Rose Art Colored Pencils

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinzin
Stupid pieces of CRAP! It's like they made those colored pencils out of the recycled shavings of OTHER COLORED PENCILS!

Lol.

Hey guys, been a while thought we go use some random Jinzin in here.

LanceWindu
****ing colored pencils! shakefist

I prefer Crayola for when I want to color.

jinzin
And WTF was up with those "safety scissors"?! You couldn't cut wet paper if you tried. I remember trying to cut a piece of construction paper with those things; the most you could hope for was to wear the paper down with enough creasing until you could pull it apart at the seam.... and.. WHY did they always smell like old Crayons? Whether they had ever touched a crayon or not.... confused

Peach
I love colored pencils.

I have a nice set of Prismacolors, though. I also have two sets of Prismacolor markers. The three sets I have cost about...$375 total. Expensive but oh god so worth it.

LanceWindu
...why? Do they really make that big of a difference?

Rogue Jedi
Magik markers.

steverules_2
I just use a normal pencil, an artist should be able to to draw with anything 131

LanceWindu
Originally posted by steverules_2
I just use a normal pencil, an artist should be able to to draw with anything 131

Lawl

Rogue Jedi
Crayons.

Peach
Originally posted by LanceWindu

They really do, actually. I've got several sets of colored pencils and the cheaper ones I have don't color nearly as nicely nor blend as well as the Prismacolors.

...plus I didn't actually pay for them. They were in my supply kit for my classes happy

jinzin
Originally posted by LanceWindu
They do, they have a TON more pigment in them and are less prone to making the teeth on your paper flat giving that shiny appearance, plus they actually blend well... but overall, they're REALLY messy if you don't watch it, you've gotta be careful using them, have some workable fixative on hand and as previously mentioned, they're expensive as hell....

Definitely a huge difference, worth it if you are into colored media and you can afford em.

Anyways, back on topic, THEN you got these markers... is it just me or did every marker that ever passed through grade school happen to be the most potent death stick that could have been produced?

I don't think I've ever come accross markers with such a hostile smell since my school days. lol

Peach
Colored pencils don't need fixative. Regular pencils do.

And yes, Prismacolor markers are vile-smelling, though they are alcohol-based instead of water-based. That's why.

jinzin
They do if they're prismacolor... or at least... you should be using some. That's heavy pigment.

Selphie
I miss you, jinzin

jinzin
Awwww. I'm only 4 clicks away in the vs. forum.... but I missed you guys, that's why I couldn't resist comin back. smile

mikeydude
I like Prismacolor.

jinzin
I like cake.

pgdarth95
mmmmmmmm, cake.............NO! STOP IT! YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

Bowser jr
water colour pencils are nicer then using water colour paints. but still cant bet the smell of a good perment marker pen. those were the good days smile

cristnamartine
Well there are lots of color pencil and also lots of brand for that pencil. water colour pencils are nicer then using water colour paints. but still cant bet the smell of a good permanent marker pen.

ADarksideJedi
I prefer markers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.