Is punk rock dead??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bowser jr
Ok I've been asked by a good friend is Punk Rock Dead????? Can you guys give me your opinons on what you think. I'll be very greatfull. smile

kava_kava
it might have died down a bit, but nothing ever dies, especially mainstream music genres

Shakyamunison
Punk rock is old foggy music. laughing out loud

Robtard
Punk Rock died way back in the day, when it became mainstream.

kava_kava
so die in music sense, you mean "lost its original style" well still as i said, nothing dies, you can find a real punk rocker, even if mainstreamity (yes) has sort of killed punk rock essence

Bowser jr
music wise it will turn up agian as like most things. but they do come back around again. for example fashion like vintige is back. most things die down and some one sparks it up again. just takes a few decades to come back. thats what i think. smile

lord xyz
punk rock is dead

even indie has suffered the same fate with pop bands being labelled as such.

Bardock42
I think it depends a lot on what your definition of punk rock is.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think it depends a lot on what your definition of punk rock is.

The Clash /end

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
The Clash /end

A great old foggy band.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
A great old foggy band.

Agreed on the great, have no idea what the fog reference has to do with The Clash. ?????????????

Shakyamunison
Agreed on the great, have no idea what the fog reference has to do with The Clash. ?????????????

"fogy" Sorry, too many g's.

Colossus-Big C
never heard of it

Symmetric Chaos
Yes and I was the one who killed it.

Scythe
Course.

MildPossession
I was going to go on about it but then realised you said punk rock, I was getting confused with that shitty pop punk.

jinXed by JaNx
rancid is still alive

Bicnarok
No way, I still listen to it.

Of course if you are refering to new groups making punk rock, well I think it may not be as present as before but various groups use similair sort of music but are seen as rock music as apposed to punk rock.

Bardock42
The Clash /end

Well, the Clash are pretty much dead...so under your definitions, yeah, I suppose it's dead.

Liberator
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
rancid is still alive

agreed.

Blinky
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, the Clash are pretty much dead...so under your definitions, yeah, I suppose it's dead.

The Adicts and The Dickies are still performing, if that's any consolation.

Liberator
depends on what you're talking about to. If you mean 70's style punk than yeah its dying out, thats inevitable. but punk rock as whole? probably not and probably never will.

jinXed by JaNx
Punk Rock didn't die, it just grew up. There will always be bands who will pay homage to the greats, subhumans, Dead kennedys etc..., There are loads of punk rock bands out there..,LOADS. All you need to do is seek them out. Try Myspace, yeah, remember that place? I've gotten to know quite a few bands, rather personally through that site. Things, like last F.m and all that other jazz (music networking) is the way to go. As much as i hate to admit it...,piracy really does keep many bands from getting well known. So get to kno your bands and go see them perform live. Punk rock has always been about the live performances anyway, so what are you wasting time listening to them through headphones, ya muppet?

I think Punk has just evolved into a more blue collar genre.

jrjakn118
It will never die, maybe the fad this year is not punk rock. But there will come a time that punk rock will be soon the in thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.