to possess b4 the massive modern inconsistencies of the character..

back in the old days he was like a 2 to 5 tonner tops...

Warlord
IMO if Aquawas without his TP and hand Danny would have a good chance of winning

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
my whole reason for this thread is to find out how much chi amping IF can channel Aquaman seems like the perfect character to gauge on another to see if chi manipulation is enough to even them out..

IF's attributes are nothing to scuff about.. punching power enough to daze and knockout heavy hitters..

speed chi amping to supercharge his punches into a flurry catch a bullet and not get touch by a 100 some needles while standing in place

his mental discipline to fight off mind control and block certain TPs..

durability enough to take brick lvl punches and keep on trucking

all this balanced by his MA's to help him punch effectively and to take punches above his weight class..

now i admit i have read AM for a while bn seriously now he carries a trident as standard equipment to fights?

i also dont view his above surface speed to be above what IF can reach..

and AM's strength i view it more around the 60 to 80's tons and that is being generous and ignoring the strength he was originally shown to possess b4 the massive modern inconsistencies of the character..

back in the old days he was like a 2 to 5 tonner tops...

what "massive modern inconsistencies" are you referring to?

Johnny Sorrow
Well, current Aquaman doesn't have his water hand. But I would still give him the victory.

comicfan11
Originally posted by -Pr-
Telepathy, strength, speed and durability. The water hand makes it actual spite.

Plus, the big-ass trident he carries around.

Even without the WH it's borderline spite (btw if Johns doesn't even refference it=FAIL)

And Aquaman doesn't have "strength inconsistencies" since 1994.
I dare anyone to find me a case of these "incosistencies" after PAD took on the title.

As for his speed Aquaman on land has been shown able to outrun angels, react faster than the human eye and easilly dance around machine gun fire.

For his durability he is bullet resistant, extremelly energy resistant and can take punches from Wonder Woman and Lobo.

He is also a trained warrior king who trains the armies of Atlantis so he may not be IF skilled but he is well beyond the likes of a brick like Mammoth or Rhino.

Aquaman 10/10

Enyalus
Aquaman has a big edge in durability. That's what makes this not winnable for Danny.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Enyalus
Aquaman has a big edge in durability. That's what makes this not winnable for Danny.

Plus his striking power (strength)
He one shot Olympian ("deranged Superman of Greece out of water) and punched Despero through a big metal sheep.

Enyalus
Aquaman holds no big edge in striking power (if there is an edge at all) over IF, especially when he amps.

-K-M-
Im glad they have finally showed him to be bulletproof.

comicfan11
Originally posted by -K-M-
Im glad they have finally showed him to be bulletproof.

The showed him before but people mostly don't know about it or haven't actually read it.

Check Winnick's Outsiders #40 and Morisson's JLA #25

-K-M-
I read Aquaman a lot and bullets have penetrated Arthur and the newest Aquaman.

EDIT: In JLA #25 I don't even think they had the bullets hit him before he jumped off the building.

Lord Feron
Mind rape ftw mad easy win

comicfan11
I read Aquaman a lot and bullets have penetrated Arthur and the newest Aquaman.

Have you read the specific issues I listed?
He is bulletproof there.

Plus AJ is not Aquaman and has been shown to be far weaker than the original.

As for Orin he hasn't been hurt by a bullet since the PAD run in the mid '90s and has been consistent since then.

Before PAD he was incosistent, but not after that run.

-K-M-
Originally posted by comicfan11
Have you read the specific issues I listed?
He is bulletproof there.

Plus AJ is not Aquaman and has been shown to be far weaker than the original.

As for Orin he hasn't been hurt by a bullet since the PAD run in the mid '90s and has been consistent since then.

Before PAD he was incosistent, but not after that run.

Yes, and in JLA #25 the bullets didn't even connect with him. You talking about Outsiders vol.1 or 2?

Ok?

Because bullets havn't hit him in a long long time. they didn't have scenes of them bouncing off of him, they usually just have Aquaman dodging them. Can't say it's either consitent or inconsistent as bullets havn't hit him in years.

comicfan11
Yes, and in JLA #25 the bullets didn't even connect with him. You talking about Outsiders vol.1 or 2?

Ok?

Because bullets havn't hit him in a long long time. they didn't have scenes of them bouncing off of him, they usually just have Aquaman dodging them. Can't say it's either consitent or inconsistent as bullets havn't hit him in years.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5871/outsiders200640page02oucg6.jpg

Small nicks in combat.
One bullet reflect on the armor the others have the same effect they had in BD#1

As for JLA #25 it's debatable at least.
He says "ugh what are you doing" to the hellicopters and they spray him with bullets.
Why would he struggle if they didn't connect?

-K-M-
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5871/outsiders200640page02oucg6.jpg

Small nicks in combat.
One bullet reflect on the armor the others have the same effect they had in BD#1

As for JLA #25 it's debatable at least.
He says "ugh what are you doing" to the hellicopters and they spray him with bullets.
Why would he struggle if they didn't connect?

What's the scan before? and really it hit his armour so that doesn't prove much.

Small knicks? bullets have floored Aquaman before, and Nicodemus nearly killed him with a close range shot. In the scan you posted we didn't even see the bullets really other then a small "ping"

Almost...
Helicopter: "Lock and load"
Aquaman: "Gnna stop. What are you doing?" and shows AM dodging just before he jumps off the building and not once did they show a bullet hitting him directly.

comicfan11
What's the scan before? and really it hit his armour so that doesn't prove much.

Small knicks? bullets have floored Aquaman before, and Nicodemus nearly killed him with a close range shot. In the scan you posted we didn't even see the bullets really other then a small "ping"

Almost...
Helicopter: "Lock and load"
Aquaman: "Gnna stop. What are you doing?" and shows AM dodging just before he jumps off the building and not once did they show a bullet hitting him directly.

There isn't a scan before since it's a collection of images that show where Malah found some DNA samples.

And what do you mean it hit the armor?
One bullet hit the armor but the others hit his arm ("Tok"wink

As for the JLA issue I think it's debatable whether he dodges or just gets hit.
Anyway it's a win win since it's either a show of durability or speed. smile

-K-M-
There isn't a scan before since it's a collection of images that show where Malah found some DNA samples.

And what do you mean it hit the armor?
One bullet hit the armor but the others hit his arm ("Tok"wink

As for the JLA issue I think it's debatable whether he dodges or just gets hit.
Anyway it's a win win since it's either a show of durability or speed. smile

So how do you know he got hurt by bullets then?

When do bullets make the sound tok? Also as a mentioned earlier Nicodemus nearly killed AM and he had armor too.

It didn't hit him, and yes it's a feat of speed and the durability feat is him jumping off the building and landing on Flow many stories above the ground.

comicfan11
So how do you know he got hurt by bullets then?

When do bullets make the sound tok? Also as a mentioned earlier Nicodemus nearly killed AM and he had armor too.

It didn't hit him, and yes it's a feat of speed and the durability feat is him jumping off the building and landing on Flow many stories above the ground.

Why, is there a specific sound bullets make in comics when they hit flesh?

I don't know it's bullets but what else could it be?
We already know that Aquaman's skin is to tough to be pierced (Batman's files prior to JLA Tower of Babel)

Plus Nicodemus was before PAD.
And I talked specifically for instances AFTER PAD took over the title since he was responsible for Aquaman's revamp.
Sorry If I didn't make this clear.

-K-M-
Why, is there a specific sound bullets make in comics when they hit flesh?

I don't know it's bullets but what else could it be?
We already know that Aquaman's skin is to tough to be pierced (Batman's files prior to JLA Tower of Babel)

Plus Nicodemus was before PAD.
And I talked specifically for instances AFTER PAD took over the title since he was responsible for Aquaman's revamp.
Sorry If I didn't make this clear.

Not "tok"

Why is it automatically bullets? For all we know it could be lazers or something else. We didn't even see what was being shot at him or who the shooter was. Blades have cut AM before.

Gotcha. Either way your two examples of him showing to be bulletproof are not 100% proof. Especially in JLA when we didn't even see a bullet hit him, and in Outsiders we don't even know if it was bullets to begin with or something else. While we have seen bullets be more affective on AM then not.

comicfan11
Not "tok"

Why is it automatically bullets? For all we know it could be lazers or something else. We didn't even see what was being shot at him or who the shooter was. Blades have cut AM before.

Gotcha. Either way your two examples of him showing to be bulletproof are not 100% proof. Especially in JLA when we didn't even see a bullet hit him, and in Outsiders we don't even know if it was bullets to begin with or something else. While we have seen bullets be more affective on AM then not.

Un-Gotcha me then and stop being so "fantastic" and "gotcha"
We are discussing comics no need to take this tone.

I listed the 2 instances take them as you will.
For the JLA isssue it was another poster that listed it in the respect thread and other posters agreed he was hit.
And unless you want to say that your opinion>>other opinions it is still debatable though I don't really care.

As for the second instance the same thing applies.
And again I don't really care, since even if there were doubts for Orins toughness before, the head writer of DC made it clear now for all to see.

At least we agree that the scans are debatable.
So because I believe you like Aquaman as well as me, chill.
I believe the scans show he is bulletproof, you don't.

-K-M-
Un-Gotcha me then and stop being so "fantastic" and "gotcha"
We are discussing comics no need to take this tone.

I listed the 2 instances take them as you will.
For the JLA isssue it was another poster that listed it in the respect thread and other posters agreed he was hit.
And unless you want to say that your opinion>>other opinions it is still debatable though I don't really care.

As for the second instance the same thing applies.
And again I don't really care, since even if there were doubts for Orins toughness before, the head writer of DC made it clear now for all to see.

At least we agree that the scans are debatable.
So because I believe you like Aquaman as well as me, chill.

....gotcha as in "I understand" I don't mean it as an insult

Where was this? as we didn't even see a deflection image on AM which is done when anything is deflected off. Generally though in respect threads, generally a person who posts is over zealous for the character and will agree with anything. So meh!

No, and nor was I even thinking of saying that erm

Ok? hence why I said Im glad they made it officially he is bulletproof.

ok.

comicfan11
....gotcha as in "I understand" I don't mean it as an insult

Where was this? as we didn't even see a deflection image on AM which is done when anything is deflected off. Generally though in respect threads, generally a person who posts is over zealous for the character and will agree with anything. So meh!

No, and nor was I even thinking of saying that erm

Ok? hence why I said Im glad they made it officially he is bulletproof.

ok.

Glad we agree.
Cheers and apologies If I missunderstood your writing.

-K-M-
The reason I want to know where the respect thread was, as I will be doing one for Aquaman and I like to see how others do it and make sure I cover everything.

FYI, do you know the issue where Aquaman beat Power Ring with his hook hand easily?

comicfan11
The reason I want to know where the respect thread was, as I will be doing one for Aquaman and I like to see how others do it and make sure I cover everything.

FYI, do you know the issue where Aquaman beat Power Ring with his hook hand easily?

Earth 2 by G.Morisson.

You'll do an Aquaman respect thread?

F*ckin great!
Best respect threads in KMC!

Send me a PM for everything you need, mostly after 1991!

Some of his best feats are pretty hard to spot since they are not in his books.

Anyway check the current, prolly abandoned respect thread for ideas and if you need anything let me know.

-K-M-
Nice thanks.

Yep I'm doing one, and been working on it for a month or so just collecting the scans right now and organizing.

Oh I got all their scans from that respect thread, problem with that is they don't have issue numbers attached with them and I like to do that.

-Pr-
I have tons ot Aquaman stuff too, so anything you need, just let me know.

I loved the panel from behind Arthur where everyone is taking cover and he's just standing there casual tanking the machine gun fire. Very impressive.

bannedtroll007
I have tons ot Aquaman stuff Gay... sick

Solidus Black
Aquaman 10/10

Speed, strength, durability

If he can swim at 40,000 feet per second (or some ludicrous number (from the ultramarines/shaggyman saga in JLA)) then he is way out of Iron Fist's speed, durability and strength league

Solidus Black

he is. See Brightest Day 1 and the Ultramarines/Shaggyman saga from JLA

-Pr-
Originally posted by bannedtroll007
Gay... sick

How?

Omega Vision
Aquaman.

aquaman stomp

StiltmanFTW
How could people be so blind back then?

Iron Fist rapes him. At sea.

-Pr-
lol @ this thread.

Because yes, this will totally be debated fairly.

cdtm
lol @ this thread.

Because yes, this will totally be debated fairly.

Right?

The bulletproof debate: Danny's never hurt anyone who's bullet proof before. Just ask Luke Cage. ^_^

I'm thinking h2h, Danny takes it.. If Aquaman uses the tp, he probably takes it (Could the Iron Fist protect him? He's used it to reverse brainwashing and such...)

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by cdtm
Right?

The bulletproof debate: Danny's never hurt anyone who's bullet proof before. Just ask Luke Cage. ^_^

I'm thinking h2h, Danny takes it.. If Aquaman uses the tp, he probably takes it (Could the Iron Fist protect him? He's used it to reverse brainwashing and such...)

The Church of Rand has worked hard to spread the gospel. This... fanboyism for Aquaman might undermine the movement.

DarkSaint85
He also has the hand of the Waterbearer.....

-Pr-
He has the waterhand in this thread? lol.

DarkSaint85
Yah, well, I assumed it was so because the OP said this in his 3rd post:

Originally posted by Dark Riddick
come on ppl who wins the ironfist like unto iron or the water bearer hand that is unto water?

-Pr-
Ah.

Arthur wins, then. Him with the hand was like giving him Mera's powers on top, to an extent.

8swords
Aquaman.... 9/10

StiltmanFTW
How does he win? By throwing a starfish at Lord Rand? laughing out loud

Sixth_Winged
Aquaman for the majority. It'd be like deathstroke vs. aquaman fight cept any underestimation on Arthur's part actually has a chance to knock him down.

Branlor Swift
If Batman can stomp Aquaman... well, I needn't show you that Iron Fist would put ten elephant rectum's all over Aquaman's body

Falcon Man
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
How does he win? By throwing a starfish at Lord Rand? laughing out loud

By summoning Cthulhu.

http://i.imgur.com/Mj9h4.jpg

Golgo13
Aqua punch ftw!

Mindset
How is IF oneshotting Cthulhu helping AM?

Falcon Man
It'll serve as a distraction, as Aquaman gets Godzilla.

StiltmanFTW
And when Godzilla fails? Kraken? Or maybe his mighty seahorse? laughing out loud

-K-M-
Or make Iron Fist punch himself, yep...now what?

Mindset
AM dies.

Branlor Swift
Or make Iron Fist punch himself, yep...now what? The shockwaves kill AM

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
AM dies.
You wish!

AM for the stomp! Happy Dance

Mindset
IF oneshots AM and the ocean.

namorsubby
Clearly aquaman.

Mindset
..gets oneshotted.

Couldn't agree more.

Falcon Man
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And when Godzilla fails? Kraken? Or maybe his mighty seahorse? laughing out loud

Welp, that's all I've got. Tell me more of this Lord Rand, how does he compare to the normal Daniel?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by zopzop
You wish!

AM for the stomp! Happy Dance
Puffy is powered by a fraction of the Rand Force. Are you going to bet against the source?

Mindset
Originally posted by Falcon Man
Welp, that's all I've got. Tell me more of this Lord Rand, how does he compare to the normal Daniel? Same person.

I don't get your question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.