Big Barda vs Mera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Q99
Barda stomps.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Barda stomps.
What if she didn't have her Mega Rod?

comicfan11
Barda WTF stomps rod or no rod.
Johns seems to have given Mera a push but she is not strong or skilled enough to even take on Barda.

It might be closer near water but even then Barda stomps

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What if she didn't have her Mega Rod?

Then she merely stomps.

If Mera gets her trident of Atlantis as well, then it's reduced to a stomp, Barda's favor.

-K-M-
Heh! If she can give Wonder Woman a fight, I don't see how Barda stomps. Barda will win, but not stomp her.

Q99
Originally posted by -K-M-
Heh! If she can give Wonder Woman a fight, I don't see how Barda stomps. Barda will win, but not stomp her.

BL WW was toying with her (to bring out her emotions). She was pretty clearly the more skilled.

Without the trident, I don't know if Mera can even *hurt* her.

-K-M-
Not talking about Blackest Night, they have fought before.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Q99
BL WW was toying with her (to bring out her emotions). She was pretty clearly the more skilled.

Without the trident, I don't know if Mera can even *hurt* her.

I haave to agree with this.

Q99
Not talking about Blackest Night, they have fought before.

When was that? Not in WW, I'm sure.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
When was that? Not in WW, I'm sure.

Oh during Aquaman vol.2 era, years and years ago. I will see if I can track it down.

Q99
Oh during Aquaman vol.2 era, years and years ago. I will see if I can track it down.

It might've been during one of her weak eras. Around the time that Artemis took over Diana was written around a class 25~, for example.

comicfan11

Please do.
You picked my interest.
Though I think you might remember Dolphin vs WW in PAD's Aquaman #16.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
It might've been during one of her weak eras. Around the time that Artemis took over Diana was written around a class 25~, for example.

Very likely.

Originally posted by comicfan11
Please do.
You picked my interest.
Though I think you might remember Dolphin vs WW in PAD's Aquaman #16.

No I'm not thinking Dolphin, and all Dolphin did was take a punch from a pissed off Wonder Woman in that instance...though, if she could do it it's fesiable so could Mera.

comicfan11
Very likely.

No I'm not thinking Dolphin, and all Dolphin did was take a punch from a pissed off Wonder Woman in that instance...though, if she could do it it's fesiable so could Mera.

She took the punch but didn't hurt WW.
And when Dolphin fought Mera a few issues before Dolphin and Mera were evenly matched (Orin broke the fight)
Dolphin couldn't make WW bleed even with a surpise attack but she did that quite easily to Mera.

And it's been shown in the comics that Aquaman>Dolphin both in strength and durability.

Barda is evenly matched or at least close with Diana but going by showings Mera is waay beneath them

-K-M-
She took the punch but didn't hurt WW.
And when Dolphin fought Mera a few issues before Dolphin and Mera were evenly matched (Orin broke the fight)
Dolphin couldn't make WW bleed even with a surpise attack but she did that quite easily to Mera.

And it's been shown in the comics that Aquaman>Dolphin both in strength and durability.

Barda is evenly matched or at least close with Diana but going by showings Mera is waay beneath them

Fanastic, where did I say Dolphin hurt WW?

Wasn't much of a fight (Mera/Dolphin) in AM #12 (vol.3).

Fantastic, I didn't say Mera was going to win so not sure what the point of that was.

Yes Aquaman > Dolphin, and we have seen Mera beat AM straight up before herself. Sooooo that kind of mucks things up. AM beat her in Aquaman #3 (Vol.3), by accidential snapping her neck but that's his only victory where Mera has more then not.

comicfan11
Fanastic, where did I say Dolphin hurt WW?

Wasn't much of a fight (Mera/Dolphin) in AM #12 (vol.3).

Fantastic, I didn't say Mera was going to win so not sure what the point of that was.

Yes Aquaman > Dolphin, and we have seen Mera beat AM straight up before herself. Sooooo that kind of mucks things up. AM beat her in Aquaman #3 (Vol.3), by accidential snapping her neck but that's his only victory where Mera has more then not.

You didn't say it.
I just talked about the fight to show that Dolphin=Mera physically.
Plus when exactly did Mera beat Aquaman herself.

All I remeber is Aquaman "killing her" when he didn't even want to hurt her.
He just threw her to a wall and she was "killed"

-K-M-
You didn't say it.
I just talked about the fight to show that Dolphin=Mera physically.
Plus when exactly did Mera beat Aquaman herself.

All I remeber is Aquaman "killing her" when he didn't even want to hurt her.
He just threw her to a wall and she was "killed"

I wouldn't go as far as that, as Mera has shown to be very similar to AM in the past. In Strange Adventures and I'm pretty sure once in vol.1

yeah she accidentially snapped her neck, and AM was trying to run away but Mera kept hurting him.

comicfan11
I wouldn't go as far as that, as Mera has shown to be very similar to AM in the past. In Strange Adventures and I'm pretty sure once in vol.1

yeah she accidentially snapped her neck, and AM was trying to run away but Mera kept hurting him.

Do you have the specific issues where Mera has been shown to be physically more powerfull than Orin?
Because you said before that she did beat him.
I don't remember such instance and I'm pretty sure I've read every appearance of Orin before.

All I remeber is the above mentioned "fight" where Aquaman "killed" her without even trying.
All Mera did was hit him with some hard water blasts that didn't do anything to Orin.

But If you find the issues where Mera beat Aquaman I'd really want to know.

-K-M-
Do you have the specific issues where Mera has been shown to be physically more powerfull than Orin?
Because you said before that she did beat him.
I don't remember such instance and I'm pretty sure I've read every appearance of Orin before.

All I remeber is the above mentioned "fight" where Aquaman "killed" her without even trying.
All Mera did was hit him with some hard water blasts that didn't do anything to Orin.

But If you find the issues where Mera beat Aquaman I'd really want to know.

No, because I never said she was more powerful then Orin.

She beat him with her powers, I never said her strength.

In Strange Adventures Mera was shown to be a beast. She was making construct nearly 30 ft long.

He was trying, and they even briefly clashed physically and were close before the neck snap

Those same hard water blasts have knocked him out in the past.

comicfan11
No, because I never said she was more powerful then Orin.

She beat him with her powers, I never said her strength.

In Strange Adventures Mera was shown to be a beast. She was making construct nearly 30 ft long.

He was trying, and they even briefly clashed physically and were close before the neck snap

Those same hard water blasts have knocked him out in the past.

My bad.
And I don't doubt you but really can you find the instances?
Specific issues?
I want to read them my self.

And I think Mera never appeared in Strange Adventures.
Maybe you mean Adventure Comics?

And when Aquaman "killed" he wasn't even trying to hurt his beloved wife.
Mera went all out and couldn't do nothing to Orin.

-K-M-
My bad.
And I don't doubt you but really can you find the instances?
Specific issues?
I want to read them my self.
And I think Mera never appeared in Strange Adventures.
Maybe you mean Adventure Comics?

I honestly got rid of most of those apperances on my hard drive as the stories were pretty boring. I may have saved the fight, but I doubt it.

She did appear in Adventure Comics, but hmmm...maybe it was in Adventure as Im pretty sure she had more apperances in that.

comicfan11
I honestly got rid of most of those apperances on my hard drive as the stories were pretty boring. I may have saved the fight, but I doubt it.

She did appear in Adventure Comics, but hmmm...maybe it was in Adventure as Im pretty sure she had more apperances in that.

No prob.
I searched in comicbookdb and there isn't a single instance of her in Strange Adventures.
So I'll just check again Adventure Comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.