Nightcrawler/John Wraith versus Roland and the Paladins...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Nightstalker and John Wraith have partnered up and turned criminal, robbing banks, doing all sorts of criminal shit.

The authorities are powerless to stop them, so Roland and the Paladins (Jumper) are enlisted to hunt down and kill the teleporters. Naturally the Paladins weapons will have the same effect on them as they had on Griffin and David.

Can Roland and the Paladins find the teleporters and kill them?

steverules_2
Was Roland played by Sammy L Jackson?

Rogue Jedi
Mhm.

KingD19
If they do track them down, they end up getting their asses beat by the teleporters.

Rogue Jedi
Wraith wasn't exactly a h2h master.

KingD19
No he wasn't....but he stayed ahead of Sabretooth for a while, and if he hadn't served with him and known he he thought and acted, he wouldn't have caught him.

Rogue Jedi
How exactly was Wraith supposed to kill Victor?

KingD19
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

He wasn't gonna kill him, but he kept him off balance for a little bit.

Robtard

He could have.

TP him a mile up, let him free-fall down, once Sabretooth splatters, remove his head and mount it on the wall.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
He could have.

TP him a mile up, let him free-fall down, once Sabretooth splatters, remove his head and mount it on the wall. Wraith was never shown TPing anywhere but on the ground.

Robtard
Wraith was never shown TPing anywhere but on the ground.

He was also never shown porting only an inch, would you say he can't do that either?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
He was also never shown porting only an inch, would you say he can't do that either? Yes.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by KingD19
If they do track them down, they end up getting their asses beat by the teleporters.

Doubtful, seeing as the Paladins' entire organisation was created to kill teleporters and they've been doing exactly that for centuries.

So yeah, Roland and his people track them down and kill them. Tracking and killing people who teleport is just a typical working day for them. Heck, their usual targets (Jumpers) are far better at teleporting than those two.

KingD19
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Doubtful, seeing as the Paladins' entire organisation was created to kill teleporters and they've been doing exactly that for centuries.

So yeah, Roland and his people track them down and kill them. Tracking and killing people who teleport is just a typical working day for them. Heck, their usual targets (Jumpers) are far better at teleporting than those two.

NC teleported halfway across the country, so fast that Xavier couldn't keep up with his mind.

And we don't Wraith's teleporting range, but it was implied that it's pretty far.

And on top of that, Griffin and David did pretty well.

Oh yeah, and none of the Jumpers were trained spec ops agents, or guys with super strength and agility. In a fight, NC and Wraiths teleporting trumps the Jumpers, Jumpers could just teleport larger masses with them and go further.

Rogue Jedi
Wraith uses machine guns, nuff said.

chomperx9
i didnt get the paladins part in the jumper movie. like his mother was supposed to kill him and stuff. is it in their blood to kill them or why are they enemies ? and i didnt see any paladins do any crazy stuff in the movie no powers or nothing.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chomperx9
i didnt get the paladins part in the jumper movie. like his mother was supposed to kill him and stuff. is it in their blood to kill them or why are they enemies ? and i didnt see any paladins do any crazy stuff in the movie no powers or nothing.

The Paladins viewed jumpers as an abomination and were sworn/trained to kill them.

David's mom was a Paladin, David was born, all was well, then he made his first jump when he was a small child. She had two choices: Leave him or kill him. She chose to leave him.

The Paladins had cool gear, that's all. Roland was an above average h2h combatant.

chomperx9
The Paladins viewed jumpers as an abomination and were sworn/trained to kill them.

David's mom was a Paladin, David was born, all was well, then he made his first jump when he was a small child. She had two choices: Leave him or kill him. She chose to leave him.

The Paladins had cool gear, that's all. Roland was an above average h2h combatant. i thought that part was BS. i mean come on thats your damn son. just cause you were trained to kill his kind doesnt mean you have to. especially your own child. in real life they could live together without problems.

Rogue Jedi
i thought that part was BS. i mean come on thats your damn son. just cause you were trained to kill his kind doesnt mean you have to. especially your own child. in real life they could live together without problems. It was portrayed that way to show how dedicated Paladins are. And she made the right choice IMO. If she hadn't left, David would have one day been discovered anyway. Roland had no clue she was David's mom, he was surprised to see her picture in the Rice home.

chilled monkey
and i didnt see any paladins do any crazy stuff in the movie no powers or nothing.

Paladins are trained to develop a sixth sense that allows them to anticipate where a Jumper will appear next.

So for example, a Jumper teleports, a Paladin immediately senses "right" and nails him just as he re-appears.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

No.

KingD19
Paladins are trained to develop a sixth sense that allows them to anticipate where a Jumper will appear next.

So for example, a Jumper teleports, a Paladin immediately senses "right" and nails him just as he re-appears.

If that was the case, Griffin and David wouldn't have walked all up and down their asses.

And Chomper, a Paladin was like a samurai or a knight, if you were their kid, and you did something that made the feudal lord/regent/etc... want you dead, chances are either they'd kill you, or send you away. Their dedication to the cause is greater than their dedication to family.

As for the Paladins, Roland showed extremely slight super strength, and he had a fair bit of durability shown when Griffin multipled his mass and strength then punched him through that wall.

Rogue Jedi
QFT.

chilled monkey
haermm

No.

Yes.

Read here.

http://microsites2.foxinternational.com/uk/jumper_main/

Wait til it loads, go to "Site Menu" then go to "About the film" and select "Griffin's Notes."

chomperx9
If that was the case, Griffin and David wouldn't have walked all up and down their asses.

And Chomper, a Paladin was like a samurai or a knight, if you were their kid, and you did something that made the feudal lord/regent/etc... want you dead, chances are either they'd kill you, or send you away. Their dedication to the cause is greater than their dedication to family.

As for the Paladins, Roland showed extremely slight super strength, and he had a fair bit of durability shown when Griffin multipled his mass and strength then punched him through that wall. and i only know about the paladins from WOW lol. and

if i was a parent i would put my children before any laws or religion. for example when a parent is a cop and they see that their son shop lifted they arent gonna turn their son in.

KingD19
and i only know about the paladins from WOW lol. and

if i was a parent i would put my children before any laws or religion. for example when a parent is a cop and they see that their son shop lifted they arent gonna turn their son in.

Yeah, but if they see their son committed a murder or something, it would be against everything they stood for to not turn him in.

chomperx9
Yeah, but if they see their son committed a murder or something, it would be against everything they stood for to not turn him in. thats different when it involves someone elses life

KingD19
thats different when it involves someone elses life

Let me put it like this....imagine the Paladins as modern day Crusaders, in medieval times, the Crusaders were on a quest to convert everyone they came across, and they'd kill those who wouldn't convert.

The Paladins see Jumpers as abominations in the eyes of God, because they can go wherever they want, and essentially do everything they want. The Paladins know nothing is gained without consequences, which is why they hunt the Jumpers....no one should have that much power but God.

chomperx9
Let me put it like this....imagine the Paladins as modern day Crusaders, in medieval times, the Crusaders were on a quest to convert everyone they came across, and they'd kill those who wouldn't convert.

The Paladins see Jumpers as abominations in the eyes of God, because they can go wherever they want, and essentially do everything they want. The Paladins know nothing is gained without consequences, which is why they hunt the Jumpers....no one should have that much power but God. but thats wrong accusing all of em as abominations everyone is different. its like in the mutant world almost all the human race wants mutants extinct. sure there are some bad ones but you cant accuse all of them of being a threat and dangerous to be around.

KingD19
but thats wrong accusing all of em as abominations everyone is different. its like in the mutant world almost all the human race wants mutants extinct. sure there are some bad ones but you cant accuse all of them of being a threat and dangerous to be around.

I never said it was right, I said that's what the Paladins believe. Roland himself states that several times through the movie.

Rogue Jedi
Yes.

Read here.

http://microsites2.foxinternational.com/uk/jumper_main/

Wait til it loads, go to "Site Menu" then go to "About the film" and select "Griffin's Notes." No thanks, copy and paste it.

chilled monkey

Rogue Jedi
Stated in the movie?

KingD19
Sorry Monkey, extra content doesn't count. Like X3 Juggernaut was vunerable to lightning in the deleted scenes of the movie. Since it wasn't in the main movie, he's not vulnerable to lightning.

chomperx9
Sorry Monkey, extra content doesn't count. Like X3 Juggernaut was vunerable to lightning in the deleted scenes of the movie. Since it wasn't in the main movie, he's not vulnerable to lightning. i didnt even bother watching the deleted scenes.

chomperx9
i think movie jumper has better skills at teleporting than movie nightcrawler. nightcrawler admitted he has to see where he is going to teleport. jumper can jump from vegas to jamaica if he wanted to.

also nightcrawler makes a big BAMF sound when teleporting. jumper is more quite how he ports.

KingD19
i think movie jumper has better skills at teleporting than movie nightcrawler. nightcrawler admitted he has to see where he is going to teleport. jumper can jump from vegas to jamaica if he wanted to.

also nightcrawler makes a big BAMF sound when teleporting. jumper is more quite how he ports.

I said the Jumpers could port farther, but NC and Wraith teleport better during fights. NC took out an entire detail of Secret Service agents within 2 minutes. Wraith took on Sabretooth and didn't die for a few seconds.

Rogue Jedi
I'll take Griffins abilities over NC or Wraith.

chomperx9
I said the Jumpers could port farther, but NC and Wraith teleport better during fights. NC took out an entire detail of Secret Service agents within 2 minutes. Wraith took on Sabretooth and didn't die for a few seconds. but we only saw wraith port in that area close by.

KingD19
but we only saw wraith port in that area close by.

If you can port around Sabretooth, then you're good.

Plus he has guns.

chomperx9
If you can port around Sabretooth, then you're good.

Plus he has guns. jumper can jump in a gun store and get some. if he can jump in a safe and take money a store shouldnt be a problem.

sure wraith has more experience with fighting he is a soldier.

jumper wasnt grown up yet.

KingD19
jumper can jump in a gun store and get some. if he can jump in a safe and take money a store shouldnt be a problem.

sure wraith has more experience with fighting he is a soldier.

jumper wasnt grown up yet.

They'd have to have a picture in their head of the gun store first. And the only reason he got in the safe, he saw it first.

Yeah he has more experience, he was a black ops soldier who would trump them in h2h, and teleport fightning.

And what do you mean he wasn't grown up? Griffin and David were both in their 20's at the time of the movie.

Back on topic, if you put NC and Wraith in a fight against Roland and some paladins, they'd wreck shop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.