X-Men: First Class movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Its got a date and now a director....Matthew Vaughn will be the director

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65738

SnakeEyes
I'm much more excited for this now; Vaughn is certainly a capable director. Still, I'll hold back most excitement until I see a trailer or something, or at least hear casting/a more detailed plot synopsis.

Still, this will undoubtedly be better than shit like X3 and Wolverine, etc.

peejayd

Kazenji

roughrider
Anyone want to take bets on Matthew Vaughn getting fidgety, and once again exiting a Marvel project (just like he did with X3 & Thor)?
He does get cold feet when it's a huge project...

Until I hear casting, and that cameras are actually rolling... wink

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101038-goldman-also-working-on-the-x-men-first-class-script

she co-wrote the scripts for Stardust and Kick-Ass with Vaughn. She also co-produced the latter.

colossulrage
Its gonna suk marvel has F'd up the x-men movie franchise! they just need to START OVER!

KingD19
I want some Colossus....I know he's not on the original team, they just severely downplay what a good character he is.

Kazenji
Originally posted by colossulrage
Its gonna suk marvel has F'd up the x-men movie franchise! they just need to START OVER!

More like Fox Studio's and the people they get to do the scripts...

colossulrage
Originally posted by KingD19
I want some Colossus....I know he's not on the original team, they just severely downplay what a good character he is. To true man we need to see BIG C do something besides throw wolverine

colossulrage
Originally posted by Kazenji
More like Fox Studio's and the people they get to do the scripts... Ya my bad fox did not marvel studios.....yet

Flameback
Originally posted by colossulrage
To true man we need to see BIG C do something besides throw wolverine

You should be thankful for the privilege Colossus has of throwing Wolverine. Just goes to show once again that without Wolverine nobody would even know who Colossus is...but that rings true for everyone in the Marvel universe for the past several years, right!? If Wolverine isn't in your story then the story isn't truly Marvel material... laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66470

colossulrage
so is it just a origin story of prof and mags? or what??

Kazenji
Well its Based on the comic of the same name

go look it up.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102675-benjamin-walker-to-play-beast-in-x-men-first-class

And also Michael Fassbender for the role of Erik Lensherr

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102252-michael-fassbender-up-for-villains-in-x-men-and-spider-man-

roughrider
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102675-benjamin-walker-to-play-beast-in-x-men-first-class

And also Michael Fassbender for the role of Erik Lensherr

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102252-michael-fassbender-up-for-villains-in-x-men-and-spider-man-

And...Rosamund Pike has been cast as Emma Frost!

This is all going to fit into the continuity of the previous four films, which includes Emma getting rescued alongside a teenage Scott Summers from Stryker's base?

Omgu8mynewt
I really like all the casting chosen so far if it stays that way - especially Emma Frost.

If she's cast and she escaped from weapon x with Scott Summers, she'll be part of the original team of X men?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt

If she's cast and she escaped from weapon x with Scott Summers, she'll be part of the original team of X men?

Yeah thats gonna be weird

but then again Fox is involved they don't stick to the source.

roughrider
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
I really like all the casting chosen so far if it stays that way - especially Emma Frost.

It can still be part of continuity, if she starts at Xavier's academy, then goes out on her own later, before X-Men 1. The same thing happened with Beast; he wasn't there when Wolverine showed up, probably living the life as a mutant activist.

Kazenji
Banshes's getting cast and will be a kid

http://www.comicvine.com/news/banshees-getting-cast-in-x-men-first-class-too/141517/

crimsonphoenix
A kid? Really? This movie is going to be interesting..Im a little happy we get to see Sean but im not thrilled there going to have Emma in it. Dont get me wrong i like her character but i dont think she needs to be in this movie. I mean how are they going to have a "kid" Cassidy and a "grown up" Emma? Unless.... there might be some flash backs like they did in x3.

marwash22
Alice Eve as Emma Frost... could work.

crimsonphoenix
Im not talking about who could play her. I was really talking about how Emma as a character (i believe) shouldnt be in First Class. All they need to do casting wise for her is find someone with blonde hair, tan and big boobs stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
Im not talking about who could play her. I was really talking about how Emma as a character (i believe) shouldnt be in First Class. All they need to do casting wise for her is find someone with blonde hair, tan and big boobs stick out tongue

In a way, we should be glad that Bryan Singer didn't do X-Men 3. Because he planned to have Emma Frost and have her be played by a (then) 55-year old Sigourney Weaver. thumb down Sorry, but no. Emma shouldn't be in Xavier's age group.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103653-x-men-adds-havok

roughrider
The number of new characters being introduced for this - none of whom are around by the events of the first X-Men - makes me wonder if Marvel & Fox is doing some subtle rebooting, and throwing out the continuity of I-III.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-x-men-vs-kevin-bacon-in-first-class/141618/

FistOfThe North
Yea, I just read something like that on G4 news.

This is what I got:

"Deadline is reporting that the one and only Kevin Bacon has been offered the role of the film's villain. While Bacon is reportedly in negotiations for the role, no other details have been revealed on exactly who he would play."

interesting..

williamberry
really a good movie which is really full of entertainment.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67974

srankmissingnin
And here I was worried that Fox might have learned their lesson with X-Men Origins Wolverine on over casting and bogging down the movie with pointless ancillary characters...

I hope to GOD this movie gets shelved and the rights revert to Marvel.

crimsonphoenix
Yeah there already f'ing up the movie just by the mutants there casting imo. I really dont see what direction it is going. Im just thinking with them casting all these mutants that there might be some flashback/flash forward scenes.

Dr Mystery
Saw a photo of Kevin Bacon being interviewed the other day, I dunno if anyone knows who he will play yet but I thought that he looked a little like Mr Sinister.

Mshinu
If the movie involves Scott`s background, Mr Sinister is a strong possibility for Bacon`s role. I think he could be great as Essex. There is also a rumor saying he is going to play Sebastian Shaw. Less likely and fitting IMO.

shorty19
Does anybody know whos the main villin in XMFC and the heroes in the movie to.

Kazenji
Alot of the heroes have been revealed not that had to look up.

crimsonphoenix
I just want to see who they are going to cast as Scott, Jean, Bobby and Warren. (If there even going to be in the movie)

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/inception-gets-x-men-first-class-changed/141774/

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68815

so this is the confirmed cast so far

James McAvoy as Charles Xavier a.k.a Professor X

Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert

Mike Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr a.k.a Magneto

Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy a.k.a. Beast

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique

Caleb Landry Jones as Sean Cassidy a.k.a. Banshee

Lucas Till as Alex Summers a.k.a Havoc

Edi Gathegi as Darwin

Alice Eve as Emma Frost a.k.a. The White Queen

Kevin Bacon in an unspecified villain role ( rumored to be Sebastian Shaw)

Jason Flemyng as Azazel

The Big O
its going to fracked up royally, but i still go see it because im a Marvel junkie. so long as there isnt a speck of Wolvie in it, ill endure. and what the heck does Emma Frost, Banshee, and Havok have to do with the first class of mutants?

Kazenji
I still have faith for it since Matthew Vaughn is involved take a look at what he did with Kick-Ass.

Kazenji
January Jones has been confirmed for Emma Frost

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68864

BruceSkywalker

i like her.. good choice

RE: Blaxican
Ah hell yeah, she's my girl.

-Pr-
Not bad.

Still waiting to see what they do with Cyclops. Praying they don't mess it up.

What did you think of the guy who played him in the first three movies, PR?

The Big O
I still have faith for it since Matthew Vaughn is involved take a look at what he did with Kick-Ass. you might be on to something. that was greatly epic. here's hoping....

-Pr-
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

laughing out loud

you're probably better off not asking.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That he's not muscular enough to actually be Scott Summers, and stuff like that, which I kinda agree with.

>.>

crimsonphoenix
I picture Scott from what his nickname is, "slim". Tall and lean. Has a good jaw structure.

Ridley_Prime
Love your sig.

roughrider

What the hell is going on with the production team here?

First they announce a few months ago that Rosamund Pike has been cast as Emma. Then they announce not long after that actually, they have cast Alice Eve. Now today, it's January Jones...?
Who's playing Emma next week? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not sensing control behind the scenes; I'm sensing the studio pushing things around, shoveling in all these characters.
Matthew Vaughn walked away from X-Men 3 & Thor right in production, because he seemed at sea in dealing with a big budget production. If he's doing this to prove he can handle it... erm

Ridley_Prime
Indecisive nitwits is what they are.

crimsonphoenix
I have came to the conclusion that this movie is going to be one big clutter f***!

Ridley_Prime
Can't be any worse than X-Men Origins Wolverine.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

You underestimate these people.

Dum Dum Dugan
I hope for all are sakes he is not.

The Big O
they should really stop now. there is no way that Marvel Studios is going to make another good movie. after X2 and Spiderman 2 it should have been over and done. they screwed up Hulk(the second one was passable.), FF4, Elektra, DD, Blade, Punisher, X-Men 1&3(that whole franchise went kaupt, although Bryan Singer did the best he could with what he was given erm), let's just say all of the live action moves weren't anywhere near where they could have been. Thor, Spiderman 4 and the X-Men Origins series are going to be epic fails.......

no expression

......buuuut i'll watch them anyways because im a hypocrite and a Marvel junkie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Big O
they should really stop now. there is no way that Marvel Studios is going to make another good movie. after X2 and Spiderman 2 it should have been over and done. they screwed up Hulk(the second one was passable.), FF4, Elektra, DD, Blade, Punisher, X-Men 1&3(that whole franchise went kaupt, although Bryan Singer did the best he could with what he was given erm), let's just say all of the live action moves weren't anywhere near where they could have been. Thor, Spiderman 4 and the X-Men Origins series are going to be epic fails.......

no expression

Most of those movies you mentioned were'nt done at Marvel Studio's they were done at Fox, Sony and Lionsgate only movie/s that that been done at Marvel Studio's is Both Iron man movies and the upcoming Thor movie.

crimsonphoenix

The only reason i watch this movie cause Liev Schreiber is sexy in it embarrasment

emporerpants
i just read on ign that cyclops is not going to be in the movie. seriously, WTF. why the hell does every other form of media hate him so much? in the comics he is suddenly more popular than ever, and then they do this. seriously, wtf. it also seems that cyclops won't be in marvel vs capcom 3, and it appears that MARVEL is the reason why. they apparantly didn't want him in it. this is just something i read on gamefaqs, so it might not be right, but people seemed pretty sure about it. so if that is true it sucks. poor cyclops.

Cyclops shouldn't be in this movie anyway, didn't make sense for him to be in the first one. If their trying to do any sort of continuity, when Logan meets Cyclops at the Academy that's like his first time meeting them.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by emporerpants
i just read on ign that cyclops is not going to be in the movie. seriously, WTF. why the hell does every other form of media hate him so much? in the comics he is suddenly more popular than ever, and then they do this. seriously, wtf. it also seems that cyclops won't be in marvel vs capcom 3, and it appears that MARVEL is the reason why. they apparantly didn't want him in it. this is just something i read on gamefaqs, so it might not be right, but people seemed pretty sure about it. so if that is true it sucks. poor cyclops.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 is one thing, but the leader of the X-Men not being in a film such as this is certainly crossing the line. My interest in this movie just went down tenfold.

-Pr-
The first X-Man isn't in x-men first class. Colour me f*cking surprised.

Bryan Singer screws over Cyclops yet again...

Kazenji
Well besides the cyclops news

heres some more details

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68954

Its Said to take place in the 1960's from that news.

emporerpants
I was excited for this movie until i found out that cyke wasn't going to be in it. now i'm not going to see this movie. seriously, what the hell is wrong with singer? why does he hate cyke so much? when i first heard of this movie, and the fact that wolvie wasn't going to be in it, i was like "yes, finally cyke has a chance to shine." now they'll be lucky if i rent it. even if this is a good movie there is no way i'm going to see it.

Ridley_Prime
It'll probably just be something I'll watch when I'm bored when it's shown on TV long after release (like I did X-Men Origins Wolverine and other horrible adaptations) so I won't get that inevitable feeling of disappointment after watching it at a theater which I paid to see (not even gonna bother with watching it online or any of that crap).

The Nuul
Emma Frost will appear as the Hellfire Club's White Queen as well. WTF? She was like 20ish in Wolverine. I guess this is not canon or Wolverine is not to X-Men movies?

This movie will suck so bad. His Valkyrie was meh.

roughrider
Well besides the cyclops news

heres some more details

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68954

Its Said to take place in the 1960's from that news.

Same article with more detail.

Now I don't really get what's going on. OK, it starts in the 1960's when Xavier & Magneto were still young men starting the school; if they want to keep continuity with the other X-films, then I guess Cyclops & Jean aren't in it, if we saw they were kids in the 1980's before this.
But what about Emma Frost? Are they now saying her cameo in Wolverine wasn't her?

emporerpants
seems like thats what they are doing. or maybe they just won't mention that at all and hope that we all forget that emma was in wolverine. either way, its stupid.

The Nuul
The X-Men movies are so messed up from the comics.

So, Bacon 52 year old is supposed to be playing Shaw. What they are they going to use CGI and make him look young again? or hes very old and Charles and Erik are in their 20s. In the comics they are all about the same age.

The Big O
Most of those movies you mentioned were'nt done at Marvel Studio's they were done at Fox, Sony and Lionsgate only movie/s that that been done at Marvel Studio's is Both Iron man movies and the upcoming Thor movie. well replace Marvel Studios with the production teams and my statement remains the same.

-Pr-
i honestly don't think they're sticking to any sort of set continuity with these movies, tbh...

the ninjak
All the Xmen films sucked. IMO. smile

The sooner they regain the rights from FOX ( which will never happen)

The better.

-Pr-
No Fox, no Bryan Singer.

From there, maybe.

The Nuul
^ thumb up

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
The X-Men movies are so messed up from the comics.

So, Bacon 52 year old is supposed to be playing Shaw. What they are they going to use CGI and make him look young again? or hes very old and Charles and Erik are in their 20s. In the comics they are all about the same age.

I'm less worried about Shaw. He's never appeared before, so it's not relevant to me that he, as Kevin Bacon, will be older than Xavier & Magneto. Doesn't bother me.

peejayd
Originally posted by emporerpants

* i don't remember anything interesting in doing a movie about Charles and Erik in their teens... they're just like Reed and Victor rip-offs, in my opinion... it would be interesting is the point where they will gather mutants to form their respective groups and battle each other out... minus Cyclops then this movie is stupid... mad

* i was hoping for more "Cyclops" and now this? i think Brett Ratner and Matthew Vaughn both hate Cyclops... for Bryan Singer, i don't know... sad

The Big O
Originally posted by -Pr-
i honestly don't think they're sticking to any sort of set continuity with these movies, tbh... i think i read or heard it somewhere that they aren't going with the flow. it's not supposed to be based in continuity. i cant prove this because i dont know if i even saw that. but it would make sense of how so desperately they destroying things.

and was Singer the first director?

darthmaul1
It doesn't have to be exactly the same as the comics, but i will admit if something was put in the movies before the continuity should stay the same. so emma frost who was in wolverine. will be in this movie and this movie takes place before wolverine? what if it takes place right after wolverine? you want to talk continuty how does sabertooth not know wolverine in the first movie in 2000?

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Big O
i think i read or heard it somewhere that they aren't going with the flow. it's not supposed to be based in continuity. i cant prove this because i dont know if i even saw that. but it would make sense of how so desperately they destroying things.

and was Singer the first director?

Yes, he directed X-Men 1 and 2.

roughrider
I don't know if this is a prequel, a reboot...
Or half prequel & half reboot, now. confused

Kazenji
Originally posted by darthmaul1
you want to talk continuty how does sabertooth not know wolverine in the first movie in 2000?

Even how wolverine escapes Weapon X is different in the Wolverine movie.

darthmaul1
Even how wolverine escapes Weapon X is different in the Wolverine movie.

How so? I know it looks a little different but to me it felt the same.

Kazenji
How so? I know it looks a little different but to me it felt the same.

Well with the X-men movies it shows Wolvie covered in blood and he just wanders out of a door

and with the Wolverine movie he's not covered in blood and he chops open a hole in the wall and escapes.

The Nuul
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't know if this is a prequel, a reboot...
Or half prequel & half reboot, now. confused

Its all because of Fox. They dont know what to do so they put out shit and just want money.

roughrider
The Incredible Hulk got away with being half sequel & half reboot...but there was less water under the bridge to contradict.

As far as Wolverine's memories in the X-Men films being different from Origins, that's allowable. Logan just had impressions of his past life, things rounded off. He remembered Stryker without knowing really what he did.

srankmissingnin
What I want to know is can a X-Men movie without any of the core X-Men draw enough people to the Box Office? No Wolverine, no Cyclops, no Jean Grey, No Colossus, No Nightcrawler, no Storm? Does John Q Public care about Havok and Banshee? Is the X-Men a strong enough franchise name that it will draw the people to the theaters regardless of the roster? To me this is like making a JLA movie without Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonderwoman... and who the hell wants to see that movie.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/x-men-first-class-young-professor-x-cast-and-emma-frost-on-set/142041/

January Jones looks bitchy as hell in that picture.

She fits the role perfectly.

ExodusCloak
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6063/1385098-january_jones_090810_1_super.jpg

Hey look they even went and cast a Jean Grey.

Quincy
Was way more excited about this when I thought it was going to be a reboot and just be the original team.

Now it's got me mehh

the ninjak
I just don't care how much FOX rape this team anymore.
Actually I hope they do use all these out of canon characters.

Kazenji
I'm guessing Emma Frosts skimpy outfit is under that white coat.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/108120-x-men-first-class-to-feature-emma-frost-lingerie-scene-

mr.smiley
This movie sounds like a complete mess.
I'm with the consensus here. Very excited at first but the more news that so happens to trickle down the line, the less excited I get.
No cyke, possibly set in the 60's (which dear lord still leaves room to cram Wolverine in it somewhere for whore attention and money).

Like mentioned before, does Singer just hate cyke? I remember on directors commentary for part one or two he mentioned what a great actor Marsden was and how hard it was to just keep him in such a stiff roll (or something to that degree). They never gave the character room to grow and kept him lame. Excusable in the first movie,very unforgiving in the second film, and "wtf???" for the third installment.
Granted Scotts death in The last stand could have carried a plethora of emotional weight behind it if they had even bothered to do anything,ANYTHING, with him in the context of the first two films.

ankur29
http://enlighted.com/pages/xmen.shtml

the ninjak
Beast looks great in those fan shots.

Ridley_Prime
So does Cyclops!.. oh wait, he's not in the movie.

the ninjak
So does Cyclops!.. oh wait, he's not in the movie.
I grew up on the original 5 members.
Shame on the writers for not having-
Bobby drake- Iceman
Hank McCoy- Beast
Scott Summers- Cyclops
Jean Grey- Marvel Girl
Warren Worthington III- Angel
And Xavier as their head master.

FOX are a level of Hell. Thses characters creatively used in a 60's setting would have been great.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113972-first-look-at-x-men-first-class

Kazenji
3 new photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73392

Ridley_Prime
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/114/1144355/XFC_Lineup_BB_9xW_w2.0_1295464371.jpg

no expression

They're working that push-up bra as hard as they can for ms. January Jones.

ares834
Magneto...

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/114/1145087/x-men-first-class-20110120002757810-000.jpg

no expression

Robtard
Horrible.

ExodusCloak
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/114/1144355/XFC_Lineup_BB_9xW_w2.0_1295464371.jpg

no expression

That's not official according to Vaughn

I would have never thought that January Jones could actually look the part. But she does.
http://blogs.e-rockford.com/movieman/files/2011/01/xmen1.jpg

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/

srankmissingnin
I don't know... I Emma is supposed to look like she has "the best body money can buy." They should have got someone who pretty clearly had plastic surgery, because January Jones doesn't look enough like a vapid, used up Orange County house wife to be Emma. cool

The Nuul
There seems to be some kind of communication problem between X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn and 20th Century Fox. Vaughn is claiming that this promo image was not approved to be released, yet we know for a fact that 20th Century Fox distributed the image officially to Yahoo!, MSN, Moviefone and IGN to post along with early interviews with the cast. Vaughn told /Film the following:

"I freaked out on them yesterday. I don't know where the hell that came from. I don't think it's a Fox image. It's not a pre-approved image. When I found out, I said, what the f*ck is this sh*t, and Fox is running around trying to figure out what happened as well. I agree. It's like a bad photoshop, which maybe it was by someone. It didn't reflect the movie. I was shocked when I saw it. I was like 'Jesus Christ'...

Sure, Vaughn may have not approved it, but we can assure you 100% that the image came from Fox. You can read more comments from Vaughn here, where you'll also find these two new photos of Michael Fassbender as Magneto and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
Magneto...

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/114/1145087/x-men-first-class-20110120002757810-000.jpg

no expression

I like the look of the helmet but the rest of it sick

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't know... I Emma is supposed to look like she has "the best body money can buy." They should have got someone who pretty clearly had plastic surgery, because January Jones doesn't look enough like a vapid, used up Orange County house wife to be Emma. cool

Byrne designed Emma off Emma Peel from the Avengers Tv Show. I think they're going with that inspiration.

darthmaul1
http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/01/michael-fassbender-magneto-photo-xmen-class/#

Maybe it might look better when the picture is moving instead of being a still shot, but the helmet looks funny and so does the costume and the poster of all of them looks like really bad photo shop.

ExodusCloak
I like the look of the helmet but the rest of it sick

I like Magneto's look, wasn't so sure without the helmet. But the helmet makes that costume.
http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/1xornfront.jpg

-Pr-
No Cyclops, no money from me.

srankmissingnin
No Cyclops, no money from me.

Seriously, they should have called the movie X-Men: B String.

The Nuul
This movie shouldnt even have been made. Period.

-Pr-
Seriously, they should have called the movie X-Men: B String.

the sad thing is, they got a really good cast in places. kevin bacon, fassbender, mcavoy? all good actors imo.

srankmissingnin
At least we will find out if the X-Men can be commercially successful without Wolverine.

-Pr-
At least we will find out if the X-Men can be commercially successful without Wolverine.

there's no reason they can't be, imo.

he would certainly strengthen their position, though.

srankmissingnin
there's no reason they can't be, imo.

he would certainly strengthen their position, though.

It's like making a JLA movie without Batman... only in the case of the X-Men don't have equivalents of Superman, GL, Flash or Wonder Woman to bringing fans without Batman inclusion. None of the X-Men outside of Wolverine have been able to sustain a solo book, and the few that have come close, well they aren't in this movie either...

The only upside is if it bombs, Disney might be able to buy back the rights.

-Pr-
It's like making a JLA movie without Batman... only in the case of the X-Men don't have equivalents of Superman, GL, Flash or Wonder Woman to bringing fans without Batman inclusion. None of the X-Men outside of Wolverine have been able to sustain a solo book, and the few that have come close, well they aren't in this movie either...

The only upside is if it bombs, Disney might be able to buy back the rights.

the x-men does have characters who are integral to the books other than wolverine, though. if you made a jla movie without batman, you'd still have people like superman and wonder woman. the x-men still has cyclops, storm, xavier, and a healthy rogues gallery. etc.

i honestly don't think the ability to sustain a solo book really matters when you're making an ensemble movie.

plus, who plays them also plays a part.

i hope disney does.

srankmissingnin
the x-men does have characters who are integral to the books other than wolverine, though. if you made a jla movie without batman, you'd still have people like superman and wonder woman. the x-men still has cyclops, storm, xavier, and a healthy rogues gallery. etc.

i honestly don't think the ability to sustain a solo book really matters when you're making an ensemble movie.

plus, who plays them also plays a part.

i hope disney does.

True, in the scheme of things most of the X-Men are far more integral to the team than Wolverine, he rarely plays an essential role in any of the X-Men stories, but there is a reason all the team books with Wolverine sell better than Legacy, and there is a reason Legacy sells more than X-Factor and New Mutants. Character fanbase is important.

That said more people buy vinyl records than comics, so in the scheme of things we are inconsequential to the success of a movie. Maybe the general public will love Havok and the movie will be a massive success... who can say.

-Pr-
True, in the scheme of things most of the X-Men are far more integral to the team than Wolverine, he rarely plays an essential role in any of the X-Men stories, but there is a reason all the team books with Wolverine sell better than Legacy, and there is a reason Legacy sells more than X-Factor and New Mutants. Character fanbase is important.

That said more people buy vinyl records than comics, so in the scheme of things we are inconsequential to the success of a movie. Maybe the general public will love Havok and the movie will be a massive success... who can say.

I'm not arguing that the fanbase isn't important. I'd agree that an X-Men movie with Wolverine will always make more money than one without. All I was saying was that without him, one could potentially still turn a decent profit based on it's own merits.

Let's hope they don't, and they eventually reboot X-Men in a few years. Well, I do at least.

spidermanrocks
I'm very pissed at this movie. And it seems to contradict the other 4 X-Men films. Emma Stone appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine so I don't know how she can appear in this film that is supposed to be "canon" since it will take place in the 60's. I don't have high expectations for this film.

This guy's video did a great job on explaining why I'm not excited for this movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qebt-LyTYxY

-Pr-
You mean Emma Frost?

spidermanrocks
You mean Emma Frost?

CRAP! I can't believe I said that laughing . Yeah, I meant Emma Frost XD.

darthmaul1
Really Emma frost is in it? That's the one that changed to diamonds right?

Kazenji
Bingo

darthmaul1
Maybe it will suck so bad that we can forget about it so we won't have to worry about it fitting into the other movies.

Kazenji
The trailer for this will debut tomorrow .

Scythe
Oh, god. Don't think I'm ready, man.

the ninjak

Fox have already crushed my hopes for a good origin movie.
The era helps but the roster doesn't.

Darth Venom

and here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZ5ZJPdG7k

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Darth Venom
and here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZ5ZJPdG7k

Holy ****. I was not expect this at all... but that trailer look absolutely awesome. Better than Thor. Better than Cap. Better than Green Lantern. I just went from low expectations to can't wait. eek!

Here's the trailer embedded.

UrbHykKUfTM

Why did FOX waste some many Superbowl spots with crappy House commericals when they had this?

ExodusCloak
I had no expectations. So I am very pleased.

Darth Venom
really looks good hope it will do well

Darth Venom
Holy ****. I was not expect this at all... but that trailer look absolutely awesome. Better than Thor. Better than Cap. Better than Green Lantern. I just went from low expectations to can't wait. eek!

gfZ5ZJPdG7k

Why did FOX waste some many Superbowl spots with crappy House commericals when they had this?

would beast be beast in this and not a man ?

srankmissingnin
Beast is the kid with the glasses.

darthmaul1
That actually looks pretty good.
But I'm curious as to how Emma frost is in it when she was in wolverine and younger? Does she not age?

I think this is a different continuity.

roughrider
That actually looks pretty good.
But I'm curious as to how Emma frost is in it when she was in wolverine and younger? Does she not age?

I have a feeling Fox & Marvel are quietly disregarding many details from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, like the appearance of the teenage Emma (that she won't in fact be THE Emma Frost), and maybe even how Deadpool was handled. It may be what Ang Lee's Hulk was to The Incredible Hulk & Avengers series, in the end.

Kazenji
It has that Wolverine trailer feel to me.

Mindset
It has that Wolverine trailer feel to me. Really?

It doesn't look like complete shit to me.

Kazenji
Trailer was shit?.....maybe the finished product

don't you remember the trailer how they tried to make all epic for it

its that what this movies trailer feels like to me.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by roughrider
I have a feeling Fox & Marvel are quietly disregarding many details from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, like the appearance of the teenage Emma (that she won't in fact be THE Emma Frost), and maybe even how Deadpool was handled. It may be what Ang Lee's Hulk was to The Incredible Hulk & Avengers series, in the end.

That's crap I enjoyed wolverine and I don't think it was a complete shit show like hulk.

-Pr-

UrbHykKUfTM

not as shit as i thought it would be.

still annoyed at their roster though.

ExodusCloak
not as shit as i thought it would be.

still annoyed at their roster though.

I think their logic was no one would be bitchin' about background characters being out of character or getting little screen time if they were all D-listers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I think their logic was no one would be bitchin' about background characters being out of character or getting little screen time if they were all D-listers.

probably.

Darth Venom
gfZ5ZJPdG7k

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>